Studio by Leesa Mattress Review
Studio by Leesa Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: January 2023
|✔️ Customer Rating: 4.6/5|
|✔️ Mattress Advisor Score: 8.7/10|
|✔️ Type: Memory Foam|
|✔️ Firmness: Medium-Firm|
|✔️ Free Shipping to All 50 States|
|✔️ 100-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️ 10-Year Warranty|
Get Up to $700 Off + 2 FREE Pillows
Summary review: The Leesa Studio Mattress is a memory foam mattress made from three layers of proprietary foam designed to cushion and support the body. With a medium-firm feel, the Studio is a good fit for the average sleeper. Plus, it sleeps cool and comes with a 100-night, risk-free sleep trial.
Who Is the Studio by Leesa Mattress Best for?
|Leesa Studio is best for:||Leesa Studio may not be best for:|
The Lessa Studio mattress is Leesa’s most affordable bed, perfect for budget shoppers. With a medium-firm feel and a plush comfort layer, the Studio achieves the ideal balance of support and pressure relief for the average sleeper.
The newest Leesa mattress, the Studio, was created to offer a budget-friendly option for Leesa customers. Read on to learn about the new Studio mattress, including its pros and cons, price, sleep trial details, and more.
What makes it unique:
- The Studio is the most affordable Leesa mattress, bringing their high-quality memory foam into the budget of more consumers.
- With a medium-firm feel and a plush, responsive comfort layer, the Studio mattress is perfect for the average sleeper.
- Leesa’s memory foam is incredibly responsive, quickly adjusting to your every movement. This means you won’t feel the sinking quicksand feeling of some all-foam beds.
We got a chance to try out the Studio mattress in our lab. See how it scored in 14 different areas for both performance and customer experience.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Leesa Studio Mattress: 8.7/10⭐
Leesa Studio Performance Highlights
- Responsive: It’s easy to move around on the Studio mattress. As we switched positions on the Studio, we felt it conform to our bodies rather quickly. This attribute makes the Leesa Studio a good fit for those who toss and turn at night.
- Isolates Movement: Motion isolation is one of the trademarks of an all-foam mattress. Because foam does a good job at dampening motion, the Studio helps couples sleep together peacefully.
- Supports Spinal Alignment: Thanks to the combination of a cloud-like comfort layer and a supportive, contouring transition layer, the Leesa helps to keep the spine in a neutral alignment.
- Social Impact: Leesa is committed to making a difference, and they show this commitment in numerous ways. They donate one mattress for every 10 mattresses purchased to children in need, use recycled packaging, run on renewable energy, and use high-quality materials.
- Off-Gassing: As with other memory foam mattresses, the Studio by Leesa has the tendency to “off-gas” for the first few days after being removed from the box. The odor isn’t dangerous and will dissipate within three days.
- Cooling: As a memory foam mattress, the Leesa Studio isn’t the best cooling bed. Consider a hybrid or latex mattress like the Helix Midnight instead.
- Bounce: Because the Leesa is a 100% foam mattress, it does not exhibit the same bounciness as do mattresses with innerspring coils. If you like a bouncy mattress, consider one of the Leesa Hybrid mattresses.
If you have back pain in the morning, poor alignment from your mattress could be the culprit. So where does the Studio mattress fare in this area? Pretty darn well. As you can see from the photo below, when we lay on our sides, our spines were almost perfectly straight. Side sleepers can say goodbye to back pain.
Pressure relief was a pretty interesting test. To get an accurate read on how good a mattress is at relieving pressure from key areas, we use a pressure map. Cool colors (such as blue and green) are good and mean low pressure. Warm colors like yellow and red aren’t so good and mean high pressure.
When we lay on our backs, you can see it looks pretty good—almost no pressure in the lower back or upper shoulders.
But the problem came in when we switched to the side. We see high pressure on the hips, shoulders, and even a little bit on the elbows. So, even though side sleepers get great alignment, they don’t get great pressure relief.
If you’re a pretty sound sleeper, motion transfer probably isn’t a big deal to you. But, if you wake up easily from being jostled, you should look for a bed that can keep your partner’s movements at bay.
For this test, we broke it into two parts. The first part had two of our sleep testers on the mattress, one is wearing a sleep mask. The other tosses, turns, and gets in and out of the mattress to see how much motion is transferred.
We only significantly noticed movement when the tester got in and out of bed as opposed to tossing and turning.
We saw a similar result in our wine test. Notice how the wine shakes a bit more as our tester climbs in and out of bed versus the rolling movements.
