Gel memory foam
Medium firm: 5.5-6/10
Lifetime warranty as long as you own the mattress
Affordable quality mattress with excellent trial period
- The Nectar mattress has a pretty happy (and well-rested) fan base – they have overwhelmingly positive reviews and fewer than 3% of customers end up returning their Nectar mattress.
- Its proprietary cover is specifically designed to keep out dust mites – which is good because this mattress should last you a while.
- Nectar is so confident that they make the best mattress for the price that they offer a lifetime warranty and trial period that lasts an entire year.
Nectar mattress review
Take a look at our Nectar mattress review and see how it performed in our testing to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
**Note: At the time of our testing, we spoke with customers who were experiencing a 2-4 week waiting period for their mattress to be delivered. We have since confirmed that Nectar switched their supplier and is now shipping mattresses the same day that orders are placed.
Mattress Advisor score for the Nectar
Here’s how the Nectar mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the Nectar mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.1 / 10
The Nectar mattress is compatible with most mattress foundations. Just make sure your foundation is in good, sturdy condition.
What makes Nectar different from other mattresses?
The first couple of things that set Nectar apart from other mattresses are the trial period and warranty. Nectar certainly beats out competition by offering a full calendar year to try out their mattress and a warranty that lasts as long as you own the mattress. And as we mentioned in the highlights, only 3% of customers end up returning the mattress within that trial period. Typically, we see trial periods around 100 days and warranties that last for 10 years or so.
When evaluating the mattress itself, Nectar scored well on things like motion isolation, pressure relief, and responsiveness. These are all really important factors to consider when choosing your mattress – particularly if you share the bed with someone or tend to change positions throughout the night.
What to watch out for
- Be aware that your Nectar mattress may have a mild scent when you unbox it – this is normal and should go away within a few hours.
- Nectar is one of the few mattresses in its category that is not fully made in the US: its products are sourced from all over the world and are compiled and made overseas. They are then sent to the Nectar warehouse in Kent, Washington where they are prepared for shipping.
Nectar sizes available
- Twin: $550
- Twin XL: $600
- Full: $720
- Queen: $850
- King: $950
- Cal King: $950
A look inside
The Nectar has four layers of premium that promote air circulation and offer support and appropriate weight distribution, plus a cooling cover.
- Cooling cover: promotes air circulation and is bed bug resistant
- Quilted gel memory foam: provide air flow and contours your body
- Gel memory foam: delivers weight distribution and pressure relief
- Adaptive hi-core memory foam: supports the body
- Breathing base layer: serves as a stable foundation
What Nectar customers have to say
Nectar mattress reviews on sleep quality
- “I’ve owned the Nectar Mattress for about 8 months now and it’s the best purchase I’ve made for my back‚ The last few mattresses I’ve used sleep well for about 5.5-6hrs and then the backache would kick in and I knew it was time to get up. With Nectar, I simply don’t want to get up !! I sleep the whole night. I’ve actually changed my sleeping habits, go to bed earlier to get more rest and wake up rejuvenated. To some this all may sound cliche and I think it does to me also, but I honestly have to say that this mattress has made a difference in the way I sleep and wake each morning. Best of all, they have a 365 day guarantee, if you don’t like it, return it.” – Paul H.
- “After months of research into a new mattress an intro to nectar popped up. I took several weeks comparing my choices to nectar and with help from their customer service (2 thumbs up for them) I chose nectar. I have no regrets. My husband and I have the best night’s sleep, the mattress is plush and extremely comfortable and stays cool throughout the night.” -S.J.
Nectar mattress reviews on firmness
- “I was very hesitant to buy a mattress without trying it out first, but I did a lot of research and decided to take the risk. I tried several different styles of memory foam mattresses in stores and I’d say this falls right in the middle. It’s not too hard, and not too soft. I sink in just enough to feel supported, but not so much that it’s difficult to move. It took me about two weeks to adjust to it. I was stiff in different places, but after a month, I sleep much more soundly, I wake up less in the middle of the night, and I’m not sore in the morning. I am very pleased with our purchase.” – W.R.
