Nest Bedding Owl Hybrid Latex Mattress Review
Nest Bedding Owl Hybrid Latex Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: January 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.7/10|
|✔️Type: Natural Latex and Pocket Coils|
|✔️Firmness: Available in Plush, Medium, and Firm|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️365-Night Sleep Trial|
Save up to 20% on This Mattress
Key points: The Owl Hybrid Latex by Nest Bedding, formerly the Natural Hybrid Latex, has a lot to brag about; three different firmness levels, eco-friendly materials, and exceptional pressure relief. This hybrid bed is ideal for side sleepers and sleepers with allergies. With a lifetime warranty and exceptional durability, the Owl Hybrid Latex is a good bet for people who love latex mattresses and hybrids.
Who Is the Owl Hybrid Latex Mattress Best for?
|Owl Hybrid Latex is best for:||Owl Hybrid Latex may not be best for:|
The Owl Hybrid Latex is a hybrid mattress designed with natural latex and pocket coils. With an OEKO-Tex certification and organic materials, this bed is a great choice for sustainable shoppers and sleepers with allergies. Side sleepers would also appreciate the pressure relief and spinal support this bed provides.
Keep reading to learn everything you need to know the Owl Hybrid Latex bed like customer reviews and product details like sizes and prices.
- Eco-friendly shoppers, listen up! This bed-in-a-box is made from either all natural or organic latex foam, and all the foams are CertiPUR-US certified and made in the USA. Nest also airs out all of its foam and latex in the factory to decrease any off-gassing effects.
- The Owl Hybrid Latex boasts three different firmness levels: plush, medium, and firm, so you’ll be sure to find a firmness level that works for you. No matter the feel you choose, this bed will give you the support and comfort you’re looking for.
- The natural latex support layer provides gentle contouring, pressure relief, and spine alignment: the perfect combination for a good night’s sleep.
Related: Best Latex Mattresses
Take a look at how the Owl Hybrid Latex mattress performed in our tests to help you determine if this bed is the right fit for you. Note: At the time this video was produced, the Owl was still called the Natural Hybrid Latex.
Below is our score breakdown for the Owl Hybrid Latex mattress. Notice the factors that matter the most to you. Check out our review process to learn more.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Owl Hybrid Latex Mattress: 8.7/10⭐
Pros and Cons
- Cooling: Latex naturally works to dispel heat and keep you cool, so this bed will help prevent those pesky night sweats. The breathable organic cover also helps increase airflow.
- Pressure relief: A comfort layer located inside the Owl Hybrid Latex bed provides superb pressure relief. The foam layers contour to your body and support high-pressure areas like your hips and shoulders, working to cradle your body throughout the night.
- Responsiveness: The latex material gives the bed its buoyancy and flexibility, so wherever you move throughout the night, the bed moves with you. This helps you feel supported in all the right places.
- Durability: This bed scored a 9 out of 10 for durability meaning that it will hold up for many years to come. The combination of latex and coils make for a denser bed and the support foam layer gives the mattress the durable support you need.
- USA Made: The Owl Hybrid Latex is made to order right here in the USA.
- Cost: Because the Owl Hybrid Latex is made from organic and all-natural materials, it’s not the most budget-friendly mattress. However, the zipper design allows you to swap out comfort layers in the bed, which extends the life of the mattress and makes it more durable. For a high-quality, eco-friendly mattress, this bed is still a great deal.
- Edge Support: The Owl does not offer great edge support. People who like to set there to get ready in the morning or prefer to sleep there at night may feel as if they’re falling off.
The Owl Hybrid Latex lacks good motion isolation for couples and people who co-sleep. We discovered this in our lab. Our sleep testers took turns moving around on the mattress while the other is blindfolded to see how much motion could be felt.
After that, we replace the blindfolded tests with a glass of red wine. Look at how much the wine wiggles and moves as our tester does, indicating lots of motion transfer.
We test how well the Owl Hybrid Latex provides spine alignment to by having our testers lie on their side to see how straight their spines will be. The straighter the spine, the better the alignment, The natural latex and supportive foam offers exceptional spine alignment helping to keep pressure off your body and allowing your joints to heal.
The Owl Hybrid Latex boasts three different firmness options; you can choose between Plush (2–3 on firmness scale), Medium (4–5 ), and Firm (8).
Which Sleeping Positions Does it Support?
This latex hybrid mattress is best for side sleepers thanks to its exceptional pressure relief and spine alignment. However, because the bed comes in three different firmness levels, the Owl Hybrid Latex can support a variety of sleepers. It is a good back sleepers mattress who would enjoy the medium and firm options for more sturdy support. The plush option has more cushioning and softness that is a better mattress for stomach sleepers.
