Sleep on Latex Pure Green Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
The bottom line: The Pure Green mattress is an incredible value. It’s one of few beds that’s affordable, non-toxic, and organic. It comes in soft, medium, and firm options, making it a good choice for most sleepers. With free shipping and returns, there’s no risk to discover if this is your dream bed.
Who Is the Pure Green Mattress Best for?
|Pure Green is best for:||Pure Green may not be best for:|
The Pure Green Mattress is an all-natural mattress that made our list as one of the best latex mattresses. Made using sustainably-sourced New Zealand wool, 100% organic cotton, and natural latex foam, health-minded and eco-conscious consumers can feel good about their purchase. Learn more about this affordable, high-quality mattress to see if it’s a good fit for your needs.
What we love about the Pure Green:
- Sleep On Latex’s Pure Green Mattress gives sleepers custom firmness and thickness options. Choose between the 6″ or 8″ version of this naturally hypoallergenic mattress, and decide which of their three firmness levels works best for you.
- This is a 100% natural mattress; from an organic cotton mattress cover and wool fire barrier to the natural latex foam within, you can rest assured that you’re sleeping on one of the best mattresses for your health and that of the environment.
- The Pure Green Mattress is an incredible value. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a 100% organic mattress at a lower price point.
- Latex, cotton, and wool are breathable materials that naturally keep you cool all night long. The Pure Green mattress is an excellent choice for those who sleep hot.
- With free shipping and returns (within 100 days), you can try out this mattress with zero financial risk. You won’t pay anything unless you decide to keep it.
Take a look at our Sleep on Latex Pure Green mattress review and see how it performed in our testing to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
We scored the Pure Green mattress in different personal tests and evaluations. Each score is out of 10. The overall score is weighted and incorporates all of the mattress’s functional and performance characteristics. Here is our score breakdown.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Pure Green Mattress: 8.1/10⭐
Pure Green Performance Highlights
- Spine Alignment: When you lie down on a mattress, it must provide a balance between support and give for the body to rest naturally. The Pure Green mattress scored well in regards to spine alignment, meaning it helps your body rest in its optimal position. This can lead to less shoulder, neck, and back pain.
- Responsiveness: The Sleep on Latex mattress scored high in responsiveness. Responsiveness is a measure of how quickly a mattress adjusts when you move. In essence, it’s easy to move on a responsive mattress, making this bed an excellent choice for those who toss and turn.
- Edge Support: This mattress is supportive around the perimeter. For those who share the bed, this means extra sleeping space for a good night’s sleep.
- Shipping & Returns: Pure Green wants to remove any worry that can come from the online mattress buying experience. With free shipping and returns, you get to try out a new mattress, risk-free.
- Non-Toxic and Eco-Friendly: Every material used in the Pure Green Latex mattress is safe for your health and a good choice for the world in which we live. Their Oeko-Tex, Eco Institut, GOTS, and Greenguard Gold certifications are proof of their commitment to environmentally-friendly manufacturing and consumer safety.
- Latex is an incredibly dense and heavy material. Because this is made from layers of heavy latex, it’s hard to move around or set up without two people.
- The low profile mattress option (6”) is thin and not supportive enough for most adults. It’s best for use in a child’s room or college dorm room.
Learn everything you need to know about the Pure Green Latex mattress to decide if it’s the best fit for your individual needs and preferences.
How Firm is the Pure Green Mattress?
The Pure Green Mattress comes in three firmness levels: soft, medium, and firm. The soft is incredibly plush, the medium a good balance of give and support, and the firm around a 7.5 on the 1-10 firmness scale.
What Sleeping Position Does the Pure Green Mattress Support?
With the three firmness levels, Sleep on Latex’s mattress works for all sleep positions.
- The soft mattress is plush enough for lightweight and average weight side sleepers, gently cradling the curves to relieve pressure points.
- The medium firmness offers a balance between support and cushion that’s great for most back sleepers. Heavier side sleepers too can benefit from the balanced feel.
- The firm mattress works well for stomach sleepers who need balanced support and back sleepers who prefer a firmer feel. Plus-size stomach sleepers, however, are typically better suited by a thicker, extra-firm mattress.