- “I noticed plenty of reviews from 30 & 40ish people but no senior reviews???? I wanted to know how this mattress affects people over 65! So I’ll address it, to fill that void. It is firm enough for those with back issues, but soft enough to cushion the pressure points (hips/shoulders) that I do not wake up in pain! We have only slept in it three nights but my husband and I are VERY happy so far.” – Joy S.
Nectar mattress reviews from customers with back pain
- “Do your body a favor and buy this bed. I have arthritis and this is the first bed that we have slept in that doesn’t hurt my hip. My husband was having a lot of back pain for almost a month when I decide to purchase this mattress . He was very skeptical but i assured him we could return the mattress if it didn’t help because they have a great trial plan. Needless to say we will NOT be returning our mattress. His back pain was gone within 3 days and I can sleep the whole night in bed which I have not been able to do in 3 years.” – Debbie B.
- “I was skeptical about this mattress, but the 365 trial period convinced me I had nothing to lose. Man, am I glad I said yes! Our previous two mattress (from the first week) had me sleeping on the couch because my lower back pain was so bad—and I’m not a person who ever had lower back pain. Within 2 nights of sleeping on this mattress, the pain was gone. Now, I actually have trouble getting up because I have been sleeping so soundly. Not the worst problem to have! So happy with this mattress.” – Andrea C.
- “This mattress saved my back. For the first few nights I thought it was just really comfortable. After a few nights when my back pain disappeared, I realized it was more than just comfort, it was a life saver. We really had been sleeping on an unhealthy bed. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable mattress and is looking for help with back pains.” – N.R.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Nectar ships free in the lower 48 states and should arrive at your door within 2-5 business days. Nectar also offers a white glove service where someone will come to remove your old mattress and set up your new one for ~$170, but price may vary.
The Nectar arrives compressed and rolled in a cylinder shaped case. You will simply unwrap the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand. You can watch this video to see how it’s done.
You will receive a full refund within the first year of getting your Nectar if you decide it’s not for you. (Yes, you read that right – a whole year.) Nectar will come pick up the mattress at no cost.
The Nectar mattress comes with a limited warranty for as long as you own the mattress. You can read more about the warranty policy here.
Nectar’s cover can be unzipped completely and spot cleaned with mild detergent. It’s recommended that you use a water resistant mattress cover to protect your Nectar mattress.
If you want to learn more about sleep cycles and when you should go to bed to get your best night’s sleep, check out Nectar’s sleep calculator.
- Nectar foam is certified by CertiPUR-US and five other rating groups as being free from known harmful chemicals and gasses.
- Nectar is naturally resistant to bed bugs.
- If you refer a friend to Nectar, your friends will receive $125 off their mattress plus two free pillows, and you will receive a $50 Amazon gift card after they complete their purchase.
Nectar mattress FAQs
How does the 365-night trial work?
From the day that your Nectar mattress is delivered, you will have 365 nights, or a full year, to decide if the mattress is right for you. If you’re not sleeping great on the Nectar for any reason and decide to return it, you’ll simply contact Nectar’s customer support team and they will walk you through the return process. A Nectar representative will arrange for your mattress to be picked up from your home and donated to a local charity in need. You won’t need to worry about putting your mattress back in the box or taking it anywhere special
Does the Nectar mattress have a break-in period?
It does – in fact, all mattresses do! It can take up to 30 days to fully break in your new mattress. During this time, your body will get used to the new mattress feel and the mattress will have time to fully take shape and provide all the benefits it was designed to offer.
Can I finance my Nectar mattress?
Great sleep is in reach no matter your financial situation! If you prefer to pay for your Nectar mattress over a period of time, you can opt for 6 months of low, interest free payments. Simply select this option at checkout. No credit check is required and you can apply by using a bank account, credit or debit card and proving a source of income.
Will I need to flip my Nectar mattress?
Nectar is designed to be used on one side only, meaning you shouldn’t flip the mattress.
Other products sold by Nectar
- Pillow: $75
- Sheets: $129 for queen set
- Adjustable bed frame: $799 for queen
- Foundation: $250 for queen
- Bed frame with headboard: $350 for queen
- Mattress protector: $69 for queen
If you have more questions about the Nectar mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from NectarSleep.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.