Gel memory foam
Medium firm: 5.5-6/10
Lifetime warranty as long as you own the mattress
Affordable quality mattress with excellent trial period
- The Nectar mattress sleeps cool, has great pressure relief and distributes weight evenly for good spine support.
- Its proprietary cover is specifically designed to keep out dust mites – which is good because this mattress should last you a while.
- The Nectar mattress has a pretty happy (and well-rested) fan base – they have overwhelmingly positive reviews and fewer than 3 percent of customers end up returning their Nectar mattress.
What makes it different from other mattresses
- Nectar is so confident that they make the best mattress for the price that they offer a lifetime warranty and trial period that lasts an entire year.
- The Nectar is made with five layers of foam and comes in at 11” thick. On average, we tend to see 3-4 layers and 9”-10” thick with other mattresses in this category. It’s also on the lower end when it comes to price.
- Nectar does offer a white glove service where they will come remove your old mattress and set your new Nectar up for you. Fees vary but you can expect this to cost around $170.
What to watch out for
- Be aware that your Nectar mattress may have a mild scent when you unbox it – this is normal and should go away within a few hours.
- As Nectar is gaining popularity, there is more demand for their product. We’ve talked to customers who have noticed delays in their shipment recently, so if you’re on a tight timeline, you should be aware of this. Because of the delays they’re experiencing, they are offering two free pillows and $125 off for a limited time to compensate for any inconveniences.
- Nectar is also one of the few mattresses in its category that is not fully made in the US: its products are sourced from all over the world and are compiled and made overseas. They are then sent to the Nectar warehouse in Kent, Washington where they are prepared for shipping.
Nectar sizes available
- Queen: $795
- King: $900
- Cal King: $900
- Twin: $500
- Twin XL: $550
- Full: $700
A look inside
The Nectar has five layers of premium foam that promote air circulation and offer support and appropriate weight distribution.
- 1 – cooling cover: promotes air circulation and is bed bug resistant
- 2 – quilted gel memory foam: provide air flow and contours your body
- 3 – gel memory foam: delivers weight distribution and pressure relief
- 4 – adaptive hi-core memory foam: supports the body
- 5 – breathing base layer: serves as a stable foundation
What Nectar customers have to say
- “After months of research into a new mattress an intro to nectar popped up. I took several weeks comparing my choices to nectar and with help from their customer service (2 thumbs up for them) I chose nectar. I have no regrets. My husband and I have the best night’s sleep, the mattress is plush and extremely comfortable and stays cool throughout the night.” -S.J.
- “I was very hesitant to buy a mattress without trying it out first, but I did a lot of research and decided to take the risk. I tried several different styles of memory foam mattresses in stores and I’d say this falls right in the middle. It’s not too hard, and not too soft. I sink in just enough to feel supported, but not so much that it’s difficult to move. It took me about two weeks to adjust to it. I was stiff in different places, but after a month, I sleep much more soundly, I wake up less in the middle of the night, and I’m not sore in the morning. I am very pleased with our purchase.” – W.R.
- “I’ve owned the Nectar Mattress for about 8 months now and it’s the best purchase I’ve made for my back‚ The last few mattresses I’ve used sleep well for about 5.5-6hrs and then the backache would kick in and I knew it was time to get up. With Nectar, I simply don’t want to get up!! I sleep the whole night. I’ve actually changed my sleeping habits, go to bed earlier to get more rest and wake up rejuvenated. To some this all may sound cliche and I think it does to me also, but I honestly have to say that this mattress has made a difference in the way I sleep and wake each morning. Best of all, they have a 365 day guarantee, if you don’t like it, return it.” – Paul H.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
- Delivery: The Nectar ships free in the lower 48 states and arrives within 3-5 business days. Nectar also offers a white glove service where someone will come to remove your old mattress and set up your new one (~$170 but price may vary).
- Setup: The Nectar arrives compressed and rolled in a cylinder shaped case. You will simply unwrap the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand. You can watch this video to see how it’s done.
- Foundation: The Nectar works with all bed types: basic frame, box spring or flat floor.
- Return policy: You will receive a full refund within the first year of getting your Nectar if you decide it’s not for you. (Yes, you read that right – a whole year.) Nectar will come pick up the mattress at no cost.
- Warranty: The Nectar mattress comes with a limited warranty for as long as you own the mattress. You can read more about the warranty policy here.
- Cleaning: Nectar’s cover can be unzipped completely and spot cleaned. If you have a stain that you can’t get out, Nectar will send you one new cover free of charge.
- Anything else?:
- If you want to learn more about sleep cycles and when you should go to bed to get your best night’s sleep, check out Nectar’s sleep calculator.
- Nectar foam is certified by CertiPUR-US and five other rating groups as being free from known harmful chemicals and gasses.
- Nectar is naturally resistant to bed bugs.
- They also offer white glove services to remove your old mattress and set up your new one for around $170.
Other products sold by Nectar
If you have more questions about the Nectar mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from NectarSleep.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.