Hybrid: hyper-elastic polymer and foam
Soft - 4/10
10-year limited warranty
The softest of the New Purple Mattresses that cushions your body and provides great pressure relief
The New Purple Mattress highlights
- The New Purple Mattress is available in 3 thickness levels to provide a personalized level of comfort and support. The Purple .4 is the softest of the three thickness levels and is ideal for those who prefer a more cushiony feel. Great for side sleepers.
- Great for pressure relief, motion isolation and natural airflow that keeps you cool.
Mattress Advisor score for the The New Purple Mattress
Here’s how the New Purple mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the Purple .4 mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.5 / 10
The New Purple Mattress mattress review
See how the New Purple mattress performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Note: There was a typo in our video script for the Purple .4 mattress. The edge support shoe test received an 8 out of 10. Kelsi says 9. However, the overall score for edge support is correct – an 8.5.
What to watch out for
- Because the Purple mattress is crafted with a truly unique material, it may take some time to get used to. It won’t compare to other mattresses you’ve slept on, so make sure you give it a good 30 nights before you make your final decision on whether or not to keep it.
- Due to the nature of Hyper-Elastic Polymer™, this mattress may feel more bouncy than a traditional innerspring mattress.
- Note that there may be a slight odor after you unbox your Purple .4. This should go away within a few days.
The New Purple Mattress sizes available
- Twin XL: $2499
- Queen: $2799
- King: $3499
- Cal King: $3499
A look inside
The New Purple Mattress is made with Purple’s patented Smart Comfort Grid. It is available at three levels of thickness( 2”, 3” and 4”) to provide personalized firmness and support.
- 4’’ Smart Comfort Grid: Scientifically engineered to dynamically adjust to your body type and sleep position. The Smart Comfort Grid is designed to flex under your pressure points while keeping the rest of your body supported.
- 0.5’’ of polyurethane foam designed to improve edge support.
- 7.5” of individually wrapped responsive-support coils designed to enhance responsiveness and durability.
What The New Purple Mattress customers have to say
- “I waited 3 months to review the mattress and I could not be happier. The mattress sleeps very cool and comfortable. After the first 30 days of sleeping on the mattress, I went on vacation and spent the next 2 weeks sleeping on a series of different mattress. What a difference when I returned back to my Purple mattress! This experience solidified everything for me. You will need the stand or a box spring to place it on. This also ensures you get the full warranty. Without a doubt, a wonderful investment!” -Gianpaolo
- “After months of back pain and sleepless nights, I finally decided to invest in a new mattress. I won’t lie, it was strange at first. All my life I have slept on spring style traditional mattresses. It took a few nights to truly get use to it, but let me tell you….when I did…it was amazing! I haven’t woken up with a sore back once since using the purple mattress. I use to sleep 5/6 hours a night and now I am sleeping a full 8 hours with ease. I use to dread bedtime, but now I look forward to jumping into bed and am asleep in no time at all!” -Frank
- “We bought the purple mattress after my husband would wake up with severe back pain for several months. I read the reviews and I’ll admit was a little skeptical at first, but with the 100 night return policy we thought ‘why not’. After wrestling with the 110lb sucker for 20 minutes I layed on it and instantly fell in love. My husband’s back is still on the mend but each day he wakes up with less and less pain (he is not taking any meds). It is a firm mattress but neither of us woke up stiff or with aching hips and I sleep better than I ever have. I highly recommend this bed and will be buying again when it wears out. Money well spent!” – Shelby
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The New Purple Mattress comes with free white glove delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 4-7 business days.
Purple will do the heavy lifting for you when you purchase any of the New Purple Mattresses. They each come with complimentary in-home setup and delivery. They’ll even get rid of your old mattress for you. What a treat!
The New Purple Mattress will work on any firm, flat surface. This includes a box foundation, flat frames, slats, adjustable frames or even the floor. However, Purple recommends not using a box spring to prevent break down over time.
If you decide the Purple is not for you within the 100-day trial period, you can return it for a full refund. They will come pick up your mattress and donate it to a local charity at no cost. Purple does ask that you try your mattress for at least 30 days.
The Purple mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty offer. You can read more about what’s covered under the warranty policy here.
Spot clean with mild detergent (upholstery cleaner). Machine wash/dry is not recommended.
- Made in the USA.
- Allergen-resistant & non-toxic.
- The foams used to make the Purple .4 mattress are CertiPUR-US Certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
- If you want to feel the patented hyper-elastic polymer for yourself before ordering the mattress, you can order a free “squishy” after you share and like a few things on social media (we have one and think it could be the new fidget spinner…).
Other products sold by Purple
- Seat cushions: $39 – $129
- Pillow: $99
- Platform base: $174 for queen
- Sheets: $114 for queen
- Mattress protector: $59 for queen
- Adjustable base: $1,499 for queen
- Save $500 when you buy the mattress and adjustable base together
If you have more questions about the Purple mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.