Copper-infused memory foam; flippable
Soft side: 4-5/10; Firm side: 7/10
Lifetime limited warranty
Flippable memory foam mattress known to help people with back and joint pain
- The Layla is unique because you can actually sleep on both sides of the mattress depending on the level of firmness you prefer (kind of like a reversible bathing suit). If you’re not sure whether you prefer firm or soft, then the Layla might be a good option for you.
- They are also one of the only mattress brands of their kind to infuse copper in their foam. Copper is known to help reduce joint inflammation and ease joint pain/stiffness, which is especially helpful for people with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- While Layla isn’t the cheapest option, it’s still comparable (and you also have to consider the fact that you’re kind of getting two mattresses in one). A lifetime warranty isn’t bad either.
Layla mattress review
See how the Layla performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Mattress Advisor score for the Layla
Here’s how the Layla mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|Layla Mattress Review|
|Motion Transfer Test||8.5|
|Edge Support Test||9|
|Pressure Relief Test||9|
|Spinal Alignment Test||8|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||3|
What to watch out for
- Layla is still a memory foam mattress, so if you’re not used to this feel, it might take some getting used to.
- The Layla isn’t as popular as some of the other mattresses (yet, at least) meaning there are less customer reviews to take a look.
Layla sizes available
- Twin: $499
- Twin XL: $599
- Full: $799
- Queen: $899
- King: $999
- Cal King: $999
A look inside
Knowing that you can flip the mattress, we’ll describe the four layers inside the Layla mattress like a sandwich:
- Soft side – copper-infused memory foam provides comfort and cooling
- Convoluted air flow layer – softer density foam provides air flow and heat dissipation
- Base support foam – firm density foam that provides the overall support
- Firm side – copper-infused memory foam provides firmer feel and cooling
All layers are surrounded by a thermo-gel cooling cover. (Note: the more you cover the mattress with a mattress protector, topper and/or sheets, the less likely you are to reap the benefits of the cooling cover.)
What Layla customers have to say
- “The best mattress I’ve ever slept on. My partner and I were close to getting a Tempurpedic mattress, but decided to give Layla a try first and I’m so glad we did! My partner is more of a firm mattress guy and I’m all over the place. My preference tends to vary from soft/medium to medium/firm. However, we haven’t even flipped the Layla yet, as we’ve both been enjoying sleeping on the “soft” side. It’s beyond comfortable, sleeps cool and we couldn’t be happier.” – Danny G.
- “The Layla has amazing support. We use the firm side. Can’t even feel my husband tossing and turning.” – Sheri M.
- “I have owned 2 memory foam beds from Bragada and Amerisleep–both slept warm. This Layla mattress is my 3rd and it does not sleep warm. I sleep on my back and left side and it is very comfortable. I am recovering from a herniated disc in my neck and have been able to sleep 6-7 hours a night after only 4 nights of interrupted sleep from pain. I will only own memory foam mattresses, because they move with your body and I have little to no issues with my arms falling asleep and causing numbness. I will only own a memory foam mattress and so far Layla has been the best. Customer service was helpful when I called with one question too. Thank’s Layla!!” – Brenda W.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
Most customers in the lower 48 states can expect their new Layla mattress to arrive in 4-7 business days from the day they order with free shipping. *There is a $100 shipping fee for Alaska and Hawaii customers.
The Layla mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand. If you decide to change the firmness, you should unzip and remove the cover, flip the mattress over, then zip the cover back on.
Layla recommends these options: put it on the floor, use a traditional bed that requires a box spring, get a platform bed, or try an adjustable bed frame. Read more about what Layla suggests putting under your mattress.
After at least two weeks, and before four months of the purchase date; If you decide that you don’t love your Layla mattress, they’ll pick it up from you and issue you a full refund. They will donate all returned mattresses to charity so there are no restocking fees.
The Layla comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
The cover of the Layla mattress does completely zip off. Layla recommends dry cleaning the cover if it needs to be cleaned.
- Made in the USA.
- All foams used in the Layla mattress are CertiPUR-US certified; they are made without any ozone-depleters, PBDE flame retardants, VOC’s, mercury, lead and heavy metals, formaldehyde, or any prohibited phthalates.
- Layla has partnered with a homeless shelter in San Francisco – when you buy a Layla mattress, they provide the opportunity for someone in need to sleep on a bed that night. You can learn more about this cause here.
Other products sold by Layla
- Just the mattress for now
If you have more questions about the Layla mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from LaylaSleep.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.