Level Sleep TriSupport Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
A quick overview: The Level Sleep mattress is an all-foam bed designed to relieve body aches and pains. Its zoned comfort layer cushions shoulders and hips while keeping the spine properly aligned. With a generous 365-night trial period and free returns, there’s zero risk to seeing if the Level Sleep is for you.
Who Is the Level Sleep Mattress Best for?
|Level Sleep is best for:||Level Sleep may not be best for:|
The Level Sleep mattress by the brand Resident is one of the best mattresses we’ve tested for back pain thanks to its TriSupport zoned foam. This proprietary technology delivers support and cushion exactly where you need it.
In this review, we’re going to share how the Level Sleep performed during our in-house testing. You’ll learn how it’s made, who it’s best for, and who should avoid buying the Level Sleep mattress.
What we think makes Level Sleep special:
- The patented TriSupport™ technology in the middle layer of this mattress marries lumbar support with soft shoulder and hip zones making this mattress supportive yet comfortable.
- The Level Sleep is on the list for the best mattress for back pain.
- In 2009, the TriSupport™ mattress was tested by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). The results confirmed that 56% of participants fell asleep more quickly on the TriSupport™ mattress as compared to their current bed.
There’s no better way to learn what to expect than to see exactly what happened when we tested the Level Sleep TriSupport mattress. Check out how this mattress performed!
We’ve spent a lot of time figuring out what makes some mattresses better than others. Take a look at how the Level Sleep mattress performed in our tests and evaluations below on a scale from 1-10 (10 being the best). Click to learn more about our review process.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Level Sleep Mattress: 8.5/10⭐
Is Level Sleep a Good Mattress?
- Spine alignment: The Level Sleep mattress was engineered to relieve body aches and pains by encouraging proper body alignment. We scored the Level Sleep mattress a 9.25/10 for spine alignment, meaning it kept our spines in nearly perfect alignment!
- Pressure relief: My fellow side sleepers know how hard it is to find a mattress that allows the hips and shoulders to sink in without excess pressure and pain. Thanks to the TriSupport zoned foam, the Level mattress delivers exceptional pressure relief.
- Motion isolation: The Level Sleep mattress is made from foam that absorbs movements rather than spreading them along the mattress surface. If you share your bed with a partner or a furry companion, Level Sleep’s motion isolating abilities can help you sleep soundly all night long.
- Responsiveness: You won’t feel stuck when you lie down on the Level Sleep mattress. Its responsive foam construction makes it easy to switch positions…whether sleeping or when engaging in adult activities.
- With a 365-night trial period and lifetime warranty, Level Sleep demonstrates their commitment to both customer satisfaction and quality construction. And with free shipping and returns, you won’t regret giving the Level Sleep bed a try.
- The Level Sleep mattress isn’t the coolest mattress we’ve tested. If you’re someone who wakes up hot and sweaty, this bed might not be the best fit.
- When you unbox the Level Sleep, there’s a slight off-gassing odor that dissipates within a day or two. However, we found it to be much less noticeable than that of most all-foam beds.
- Outside of donating returned mattresses to charity, Level Sleep doesn’t do much to make a social impact.
What We Loved—and Didn’t Love—During Testing
Let’s talk a bit about what stood out to us when we tested the Level Sleep mattress at the Mattress Advisor mattress lab.
The first thing we noticed when lying upon the mattress was a feeling of perfect posture while lying down. The back felt supported while the hips and shoulders sank in just enough for optimal alignment. Considering that you spend ⅓ of your life in bed, it’s imperative that you maintain proper body positioning while asleep.
Most of our sleep testers felt that this mattress was most comfortable for side or back sleepers. The zoned foam cushions pressure points and supports the heavier body parts, relieving aches and pains and supporting deep, restful sleep. Only those of us who weighed less than average felt properly supported on our stomachs; the hips sag a bit when you weigh more than 130 pounds.
When we moved around, very little movement reverberated across the mattress surface. Our glass of red wine only jiggled, and our partners felt minimal movement when we switched positions. While impressive motion isolation typically makes me recommend a bed for couples, ultra-cushy edges mean that you might not feel super supported if you sleep along the edges. However, if you buy a big enough mattress—like a king or California king—that shouldn’t be a problem.
Another thing that stood out to me was how easy it was to move around on the Level Sleep mattress. While some all-foam beds seem to suck you up, making it hard to move, the Level Sleep mattress balances cushion with an almost springy support that makes it easy to switch positions. If you love the feel of foam beds but find yourself waking up when you try to move around, the Level Sleep might be just what you’re looking for.
Ready to really dig in to the details and learn everything you need to know about the Level Sleep? Keep reading to find out what’s inside the mattress, which mattress foundations are the best match, and more.
What’s the Firmness Level?
For most beds, we can easily rate them on a 1-10 firmness scale, but the Level Sleep is different. With three firmness zones, the feel ranges from plush to firm. Along the head and shoulders the mattress is soft (3), along the lumbar region the feel is firm (7), and at the hips and legs the feel is medium (5).