Will It Keep You Cool?
Because the Owl is a latex hybrid, it inherently does a superb job at keeping you cool. The bed scored high for cooling thanks to the cotton cover that promotes breathability and the latex material that naturally regulates body temperature.
How Much Weight Does it Support?
The Owl Hybrid Latex can support well over 1,000 lbs of weight when evenly dispersed over the surface. Sleepers of varying body types and weights would find durable support from this bed.
Most Compatible Bed Frames
The Owl Hybrid Latex mattress works with the majority of firm, non-flexible surfaces including a sturdy box-spring or platform base. This hybrid bed also works with slats or on the floor.
Layers and Materials
The Owl Hybrid Latex is composed of a natural Dunlop latex layer and individual pocketed coils designed to maximize comfort and support. An organic cotton cover keeps you cozy, cool, and promotes breathability.
- Eco Flex Quilting Foam (1.5″): An organic stretch knit cotton and Joma Wool core contribute to the excellent responsiveness of this bed; material moves with you as you change positions throughout the night.
- Dunlop Latex (3″): This layer has an OEKO-TEX® certified natural Dunlop latex Engineered to provide gentle support and pressure relief.
- Eco-Friendly Comfort Foam (1″): The Certi-PUR transitional comfort layer reinforces the gentle support by offering cushioning against the coils beneath it.
- Support Pocketed Coils (6″): Individually wrapped coils made in Phoenix, AZ, provide support and comfort.
- Support Foam (1″): The foam support layer gives the bed its durability and added support to act as a shield between your foundation and the mattress.
Related: Best Latex Mattresses
Owl Hybrid Latex Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 12”||60 lbs.||$1,049|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 12”||65 lbs.||$1,249|
|Full||54” x 75” x 12”||70 lbs.||$1,449|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 12”||100 lbs.||$1,799|
|King||76” x 80” x 12”||120 lbs.||$2,099|
|Cal King||76” x 80” x 12”||120 lbs.||$2,099|
|Split Cal King (1-side)||36″ x 84″ x 12″||65 lbs.||$1,249|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Owl Hybrid Latex mattress.
The Owl Hybrid Latex comes compressed in a box and only took us 1:40 to set up. This is a heavier mattress, so you may want to have a partner or friend on deck to help you unbox the bed. Luckily, because this mattress uses non-toxic and natural materials, there is little to no natural scent when you unbox your new mattress.
Think this Nest Bedding mattress is the bed for you? Read on for a breakdown of all the pertinent buying information you need to know.
|Delivery||Compressed and rolled in a box; delivered in three to seven business days|
|Trial Period||365 days|
|Warranty||Lifetime warranty for as long as you own mattress|
|Return Policy||Free Returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
A nice perk that comes with the purchase of the Owl Hybrid Latex mattress is free shipping—and not only that, you can expect your mattress to be shipped via FedEx just three to four days (sometimes sooner!) after placing an order. The bed should then be delivered in about three to seven business days, which is pretty quick for an eco-friendly mattress company.
When Does Your Trial Period Begin?
Your 365-night sleep trial starts the day your mattress is delivered. That period is when you can decide if you want to keep the bed, exchange it, or return the mattress for a full refund.
Also during your trial period, you can exchange your bed to a different feel by unzipping your mattress and putting a new comfort layer in the old one’s place. So maybe the “plush” feel wasn’t the right fit for you—you could exchange for either the medium or firm feel and receive a new comfort layer for free.
The mattress warranty for the Owl Hybrid Latex is something to brag about—Nest Bedding gives you a lifetime warranty with the purchase of this bed! This warranty only applies to the original purchaser and covers all defects such as visible indentation or sag of the foam for as long as you own the mattress.
Also, be aware that your warranty would be at risk for infringement if you leave your new mattress compressed in its packaging for over 30 days. This would interfere with the bed’s ability to expand properly to be sure to expand your mattress within 30 days of delivery.
To submit a claim, you can contact Nest Bedding’s customer service at email@example.com or at the store you purchased the bed at. You will need to include your bed’s order number, a brief description of what is wrong with the mattress, and a photo or video showing the issue.
