Saatva Solaire Mattress Review
Saatva Solaire Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: January 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.6/10|
|✔️Type: Adjustable Airbed|
|✔️Firmness: 50 Custom Firmness Levels|
|✔️Free White Glove Delivery|
|✔️365-Night Sleep Trial|
Save $300 – $500
The Bottom Line: There is truly nothing like the Saatva Solaire adjustable air bed. With 50 different firmness levels to choose from and luxurious comfort, the Solaire would satisfy many different kinds of sleepers. The free white glove delivery and premium materials are the cherry on top of this well-rounded mattress.
Our unbiased Saatva Solaire mattress review covers who this mattress is best for, its construction, firmness, cooling factors, and more.
Who Is the Saatva Solaire Mattress Best for?
|Saatva Solaire is best for:||Saatva Solaire may not be best for:|
As one of our best mattresses for adjustable beds, the Saatva Solaire adjustable air bed does not disappoint. The Solaire uses unique technology to deliver full-body support, and the customizable firmness gives you full control so you can find your ideal comfort level.
Made from safe, high-quality materials, the Saatva Solaire matches up with sleepers of any position, along with couples who have different preferences. It also earned a spot on our list of best smart beds.
Our Favorite Things About the Saatva Solaire
- The Saatva Solaire uses eco-friendly materials to guarantee not only a comfortable night’s rest, but a healthy one as well. The organic cotton cover is hypoallergenic and treated with antimicrobial properties, while the memory foam layer is CertiPUR-US certified, meaning it’s made without heavy metals or ozone depleters.
- Complete customization is what you’re in store for when you purchase the Saatva Solaire. Choose from 50 different firmness options at the flick of your remote to find the right feel for you.
- Free white glove delivery and a lifetime warranty make purchasing the Solaire a no-brainer. Combined with their excellent customer service team, Saatva provides you with the most relaxed online mattress buying experience ever.
Below, you will see our scores for each test and evaluation we performed on the Saatva Solaire mattress. Our weighted total score incorporates all of these ratings for both mattress performance and customer experience. Check out our review process here!
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Saatva Solaire: 8.6/10⭐
Saatva Solaire Testing Highlights
- 5-Zoned Support: The Saatva Solaire features an innovative 5-zone latex design that relieves pressure on the back. This unique lumbar support technology has even been approved by the Congress of Chiropractic State Associations.
- Free White Glove Service: The only thing better than free delivery… is free white glove delivery. This makes the entire delivery and setup process a cakewalk for you; all you have to do is let the Saatva delivery team in, and kick back and relax while your new mattress comes to life.
- Adjustable Firmness: You can’t beat a mattress with 50 different firmness settings. This gives you total control over the feel of your mattress and allows you to personalize your mattress depending on your specific sleep position and preference.
- Motion Transfer: The Saatva Solaire does an incredible job of isolating motion—great news for couples and co-sleepers! You can enjoy a restful night’s sleep without being disturbed by your partner’s movements.
Related: Best Mattresses for Couples
- Temporary “New Mattress” Smell: Be aware that your Solaire mattress may have a mild scent at first. This is normal and should dissipate quickly.
- Cost: The price tag isn’t the most budget-friendly; however, you’re paying for quality and customization. Constructed from high-quality materials and premium service, you definitely get your money’s worth with the Solaire. Also, compared to the Solaire’s competitor Sleep Number, the Solaire is much more affordable with just as many bells and whistles.
- Sheet Compatibility: You have to buy a custom-fitted sheet to properly fit the shape of the Solaire, due to the nature of the upper flex design.
- Shipping: Saatva Solaire mattresses can take up to 4 weeks to arrive, which can be a long time to wait if you’re looking for a bed right away.
Now we’ll take a further look at everything you need to know about the Saatva Solaire mattress. We’ll cover practical details like the construction of the mattress and what sleeping position the Solaire best supports.
How Firm is Saatva Solaire?
The Saatva Solaire features customizable firmness with 50 different firmness settings to choose from. All you have to do is select whichever setting you wish on your remote. Each side of the mattress comes with a remote, so if you sleep with a partner you can each pick your own firmness setting. The firmness is measured by millimeters of Mercury, which is the most exact way to adjust comfort.