How Level Sleep Supports Different Sleeping Positions
Thanks to the zoned-support design and responsive polyfoam construction, the Level Sleep mattress works well for most sleeping positions.
When we tested the mattress, we loved the ultra-soft shoulder foam and think it is a great mattress for side sleeping. The plush give allows the shoulder to melt in without any pinching or excess pressure.
Back sleepers also benefit from the zoned design. Greater support along the back with a softer give at the hips keeps the spine properly aligned. For this reason, we think this is a good bed for back sleepers and recommend the Level Sleep mattress for those who spend a lot of time on their back.
The Level Sleep mattress is a good mattress for lightweight stomach sleepers and can properly support them. However, if you weigh much more than 130 pounds, you might find the medium foam underneath the hips inadequately supportive. When we tested this mattress out, we found that the hips can sink in too low for some stomach sleepers.
Thanks to ultra-responsive foam and a design that suits all sleeping positions, Level Sleep is a top mattress for combination sleepers. You’ll find it easy to switch from one position to the next. And in each position, your body will be properly aligned.
Level Sleep Cooling Factors
If you wake up hot and sweaty during the night, you’re not alone. Many people struggle with temperature regulation while sleeping. Your body actually changes temperature when you sleep. If your mattress holds on to too much residual body heat, the excess heat stops your body from reaching its optimal temperature, and you’ll wake up wet and hot.
When we examined the Level Sleep, we found that it slept relatively cool. With every layer made from polyfoam, the Level Sleep doesn’t hold onto heat the way that memory foam does. However, there really isn’t much cooling technology incorporated in the design. There’s no cooling gel, perforation, or cooling cover technology.
The polyfoam construction means that the Level Sleep is cool for an all-foam mattress. But if you’re someone who struggles with sleeping hot, you might be better served by a cooler mattress. Hybrid beds, cooling memory foam mattresses, and innerspring mattresses are good options. Check out our top picks for the best cooling mattresses.
Body Type Support
How much you weigh influences the type of mattress that’s best for you. Lightweight people find that mattresses feel firmer, while heavier people struggle with excess sagging around the torso and hips. The Level Sleep mattress is best suited for sleepers who weigh less than 230 pounds.
Suitable Foundations and Bed Frames
The Level Sleep mattress is designed to work on top of any raised, flat surface. A traditional frame and box spring, slatted base, adjustable frame, or platform frame will work, so long as the base is in good condition.
Level Sleep Materials
The Level Sleep bed is made up of three polyfoam layers wrapped in an ultra-stretchy mattress cover. Every foam used is CertiPUR-US certified, keeping you and your family safe from VOCs and other harmful chemicals.
- Comfort Layer (1”): The top layer is an ultra-soft polyurethane foam that provides ample cushioning at pressure points.
- Zoned Performance Layer (3”): Level Sleep’s TriSupport transition layer is split into three zones designed for the ultimate in spinal alignment and pressure relief.
- Head and Shoulder Region: Soft, cushiony foam allows the shoulders to comfortably sink in, relieving shoulder pain. It’s this soft foam layer that makes the Level mattress an excellent fit for side sleepers.
- Lumbar Region: Firm foam located along the torso and lower back maintains proper spinal alignment in every sleeping position.
- Hip and Leg Region: Medium firmness foam balances support and give at the hips, relieving hip pain while aligning the hips and spine. The result is optimal body alignment from head-to-toe.
- Base Layer (7”): The final layer is made from high-density polyfoam that’s incredibly durable and responsive.
- Mattress Cover: A 4-way “recoveree” stretch cover fits seamlessly. While you can remove this cover, Level Sleep recommends that you leave it on the mattress to safeguard mattress performance.
Level Sleep Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||39” x 75” x 11”||52 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 11”||54 lbs.||$899|
|Full||54” x 75” x 11”||67 lbs.||$1,099|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||76 lbs.||$1,199|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||93 lbs.||$1,399|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 11”||94 lbs.||$1,399|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Level Sleep mattress.
Is It Easy to Set Up?
The Level Sleep mattress only took a minute and a half to set-up. The mattress was light and easy to handle. There was minimal smell and it puffed to life instantly. Setting this bed up is a breeze!
Now that you know what to expect from the Level Sleep mattress itself, let’s dig in to what the buying process looks like.
|Delivery||Free shipping to the contiguous USA (ships to Hawaii and Alaska for a fee). Arrives at your door in 5-8 business days.|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
The Delivery Process
Level Sleep delivers throughout the United States, with an added fee for delivery to Hawaii or Alaska. You can expect to see your new mattress on your doorstep within 5-8 business days from the date you make your purchase.
You don’t need to be home to sign for your mattress. The delivery person will simply leave the box at your door. Because Level Sleep doesn’t offer White Glove Delivery, it’s your responsibility to carry it to your room and set it up. Fortunately, it’s compressed in a tall, thin box, making it easier to move around than a full-size mattress.