Lifetime Renewal Exchange
Recently, Nest Bedding has begun offering a Lifetime Renewal Exchange program for its luxury mattresses to provide new life to your mattress. This includes the Sparrow Signature Hybrid, Owl Natural Latex Hybrid, and Finch Natural Latex mattresses. Customers can redeem their one-time comfort guarantee exchange any time after their first 365 days of owning their Nest mattress by contacting the customer service team. A new comfort layer will be shipped to your address, which you can add to your mattress by unzipping and removing your old layer. The Lifetime Renewal Exchange helps reduce waste since it allows you to continue using your Nest mattress.
Nest Customer Service
To contact Nest’s customer service, you have a few options. You can call them at 1-888-992-2001, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat live with a company representative on their site. You can also visit their site where they have a “Customer Care” tab at the bottom of the page for more information on FAQs and financing. We ranked Nest lower than average for customer service, but others disagreed.
Return Policy Terms
Nest asks that you try out your new mattress for at least 30 days before initiating a return, but if you find that this bed isn’t a great fit for you, you can reach out to customer service by filling out a form on the product’s page. You can also visit the store you purchased the bed from or email them directly email@example.com.
Be prepared to answer questions about basic information that’ll help the Nest team diagnose your sleep issues. Once approved for a return, you will have 30 days to complete the process of returning your bed or else you risk losing eligibility for a return. Nest will provide you with a donation, disposal, or pick-up option for your mattress. The bed must be in proper condition to donate. Nest works with charitable organizations and third party disposal services, but you may also donate your bed to a charity of your choosing.
Once you receive your donation receipt or proof of disposal, Nest will issue you a refund.
Recap: Is This the Best Mattress for You?
It’s time to go over what we covered in this review, so you can be sure whether or not the Owl Hybrid Latex mattress is for you.
This mattress is made with natural materials, including dunlop latex, organic cotton, and organic wool, making it a great choice for eco-conscious people. The three firmness layers allow it to work for all sleeping positions. Not to mention the materials are great for hot sleepers.
Couples and people who sleep with their pet or children may not love the Owl Hybrid Latex. Instead, we recommend the Layla Hybrid. This flippable mattress offers two firmness levels and isolates motion good enough for co-sleepers.
Related: Latex Mattress Pros and Cons
Quail Memory Foam
The Quail Memory Foam mattress, previously known as Love & Sleep, is a foam blend bed that has more affordable pricing than the other Nest models. If you’re on a tighter budget, we suggest you start here! It’s also available in two firmness options: Medium and Firm. The medium firmness option is a good choice for side and combination sleepers, whereas the firm alternative works well for back and stomach sleeping positions.
- Type: Foam blend
- Specifics: 11″, 2 to 3 layers depending on firmness level
- Price Range: $499 – $849
- ✅ Best For: Budget shoppers
Sparrow Signature Hybrid
The Sparrow Signature Hybrid, previously known as Alexander Signature Hybrid, is a premium hybrid mattress constructed in four layers. Because it contains both memory foam and coils, it has qualities of an innerspring mattress—such as exceptional responsiveness. You can choose between three firmness options: Plush, Medium, and Luxury Firm.
- Type: Hybrid – memory foam and pocket coils
- Specifics: 14″, 4 layers
- Price Range: $949 – $2,198
- ✅ Best For: Combination sleepers
Which Nest Mattress is Best for Me?
If there’s one thing we know to be true, it’s that shopping for a mattress is an extremely personal decision. There is no “one size fits all” approach to mattress selection. What works for some may be a nightmare for others.
|Total Mattress Advisor Score||8.7/10||8.2/10||8.7/10|
Compare the Owl Latex Hybrid to Other Brands
- Owl Latex Hybrid vs Saatva Latex Hybrid: Saatva is a luxury online mattress brand that offers free white glove delivery. It outperforms Nest when it comes to responsiveness, edge support, and motion isolation. However, Nest is more affordable. Read our full Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress review.
- Owl Latex Hybrid vs Avocado: Avocado is a hybrid mattress made with natural and organic materials. Avocado provides better alignment while Nest offers better pressure relief and durability. Read our full Avocado mattress review.
Other Products Sold by Nest Bedding
What is a hybrid mattress?
A hybrid mattress is a bed that uses a combination of materials in its design. The Owl Hybrid Latex uses a combination of latex and pocket coils to create a supportive, yet responsive base.
When can I sleep on my brand new Nest Bedding mattress?
Luckily, because the Owl Hybrid Latex mattress uses nontoxic materials and produces little to no off-gassing scent, you can sleep on your new bed as soon as it’s unboxed and expanded.
Is the Owl Hybrid Latex mattress eco-friendly?
The Owl Hybrid Latex mattress features a GOTS certified cotton cover and an OEKO-TEX certification for its natural latex.