Is Saatva Solaire Good For Your Sleeping Position?
Because the Solaire allows you to have full control over the firmness settings, this mattress can accommodate any sleep position. Back sleepers would enjoy the higher firmness settings to maintain spine alignment and proper support, and the memory foam layers would also cradle your back and relieve pressure points, so you really get the best of both in terms of comfort and support.
This is a top mattress for side sleepers who will appreciate the softer firmness settings for greater pressure relief and cradling. Similar to back sleepers, stomach sleepers would also feel well-supported by the higher firmness settings, which would help prevent hip sinkage. So, we feel comfortable recommending it as a top mattress for back sleepers and a top mattress for stomach sleepers if you like some of the other features that come with the Solaire.
The Solaire is also a good bed for people who switch positions (combination sleepers) who could make the bed more plush or more firm depending on their personal preference. The Solaire boasts advanced motion isolation, benefitting couples who are combination sleepers by preventing any sleep disturbances caused by a partner changing positions.
Also, if you frequently find yourself sleeping on the side of the bed or at the edge, the Solaire provides phenomenal edge support so that you can feel supported no matter where you’re at on the mattress.
Is The Saatva Solaire Mattress Cooling?
Hot sleepers, listen up! The Saatva Solaire scored impressively high for cooling and features a breathable top layer, designed to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
How Much Weight Does Saatva Solaire Support?
The Saatva Solaire can hold 800 lbs on each side, or 1,600 lbs total (only recommended for queen size or larger) meaning this mattress can support sleepers of many different body types and weights.
Saatva Solaire Bed Frame Compatibility
This adjustable air bed can work on a variety of bases that provide little to no flex, such as a box spring, platform bed, or slatted bed frame. Customers also have the option to purchase the Lineal Adjustable Base with their Solaire mattress, which features zero-gravity support, wave massage, and under-bed illumination. This base is compatible with most open bed frames or can be used entirely on its own.
Saatva Solaire Mattress Construction
With 6 unique performance materials working together, the Saatva Solaire provides maximum comfort and support. The airflow remote allows you to control the comfort and firmness level of the mattress, giving you the ultimate customized sleep experience.
- Organic Cotton Pillow Top: A quilted top that adds cushioning for comfort and support; wrapped in a breathable, organic cover.
- 5-Zone Talalay Latex: This dense latex layer offers zoned support and pressure relief for the back and is naturally hypoallergenic.
- Gel-Infused Memory Foam: Saatva uses CertiPUR-US approved foam to keep you cool and offer spinal support by contouring to your body.
- Moisture Barrier: This layer ensures a healthy sleep by protecting inner components from bacteria growth.
- Vulcanized Air Chambers: Saatva uses a multi-directional box baffle design to provide full-body support, no matter the firmness level.
- Power Edge Enclosure: The power edge enclosure secures the perimeter by providing support, while its in-rail air inflator operates quietly and invisibly.
Saatva offers traditional mattress sizes, along with split kings and split California Kings. For queen and king sizes, customers can choose for a standard mattress or pay an additional $600-$700 for a split top.
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″ x 13″||85 lbs||$2,325|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 13″||106 lbs||$3,195|
|Queen||60″ x 80″ x 13″||114 lbs||$3,345|
|King||76″ x 80″ x 13″||135 lbs||$3,895|
|Split King (2 Twin XLs)||38″ x 80″ x 13″||85 lbs (x2)||$4,650|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 13″||135 lbs||$3,895|
|Split Cal King||72″ x 84″ x 13″||135 lbs||$4,750|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Saatva Solaire mattress.
Unboxing The Saatva Solaire Mattress
When it comes to unboxing the Saatva Solaire, Saatva will handle most of the labor for you. Saatva offers free white glove delivery and setup, meaning a company representative will unbox and set up your new mattress for you. All you have to do is open the door, indicate where you would like your mattress, and then sit back and relax.
Saatva will also ensure the mattress’s air chambers are receiving proper airflow. There is no off-gassing when you first unbox the mattress, but there is a mild scent. However, this is harmless and will dissipate quickly. Saatva’s in-room setup also includes removal of your old mattress and foundation.
