Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: December 2023
|✔️ Customer Rating: 4.9/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8/10|
|✔️Type: Gel Memory Foam|
|✔️Firmness: Relaxed Firm; Firm|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️365-Night Sleep Trial|
Get 15% off orders $1,000+
What We Think: The Loom & Leaf mattress by Saatva is a memory foam bed that’s great for side sleepers. Saatva’s free white glove delivery and mattress removal service is unmatched, so with a 365-night trial, you have nothing to lose with Loom & Leaf.
Who Is the Loom & Leaf Mattress Best for?
|Loom & Leaf is best for:||Loom & Leaf may not be best for:|
The Loom & Leaf mattress by Saatva is one of the best organic memory foam mattresses. In this Loom & Leaf review, we’ll take you through what you need to know about the Loom & Leaf mattress, including its Mattress Advisor testing score and product specs. We’ll also give go over the benefits Saatva provides—like free white glove delivery and setup!
Read on to learn more.
The Best Parts:
- While the Loom & Leaf is on the pricier side for online memory foam mattresses, it has been compared to the iComfort and Tempur-Pedic mattresses, which can cost upwards of $4,000-$5,000.
- Loom & Leaf’s organic fabric cover is made with a botanical antimicrobial treatment that helps to provide a clean sleep for years to come.
- This isn’t exclusive to Loom & Leaf, but offering varying levels of firmness does help set it apart from some of the other memory foam mattresses on the market if that’s something you’re interested in. You can choose between Relaxed Firm or Firm.
- Loom & Leaf also comes with free in-house set-up for your new Loom & Leaf mattress and removal for your old mattress.
- It’s a close runner up for the best mattresses for heavy people and the best mattresses for side sleepers.
See how the Loom & Leaf by Saatva scored in our mattress tests to help you see if this could be the bed for you.
Here’s how the Loom & Leaf mattress scored on the Mattress Advisor various tests and different evaluations. The total score for each performance factor is weighted on a scale that incorporates all the characteristics of the Loom & Leaf.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Loom & Leaf Mattress: 8/10⭐
- Spine Alignment: One of the most important things to consider when picking your mattress is whether it maintains the natural curve of your spine. The Loom & Leaf held up pretty nicely in this test, with both of our subjects having nearly perfect spines as they lounged. This is great for your posture and eliminating back pain.
- Responsiveness: Whether you’re a combination sleeper, prone to tossing or turning, or you just want to make sure the mattress will conform to your sleep position, mattress responsiveness is an important factor to us all. The Loom & Leaf’s high-quality foam construction responds well to movement throughout the night into any position you find yourself in.
- Durability: When you buy a mattress, you want it to last. So, you’ll be glad to know that the Loom & Leaf scored very high in our durability test, meaning the mattress is made with good materials that will last for a while. Made with premium, high-density foam and eco-friendly materials, the Loom & Leaf is built to last its entire lifespan of 15 years—you can kiss mattress shopping goodbye for the next decade and a half!
- White Glove Delivery: Saatva offers white glove delivery, set-up, and mattress removal, so you don’t have to lift a finger when your mattress is delivered.
- Firmness Level: Some customers found their Loom & Leaf mattress to be too firm. Luckily, the Loom & Leaf comes in two firmness levels: a relaxed firm version (5-7/10 on the firmness scale) and a firm version (8/10 on the firmness scale). Saatva says the relaxed firm is the best option for couples with different comfort preferences.
- Motion Transfer: The Loom & Leaf mattress did not do very well in motion isolation, so couples who tend to move around at night may be wary of buying this mattress.
- Edge Support: The edges of the Loom & Leaf mattress were not very supportive. This is an issue for people who sleep near the mattress’s edge or those who sit there to get ready in the morning.
Loom & Leaf Mattress Product Details
The Loom & Leaf comes in two firmness options: Relaxed Firm, which comes in at a 6/10 on the firmness scale, and Firm, which is an 8/10. Relaxed Firm is best for the average sleeper, and the Firm mattress works well for back and stomach sleepers.
What Sleeping Position Does the Mattress Support?
Loom & Leaf is a mattress that all sleeping positions can feel comfortable on. Side sleepers have a medium firmness and nearly perfect spinal alignment. Stomach and back sleepers have the option to purchase the firm model for extra support. Combination sleepers can soundly move around because of Loom & Leaf’s excellent responsiveness.
