Nectar Lush Mattress Review
Nectar Lush Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: January 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.8/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.9/10|
|✔️Type: Gel Memory Foam|
|✔️Firmness: Medium Firm|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️365-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️Limited Lifetime Warranty|
33% off Sitewide
Overview: The Nectar Lush mattress is great for people of all sleep positions looking to get better, deeper sleep. This memory foam mattress is cool to the touch and is more durable than the typical foam mattress. You even get a 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with purchase.
Note: The Nectar Lush has been discontinued and has been replaced by the Nectar Premier and the Nectar Premier Copper. You can also check out Nectar’s original memory foam bed in our Nectar mattress review.
Who Is the Nectar Lush Mattress Best for?
|Nectar Lush is best for:||Nectar Lush may not be best for:|
Nectar Lush Mattress Review Highlights
Nectar seeks to “redefine deep sleep” with its memory foam mattress Nectar Lush. We’ll give you the low-down on everything you want to know about the Nectar Lush mattress, including some highlights, how it scored in our mattress lab tests (containing scores on things like edge support, motion isolation, and cooling), products specs, and even some answers to FAQs.
Read on to learn more about this Nectar mattress.
The Best Parts:
- Wrapped in a cover with dual-action cooling and layered with a gel memory foam top layer, this bed is a master at temperature regulation.
- The Nectar Lush mattress features higher density memory foam than most other mattresses, leading to better pressure relief as you sleep.
- Nectar offers a 365-night trial period—that’s an entire year to decide if you want to keep your Nectar Lush.
Scoring the Nectar Lush
Here’s how the Nectar Lush performed when we put it to the test in the Mattress Advisor sleep lab. Learn more about our review process.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Overall Score for the Nectar Lush Mattress: 8.9/10⭐
Nectar Lush Performance Highlights
- Cooling: People who tend to wake up hot and sweaty at night will enjoy the Nectar Lush’s phase change material cover and gel memory foam layer to keep cool.
- Pressure Relief: People with back, hip, or shoulder pain should look for a mattress with pressure point relief. The Nectar Lush contours to your body in just the right way to ease that pressure causing pain.
- Durability: The Nectar Lush mattress uses extra dense support foam layers to make sure your mattress lasts; they even offer a forever warranty to back up their claim.
- Responsiveness: Though a 7.5 is not a bad score, people who tend to move around a lot in their sleep may find the Nectar Lush a bit restrictive. Once it does adapt to your new position, though, it is very easy to get comfortable.
- Off-Gassing: Be aware that your Nectar Lush mattress may have a slight scent as you unbox it. This is normal with bed-in-a-box mattresses and should fade throughout the day.
- Materials Sourced Outside the United States: Nectar mattresses are not fully made here in the U.S. The mattress materials and products are sourced from around the world. The materials are then constructed into mattresses overseas and sent to Kent, Washington. In Kent, they are packaged and shipped to your front door.
Edge support is one of those things you don’t know you need until you don’t have it. This is especially true if you’re the type to sit on the edge of the bed to get ready or if you sleep there comfortably.
Memory foam mattresses, like the Nectar Lush, aren’t exactly known for having the best edge support. Usually, a mattress with reinforced innersprings or pocketed coils offers more resistance against your weight on the edge of the bed. That said, the Nectar Lush scored a rather impressive 8.5 on this test, meaning you can sit on the edge of the bed without fear of sliding off.
Feeling every movement as your sleep partner tosses and turns? No more with the Nectar Lush. The support and base layers deliver on the ultimate comfort promise. The support layer is made from dense transitional foam, giving bounce reminiscent of latex or a pocket coil system, but not too much where there is motion transfer. The base layer adds another row of dense memory foam that works to support and stabilize the layers above while also absorbing motion so that it does not reverberate through the bed’s surface.
Nectar Lush is pretty cool for a foam bed. The cooling starts with the outer cover. The polyethylene material draws heat away from your body, creating a “cool-to-the-touch” feel for the cover.
Directly under it lies 3″ of surface-infused phase change gel atop the memory foam. The cover alternates using nylon and polyethylene yarns, enhancing the benefits of the phase change materials. The PCM layer regulates body temperature by drawing heat away from the body when you’re hot and giving that heat back when you’re cold. That’s all just a fancy way to say you give the bed your body heat, and the bed gives you cooling materials back.
How Firm is the Nectar Lush?
The Nectar Lush is a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, making it a medium-firm mattress. This firmness is a great fit for most sleep positions, especially among average-weight people (people over 230 lbs generally need more firmness).
Related: Best Medium-Firm Mattresses
Does Nectar Lush Match Your Sleeping Position?
The Lush mattress fits almost every sleeping position:
- The comfort layer as a whole eases pressure point areas by cradling and contouring to your body, something side sleepers particularly need.
- The medium-firm feel should accommodate back sleepers and some average-weight stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers may want to look for a mattress with a higher responsiveness score.
Does It Sleep Cool?
Made with gel memory foam and a cool-to-the-touch phase change mattress cover, the Nectar Lush sleep cooler than most memory foam mattresses that tend to trap body heat. However, innerspring beds and latex mattresses will naturally be cooler. For a more cooling mattress, check out our best mattresses for hot sleepers page.
How Much Weight Does it Support?
The Nectar Lush is designed to support about 750 lbs total, or 375 lbs on each side for two people sharing a queen size or larger.
