Available in soft, medium and firm
15-year limited warranty
Premium memory foam mattress with firmness options
- Novosbed was designed as an alternative to high-end hybrid mattresses for those who prefer an all-foam feel and support.
- It’s a thick mattress (11”) and rates highly in terms of motion isolation, making it a great choice for couples.
- If you aren’t satisfied with the firmness level of your Novosbed, you can order a free kit to help adjust the firmness to your liking.
Mattress Advisor score for the Novosbed
Here’s how the Novosbed mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|Novosbed Mattress Review|
|Motion Transfer Test||8.25|
|Edge Support Test||7.75|
|Pressure Relief Test||8.5|
|Spinal Alignment Test||9|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||4|
Novosbed mattress review
See how the Novosbed performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
What makes Novosbed different from other mattresses?
- Novosbed offers the ability to modify the firmness level by adding an extra level with their Comfort+ system. If you find that the mattress you ordered is too soft or too firm, simply order a free kit to help you adjust the mattress to your desired feel.
- Contrary to most other mattresses, you can actually completely remove and wash the cover of the Novosbed.
What to watch out for
- Novosbed will have a slight “new mattress smell” when you first unpackage it. This smell should dissipate by the end of the day.
- There are no handles on the box, so it might be a little tough to maneuver.
Novosbed sizes available
- Twin: $899
- Twin XL: $949
- Full: $999
- Queen: $1099
- King: $1299
- Cal King: $1299
A look inside
The Novosbed is available in three different firmness options: Soft, Medium and Firm. All models are 11″ thick and are constructed with three different layers of foam (however, the thickness of each layer varies based on the firmness you choose):
- Top – premium airflow gel foam
- Middle – premium memory foam
- Bottom – premium support foam
- Cover – ultra-sold stretch-knit cover; completely removable and washable
What Novosbed customers have to say
- “Novosbed is perfection. I started with medium but firmed it up with the comfort plus kit. Couldn’t believe how perfect it became. More than a satisfied customer!” – Melissa H., 9/24/17
- “We are very happy with our new mattress. After coming from a high end memory foam company, there was some minor trepidation to try one a company like Novosbed. I can happily say that we have no regrets. We wanted a firm mattress and are very happy with the overall firmness of the firm model. The mattress feels soft and plush on initial touch, but allows for only a small amount of sink-in. The quality feels great and the shipping and customer service was also great.” -Matthew M., 10/4/2017
- “We waited writing a review until we were completely used to our new bed and can state unequivocally that this is the best mattress we’ve ever had. Sleep quality is so much better. If you are looking to replace that old coil spring mattress with another, you cannot go wrong with the Novosbed. -Jack B., 8/10/2017
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
Novosbed ships free to the Continental US and Canada and typically arrives within 2-6 business days.
The Novosbed mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand.
Novosbed recommends using a solid base or platform, such as a platform base, box foundation or slatted foundation with slats no less than 2″ in width and gaps no more than 3″ apart; non-flexing box springs that are in good repair; and foundations specifically designed for memory foam/latex beds.
If the mattress isn’t the right fit for you, returns are easy and free within the trial period window (120 days) ―they’ll arrange to have it picked up and you’ll receive a full refund.
Novosbed comes with a 15-year limited warranty.
The current model for the Novosbed mattress has a removable top cover that can be washed. You should wash the cover in cold water with a mild detergent. Do not use bleach or harsh stain removers. For optimal longevity, it’s best to hang the cover to dry. Do not dry clean.
- Made in the USA.
- Novosbed foams are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they’re safe for you and the environment.
- They also abide by a zero-waste manufacturing policy – where everything that is not used in the manufacturing of the mattress is recycled or repurposed into other products.
Other products sold by Novosbed
- Novosbed also sells their own foundation made of durable North American pine ($219 for queen) which is designed to be easily assembled in 20-30 minutes, with hardware included.
If you have more questions about the Novosbed mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.