Saatva Latex Hybrid Mattress Review
Saatva Latex Hybrid Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: October 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.9/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.9/10|
|✔️Firmness: Medium Firm|
|✔️Free White Glove Delivery|
|✔️365-Night Sleep Trial|
Get 15% off
The Bottom Line: The Saatva Latex Hybrid is an expertly built mattress constructed of non-toxic, organic, environmentally friendly materials. It scored highly on nearly all of our lab tests and Saatva’s free white glove delivery makes set-up a breeze.
Who Will Like the Saatva Latex Hybrid Mattress?
|Saatva Latex Hybrid is best for:||Saatva Latex Hybrid may not be best for:|
We have a lot of good things to say about the Saatva Latex Hybrid. The Saatva Classic is one of the best hybrid mattresses, and the Latex Hybrid model performed as well better in almost every category. It is made from high-quality, organic materials that relieve pressure, respond to movement, and keep you cool throughout the night. It’s very comfortable and one of our top-rated latex mattresses.
Keep reading to find out more.
What Stands Out About the Saatva Latex Hybrid:
- The hybrid build encourages consistent airflow, which makes it quite breathable, so you shouldn’t overheat while you sleep.
- Saatva includes white-glove delivery for free with your purchase, which means that representatives will remove your old mattress and set up your new Saatva.
- The cotton, wool, and latex used in its construction are certified organic and naturally hypoallergenic.
- Since Saatva uses natural latex, which is known to be more durable than traditional memory foam, you can expect to have this mattress for a very long time.
Related: Latex Mattress Pros and Cons
In order to grade mattresses comprehensively, we put them through a series of tests in our on-site sleep lab and conduct research on the companies and their policies. The individual test scores are then averaged together for an overall score. For more about our review process, click here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Mattress Advisor Score for the Saatva Latex Hybrid: 8.9/10⭐
Saatva Latex Hybrid Pros and Cons
- Responsiveness: Combinations sleepers, rejoice! High responsiveness means that this mattress does a good job of keeping up with and adapting to your movements throughout the night.
- Cooling: The Latex Hybrid scored an 8.5 in cooling, which means hot sleepers shouldn’t have to worry about kicking off their covers throughout the night. That said, the cotton mattress cover was not quite cool to the touch.
- Durability: We found the Saatva Latex Hybrid to be very sturdy, so you likely won’t have to worry about it falling apart on you (or under you) a few years in. But just in case, Saatva does provide a lifetime warranty.
- Made in the USA: Saatva mattresses are made in the USA. Check out our article on the benefits of buying a mattress made in the U.S.
- Price: Those who are shopping on a budget probably won’t find what they’re looking for in this mattress, as a queen-size costs $2,195.
- Delivery Time: Since each Saatva mattress is handcrafted, it may take a little longer than some other mattress companies—but many customers say that it’s well worth the wait.
If you sleep with a partner or have rambunctious pets, you’re likely familiar with the annoying feeling of being woken up by their movements. Some beds, especially those with innerspring construction, reverberate movement rather than absorb it.
For us, this was not a problem with the Saatva Latex Hybrid. We found that human motion was barely noticeable, even while we were blindfolded, meaning that this mattress excels at motion isolation. It even kept a glass of wine from spilling.
Ever roll out of bed too fast and get dizzy? Your response is probably to quickly plop down on the edge of your bed for a few seconds to get your bearings. When this happens, it is important that the edge of your bed is sturdy, so that it doesn’t sag uncomfortably under your weight.
Well, reader, we are happy to report that the Saatva Latex Hybrid scored a solid 9 out of 10 on the edge support test. With this mattress, you can sit or lie on the furthest reaches of your bed without fear of slipping off.
The Saatva supported sensitive pressure points like our hips and shoulders, regardless of what sleeping positions we took. The pressure maps below may help you get a better sense of how supportive this mattress is. Lots of blue and green is a good thing, red is a bad thing.
The Saatva Latex Hybrid is a nice, universally appealing 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, making it a medium-firm mattress.
Is It Right for My Sleeping Position?
The medium-firm feel makes this mattress versatile for all types of sleeping positions. Below is a detailed explanation of why it suits each position.
- Side Sleepers: The Saatva Latex Hybrid’s firmness level allows side sleepers’ hips and shoulders to sink into the surface just far enough to provide pressure relief, but not far enough to make it difficult to get out of bed.
- Back Sleepers: Like side sleepers, back sleepers will likely appreciate the not-too-soft surface of this bed.
- Stomach Sleepers: The Saatva kept our spine pretty well aligned while we were on our stomachs, which should keep stomach sleepers’ lower backs free of aches and pains.
- Combination Sleepers: Responsiveness is key for combination sleepers since it allows them to move around freely and settle in comfortably. In this category, the Saatva scored an impressive 9/10.