Firmness and Feel
The Leesa Studio mattress is a medium-firm mattress, coming in at a 6/10 in firmness. You will feel a slight cushion and contouring support when you lie on this mattress.
What Sleeping Position Does It Best Support?
The Leesa Studio is a great choice for the average back sleeper and side sleeper. Back sleepers will get more out of it because it relieves pressure better on your back than on your side. Combination sleepers, too, will enjoy the conforming support and responsive feel. Stomach sleepers may not find the alignment they’re looking for in the Leesa Studio mattress.
If you are heavier or want to compare the Studio to other mattresses for each sleeping position, head over to our guides below.
Are You Going to Sleep Hot?
The Leesa Studio mattress sleeps cool for a memory foam bed. Its breathable twill fabric cover facilitates airflow, keeping the surface of the mattress dry and cool. And with cooling foam technology, the Studio doesn’t trap heat to the same degree as many memory foam mattresses.
However, the Leesa Studio does sleep hotter than most innerspring and hybrid mattresses, so it might not be the best option for those who sleep exceptionally hot. If you do sleep hot, hop over to our best mattress for hot sleepers page to see our top picks. Something like the SleepOvation 700 Tiny Mattresses In One, which has special air chambers between square foams, can give you a better temperature regulation.
Is It Good for Heavy People?
The queen-size and king-size Leesa Studio mattress supports up to 300 pounds of body weight on each side of the mattress. This means that the Leesa Studio can support most sleepers. We recommend that plus-sized sleepers choose a hybrid mattress with springs or a thicker foam mattress.
Best Bed Frames for the Leesa Studio?
The Leesa Studio mattress is designed to be used atop a flat, firm, and sturdy surface. You can use a traditional box spring, but you don’t need to use a box spring with the Studio mattress.
Slatted metal or wood bases are the most popular thanks to the wide range of styles. You can find budget bases or statement pieces with large headboards. Alternatively, adjustable foundations bring added versatility and comfort into the bedroom.
A Deep Dive Inside the Studio
The Leesa Studio mattress is a three-layer memory foam mattress that measures a total of 10” deep.
- Breathable Twill Cover: The Studio cover is incredibly soft and breathable. Its attractive heather-blue with blue stripe pattern might tempt you to leave the sheets off, but it’s best to protect your mattress!
- Comfort Layer: The comfort layer is made from responsive, cooling memory foam that’s soft enough for your body to quickly melt in.
- Transition Layer: The conforming feel of the Studio mattress is thanks to the cushiony and supportive transition layer.
- Base Foam: The final layer of the Studio adds durability and support to this all-foam mattress.
Leesa Studio Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||39” x 75” x 10”||$549|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 10”||$599|
|Full||53” x 75” x 10”||$699|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$799|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$999|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 10”||$999|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best deals for the Leesa Studio mattress or check out Leesa mattress coupons.
Leesa Studio Mattress Unboxing
When you order the new Leesa Studio mattress, it will arrive at your doorstep compressed in a long, thin box. This bed is pretty light, and it took us about 1:23 minutes to unbox.
There was a pretty strong off-gassing smell that last for a few hours after we finished testing. This off-gassing scent should be gone within three days. To expedite this process, don’t put sheets or blankets on your new mattress and don’t sleep on it during this time.
Buying the Studio mattress at Leesa.com is simple. Here’s what to expect when you buy a new bed from Leesa.
|Delivery||Free delivery to all 50 states. Optional White Glove Delivery and mattress removal for an additional cost.|
|Trial Period||100-night trial period|
|Return Policy||Free returns ($100 fee only if you live in Hawaii or Alaska)|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Shipping Behind the Scenes
Leesa offers free shipping everywhere in the United States—including Alaska and Hawaii. Most orders are received 3-6 business days after the order is placed. Your new bed arrives compressed in a tall, thin box. This makes it easier to maneuver the bed through tight doorways, stairwells, and hallways.
Don’t want to lug the mattress all the way to your room? Choose White Glove Delivery at checkout. For $100, a Leesa representative will deliver your mattress, base, and bedroom accessories to your bedroom, unpack them, and set them up.
For another $50, they can remove your old mattress, too.
Sleep Trial Period
You have 100 nights from the day you receive your new mattress to test it out. Leesa asks that you sleep on the mattress for 30 nights before making a final decision. During this period, your body adjusts while the memory foam breaks in.
If you decide to return your mattress during the first 100 days, contact Leesa’s customer service. They will find a local charity to pick up the mattress so that it goes to those in need.
Leesa offers free returns for people who live in the contiguous United States. This removes any financial risk, ensuring that you can rest easy knowing that you only keep the mattress if it’s right for you.
