Hybrid: foam combo with microcoils
Customizable based on personal preference
10-year limited warranty
A hybrid mattress that is custom built for the people sleeping on it
- The Helix mattress is a bed that’s made truly for you. It factors in the size and sleeping preference of the people who will be sleeping on it to determine things like firmness, support and pressure point relief.
- The mattress is built based on the results of a simple quiz that both you and your sleeping partner can complete in just a few minutes.
Helix mattress review
See how the Helix performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Mattress Advisor Score for the Helix
Here’s how the Helix mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|Helix Mattress Review|
|Test / Evaluation||Score|
|Motion Transfer Test||7.75|
|Edge Support Test||9|
|Pressure Relief Test||9|
|Spinal Alignment Test||8|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||5|
What to watch out for
- If you’re sharing the Helix with a sleeping partner, you will have the option to build a blended mattress (which combines both test results across the entire mattress) or dual comfort (which personalizes each side of the bed based on test results). If you opt for the dual comfort option, be aware that this will add $150 to your total, along with an extra 2-3 days in shipping time.
Helix sizes available
- Queen: $995
- King: $1,195
- Cal King: $1,195
- Twin: $600
- Twin XL: $700
- Full: $850
A look inside
While the Helix is customizable to meet your personal preference, there are three consistent materials used to craft this mattress:
- Helix dynamic foam – hybrid of memory foam and latex which offers great body contouring and cooling properties
- Pocketed microcoils – hundreds of miniature coils to help with weight distribution and pressure relief (These are packaged differently than innerspring coils so motion transfer is still reduced)
- Dense polyfoam – strong and durable base layer
To customize your Helix bed, you’ll take a simple, 2-3-minute sleep quiz to help build the best mattress for your needs. If you sleep with a partner, you can build a blended mattress OR each one of you can have your individual side customized (dual comfort).
What Helix customers have to say
- “We LOVE our Helix mattress! My husband prefers for his to be more firm and I like it a bit softer and that was always tricky for us. Now, no problem at all! We sleep like babies.” – Viktoriya K.
- “Their product is the best I’ve ever experienced and I have previously bought a number of very expensive and unsuccessful products in trying to solve my mattress and sleep problems. Their mattress solved a very painful hip contact problem on a top-rated memory foam mattress, that caused me to constantly awaken and rotate from side to side all night, because of the severe hip pain. Problem now solved.”
- “I got the Helix after trying out a competitor’s mattress. This is the best mattress that I have slept on. Great support, cool sleeping temp, and very comfortable. I would recommend this mattress to anyone looking for the complete package.” – Bill B.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
- Delivery: The Helix mattress ships free in the U.S. and usually takes 6-10 business days. If you choose the dual comfort option, this will add another 2-3 days to the shipping timeline.
- Setup: Once your Helix arrives, simply remove the mattress from the box and set it on your foundation while it’s still encased in plastic. Then, remove the mattress from its plastic wrapping, give it 45 minutes to an hour to regain its shape.
- Foundation: Works with most foundations and frames but is most compatible with flat surfaces because it is still a foam mattress.
- Return policy: If you are unhappy with your Helix mattress within the first 100 days, you can return it for a full refund. Helix will make every effort to donate lightly used mattresses to charities and housing facilities.
- Warranty: The Helix comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
- Cleaning: Do not machine wash or dry, bleach, or dry clean the cover. You can spot clean as needed with gentle soap and cold water. Make sure to air dry completely before putting on fresh sheets.
- Made in the USA.
- The foam layers in the Helix mattress are CertiPUR-US® certified.
- If you feel like your Helix mattress is too soft or too firm after the 30-day break-in period, Helix will provide a complimentary soft or firm topper that you can add overtop of your mattress during your 100-night trial. This doesn’t void the trial in any way, and you can still process a return/refund if you continue having issues.
- Helix offers a referral program for spreading the word about their mattress: for every friend you refer who ends up buying the mattress, your friend will get a $50 discount on their purchase and you’ll get a $50 Amazon gift card. You can learn more about the program here.
Other products sold by Helix
- Helix also offers a mattress foundation designed specifically to support the Helix mattress ($275 for queen) and a mattress protector ($90 for queen).
If you have more questions about the Helix mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the Helix mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.