MyPillow Mattress Review
MyPillow Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: January 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.2/10|
|✔️Type: Memory foam|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️60-Day Sleep Trial|
|✔️10-Year Limited Warranty|
In short: The MyPillow mattress is a medium-firm memory foam mattress that offers excellent support and above average pressure relief and responsiveness. It works well for all sleeping positions, but isn’t the coolest or most motion isolating option on the market. See for yourself during the 60 day trial period.
Who Is It Good For?
|MyPillow is best for:||MyPillow may not be best for:|
MyPillow is a bedding company originally known for their shredded foam pillow. In response to the success of the original pillow, the company launched a whole suite of products, including a bobblehead of the founder Mike Lindell, and more importantly, an all-foam mattress that we reviewed in our sleep lab. Here’s what we think about the MyPillow mattress.
What we love about the MyPillow Mattress:
- The MyPillow Mattress is a 3-layer memory foam mattress designed to provide optimal pressure relief and support.
- The MyPillow mattress is made in the United States, and headquartered in Minnesota.
- The foams are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
- The top layer of the mattress is extra breathable.
Want to see our review process for yourself? Watch our video review!
Here’s how the My Pillow mattress scored on our in-depth tests and evaluations. Check out our review process for more information.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the MyPillow Mattress: 8.2/10⭐
- Responsiveness is how quickly a mattress responds to your changes in position. We gave the MyPillow a high score in this category.
- Spine alignment is important whether waking or sleeping, and MyPillow received a perfect score.
- Edge support maximizes the mattress surface, and the MyPillow earned a high score.
- Pressure Relief is arguably one of the most important factors for mattress shoppers, and the MyPillow delivers. We gave it an above average score of 8/10 for pressure relief.
- There may be a slight odor after you unbox your MyPillow Mattress. This should go away within a few hours.
- Some customers have noted that the mattress can trap heat, so this is something to be aware of if you tend to sleep hot. If you’re a hot sleeper, we recommend checking out our top picks for the best cooling mattresses.
To measure spine alignment, we take a photo of our testers while they’re lying on their sides on the mattress. They both had a perfectly straight line from tailbone to neck, so we gave the MyPillow a perfect score 10/10 for spine alignment!
We performed two motion transfer tests on the MyPillow mattress in our sleep lab. First, we rested a glass of red wine on top of the mattress and asked a tester to roll around on the bed. The wine was pretty turbulent, though the glass didn’t tip over.
Next, we asked two testers to lie on the bed and rate how much movement they felt from each other. The mattress shook when the testers rolled around, so we gave the MyPillow a score of 6.75/10 for motion transfer.
Both of our testers felt secure while lying in various positions on the edge of the MyPillow mattress. They could also comfortably tie their shoes while sitting on the side of the mattress, so we gave the MyPillow an 8.5/10 for edge support.
The MyPillow mattress is medium-firm, or about 6.5/10 on the firmness scale. We call this the universal firmness level, since it works for so many different kinds of sleepers.
Sleeping Position Support
Medium-firm mattresses are very versatile since they have a blend of cushion and support. The MyPillow mattress provides good pressure relief and spine alignment for side sleepers. It’s also firm enough for stomach sleepers and back sleepers.
The top layer of the MyPillow mattress is breathable and moisture-wicking. These features provide a measure of temperature-regulation, but they’re probably not going to keep extra hot sleepers as cool as they’d like.
What Body Types Does it Support?
Generally, all-foam mattresses are best for those with light to average body weights. Those over 200lbs may sink too far into the foam and not get the right level of support.
Check out our top picks for the best mattresses for heavy sleepers.
The MyPillow mattress works best on a firm, flat surface, including platform beds, slatted beds, and solid bed frames. It’s not meant to be used on an adjustable base.
The MyPillow Mattress is made with four layers of foam. Here’s what you’ll find inside.
- QDS Mattress Cover: A quilted fabric cover that is soft, stain resistant, and easy to clean.
- Top Layer: A contouring layer of high airflow comfort foam. MyPillow says it has 4.5x more airflow and 3X more moisture-wicking properties than traditional foam.
