Medium firm: 6/10
10-year limited warranty
Foam blend mattress ideal for the average sleeper
- We think Leesa has mastered the perfect mattress for the “average sleeper” – it offers a great balance between soft and firm, has cooling technology and built-in airflow, and won’t leave you sinking into the foam like quicksand.
- The Leesa scored high in our testing, but also has a happy (and well-rested) bunch of customers who rate it a 4.7/5.
Leesa mattress review
See how the Leesa performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you. *Note: a queen size Leesa mattress now costs $995.
Mattress Advisor Score for the Leesa
Here’s how the Leesa mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|Leesa Mattress Review|
|Test / Evaluation||Score|
|Motion Transfer Test||8|
|Edge Support Test||9.5|
|Pressure Relief Test||9|
|Spinal Alignment Test||9|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||10|
What makes Leesa different from other mattresses?
- The Leesa had one of the highest total scores among similar mattresses – driven by its strong edge support, pressure relief, and responsiveness, or how well it adjusts to your body’s movement throughout the night.
- When you buy a Leesa mattress, you can rest easy in more ways than one: for every 10 mattresses sold, a bed is donated to those in need, and for every purchase made, a new tree is planted.
What to watch out for
- Be aware that your Leesa mattress may have a mild scent when you unbox it – this is normal and should go away within a few hours.
Leesa sizes available
- Queen: $995
- King: $1,195
- Cal King: $1,195
- Twin: $525
- Twin XL: $695
- Full: $855
A look inside
Three layers of high-quality foam delivering airflow, contouring pressure relief and core support
- Top layer – air-flow cooling and freedom of movement
- Middle layer – pressure relieving memory foam
- Bottom layer – dense core support, adds durability and structure without feeling too firm on top
You can also take a look at this video from Leesa describing the materials that make up their mattress:
What Leesa customers have to say
- “My only regret is not buying this bed earlier. It’s the perfect blend of supportive but soft. Sleeping on the stomach, side or back are all very comfortable. We love it!” – Erin S.
- “I’m not gifted with the right words to write this review. It’s soft yet firm? Inviting but not overwhelming? Cool yet comforting? All I know is it’s perfect, and I love it.” – Phoebe S.
- “I certainly like the change in sleeping since purchase of the Leesa mattress. I use a fit bit tracker most of the time and that device monitors both resting heartrate and sleep patterns. Since using the leesa mattress, my resting HR now averages ~ 55 BPM vs 62 BPM before. My HR monitor also records sleep disturbances and times awake during the night. Sleep disturbances and “awakes” have also been significantly reduced, all thanks to leesa.” – Robert B.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
- Delivery: Leesa ships free and will arrive at your door in 3-6 business days. (Shipping is also free to Alaska and Hawaii, but there is a $100 fee for returns.)
- Setup: The Leesa mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand. You can also refer to this how-to guide from Leesa.
- Foundation: Leesa recommends a more stable, rigid base that will sufficiently support this foam mattress. You could also try adding a bunkie board instead of a new foundation as a suitable and wallet-friendly option. A bunkie board is basically a 2-3″ board that creates a flat, rigid surface to support your foam mattress and pairs nicely with traditional metal frames, platform beds, and slatted beds.
- Return policy: If you decide to return your Leesa within the 100-night trial period, there are zero return fees and you do not have to worry about fitting your Leesa back in the box. They’ll arrange to have your mattress picked up from your home with no additional effort or cost on your part. Leesa will try to locate a charity in your community to donate the mattress.
- Warranty: The Leesa mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty. You can read more about the warranty policy here.
- Cleaning: You can spot clean your Leesa mattress with warm water and mild detergent.
- Made in the USA.
- Discounted rates on all products for military, first-responders, students and teachers year round.
- Leesa donates one mattress for every 10 sold to non-profit organizations that serve homeless and at-risk individuals; they plant one tree for every purchase made; and donate a portion of their profits for sheets to 42nd Street, an organization that supports mental and emotional well-being in young people. You can read more about their social impact here.
- All the foams in the Leesa mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified.
- If you want to meet Leesa in person before taking her home, you can stop by West Elm or select Pottery Barn stores to check her out.
Other products sold by Leesa
- The Leesa foundation: $295 for queen
- The Leesa pillow: $75 for standard pillow
- The Leesa Hybrid pillow: $125 for queen
- The Leesa bed frame: $125 for queen
- The Leesa blanket: $149
- The Leesa sheet set: $155 for queen; $245 with duvet cover
If you have more questions about the Leesa mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the Leesa mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.