Memory foam mattresses tend to sleep hot and trap body heat; however, Loom & Leaf is made with cooling gel memory foam, so it sleeps cooler than your average foam mattress.
That being said, Loom & Leaf won’t sleep as cool as an innerspring mattress or a mattress made with latex foam, which is naturally cool.
How Much Weight Does It Support?
The Loom & Leaf can support up to 300 lbs per side of a queen-size mattress or 600 lbs total, which supports most body types.
What Foundations of Bed Frames Can be Used?
Saatva offers foundations for purchase designed to work best with the Loom & Leaf mattress, but you can also use other foundations with the Loom & Leaf mattress (including adjustable bases) as long as the foundation is sturdy and in very good condition. You don’t have to worry about voiding the mattress warranty by using your own foundation—it’s still in place when you use your own instead of Saatva’s.
What Does The Loom & Leaf Mattress Feel Like?
As we’ve mentioned, the Loom & Leaf is available in two different levels of firmness: the Relaxed Firm model and the Firm model. Relaxed Firm is the most popular choice among customers. Here’s how the Loom & Leaf is constructed:
- Quilted Organic Cotton Cover: A mattress cover that is breathable, soft, and antimicrobial.
- Gel Cooling Layer: A gel panel of memory foam that offers zoned support to keep the spine aligned.
- Premium Memory Foam Layer: A comfort layer of CertiPUR-US certified contouring memory foam that relieves pressure points.
- Multi-layer Support: High-density polyfoam combined with transitional layers make for a sturdy system of support layers.
Loom & Leaf Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 12”||61 lbs||$1,295|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||70 lbs||$1,595|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||79 lbs||$2,295|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||93 lbs||$2,395|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||116 lbs||$2,945|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 12”||116 lbs||$3,190|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 12”||116 lbs||$2,945|
|Split Cal King||72″ x 84″ x 12″||116 lbs||$3,190|
*Prices listed are standard without sales or Mattress Advisor exclusive discounts. Check price using the button below for the best Loom & Leaf deals.
Free in-home setup provided
$99 fee for returns
Available through Affirm
Shipping and Delivery
Loom & Leaf mattresses are made to order in the USA, so delivery can take up to 21 days, but it comes with free white-glove delivery and set-up. Loom & Leaf will also remove your old mattress at no cost if you have one to get rid of. Offering this service for free is virtually unheard of in the online mattress industry.
From the day that your Loom & Leaf mattress is delivered, you will have 365 nights to sleep on it in the comfort of your own home to decide if you’d like to keep the mattress. If you decide to return it, you’ll simply contact Saatva’s customer support team and they will walk you through the return process.
The Loom & Leaf mattress comes with a lifetime warranty, and it covers any manufacturer defects and body impressions deeper than three-quarters of an inch. You must file any claims in writing.
Read More: Saatva Mattress Warranty
Asking a quick question about your mattress or the purchase process is as easy as using the 24/7 chat feature on Saatva’s website. For more in-depth inquiries, call (877) 672-2882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To return your Loom & Leaf mattress, contact customer service and a representative will arrange for your mattress to be picked up from your home. If returned within the trial period, you will receive a full and prompt refund of the purchase price, minus a $99 return fee.
Can I finance my Loom & Leaf mattress?
You sure can! Saatva has partnered with Affirm to make it easy to pay for your Loom & Leaf mattress over time. Select Affirm as your payment option at checkout, answer a few simple questions, and get an instant decision. Affirm offers easy monthly payments over 6, 12, 0r 18 months.
Is there a break-in period for the Loom & Leaf?
Yes, there is. It can take around 30 nights to completely break in your Loom & Leaf mattress. During this 30-day-period, your body will adjust to the feel of the mattress, and the bed will fully take shape. This is why Saatva gives you plenty of time to test out your mattress before fully committing.
Is the Loom & Leaf mattress eco-friendly?
All the foams in the Loom & Leaf mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified. Additionally, they use natural thistle as a flame retardant, and the mattress is wrapped in an organic cotton cover. Since the cover is made with organic materials, it may come with natural markings. They are a result of the organic cleansing process and do not impact the quality of the material.
Will I need to flip the Loom & Leaf mattress?
The Loom & Leaf is meant to be used on one side only, so you shouldn’t flip it. Saatva does make a mattress called the Zenhaven that can be used on both sides, offering different levels of firmness on each.
Can I clean my Loom & Leaf mattress?
You can spot clean your Loom & Leaf mattress with water and mild detergent.