- Transition Layer: An extra soft layer high density foam.
- Second Transition Layer: An additional layer of firmer transitional foam.
- Base Layer: A foundation of the same support foam used in all MyPillow products.
MyPillow Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38″ x 75″x 10″||37 lbs||$725.99|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″ x 10″||39 lbs||$839.99|
|Full||53″ X 75″ x 10″||49 lbs||$1000.99|
|Queen||60″ X 80″ x 10″||58 lbs||$1129.99|
|King||76″ X 80″ x 10″||78 lbs||$1299.99|
|Cal King||72″ X 84″ x 10″||78 lbs||$1399.99|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the MyPillow mattress.
Unpacking the Mattress
The MyPillow Mattress comes compressed and rolled up in a box. You simply unroll it, remove the plastic packaging, and let it puff up. It took us only 1 1/2 minutes to set up, but it took 30 minutes to fully inflate. We noticed a slight off-gassing odor, but it was gone by the end of the day.
Here’s everything you need to know before buying your MyPillow mattress.
|Delivery||Free shipping via FedEx|
|Trial Period||60 days|
|Warranty||10 year warranty|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Affirm financing available for orders over $50|
How Shipping Works
The MyPillow mattress ships free to the contiguous U.S., and should arrive within 3-7 business days. There’s no need to sign for your package, but it is delivered to your doorstep, so you’ll want to keep an eye out for it.
60-Day Sleep Trial
The MyPillow trial period is 60 days, which is relatively short (most mattress companies offer at least 100 days), but still plenty of time to get the feel for your new mattress. Pay special attention to the mattress’s pressure point relief, temperature regulation, and motion isolation.
The MyPillow Mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty that covers any workmanship or material defects. They don’t specify what exactly is covered, so warranty claims are likely decided on a case-by-case basis. If your claim is approved, you’ll receive a new mattress to replace the defective one.
If you ordered your mattress directly through MyPillow, your warranty will automatically be registered. Make sure to register your product on the MyPillow website if you bought it from Amazon or another authorized retailer.
The Customer Service Team
The MyPillow customer service team is prompt and courteous, in our experience. They are available 24/7 over webchat, email (email@example.com), and phone (800–308–1299).
Returning Your Mattress
If you don’t absolutely love your MyPillow Mattress, you can return it for a full refund (minus shipping costs) within the 60 day trial period. You’ll see your refund within 30 days of your mattress being either donated or returned to MyPillow for recycling.
Is It the Right Choice?
The MyPillow mattress is appealing because its universal firmness suits most sleeping positions. It’s likely to be a crowd pleaser for the short term or guest bedrooms, but if you want a really durable all-foam mattress, go with the Leesa (or the top-rated Leesa Hybrid). Overall, the MyPillow mattress doesn’t really stand out from its competitors, but it’s a comfortable, convenient option for bed-in-a-box shoppers.
See How It Stacks Up
MyPillow is pretty on-par with other memory foam mattress competitors, though it’s not as motion isolating or durable. For example, the Leesa mattress and Casper mattress are both significantly more durable and motion isolating than the MyPillow.
MyPillow is best known for its…you guessed it…pillows, but it also sells other products:
- The MyPillow Mattress Topper: One of the best mattress toppers for hot sleepers. Includes phase change material, corner straps, and a washable cover. $424.99/queen
- Giza Cotton Sheets (includes pillowcases): Ultra soft long staple cotton. $159.98/queen or RV queen
- Pet Bed: Available in small, medium, and large. $79.98/medium
See more here.
Q. Can I try out the MyPillow mattress in a showroom?
A. Yep. MyPillow has over 500 showrooms and store locations across the United States. You can find the location closest to you on the MyPillow website.
Q. How do I clean the MyPillow mattress?
A. MyPillow doesn’t have any specific cleaning instructions, but you’ll want to use a waterproof mattress protector since the cover isn’t removable or washable.
Q. Does MyPillow offer white glove delivery or old mattress removal?
A. Not at this time.