Learn About the Sleep Trial
The Level Sleep sleep trial is one of the most generous around. From the day that your mattress arrives at your doorstep, you have 365 nights to test it out. You can make sure that it’s your dream bed in every season before fully committing.
Keep in mind that it takes around 30 days before your body fully adjusts to the feel of a new mattress. For this reason, we recommend that you stick it out for at least one month before initiating a return. If you decide to return your mattress during the 365-night trial period, Level Sleep offers free returns and full refunds.
Mattress Warranty Break Down
The Level Sleep mattress comes with a generous lifetime warranty. For as long as the original owner of the Level Sleep mattress owns the bed, Level Sleep covers defects in materials and workmanship as outlined in the warranty.
Not only is this warranty much longer than the standard 10-year limited warranty, but it’s also more generous than most. If you submit a claim and it’s approved, Level Sleep covers the cost of shipping in addition to that of fixing or replacing the mattress.
To submit a claim, reach out to Level Sleep’s customer service team at 1-888-618-2622.
How to Contact Customer Service
It’s easy to get in touch with Level Sleep customer service. They’re available via phone, email, or live chat from 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday. Here’s their customer service information.
- Phone: 1-888-618-2622
- Email: email@example.com
- Live chat: Available at levelsleep.com
We’ve found Level Sleep customer service to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. Plus, they were available right away both when we called them and when we used their live chat feature. And it’s not just us—customers have great things to say about their customer service experiences.
- “Great customer service from knowledgeable sales people. Glad we chose Level Sleep.” -Jennifer M.
- “Zach was incredible with his attentive customer service and we couldn’t be happier!” -Lucas P.
- “I honestly hate dealing with customer service personnel over the phone. But your customer service personnel exceeded all of my expectations and I will gladly buy again.” -Omar G.
Decoding the Return Policy
In the rare case that you decide the Level Sleep mattress isn’t right for you, don’t fret. Level Sleep makes returning a mattress simple. Either call or email them using the above contact information to initiate a return. You must contact them within the 365-day trial period.
Level Sleep will then work with you to schedule a time for a local charity to pick up the mattress. Once it’s been picked up, Level Sleep will issue a full refund using the original form of payment. If you financed your new mattress using Affirm, a Level Sleep representative will help you close out the loan.
- “I have been very pleased with this mattress. I have been sleeping on it for a little over a week and have been sleeping great. Back, hip and shoulder pain are no longer waking me up at night.” – Kiree B.
- I’m a chiropractor and I have been looking for an orthopedic mattress for myself, as well as something I can recommend to my patients. I’ve had the TriSupport Mattress now for almost 2 weeks, and I am very happy with it so far! It successfully supports the spine’s curves and is comfortable in all sleeping positions. I have noticed an improvement in my sleep quality too (fall asleep faster & wake up feeling more rested than before), which is an awesome added bonus.” -Caitlin S.
- “I am so grateful for this wonderful product which provides pain relief for my autoimmune and osteoarthritis joint problems. I am now having a restful night’s sleep and can more comfortably get out of bed in the morning. My quality of life has been greatly improved.” -Christina C.
Reasons to Buy/Reasons Not to Buy the Level Sleep Mattress
The Level Sleep mattress is one of the best mattresses for anyone who struggles with body aches. Thanks to its zoned support, this bed encourages proper body alignment while cushioning pressure points. There are countless reviews that share amazing first-person accounts of pain relief from simply switching to the Level Sleep mattress.
Because the Level Sleep mattress is designed with extra cushion at the shoulders and hips, it’s one of the best mattresses for side sleepers. Similarly, this balanced support and cushion works amazingly for most back sleepers. Combination sleepers also do well thanks to ease-of-movement and good support in every sleeping position.
While the Level Sleep has a lot of benefits, it’s not perfect for everyone. The first group of people that might do better with another mattress are sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds. The softer zones at the hips and shoulders can feel insufficiently supportive. Check out our top picks for the best mattresses for heavy people.
Similarly, stomach sleepers need a mattress that’s extra-firm at the hips so that they don’t fall out of line with the spine. Unless you’re a stomach sleeper who weighs less than 130 pounds, you should look for a firmer mattress. Take a look at our picks for the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
Can I try the Level Sleep mattress in stores?
No, the Level Sleep mattress is only available online. But with their generous year-long sleep trial, you can try out the Level Sleep bed in the comfort of your bedroom.
Do I need to use a mattress cover with my Level Sleep mattress?
Level Sleep recommends that you use a separate waterproof mattress cover over their mattress. While the cover on the Level Sleep can be removed and spot cleaned, they recommend that you leave it on. To protect from spills and facilitate easy cleaning, it’s best to use a waterproof cover.
Where is the Level Sleep mattress made?
The Level Sleep bed is made in the USA.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.