PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
The bottom line: PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress is a 100% organic, natural latex mattress. It’s one of few latex beds with dual adjustable firmness, so you and your partner can enjoy different firmness levels. It sleeps cool and is excellent for people with allergies.
Who Is the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress Best for?
|PlushBeds is best for:||PlushBeds may not be best for:|
The PlushBeds Botanical Bliss latex mattress is one of the best mattresses for eco-conscious consumers. Their natural latex foam, New Zealand wool, and fluffy cotton are all 100% organic. Pair this with their adjustable firmness options and multiple thickness choices and you have one of the best mattresses for every type of sleeper. In this review, we’ll share everything you need to know to figure out if the PlushBeds mattress is right for you.
What we love about the PlushBeds:
- PlushBeds Botanical Bliss organic mattress is available in three thickness levels: 9”, 10” and 12”. These thickness options provide varying levels of support.
- It’s on our top-rated list for the best organic mattress!
- The firmness of the Botanical Bliss is completely customizable. All you have to do is unzip the cover and rotate the latex layers to adjust the firmness.
- King and California king sizes have split layers, providing dual adjustability. This means you and your partner can sleep on different firmness levels. Who doesn’t love that?
- The Botanical Bliss mattress is made with all-natural, 100% organic materials, including dunlop latex, pure New Zealand wool, and comforting cotton.
- Unlike memory foam mattresses, latex beds are naturally breathable, keeping you cool and dry throughout the night.
Take a look at our score breakdown from various tests we use to evaluate the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress. We rate each score on a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. Our final score is a combined weighted total of each of the 14 categories.
You can learn more about our testing process and score system here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the PlushBeds Mattress: 8.1/10⭐
Botanical Bliss Performance Highlights
- Spine Alignment: The PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress does a good job at helping your spine maintain a natural curve and neutral alignment. And with adjustable firmness options, you can find the firmness that best supports your body’s optimal alignment.
- Shipping & Returns: PlushBeds offers free shipping and returns on the Botanical Bliss mattress. This removes the worry that can come from buying a new mattress online.
- Pressure Relief: Natural latex foam does a good job contouring to the body. The result is less weight at pressure points like the hips and shoulders.
- Cooling: Latex is naturally breathable and moisture-wicking. The Botanical Bliss supports a cool, dry night’s sleep.
- Toxin Free and Environmentally Friendly: Using only 100% natural materials, this organic mattress is environmentally friendly and safe for your health. The 100% natural materials used to make this organic mattress are USDA, GOLS and GOTS certified. In fact, the entire mattress is GreenGuard Gold certified, meaning it meets some of the world’s most rigorous, third-party chemical emissions standards.
- The Botanical Bliss bed does not have great edge support. If you’re someone who sleeps alongside the edges of your mattress, you may want to order one size larger than you normally would.
- Due to the density of the materials, the Botanical Bliss is heavier than most mattresses.
Still unsure if the Botanical Bliss is a good fit? Learn more about what to expect from the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress, such as what sleeping positions it supports and what type of foundation to use.
How Firm is the PlushBeds Mattress?
The PlushBeds mattress comes in two firmness options: medium and firm. You can further adjust the firmness by unzipping the cover and rearranging the internal latex layers. The final result is a mattress that ranges in firmness from medium (5 out of 10) to extra-firm (9 out of 10). The medium option ranges from medium to medium firm, and the firm from medium-firm to extra firm.
What Sleeping Position Does the Botanical Bliss Mattress Support?
Thanks to their two firmness options and adjustable firmness, the Botanical Bliss mattress works for every sleep position. Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are particularly well-suited thanks to the firm contouring that latex provides. Lightweight side sleepers, however, may find the top layer slightly too firm.
Does the Botanical Bliss Mattress Sleep Hot?
Natural latex, wool, and cotton are all exceptionally breathable materials. Thanks to their natural moisture-wicking and air circulation properties, the Botanical Bliss mattress sleeps relatively cool. It sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds and slightly warmer than the average innerspring mattress.
How Much Weight Does the PlushBeds Mattress Support?
The PlushBed Botanical Bliss mattress supports different weights based on the mattress thickness.
- The 9” mattress supports up to 225 lbs per side
- The 10” mattress supports up to 275 lbs per side
- The 12” mattress supports 275+ lbs per side
What Foundations of Bed Frames Can be Used with PlushBeds?
The PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress must be placed on a firm, flat surface. This includes a box-spring, platform base, slats no more the 2’’ apart, adjustable frames or even the floor. Make sure your box-spring is in good condition and can hold the weight of the mattress. An old foundation can cause the mattress to sag.
What is the Botanical Bliss Mattress Made of?
The Botanical Bliss mattress is a latex mattress made using only organic, natural materials. Here’s what you’ll find inside.
