Hybrid: memory foam + coils
10-year limited warranty
Hybrid mattress with optimal body support and edge support
LUFT Hybrid highlights
- The LUFT Hybrid is a 5-layer memory foam and innerspring mattress designed to provide optimal body support and edge support.
- Each mattress is hand-crafted and made to order.
- Compared to other hybrid mattresses, LUFT comes in at a lower price point.
LUFT Hybrid mattress review
See how the LUFT Hybrid performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Mattress Advisor score for the LUFT Hybrid
Here’s how the LUFT Hybrid mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|LUFT Hybrid Mattress Review|
|Motion Transfer Test||7.75|
|Edge Support Test||8|
|Pressure Relief Test||7.25|
|Spinal Alignment Test||9.5|
|Customer Service Score||8|
|Social Impact Score||4|
What to watch out for
- Mostly due to its foam layers, the LUFT may have a slight odor when you first unbox it, but it should go away within a few hours.
LUFT Hybrid sizes available
- Twin: $625
- Twin XL: $650
- Full: $750
- Queen: $850
- King: $1000
- Cal King: $1050
A look inside
The LUFT Hybrid mattress is made up of five layers, described below from top to bottom:
- Top layer: 2 inches of gel-infused cooling foam quilted to 1 inch of high loft fiber; promotes breathability and provides a plush top layer
- Graphite open-cell memory foam: 1 inch of cooling graphite infused memory foam; helps evenly distribute body weight and offer pressure relief
- Polyurethane foam: 2-inch high-density polyurethane foam; provides support
- Innerspring layer: Individually wrapped coils with enhanced edge support; provides responsiveness and motion isolation
- Foam base layer: 1-inch high-density polyurethane support foam; provides structural support and durability
What LUFT Hybrid customers have to say
- “I’ve had my Luft Hybrid now for 100 days and I’m still very impressed by the quality of this bed. Customer service with Luft is top notch! The bed is excellent! I will say that it is a little firm, probably in the 7 area (10 being firmest). Its a great bed and you can’t beat the price!” – Aaron C.
- “It has been a little over forty days with our King hybrid and so far this has proven to be a comfortable and cool feeling bed. The bed has great support for all sleeping positions and we have not experienced any bed created soreness in the mornings. We had tried a competitors foam mattress that claimed to be a medium but was too much on the firm side and caused a sore back. That one was returned. This bed is truly a medium firmness. My wife has serious issues with her hip and this bed has allowed her to get a restful night sleep. This bed is a great value given the very reasonable price and the high quality construction and delivered performance. I will also add that their customer service is quick to respond to emails and provided the information I needed to make an informed buying decision.” – Dennis L.
- “We have been sleeping on the hybrid mattress for a month now and it has been a very good experience. The ordering process was a snap and everything followed through as expected. The mattress easily rates as a medium which is what we like. No numb body parts from too firm of pressure from the mattress. The hybrid mattress is very well constructed and pleasing to the eye. Don’t hesitate with this company, they answer their phones, answer any question, and are true to their word.” – Michael E.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The LUFT ships free and should arrive at your doorstep within 2-6 business days.
The LUFT mattress comes compressed and rolled up on a box. You will simply unroll the mattress on your foundation, remove the vacuum-sealed packaging and watch it spring to life.
The LUFT mattress can be used on traditional mattress foundations, box springs, platform bed frames and adjustable bases. If using a slatted frame, you’ll want to make sure it provides adequate support and slats are no more than 4 inches apart. Foundations should have little give or flexibility for the best sleeping experience.
If you’re not happy with your LUFT mattress, you can return it for a full refund as long as you return it before the 100-night trial period. LUFT will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress and donate it to a local charity. Note: this only applies to mattresses purchased directly from LUFT.
All LUFT mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty.
- Made in the USA.
- The foams used to make the LUFT mattress are CertiPUR-US Certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
Other products sold by LUFT
- LUFT also makes a 3-layer memory foam mattress ($700 for a queen).
If you have more questions about the LUFT Hybrid mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer Rating is derived from customer reviews on LUFTbeds.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.