Does the Mattress Stay Cool?
It does indeed! Unlike many hybrid mattresses, the Saatva Latex Hybrid contains no memory foam layers, only wool, latex, and a coil system. For this reason, there’s very little opportunity for heat to get trapped.
What Body Types Does it Support?
The Latex Hybrid supports up to 800 lbs total, or 400 lbs per side, so most body types can be accommodated.
What Foundations/Bed Frames Can I Use?
Any foundation or bed frame can be used with the Saatva Latex Hybrid, including an adjustable base.
Some Information About Saatva Latex Hybrid Construction
The Saatva Latex Hybrid is built with health and comfort in mind. All the nontoxic materials work together to create a luxury mattress.
- Organic Cotton Cover – A soft, hypoallergenic cover treated with Saatva’s proprietary antimicrobial formula wraps the Latex Hybrid mattress.
- Organic Wool Layer – The top layer consists of 100% organic wool that helps prevent fire and promotes breathability.
- Talalay Latex Layer – This layer has a conforming material that acts as cushioning and helps prevent back pain.
- Quantum-Edge Coil Unit – A coil layer that provides contouring and helps prevent motion transfer.
- Organic Eco Loft Pad – The Saatva Latex Hybrid ends with a support layer that provides structure and durability for the mattress.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||77 lbs||$1,295|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||85 lbs||$1,495|
|Full||54″ x 75″||100 lbs||$1,995|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||120 lbs||$2,195|
|King||76″ x 80″||150 lbs||$2,595|
|Split King||76″ x 80″||148 lbs||$2,990|
|California King||72″ x 84″||170 lbs||$2,595|
*Prices listed do not include exclusive Mattress Advisor discount. Check price using the button below for the best Saatva deals.
Here is everything that you can expect when shopping with Saatva.
Free white glove delivery within the contiguous USA, delivered in 9-21 days
Full refund within 365 days; $99 for shipping
Available through Affirm
How Shipping Works
As opposed to most online mattress companies, Saatva does not ship your compressed bed in a box. But have no fear; you will not need to lug a cumbersome, unpackaged mattress through your halls or up your staircase. Saatva offers free white glove delivery, meaning two professionals will install your new mattress rather than just leave it on your porch. As such, you do need to be home when your mattress is delivered. Delivery typically takes 9-21 days, which is slightly longer than some other mattress companies.
The Saatva Sleep Trial
Saatva provides customers a 365-night sleep trial to get familiar with their new bed. If at any time during your 365-night trial you decide you are dissatisfied with the mattress, you may return it for a full refund. Someone will be sent to your home or apartment to pick it up, but you will be charged $99 for mattress removal, shipping, and handling.
The Saatva Warranty
Describing its policy as the “friendliest warranty” in the mattress industry, Saatva provides a lifetime warranty on your Latex Hybrid. For the first two years of the warranty, Saatva will replace your mattress with a new one if they determine that it is defective. For the following 13 years, Saatva will repair your defective mattress for a transportation charge of $198.
In addition to the warranty, Saatva offers a “Fairness Replacement Option” for years 3-15. With this, you may choose to keep your old, defective mattress and purchase a new one for a fraction of the original cost. In years 3-5, you will pay 40% of the original price; in years 6-10 they will charge you 60%; and in years 11-15 you will be charged 80%. No matter the year, you will also be charged $99 for shipping and handling.
How to Reach Customer Service
The customer service team is available 24/7 and can be reached in a number of ways:
- Via phone at 1-877-672-2882
- Via email at email@example.com
- Via web chat on their website, saatva.com
The Saatva Return Policy
You may return your mattress at any point during your 365-night trial. To initiate a return, call the Saatva customer service team and they will schedule a time to pick up your mattress. You will receive a full refund and only be charged $99 for labor and shipping. Once they pick up your mattress, Saatva will not resell it. Instead, they will offer them to employees or associates, or donate them to veterans’ shelters.
Is the Saatva Latex Hybrid the Right Choice?
There isn’t much bad to say about the Saatva Latex Hybrid. It is very comfortable; it is made from organic, healthy, environmentally friendly materials; and the delivery process is a breeze. Thanks to its medium-firm comfort level, the bed works for pretty much any sleeping position, making it a great choice for couples who prefer different sleeping positions. If you are in the market for a slightly higher-end mattress, then you should strongly consider this one.
On the other hand, if you are shopping on a budget, then the latex hybrid may be out of your price range. Check out our roundup of the best mattresses under $1,000 for some more affordable options. The Saatva Latex Hybrid also takes longer to arrive than some other mattresses, so if you’re in a hurry, you may want to find a company with a quicker delivery time.