Thinking of purchasing the Saatva Solaire? Keep reading for all the purchasing details you need to know, including what the delivery process is like and how long the warranty is good for.
|Delivery||Free white glove delivery and set-up|
|Trial Period||365 nights|
|Return Policy||$99 fee for returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Saatva Shipping and Delivery
Saatva delivers to the continental U.S. and can arrange for delivery through a freight forwarder in Seattle or California for those living in Hawaii or Alaska. They do not ship to Canada.
The Saatva Solaire typically takes anywhere from 1-4 weeks to be delivered. Not only is delivery free, it includes free setup of the mattress as well. Saatva will call you the day before your delivery date to give you a 4-hour time window so you can figure out the best time to have your mattress delivered and set up. When it comes to mattress removal, Saatva has you covered; they will remove your old mattress at no cost to you.
The Solaire comes with a 365-night sleep trial, meaning you have a whole year to try out the mattress and decide if it’s the right fit for you. Within those 365 days, you can return your mattress for a full refund minus a $99 transportation fee. The trial starts the day your mattress is delivered.
Saatva Solaire Mattress Warranty
Your Saatva Solaire lifetime warranty is among the most generous warranties among airbeds, to mention the entire mattress industry. If your mattress is found to be defective, Saatva also offers a unique “Fairness Replacement Option.” This option allows you to hold on to your original mattress, while Saatva delivers and installs a brand new Saatva mattress for 40% of the original price of the mattress in years 3-5 of your warranty. As the years in your warranty pass by, the percentage of the original price you paid increases.
Your warranty will remain valid if the mattress has been used on an adjustable base or a platform bed with either a solid surface or slats spaced less than 4” apart. Your warranty is only valid to the original purchaser of the mattress. If your mattress has been tampered with, burned, or otherwise damaged, the warranty is void.
To submit a claim, you can reach Saatva at 1-877-672-2882. This takes you to their 24/7 concierge service. For full details, see the Saatva warranty page on the website.
Saatva Customer Service
We gave Saatva an impressive 9 out of 10 for customer service, so needless to say, you will be well taken care of when you purchase from Saatva! To contact Saatva’s customer service, you can call them at 877-672-1882 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Saatva also offers a 24/7 chat feature on their site should you have any immediate questions while browsing. Check out what some Saatva customers had to say about their customer service experience:
- “We went through several mattresses before we purchased a Saatva. We are extremely happy with it. Beyond that customer service was A+++++. That was a big point in purchasing this mattress. No ifs ands or buts. Everyone at customer service really helped us through the nightmare process. Thank You Saatva.”- Cindy L.
- “This is the best mattress I have ever owned!!! Literally, I love everything about this company. Customer service is excellent, they would answer any questions you have with their 24/7 service.”- Danny
Saatva Return Policy
If you find that the Saatva Solaire is not for you, you can return your mattress within the 180-night trial for a full refund. Saatva will come to remove the mattress for you, but you do have to pay a $99 transportation fee. Saatva donates returned mattresses to veterans’ shelters or offers them to their employees.
To initiate a return, you must contact Saatva’s customer service at 1-877-672-2882. All returns must be made over the phone. You can expect to receive a refund anywhere between 7-14 days after you initiate the return.
- “Best air bed on the market. This bed is like sleeping on a fluffy cloud. Amazing product. Really, the quality of the materials used and the features it offers are unparalleled.” – James M.
- “The product is unrivaled. Just superior in every way! We enjoy the most restful sleep EVER!” – Nadine H.
- “I thought I would need hip replacement just two months ago. In less than a week with this bed, all hip pain is gone, as well as back pain. Same with my husband.” – Kathy G.
- “My husband and I have very different needs when it comes to our mattress – he likes to sink into his mattress and I like my side to be more firm. Solaire is exactly what we both need to get a good night’s sleep.” – Summer P.
Should You Buy the Saatva Solaire?
If you’re looking for a mattress you can have total control over, the Saatva Solaire is your best bet. With customizable firmness and elevation settings, you can completely personalize the Saatva Solaire to your specific sleep needs.
