Hybrid: coil on coil and memory foam with euro pillow-top
Available in plush soft: 3/10; luxury firm: 5.5-6.5/10; and firm: 8/10
15-year limited warranty
Customizable luxury hybrid mattress
- Saatva is one of those mattresses that has all the bells and whistles: it’s customizable, made with quality materials and it’s eco-friendly (although not 100% green).
- This mattress is known for having great edge and lumbar support.
- When you buy a Saatva mattress, you can customize the height, firmness and size of your mattress, as well as the height of your foundation (if you choose to buy one through Saatva).
- Saatva also offers free in-home set-up for your new mattress and removal for your old mattress to help make the transition to your new mattress easier.
Mattress Advisor score for the Saatva
Here’s how the Saatva mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the Saatva mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.1 / 10
Saatva mattress review
Take a look at our Saatva mattress review and see how it performed in our testing to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
If your box spring/foundation is in very good condition, meaning it’s sturdy and has absolutely no sagging, it should work fine with the Saatva mattress. Your mattress warranty remains in place even when using your own foundation/ box spring.
Saatva also sells an adjustable base, foundation and metal frame that are all compatible with this mattress. You can choose to add these on to your purchase at checkout.
What makes Saatva different from other mattresses?
The Saatva mattress is handcrafted in independent, American factories. The mattress is made with quality materials such as organic cotton, a plant-based natural thistle, eco-friendly foams using at least 30% soy or corn oil, and recycled steel rod coil units.
While the mattress isn’t 100% organic, it is free of any harmful chemicals. In fact, you will find natural tickings on the cover of the Saatva mattress from the organic cotton material used to make it – Saatva does not use any chemical processing to rid of these markings.
Something else that’s unique about Saatva is its dual support coil system. As you can see in our “look inside” below, Saatva uses two layers of coils in the construction of the mattress – making it more durable and able to support more body weight over time.
From a convenience standpoint, Saatva is one of the few mattress companies to offer free white glove delivery and mattress removal. While other brands offer these services, they often come at an additional cost to the customer.
What to watch out for
- If you decide to return your Saatva mattress, you will get your money back, minus a $99 return fee.
Saatva sizes available
- Twin: $599
- Twin XL: $699
- Full: $849
- Queen: $999
- King: $1399
- Cal King: $1399
A look inside
The Saatva has a lot going on inside: there are 5 different premium material layers that make up the mattress including a coil on coil construction, memory foam and a euro pillow-top. You also have the option of choosing plush soft, luxury firm or firm.
- Plush soft: preferred by side sleepers and occasional back sleepers, great if you like feeling enveloped in your mattress
- Luxury firm: *most popular* preferred by all types of sleepers, great if you tend to switch positions in the night
- Firm: preferred by back and stomach sleepers, great if you like the feeling of floating on your mattress (instead of sinking into it)
What Saatva customers have to say
Saatva mattress reviews on comfort:
- “Most comfortable mattress we’ve ever slept on, even ones that were much more expensive! Just firm enough without being too hard, and the extra support mid-back is a little bit of heaven. Ordering was easy, follow up was appropriate, and delivery was on time. They actually did wear gloves when delivering. We would definitely recommend this product to anyone.”
- “My mattress came in a timely manner as promised, was set up by the professionals they contract with here in my city, and I could not be happier. It is everything I’d hoped it would be and better. I cannot wait to sleep on it every evening. Believe me, this mattress is as good or better than they advertise it to be. The comfort is phenomenal.” – N Malenke
Saatva mattress reviews from customers with back and joint pain:
- “Considering that Merlin’s -my wife- shoulders suddenly ceased numbing the very first night she slept on it and my lower back -L5 fusion- discontinued aching every single morning since it arrived, one cannot give Saatva any less than the full star general line up of five. It just would not be fair.”
- “We got our mattress a few days ago. My wife has been suffering from lumbar back issues for over a year. We have tried IComfort, Stearns and Foster, and Beauty Rest mattresses. We even slept on an inflatable Coleman Mattress with a futon pad. Nothing worked. The Saatva Luxury Firm mattress has made a remarkable difference in my wife’s back pain. I sleep like a rock on it too! Wonderful company, speedy delivery, and great price. Have already recommended it to multiple friends. Thanks for producing a quality product, in America for a great price point. Thanks for the peace you have given to us.”
- “For the first time in years I could sleep on my stomach and sides without pain, numbness and tingling! I forgot to mention that I am loaded with atthritis and within the last 9 years have had to have 2 back surgeries, 2 knee replacements and a right hip replacement. Bottom line…I sleep like a baby on this mattress and I am so happy I decided to take a “leap of faith” and trust the company and their incredible customer service and return policy. Thanks Saatva!” – Joyce S.
Saatva mattress reviews on sleep quality:
- “This was the best decision ever. I received it sooner than expected and we love it. No more aches and pains when we get up in the morning.
According to a tracking device I recently received, I was getting an average of 3 – 4 hours of sleep every night. Now with the new Saatva, I am getting 6 – 7 hours of sleep per night.” – Carla R.
- “We have had nearly a week on our new bed and noticed how we barely moved during the night. No need to toss and turn anymore from an uncomfortable bed. We would highly recommend these beds and would purchase another one when the time comes. Note that this bed as we ordered it is quite high which we love. It needs a 108″ x 96″ quilt to cover all sides at the bed skirt line.” – MA Nagel
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
Delivery of the Saatva mattress can take up to 15 days, but it comes with free white-glove delivery and set-up. Saatva will also remove your old mattress at no cost if you have one to get rid of.
If you decide the Saatva is not right for you within your 120-day home trial period, it can be returned for a full and prompt refund of the purchase price, less a $99 handling fee.
The Saatva comes with a 15-year limited warranty.
For spills and stains, you can spot treat the area with mild detergent and cool water.
- Made in the USA.
- While Saatva isn’t 100% organic, it’s still pretty green. It’s made with an organic cotton cover blended with hypoallergenic fibers, recycled steel innerspring, and CeriPUR-US certified foam. You can learn more about the eco-friendly materials used here.
Saatva mattress FAQs
How does the 120-night trial work?
From the day you receive your Saatva mattress, you will have 120 days to sleep on it in your own home and determine if you’d like to keep the mattress. If you decide to return your mattress, Saatva will come pick it up from your home and work to donate your mattress to a local charity in need. Saatva will refund all your money excluding the $99 transportation cost.
Does the Saatva mattress have a break-in period?
It does – in fact, all mattresses do! It can take up to 30 days to fully break in your new mattress. During this time, your body will get used to the new mattress feel and the mattress will have time to fully take shape and provide all the benefits it was designed to offer.
Can I finance my Saatva mattress?
You can finance your Saatva mattress through Klarna for as little as 0% APR for 6 months if you pay in full. To see if you qualify for financing, all you need to do is answer a few simple questions and you’ll get an instant response. Learn more about Saatva’s financing options here.
Will I need to flip my Saatva mattress?
You won’t and you shouldn’t! The Saatva mattress is meant to be used on one side only. Saatva does make another mattress, called the ZenHaven, which can be flipped and used on both sides – one side is firmer than the other. To learn more about the ZenHaven mattress, you can check out our review below.
How long will my Saatva mattress last?
The Saatva mattress is built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage.
Other products sold by Saatva
- Saatva also offers an adjustable base called The Lineal ($1,399 for queen), and an additional foundation or stationary frame ($250 for queen foundation / $99 for queen frame).
If you have more questions about our Saatva mattress review, leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the Saatva mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.