Nectar Premier Copper Mattress Review
Nectar Premier Copper Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: May 2023
|✔️ Customer Rating: 4.8/5|
|✔️ Mattress Advisor Score: Pending|
|✔️ Type: Memory Foam|
|✔️ Firmness: Medium Soft|
|✔️ Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️ 365-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️ Lifetime Warranty|
Get 33% off Sitewide
Overview: The Nectar Premier Copper is an all-foam mattress that provides a balanced feel. With a height of 14″, it’s among the tallest Nectar mattress. It’s also designed to sleep cooler than the original Nectar and the Nectar Premier, making it one of the brand’s best bed for hot sleepers.
Who Is the Nectar Premier Copper Mattress Best For?
|Nectar Premier Copper is best for:||Nectar Premier Copper may not be best for:|
Nectar Premier Copper Mattress Review Highlights
The Nectar Premier Copper, one of the replacement models for the discontinued Nectar Lush, provides a luxury, balanced feel that caters to side sleepers, back sleepers, and those wanting excellent pressure and pain relief. In this review, we’ll give you lots of helpful information about the Nectar Premier Copper, including dimensions, prices, customer feedback, and pros and cons. That way, you have everything you need to decide if this mattress is right for you.
What We Love About the Nectar Premier Copper Mattress
- According to a randomized Nectar survey, 9/10 customers said they would recommend Nectar to their friends and family.
- The Nectar Premier Copper incorporates numerous luxury features at an excellent value. You should be able find a queen for less than $1,800 (regular price) with the chance to save hundreds thanks to Nectar’s frequent sales and discounts.
- Nectar takes pride in the quality and value of their brand, seeing as they offer a lifetime warranty and a year-long sleep trial period.
Mattress Advisor Score
Here at Mattress Advisor, we rate each factor on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best. Then we calculate our final score using a weighted average. Learn more about our review and scoring process.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)*|
*Our full MA score for the Nectar Premier Copper is coming soon.
Pros and Cons of the Nectar Premier Copper Mattress
- Cooling: Foam beds have a reputation for sleeping hot, but the Nectar Premier Copper was designed to break this stereotype. Thanks to modern cooling technology, you should get plenty of airflow and breathability.
- Motion Transfer: With its high-density memory foam, the Nectar Premier Copper is able to absorb a lot of movement, so partners shouldn’t be disturbed by each other tossing and turning during the night.
- Pressure Relief: The Nectar Premier Copper should provide lots of comfort for sleepers under 230 lbs This is helpful for those experiencing back pain, shoulder pain, and even hip pain.
- Sleep Trial and Warranty: Nectar stands out with its competitive 365-day sleep trial and generous lifetime warranty. This should provide you with plenty of time to make sure this is the bed that suits your needs.
- Edge Support: While you should still feel secure at the edge of the Nectar Premier Copper, you may be bothered by how the edges sink down a bit. If you have a habit of sleeping on the edge of the bed, then this mattress may not be for you.
- Responsiveness: While the responsiveness is impressive for an all-foam mattress, combination sleepers or those looking for an “on top of” feel might want to consider a firmer bed.
- Off-Gassing: Once you unbox your Nectar mattress, you may notice that it gives off a strange scent. This is a normal part of the unboxing process, and we recommend that you let your new mattress air out for 24 hours before putting on sheets.
Nectar Premier Copper Mattress Product Information
The Nectar Premier Copper is at around 5.5/10 on the firmness scale, which translates to medium firmness. If you prefer a softer or firmer feel, check out our roundups of:
Does the Nectar Premier Copper Sleep Cool?
The Nectar Premier Copper is an ideal choice for foam mattress lovers who sleep hot. While foam mattresses do tend to trap heat, the Nectar Premier Copper is designed to reduce the effect. With copper fibers to promote airflow, Phase Change Material, and gel-infused cooling foam, this mattress should more than satisfy hot sleepers’ needs.
What Sleeping Positions Does It Work For?
Because of its medium firmness, we think that the Nectar Premier Copper has the right amount of comfort and support for side sleepers and back sleepers under 230 lbs. The pressure-relieving foam should contour sensitive areas while the high-density foam should keep the spine aligned.
On the other hand, stomach sleepers are likely to need a firmer mattress in the 7/10 range. Similarly, combination sleepers might prefer a mattress closer to medium-firm with a bit more responsiveness.
How Much Weight Does the Nectar Premier Copper Mattress Support?
The Nectar Premier Copper should be able to support up to 600 lbs for two people sharing a queen size or larger. Due to its all-foam construction, sleepers over 300 lbs may need a firmer, more supportive mattress.
Related: Best Mattresses for Heavy People
What Foundations or Bed Frames Are Compatible?
Nectar is bed frame inclusive. You can use a box spring, divan base, traditional base, adjustable base, and platform with your Nectar Premier Copper Mattress.
Nectar Premier Copper Mattress Materials
Nectar uses premium materials in its Premier Copper mattress. Read below to see what’s inside.
- Quilted Cool Cover: The Nectar Premier Copper comes wrapped in a soft poly-blend cover that is super breathable thanks to its heat-conductive copper fibers and other cooling technologies.
- Nectar Smart Layer (4″): With infused gel, copper, and phase change material, the Nectar Premier Copper’s Smart Layer is built to relieve pressure points and provide great cooling.