- Organic Cotton Cover: Compared to mass produced woven covers, the knit top layer provides more breathability and elasticity while remaining soft to the touch.
- Organic Wool Batting: Between the cover and the latex is a comfort layer of 100% organic New Zealand Wool. When used in the right proportions, organic wool creates a microclimate, which assists in regulating body temperature and humidity. It is also hypo-allergenic, resisting mildew and dust mites.
- Inner Latex Layers: The Aprico organic dunlop core of the Botanical Bliss mattress is made from the sap of rubber trees. There are 3 layers of latex in the 9” and 10” mattresses and 4 layers in the 12” bed. By using various densities of latex, each layer has its own firmness. By rearranging these layers, you can make your mattress softer or firmer.
PlushBeds Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 10”||83 lbs.||$2,499|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 10”||87 lbs.||$2,499|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||113 lbs.||$2,899|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||129 lbs.||$2,999|
|Split Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||129 lbs.||$3,398|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||172 lbs.||$3,299|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 10”||172 lbs.||$3,498|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 10”||173 lbs.||$3,299|
|Split Cal King||72” x 84” x 10”||173 lbs.||$3,498|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Botanical Bliss mattress.
Botanical Bliss Mattress Unboxing
The Botanical Bliss mattress arrives compressed and rolled into a large box. Because latex is a dense material, expect the box to be heavy. It’s best to move it directly to your room in the box as it becomes floppy and hard to handle once out of the box.
When we received the Botanical Bliss mattress at our mattress testing facility, we found it to be relatively difficult to set up. The box was stapled shut and hard to open, and it was challenging to maneuver the bed into the correct position. However, we still had the mattress unboxed within 2 minutes.
Not sure what to expect when you order a new PlushBed mattress online? We’ve got you covered with information on their shipping, return policy, financing, and more.
|Delivery||Free delivery; arrives compressed in a box in 10-16 business days|
|Trial Period||100-night trial|
|Return Policy||Free returns from 30 to 100 days after receipt|
|Financing||Available through Klarna|
PlushBeds Mattress Shipping and Delivery
Every PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress is made to order and ships for free within the contiguous United States. From the date of purchase, it takes 7-9 business days for your new bed to ship. At this time, you will receive a tracking number so you know when to expect your mattress.
While PlushBeds doesn’t offer mattress setup or old mattress removal, they do send contact information for local craftsmen who can assist for an additional fee.
PlushBeds Mattress Sleep Trial
When you buy a mattress from PlushBeds, you can sleep on it for 100 nights before deciding if it’s your dream bed. They offer free returns, but you must keep the bed for 30 days before initiating a return. If you do decide to return your mattress before 30 days, there’s a $99 return fee.
Understand that it can take weeks for a new mattress to settle and for the body to adjust to the new feel. It’s not uncommon to wake up with minor aches and pains until you’ve been using a new mattress for up to a month.
PlushBeds Mattress Warranty
The Botanical Bliss mattress comes with a generous 25-year limited warranty. This warranty covers defects in material and workmanship.
Be sure to properly support your mattress on a sturdy base; excess sagging caused by the use of an old or worn out box spring or foundation is not covered.
To file a claim, contact PlushBeds. You can use their online chat, toll free phone number, or online form.
PlushBeds Mattress Customer Service
Getting in touch with PlushBeds customer care is easy. You can contact them using their online chat feature or by calling 1-888-281-6658 from 6 am to 9 pm PST any day of the week.
Every time we’ve had questions, PlushBeds has helped immediately. Their agents have been friendly and knowledgeable. Customers too have great things to say about PlushBeds customer service.
- “We couldn’t be happier with the customer service (Thank you Jo!) and we love our bed! -Michael R.
- “Very professional service! Thank you guys! I recommend you to my friends!” -Heather R.
PlushBeds Mattress Return Policy
PlushBeds offers a generous 100-night trial with free returns. To qualify for the free return, PlushBeds asks for you to give your new mattress a chance for at least 30 nights. It takes some time for your new mattress to break in and for your body to adjust to the new surface.
If you find that your new mattress isn’t what fits your needs, contact their customer service before 100 days to initiate the return.
Can I finance a Botanical Bliss mattress?
Yes! PlushBeds works with Klarna to make financing your new mattress easy. Just select financing when you checkout to learn more.
How does the 100-night sleep trial work?
You have 100 nights to sleep on your new Botanical Bliss mattress. If you discover that the mattress doesn’t fit your needs, you can return it for a full refund. PlushBeds does require that you keep your mattress for 30 days to give it a try, otherwise you will pay a $99 return fee.
Does the Botanical Bliss mattress have a break-in period?
Yes, all mattresses take time to reach their final comfort level. With latex foam mattresses, expect this initial period to take around 30 days. This is why PlushBeds asks that you try your new mattress for 30 days before deciding to return it.