Does the Pure Green Mattress Sleep Hot?
As latex mattresses are known for sleeping cool, it doesn’t come as a surprise that the Pure Green Mattress excels at temperature regulation. Wool, cotton, and latex are natural materials well-known for their breathability, encouraging a cool, dry night’s sleep.
How Much Weight Does the Pure Green Mattress Support?
While latex is a supportive material, the minimal thickness of Pure Green mattresses make them best for average to lightweight sleepers.
For the 8” option, heavier sleepers up to 275 pounds may find the comfort they need if they prefer a somewhat soft mattress. If you weigh more than 275 pounds, it can feel like you’re sinking in too far.
The low profile 6” model is best for children, teens, and lightweight adults (less than 130 lbs.).
What Foundations or Bed Frames Can be Used with Pure Green?
Pure Green works best on a platform base or slatted foundation with spacing that is 3″ apart or less. If you decide to use a box spring, it would be a good idea to add a bunky board or plywood board for extra support. These are also compatible with adjustable bed frames.
What is the Pure Green Mattress Made of?
The Sleep on Latex mattress is made up of natural latex foam layers, organic cotton, and organic wool. You can choose from either the 8” mattress or the 6” mattress and customize the level of firmness (soft, medium, or firm).
- 100% Organic Cotton Cover: The hand-quilted organic cotton cover adds soft, smooth elegance. Its stretchiness facilitates seamless movement as you reposition at night.
- Wool Batting: Below the cotton cover is a thin layer of Organic New Zealand wool. The wool adds extra cushion while acting as a natural fire barrier. Wool is also hypoallergenic and is naturally resistant to dust mites and mildew.
- Upper Comfort Layer: 2” of low ILD natural latex foam adds softness that hugs the body’s curves. This layer is only found in the 8” option.
- Base Layer: 6” of medium to high ILD natural latex foam provides strength and support in the 8” models. Softer latex is used in the 6” soft mattress.
Pure Green Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||38” x 75” x 6”
38” x 75” x 8”
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 6”
38” x 80” x 8”
|Full||54” x 75” x 6”
54” x 75” x 8”
|Full XL||54” x 80” x 6”
54” x 80” x 8”
|Queen||60” x 80” x 6”
60” x 80” x 8”
|King||76” x 80” x 6”
76” x 80” x 8”
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 6”
72” x 84” x 8”
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Pure Green mattress.
Pure Green Mattress Unboxing
The Pure Green mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation (if you’re using one), and it will spring to life.
Be aware that the mattress is heavy and hard to maneuver. It’s a bit clunky and unruly, so it’s best to have two adults set it up. And don’t open the box until you’re in your room and the box is placed where the mattress belongs.
We noticed a mild odor when we first unrolled the Pure Green mattress. Because latex is tapped from rubber trees, latex beds give off a slightly rubbery scent for the first 1-3 days. But don’t worry about the off-gassing odor; it’s natural, safe, and will fade away.
Learn what to expect when you purchase a new Pure Green Mattress from the Sleep on Latex website.
|Delivery||Ships free and arrives to your door in 3-10 business days|
|Trial Period||100 nights|
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Pure Green Mattress Shipping and Delivery
The Pure Green mattress ships free to the lower 48 states. It’s shipped the same day it’s ordered (when the order is received before 4 PM CST), ensuring that you get your new mattress quickly. Shipping can take anywhere from 3 to 10 business days.
You do not need to be at home to sign for your new mattress. However, if you would like to have a signature required, you can request this at checkout.
Sleep On Latex can ship their mattresses to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, and other countries. Speak with their customer service team to determine the shipping cost.
There is no white glove delivery service, so you’re responsible for setting up your new mattress and disposing of your old one.
Pure Green Mattress Sleep Trial
Sleep On Latex knows how important good sleep is. They offer a 100-night sleep trial to ensure that only those who love the mattress keep it. If you find that the feel isn’t quite what you expected, initiate a return within 100 days from receipt for a full refund.