This 100-night sleep trial with free returns is fairly common in the mattress-in-a-box space. Generous trial periods are one reason why so many people have started to shop for their next mattress online.
The Leesa Studio mattress comes with an industry-standard 10-year limited warranty. This warranty covers defects in workmanship or materials. Reach out to Leesa’s customer service team via live chat at Leesa.com or by phone at 1-844-33LEESA to submit a warranty claim.
Customer Service Information
Getting in touch with Leesa’s Customer Care team is easy. You can call, email, or live chat with a representative 7 days a week from 9 A.M. – 9 P.M. Monday through Friday and from 11 A.M. – 6 P.M. Saturday and Sunday. Here’s how to contact Leesa.
- Live Chat: Visit Leesa.com and click the “chat” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Call: Leesa’s toll-free number is 1-844-335-3372.
- Email: You can email Leesa any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every time that we’ve reached out to Leesa’s customer service team, we’ve received a prompt, friendly, and helpful response. Here’s what customers have to say.
- “It is refreshing to find a company that has this good of customer service. They have worked with me every step of the way. The mattress is extremely comfortable and would recommend to people.” -Squid
- “I tried the Leesa and it was a good mattress but did not fit my sleep style. The customer service was amazing thru the return process. Thank you for a good product and a better experience.” -Matthew G.
- “Super comfortable and had an issue where I ordered the wrong frame. Their customer service was amazing and super helpful exchanging. Amazing quality and customer service.” -R. Sage
The Return Policy
Leesa offers free returns in the contiguous United States within 100 days of receiving your new mattress. Once you return your mattress, you’ll receive a full refund to the original source of payment. For customers in Hawaii and Alaska, returns cost $100.
To initiate a return, simply contact Leesa’s customer service team via their email, live chat, or by phone. Leesa does ask that you give your new mattress 30 days. The body needs time to adjust to something new, and memory foam takes time to break in.
What sets Leesa above the rest is its commitment to enriching the community. If you decide to return your mattress, their customer service team will work with a local charity to ensure that it’s delivered to a child in need.
Is the Studio Mattress for You?
The Leesa mattresses are some of the highest-scoring beds on Mattress Advisor. Leesa’s proprietary foam technology does an amazing job of bringing everything people love about memory foam and more. The Leesa Studio mattress is no exception. Its upper comfort layer is both plush and responsive. At the same time, the transition foam layer delivers contouring support, stopping you from sinking too far into the mattress.
What’s more, the Leesa Studio is their most affordable mattress. With a competitive price point, more consumers can afford to get a good night’s sleep on a Leesa mattress. They also offer an affordable hybrid model for those that prefer those over all foam mattresses. Read our Leesa Original Hybrid mattress review to learn more.
But, if you are a stomach sleeper or a heavier sleeper, the Studio mattress is not the bed for you. Instead, we recommend the Loom & Leaf mattress.
Leesa Studio Mattress FAQs
Can I finance my new Leesa Mattress?
Leesa has partnered with Affirm so that you don’t need to use cash or a credit card to buy your new mattress. When you checkout, click on the financing link at the bottom right of the screen. It will tell you the lowest price available through Affirm.
How can I get the best price on the Leesa Studio Mattress?
You can get the best price on the Leesa Studio mattress every day of the year, no promo code needed. All you need to do is click on any of the links provided on this page to receive our exclusive Mattress Advisor discount.
When can I expect to receive my Leesa mattress?
Most customers receive their Leesa mattress 3-6 business days after placing their order.
Can I experience the Leesa mattress before I buy it?
Yes, you can! Leesa is one of the few bed-in-a-box companies whose mattresses are found in brick-and-mortar stores across the United States.
Leesa mattresses are on display at:
- Select Pottery Barn stores
- Select Macy’s stores
- Select West Elm stores
- The Leesa Dream Galleries in New York City and Virginia Beach
- If you live in NYC or Virginia Beach, visit the Leesa Dream Galleries for a unique experience. The Leesa Dream Gallery is an art gallery paired with a mattress showroom. The art sold benefits disabled artists and the homeless.
I LOVE my new Leesa mattress. Do I get anything if I refer a friend?
Yes! Leesa is one of the very few mattress companies that offers a referral program. Through Leesa’s Refer a Friend program, you’ll receive $75 every time a friend purchases a Leesa mattress using your referral code.
Where are Leesa mattresses made?
Every Leesa mattress is made-to-order in the United States. This process helps to ensure that you receive a high-quality mattress without delays in shipping. Plus, it supports the American economy!