Saatva Latex Hybrid Comparisons
Saatva Latex Hybrid vs Other Organic Mattresses
Like the Saatva, the Avocado mattress is built from organic materials like natural latex, wool, and cotton. They have the same firmness level, and come in at a very similar price point. The Saatva scored higher on all of our lab tests aside from spine alignment. Check out our full Avocado Green mattress review for more information.
Saatva Latex Hybrid vs Other Saatva Models
The Saatva mattress brand offers a handful of different models, all of which boast unique features. Whether you’re after a hybrid innerspring mattress, an all-foam mattress, or an adjustable air bed, there is just about something for every kind of sleeper.
- Latex Hybrid vs Saatva Classic – The original Saatva is available in three different firmness options and has a luxury euro pillow top. It is the most affordable Saatva mattress. Check out our full Saatva Classic mattress review to find out how we liked it.
- Latex Hybrid vs Saatva HD – The Saatva HD is also a hybrid. It contains a layer of steel coils with comfort layers of foam and latex on top. Read our full Saatva HD mattress review for more info.
- Latex Hybrid vs Saatva Solaire – The Solaire is an adjustable air bed with 50 different firmness levels. It can be programmed for those who prefer a softer mattress, a firmer mattress, and everything in between. If you’re interested in customization, take a look at our full Saatva Solaire mattress review.
- Latex Hybrid vs Zenhaven – The Zenhaven is composed of all-natural latex and can be flipped for your preferred firmness option. One side is plush soft and the other side is luxury firm. Check out our full Zenhaven mattress review for more.
- Latex Hybrid vs Loom & Leaf – As opposed to a hybrid, the Loom & Leaf is an entirely memory foam mattress. The price is slightly lower than that of the Latex Hybrid. Check out our full Loom & Leaf mattress review if this sounds like the best mattress for you.
- Latex Hybrid vs Saatva Youth – Saatva didn’t forget your little ones. The Saatva Youth is a dual-sided mattress designed to help growing kids get the sleep they need. Learn more in our full Saatva Youth mattress review.
Saatva Latex vs. Other Mattresses
Saatva Latex Hybrid vs. WinkBed
|Criteria||Saatva Latex Hybrid||WinkBed|
|Mattress Advisor Score||8.9/10||8.6/10|
|Firmness||Medium-Firm (6.5/10)||Varies (5 to 8/10)|
|Who’s It Best For?||
The Saatva Latex Hybrid is an eco-friendly mattress that’s a great choice for back and combination sleepers. It feels springy, medium-firm, and extra cooling. The WinkBeds mattress comes in a variety of firmness options, which makes it a better fit for side or stomach sleepers who need softer or firmer support than the Saatva offers.
A big difference between these beds is that the WinkBeds mattress comes in a box, and the Saatva mattress is delivered uncompressed. If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of unboxing and set-up, the Saatva might be a better option for you. On the other hand, if a boxed mattress is more convenient, the WinkBed is the better pick. Both beds are durable and supportive, so you can’t go wrong either way.
Check out our full WinkBeds vs Saatva mattress comparison.
Saatva Latex Hybrid vs. DreamCloud
|Criteria||Saatva Latex Hybrid||DreamCloud|
|Mattress Advisor Score||8.9/10||9/10|
|Firmness||Medium-Firm: (6.5/10)||Medium-Firm: (6.5/10)|
|Who’s It Best For?||
The Saatva Latex Hybrid and DreamCloud are both medium-firm hybrid mattresses with springy, responsive feels. You’ll feel well supported and “on top of” your mattress on either bed. But, the Saatva is slightly bouncier and more cooling than the DreamCloud. That makes it a better pick for hot sleepers and combination sleepers. Eco-conscious shoppers may also prefer the organic materials in the Saatva.
On the other hand, the DreamCloud has a more traditional feel. If you like a little bit of body contouring, stick to the DreamCloud mattress. This bed might also be a better pick for older adults who are used to the feel of an innerspring mattress. The DreamCloud may also be a slightly better fit for sleepers with back pain, because it offers more pressure relief at the lower back than the Saatva.
Check out our full DreamCloud vs. Saatva mattress comparison.
Where can I try the Saatva Latex mattress in person?
Saatva does have a showroom located at 969 Third Ave in New York City. If you are nearby, stop in and try out any of Saatva’s mattresses or bedding products. If you cannot make it to New York, the 365 night sleep trial affords you the opportunity to give the Latex Hybrid a whirl before making any concrete decisions.
What kind of discounts does Saatva offer?
If you are a first responder, teacher, or member of the military, you qualify for a $225 discount on your mattress. Simply check the “Discount for Military, First Responders, and Teachers” box at checkout and be ready to present your ID.
Is the Saatva mattress made out of latex?
The Saatva Latex is a hybrid mattress that contains both innersprings, latex, and foam layers.