- Dynamic Support Layer (1″): This responsive foam layer balances out the softer foams and gives the mattress a bouncier feel.
- Stay-Stable Base Layer (9″): With a foam layer this thick, the Nectar Premier Copper should feel more supportive and durable than most all-foam mattresses.
- Shift-Resistant Lower Cover: The textured bottom of the Nectar Premier Copper helps keep the mattress from slipping on the foundation.
Nectar Premier Copper Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38″ x 75″ x 14″||49 lbs||$1,399|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 14″||52 lbs||$1,449|
|Full||54” x 75” x 14″||86 lbs||$1,699|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 14″||80 lbs||$1,799|
|King||76” x 80” x 14″||102 lbs||$2,099|
|Cal King||72” x 80” x 14″||102 lbs||$2,099|
|Split King||76″ x 80″ x 14″||104 lbs||$2,898|
*Prices listed are standard without sales or Mattress Advisor exclusive discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Nectar Premier Copper mattress.
What’s Unboxing Like?
When the Nectar Premier Copper arrives at your front door, it will be compressed in a tall rectangular box. Since larger sizes are on the heavier side, we strongly recommend you ask a friend to help you with the unboxing process. Once you have the mattress in your room, it will likely take two to five minutes to completely unbox the mattress. Before putting on sheets, we suggest you let the mattress air out for 24 hours during this off-gassing period.
Nectar does offer white glove delivery for an additional fee. Brand representatives will assist you with not only delivering your mattress, but setting it up and taking out your previous mattress as well.
|Delivery||No contact delivery within 2-4 business days|
|Trial Period||365-night trial period|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Shipping and Delivery
Nectar offers free shipping to customers in the contiguous U.S. They also ship to those living in Alaska and Hawaii for a $150 shipping fee. Typically, orders take between 2-4 business days to arrive.
You also can pay an additional $149 for Nectar’s white-glove service to get your new mattress set up for you and your existing one removed. Each additional item, such as a bed frame, costs another $45.
Sleep Trial Period
Like most bed-in-box mattress companies, Nectar offers a sleep trial so you can test out their mattresses from the comfort of your home. However, their sleep trial is significantly longer than most, giving you a full year to decide if it’s the right match for you. This gives you a chance to experience the Nectar through every season and truly see how the phase-change material works.
Nectar Premier Copper Mattress Warranty
The Nectar Premier Copper Mattress comes with a lifetime warranty. This extends to the original owner of the mattress and covers the following defects:
- Visible indentations greater than 1.5”
- Physical flaws that cause the foam to degrade, split, or crack despite normal usage
- Any manufacturing defects in the mattress cover’s assembly
Nectar Customer Service
To get in contact with a Nectar customer service representative, use one of the following methods:
- Email email@example.com
- Call (888) 863-2827
- Live chat on the Nectar website
They are available seven days a week to answer your questions. You can start live chat conversations after you enter your email address. Some customers have complained that it’s hard to get in contact with the customer service team in regards to updates on their delivery, which is why we give them a 8/10 for customer service.
If during your year-long sleep trial you decide the Nectar Premier Copper isn’t your dream mattress, you can return it for free. Nectar asks you to wait at least 30 days to allow enough time for your body to get used to the new materials.
In order to initiate a refund, reach out to the customer service team. They will ask you for a photo of the mattress and its tags. Once your return is approved, the team will submit a request for ShareTown to pick up your mattress for donation. ShareTown will send an email within 3-5 business days to schedule a pickup time. After your mattress is picked up, send your donation receipt to Nectar so they can process your refund.
Is the Nectar Premier Copper Right for You?
The Nectar Premier Copper is an excellent all-foam choice for those who seek a balanced foam feel. With its impressive pressure relief, it is a great match for those experiencing back pain or joint pain, and its many cooling features make it a good choice for hot sleepers.
While back and side sleepers, as well as lightweight stomach sleepers, should find this mattress comfortable, it is not ideal for some. Average-weight and heavier stomach sleepers probably won’t get the right amount of support, and those over 300 lbs will likely need a firmer bed in general. Combination sleepers may not find this mattress responsive enough, which can make it difficult to change sleeping positions throughout the night.
Related: Best Memory Foam Mattresses
Other Products Sold by Nectar
Read our reviews of other Nectar beds, which include:
- Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
- Nectar Premier Mattress
- Nectar Classic Hybrid
- Nectar Premier Hybrid Mattress
Bedding and Pillows
- Mattress Protector
- Nectar Graphite Pillow
- Nectar Premier Copper Pillow
- Resident Pillow
- Sheet Set
- Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket
Bases and Foundations
Can I clean my Nectar’s cover?
Yes. Nectar recommends spot cleaning your mattress cover for spills and light accidents. Use a damp cloth and mild detergent or hand soap. To ensure your warranty isn’t voided, make sure to keep the cover on your mattress at all times.
Does Nectar ship internationally?
No, Nectar currently only ships to the contiguous United States. They also ship to Hawaii and Alaska for an additional $15- fee per item.
Can I flip the Nectar Premier Copper mattress?
No, you shouldn’t flip the Nectar Premier Copper because it’s constructed so the comfort layers are on the top and the support layers are on the bottom. However, you can turn the mattress 180 degrees to help prolong the mattress’s lifespan. With care, the Nectar Premier Copper should last you between 7-10 years.