Air foam mattress
Medium firm: 5 - 6 /10
15-year limited warranty
Temperature neutral AirFoam mattress known for offering great pressure relief
- The AirFoam used in the Nolah mattress is a responsive and temperature neutral type of foam, which should help relieve pressure and keep you cool.
- Nolah’s shock-absorbing air pockets make it a great option for side sleepers or people with back and joint pain.
Mattress Advisor score for the Nolah
Here’s how the Nolah mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the Nolah mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.9 / 10
Nolah mattress review
Take a look at our Nolah mattress review and see how it performed in our testing to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Note: A queen mattress now costs $969.
What makes Nolah different from other mattresses?
- In heat-mapped performance tests, the Nolah mattress relieved pressure on the hips and back 4x times better than Memory Foam.
- It also proved to be 300% more durable than high-end Memory Foam mattresses.
- You can read more about the air foam used in the Nolah mattress here. (Note: these are results of tests conducted by Nolah; we haven’t proven this ourselves just yet.)
What to watch out for
- Be aware that the Nolah mattress may have a mild scent when you unbox it – this is normal and should go away within a few hours.
- If you’re looking for a bundle deal on bedding accessories, you’ll need to look elsewhere. Nolah only sells one kind of mattress for right now.
Nolah sizes available
- Twin: $549
- Twin XL: $699
- Full: $799
- Queen: $969
- King: $1,069
- Cal King: $1,069
A look inside
Nolah is made with three layers of premium foam with cooling properties and pressure relief:
- Top – temperature neutral pressure relief AirFoam
- Middle – support layer that offers a healthy and responsive bounce
- Bottom – high-density, durable base foam
- Cover – natural viscose that wicks away moisture and keeps you cool
What Nolah customers have to say
- “I have a queen Nolah mattress and have been sleeping on it for a few weeks now, and it’s been a really wonderful mattress. You barely feel any of that “sinking” that people so often associate with memory foam mattresses. There is quite a lot of bounce and support to the mattress. It also sleeps extremely cool…When my girlfriend stays over, we wake up and go to bed at slightly different times, but we don’t disturb each other because there is little motion transfer. Very satisfied!” – David F.
- “I have slept on a foam mattress before, but it wasn’t as comfortable as my new Nolan mattress. It’s soft, but firm enough to where I don’t sink in too much making it hard to get out of bed. I don’t wake up with my sides hurting anymore since the mattress contours really well to my body.” – Bikramjeet V.
- “This side-sleeper was suffering with back pain and the Nolah mattress has helped a lot. We had previously tried a memory foam mattress but it was too hot and felt weird (and it reeked of chemicals). Highly recommended.” – Emlyn A.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Nolah ships free and arrives at your doorstep within 2-8 business days.
The Nolah mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation (if you’re using one), remove the plastic wrapping and watch it grow.
You can use the Nolah mattress on any flat surface. If you have a box spring or foundation already, you can use them for the Nolah mattress as well. If not, you can place the Nolah mattress directly on the floor or another flat, supportive surface. Slats work as well, but just be sure they are no more than 4″ apart.
If you decide the Nolah mattress isn’t right for you after sleeping on it for a minimum of 30 nights and up to 120 nights, give them a call or write them an email requesting a return and they will send somebody to pick up the mattress. Once you send it the scanned pickup slip, they will refund you in full.
The Nolah comes with a 15-year limited warranty.
You can spot clean the cover using a damp cloth and mild detergent. Make sure that the cover is 100% dry before putting on sheets. You should not wash or dry-clean the cover, as it might shrink and distort the fit of the cover on the mattress.
- Made in the USA.
- The foams used in the Nolah mattress are CertiPUR-US certified – meaning they’re good for you and the environment.
- Nolah adopts one wildlife animal for each mattress sold. Before you complete the checkout process, you can choose which animal you would like to be adopted. You can read more about their mission here.
- With Nolah’s referral program, you can give your friends and family $125 off when they purchase their Nolah using your referral code. This also gets you $100 in cash per purchase. Learn more about the Nolah referral program here.
Other products sold by Nolah
- AirFoam pillow: $99 for standard
- AirFiber pillow: $79 for standard
- 12” Signature mattress: $1,499 for queen
- Adjustable base: $849 for queen
- Adjustable base with massage: $999 for queen
If you have more questions about the Nolah mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from NolahMattress.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.