While you can return a Pure Green mattress anytime within the first 100 days for a full refund, it’s recommended to sleep on a new mattress for a minimum of 30 nights before drawing conclusions. Latex foam takes time to break in, and its feel will change slightly over this period. At the same time, your body and sleep habits will shift. It’s common to feel stiff during the first week of sleeping on a new mattress, only to fall in love a few weeks later.
Pure Green Mattress Warranty
Sleep on Latex’s 10-year limited warranty is the industry standard, but it is shorter than most latex mattress warranties. During this window, Sleep on Latex will repair or replace your mattress if there is a covered defect in workmanship or materials.
Pure Green Mattress Customer Service
You can reach Sleep on Latex’s customer service team by phone or email. Their representatives are available from 9am-5pm CST Monday to Saturday. Unlike most of their competitors, Sleep on Latex doesn’t have a live chat feature on their website.
When we’ve contacted their customer service team, we’ve received prompt, helpful responses. This seems to be the consensus of customers, too. Here’s what they have to say.
- We liked the mattress a lot and it had no odor which was great. However, it was for my toddler and we found that the medium firmness we ordered was just not supportive enough for her. If we had the space we would have kept it for another room. Excellent customer service during the return process!” -Cassie S.
- We LOVE this mattress and the pillow! Things shipped incredibly quickly all the way to Hawaii, and the company was a joy to work with.” -Marielle F.
- “I ended up not keeping the mattress; it was just too firm. The refund process was extremely fast and easy. This is a very customer oriented group; impressive.” -Dave K.
Pure Green Mattress Return Policy
You can return your Pure Green mattress within 100 days of its arrival at your door, no questions asked. Sleep on Latex offers free returns, and will have someone come and pick the mattress up. Simply contact their customer service to initiate a return.
- “My husband and I both love our new Sleep on Latex bed! He is a side, stomach and sometimes back sleeper. I am a side and back sleeper. We ordered the “soft” and we both are very happy with it. We were planning to buy a different much higher priced “healthy” mattress in the future and were so thankful to hear about Sleep on Latex. It’s a great price for a great bed!” -Catherine G.
- “I did a lot of research before purchasing this mattress. I’m very happy I settled on this one. Our first night, I was worried we might have made a mistake, but I think it was getting used to sleeping on latex. We have had noticeably better sleep since. Highly recommend.” -Daniela P.
- “We loved this mattress so much, we bought another one. Medium queen mattress with a soft 2 inch topper lets me sleep like a champ!” -Jim C.
- “Purchased a firm twin size mattress for my toddler’s big girl bed and couldn’t be happier. I was concerned that it would be too firm, but that is not an issue at all. Very comfortable. She loves it!” -Hedrick
Can I finance my new Pure Green mattress?
You can finance your new latex mattress. Sleep on Latex partners with Affirm. Simply select this option at checkout.
Is the mattress ready to sleep on right away?
Yes! Unlike memory foam mattresses that need a few days to expand and air out, latex mattresses can be slept on the same day you receive them.
Can I find the Pure Green mattress at a showroom?
No, Sleep on Latex only sells their mattresses online, directly to you, the consumer. By cutting out expensive showroom costs, sales fees, and middlemen costs, Sleep on Latex delivers high-quality at extremely competitive prices.
You May Also Like...
Birch Mattress Review
Firmness: Medium-firm: 7/10
Trial Period: 100 days
Warranty: 25-year warranty
Summary: All natural hybrid mattress for all sleepers
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Mattress Review
Firmness: Customizable firmness anywhere from 5-9 out of 10
Trial Period: 100 days
Warranty: 25-year manufacturer's warranty
Summary: All-natural APRICO organic latex mattress made with organic wool at cotton.
Nectar Mattress Review
Firmness: Medium-firm: 5.5-6/10
Trial Period: 365 days
Warranty: Lifetime warranty as long as you own the mattress
Summary: Affordable quality mattress with excellent trial period
Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex Mattress Review
Firmness: Available in plush, medium and firm
Trial Period: 100 days
Warranty: Limited-lifetime warranty
Summary: Natural hybrid mattress that's great for side sleepers and those with allergies.