Best Bed Frames for the Nectar Lush
The Nectar Lush mattress is compatible with all bed frames including box springs, slatted foundations, and adjustable bases. As long as the mattress is paired with a good, sturdy foundation, you shouldn’t have to worry about voiding the warranty.
The Nectar Lush mattress is made with premium foam layers and a removable outer cooling cover. All foams used in the Nectar Lush are CertiPUR-US certified.
- Cooling Cover: The breathable premium fibers in this mattress cover makes Nectar Lush cool-to-the-touch.
- Comfort Layer (3”): This memory foam comfort layer is infused with Phase Change Material Gel that serves to regulate your temperature as you sleep. The PCM is also known to draw away excess heat from the body for hot sleepers and release any retained heat back to the body for cold sleepers.
- Energex Foam Support Layer (2”): The viscoelastic foam makes this transition layer responsive, comfortable, and supportive by providing resistance.
- Base Layer (7”): A thick layer of extra dense polyfoam, the base of the Nectar Lush mattress provides superior support for the previous two layers.
Nectar Lush Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
Below are the sizes, dimensions, and prices for the Nectar Lush.
|Twin||39″ x 75″ x 12″||58 lbs||$1,398|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 12″||62 lbs||$1,448|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12″||81 lbs||$1,748|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12″||97 lbs||$1,898|
|King||76” x 80” x 12″||123 lbs||$2,198|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 12″||121 lbs||$2,198|
*Prices listed do not include exclusive Mattress Advisor discounts.
Nectar Lush Unboxing
The Nectar Lush took just under three minutes to unbox and set up, and there was an average amount of off-gassing odor. Nectar offers white glove delivery for an extra fee if you want the delivery person to handle the set-up.
Nectar Company Policies
|Delivery||Ships free and arrives within 2-5 business days|
|Trial Period||365 nights|
|Warranty||Lifetime warranty for as long as you own the mattress|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Learn more about Nectar’s parent company Resident and their policies.
Mattress Delivery Process
The Nectar Lush ships free through FedEx in 2-5 business days. The mattress will arrive rolled into a box and placed at your door. If you’d like to opt in for white glove delivery and mattress removal, there is a $149 fee.
How Long Is the Trial Period?
Nectar provides one of the most generous trial periods in the industry. You get 365 nights to sleep on a Nectar mattress to decide if you would like to keep it. During this time period, you can make an easy, free return at no inconvenience to you.
With the purchase of a Nectar Lush mattress, you automatically get a lifetime warranty. This means that if your Nectar Lush breaks down from normal use, they will replace your mattress at no charge to you. This includes any compressions and indentations more than 1.5″.
Related: Nectar Mattress Warranty
Nectar Customer Service Information
Nectar is available 7 days a week between 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. To get in touch with Nectar’s customer service team, you can take one of three avenues:
- Live chat on their website
- Call (888) 863-2827
- Email email@example.com
What Is the Return Policy?
If you decide the Nectar Lush mattress isn’t right for you and decide to make a return, contact their customer care team by calling them at (888) 863-2827. They will help you figure out the best course of action when it comes to donating your mattress or disposing of it. Returns are always free.
Related: Nectar Return Policy
Should You Buy the Nectar Lush?
We think the Nectar Lush is the mattress for you if you’ve been struggling to get a deeper night of sleep. It works great for all sleeping positions, people who wake up with aches and pains, plus people who want a memory foam mattress without the overheating effects. On top of all of that, you have a whole year to try out the mattress.
If you prefer that classic, traditional feel of a mattress with springs, we hear you; check out the Brooklyn Bowery Hybrid mattress instead. It offers great motion isolation, alignment, and edge support, plus it has springs.
See How the Nectar Lush Compares
Nectar Lush vs Other Memory Foam Mattresses
One of the most common complaints with traditional memory foam mattresses is that they trap heat, making it difficult to stay cool throughout the night. The Nectar Lush doesn’t have this problem, as it contains gel memory foam that helps keep the mattress from absorbing heat and a noticeably cool-to-the-touch cover.
Nectar Lush vs Original Nectar Memory Foam
Like the Lush, the original Nectar mattress also has a gel memory foam build, but we found the Lush to perform better in almost every way. In fact, the only tests in which the original outperformed the Lush were edge support, responsiveness, and durability. The original, however, is far more affordable than the Lush, coming in at just $999 for a queen. Check out our full Nectar mattress review for more details.
Nectar Premier Copper Mattress
Nectar’s tallest mattress, the Nectar Premier Copper Mattress comes with three premium layers of foam at a 14″ depth. This mattress, another replacement for the Nectar Lush, also ensures you stay cool by using heat-conductive copper fibers and the latest in sleep technology.
Does Nectar offer white glove delivery?
Yes! Nectar offers white glove delivery for your Nectar Lush mattress for a fee of $149. This fee covers Nectar representatives delivering your mattress, setting it up, disposing of any debris or trash created in the process, and removing your old mattress. Be aware that there are additional fees in the states of California, Rhode Island, and Connecticut due to recycling laws.
Can I finance my Nectar Lush mattress?
Financing your Nectar Lush mattress is available through Affirm. Simply select affirm at checkout and fill out the application. After approval, select from the three plans offered. Use your account through Affirm or the Affirm app to make payments.
Can I sleep on my Nectar Lush mattress without a cover?
Unfortunately, no. Nectar does not recommend sleeping on the Nectar Lush without a cover. Doing so can result in your warranty being voided.