Three firmness levels: soft, medium and firm
10-year limited warranty
Muse Sleep highlights
- The Muse mattress is woven with Cold Wire Plus temperature control yarns that are quick to wick away body heat and keep you cool all night long.
- This memory foam mattress is offered at three firmness levels.
Mattress Advisor score for the Muse Sleep
Below you can see how the Muse mattress performed in our testing. Our score breakdown shows the value we rated the Muse for each test on a scale of 1 to 10.
|Muse Sleep Mattress Review|
|Motion Transfer Test||8.4|
|Edge Support Test||7|
|Pressure Relief Test||7.75|
|Spinal Alignment Test||9|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||4|
Set up test
The Muse mattress took us just at a minute and a half to set-up. Muse was a little heavy on the packaging, but the mattress had minimal smell and quickly expanded to its full shape.
So for our setup test, Muse Sleep gets a 9 out of 10.
Motion Transfer Test
Part A - The Humans
The Muse kept motion transfer pretty minimal, which is good for couples who don’t want to be disturbed by their sleeping partner during the night. RJ and Asha gave it a collective score of 8.25.
Part B - The Wine
The wine wobbled a little bit, but not too badly! So we gave it an 8.5
So for a total motion transfer score, we gave Muse Sleep a 8.4 out of 10.
Edge Support Test
Part A - The Shoe Test
The Muse scored a 6.75 for the edge shoe test. RJ and Asha noted the edge felt a little slippery to sit on. Note that this may go away with the use of sheets.
Part B - The Side Test
Once again, RJ and Asha found it a little difficult to lay on the edge. So for the edge support side, the Muse scored a 7.25.
So Muse Sleep gets a 7 out of 10 for edge support.
Pressure Relief Test
We saw mainly blue and green on RJ! So we gave him an 8.5.
We saw a little bit of red in Asha’s shoulders, so we gave her a 7.
So for a total pressure relief score, Muse Sleep gets a 7.75 out of 10.
Spine Alignment Test
Both RJ and Asha’s spines were really straight with only a slight curve towards the base of the neck.
For spine alignment, Muse Sleep gets a 9 out of 10.
RJ and Asha both felt the Muse did a pretty good job of responding to their adjustments.
So Muse Sleep gets a 8 out of 10 for responsiveness.
The total Mattress Advisor score for the Muse Sleep mattress:
The Muse Mattress will work on any firm, flat surface. This includes a box foundation, platform base, slats, adjustable frames or even the floor.
What to watch out for
- Note that there may be a slight odor after you unbox your Muse. This should go away within a few days.
- It may take up to 12 hours for your mattress to take its full shape.
Muse Sleep sizes available
- Twin: $650
- Twin XL: $650
- Full: $850
- Queen: $950
- King: $1100
- Cal King: $1100
A look inside
- Cooling cover: The outer cover of the Muse mattress is made of temperature regulating foam infused with cooling gel and can be washed.
- 2’’ temp-regulating gel foam: 2″ of 4 lb. density dual-wave gel swirl memory foam.
- 2’’ responsive comfort layer: A layer of memory foam, offered at three firmness levels, that contours to your body as you sleep. Offers pressure-relieving support and comfort.
- 8’’ supportive base layer: High-density support flex foam that adds durability and stability.
What Muse Sleep customers have to say
- “Chronic back fatigue has always plagued me and this mattress is finally giving me some relief! I’m a big guy and work on my feet all day long and even with the right footwear, my back is still aching by the time I come home at the end of the day. Sleeping on the firm mattress has helped me recover better at night by providing support for my lower back” -Iriving
- “Overall, love this bed. The cooling fabric does make a noticeable difference and it was a bonus that I got to choose the firmness. I chose the soft and it’s just right.” -Rachel
- “Wife loves it. I really like it as well. Still in the trial period as we have been using it for about a week and it is completely different than our really old mattress. No smell upon opening the mattress and cool to the touch as advertised.” -Jim
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
You can expect the Muse Mattress to show up at your door within 5-7 business days.
Once you receive your Muse mattress, to set it up just take it out of the box, open the packaging, unroll it, and it will expand to its full size.
You can place the Muse mattress on any firm foundation, including a box spring, slatted foundation, platform base, adjustable frames, or the floor.
The Muse mattress comes with a 120-night trial period, meaning if you decide the mattress isn’t for you during this time, you can contact customer support to start the return process and receive a full refund. Muse will send a representative to your home to pick it up and donate it.
The Muse Mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty
To clean the Muse mattress simply remove the cover and wash in cold water on the gentle cycle. To dry, either air dry or tumble dry on the lowest heat setting. Excessive heat can damage the fibers of the fabric and reduce the cooling effect.
- Made in the USA
- The foams used to make the Muse mattress are CertiPUR-US Certified.
Other products sold by Muse Sleep
If you have more questions about the Muse mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.