The Solaire also has an impressive batch of noteworthy features with the 5-zoned support and advanced cooling technology. With phenomenal customer service, free white glove delivery, and a lifetime warranty, it’s safe to say you will be well taken care of with the Solaire. This is a really well-rounded mattress that gives you a little bit of everything, but it does come at a higher price tag.
Therefore, those on a tighter budget may find the Saatva Solaire too pricey. However, Helix is a more affordable alternative to the Saatva Solaire, and still allows you great customization. Helix uses a Color-MATCH system sleep quiz to personally match you to what you need. Read our full Helix Mattress review to learn more about their most popular mattress.
Saatva Solaire Mattress Comparisons
Saatva Solaire vs. WinkBed
|Mattress Advisor Score||8.6/10||8.6/10|
|Firmness||50 Custom Levels||Three Firmness Levels|
|Who’s It Best For?||
The WinkBed and Saatva Solaire both offer a variety of different firmness levels, which means sleepers of all positions should be happy on these beds. But if you’d like an adjustable mattress, the Solaire is the way to go. This high-end adjustable bed features innovative 5-zoned support and allows you to adjust it to exactly the right firmness level for your needs, which makes it ideal for people with back pain.
On the other hand, the WinkBed comes in a softer, luxury firm, and extra firm model, so you are locked into your firmness level once you choose a bed. The WinkBed also has more of a traditional feel than the Solaire, which could give it an edge with older sleepers who are used to innerspring beds. Finally, the WinkBed is more responsive than the Solaire, which makes it better for combination sleepers but not as good for couples.
Check out our full WinkBeds vs Saatva mattress comparison to see how the Saatva Classic hybrid stacks up against the WinkBed.
Saatva Solaire vs. DreamCloud
|Mattress Advisor Score||8.6/10||9/10|
|Firmness||50 Custom Levels||Medium-Firm: (6.5/10)|
|Who’s It Best For?||
DreamCloud is a medium-firm hybrid mattress with a responsive, supportive feel. It’s a solid choice for back sleepers, combination sleepers, and anyone who likes the feel of a classic innerspring mattress. This high-quality bed is also quite affordable, which makes it a great choice for folks looking for a durable mattress that won’t break the bank.
On the other hand, if you’re in the market for a luxury adjustable mattress, the Saatva Solaire is the way to go. The Solaire offers 50 different firmness levels and allows you to adjust its elevation. So if you’re looking for supreme customization, the Solaire is the best pick. The Saatva Solaire also comes with complimentary white glove delivery and a lifetime warranty, giving shoppers the full luxury experience. If you have unique firmness needs or are ready to splurge, the Solaire is the bed for you.
Check out our full DreamCloud vs Saatva mattress comparison to see how the Saatva Classic stacks up against the DreamCloud.
If you like Saatva but aren’t sure if this mattress is right for you, check out our comparison articles:
Other Saatva Mattress Reviews
Saatva Bedding Reviews
Do I need batteries for the Saatva Solaire remote controls?
Nope! The remotes are already wired to the Solaire mattress.
Will I need to flip my Saatva Solaire mattress?
No, and in fact you shouldn’t. The Solaire mattress is not designed to be flipped or rotated.
Is the Saatva Solaire mattress 100% organic?
While the Solaire is not 100% organic, Saatva does have a strong green initiative (organic cotton cover, no harmful chemicals, natural flame retardant, no off-gassing, CertiPUR-US foams, etc.), so you can still enjoy a healthy night’s rest.
You May Also Like...
Layla Mattress Review
Firmness: Soft side: 4-5/10; Firm side: 7/10
Trial Period: 120 days
Warranty: Lifetime limited warranty
Summary: Flippable memory foam mattress known to help people with back and joint pain
Sleep Number C2 Bed Mattress Review
Trial Period: 100 days
Warranty: 15-year warranty
Summary: Sleep cool; adjustable airbed
Saatva Classic Mattress Review
Trial Period: 365 days
Warranty: Lifetime warranty
Summary: Customizable luxury hybrid mattress
Amerisleep AS3 Mattress Review
Firmness: Medium: 6/10
Trial Period: 100 days
Warranty: 20-year limited warranty
Summary: Memory foam mattress with cooling technology (part of Amerisleep's Soft Collection)