Saatva Youth Mattress Review
Saatva Youth Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: January 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.5/10|
|✔️Type: Innerspring Mattress|
|✔️Free White Glove Delivery|
|✔️365-Night Sleep Trial|
Save $300 – $500
The Bottom Line: The Saatva Youth could very well take the cake for best mattress for kids. It’s supportive, provides luxurious comfort, and uses safe materials. With dual-firmness, this hybrid mattress adapts with your children as they grow. Made here in the USA, the Saatva Youth provides kids with a healthy, rejuvenating night’s rest.
Who Is the Saatva Youth Mattress Best for?
|Saatva Youth is best for:||Saatva Youth may not be best for:|
The ever-popular Saatva brand shows off its luxury mattress made specifically for kids with the Saatva Youth mattress. Featuring dual comfort levels and a flippable design, this is a mattress that will stick with your child for years as they grow and mature. With organic materials and a supportive yet plush combination of foam and coils, the Saatva Youth is designed to give kids the ideal sleep experience.
What Makes the Saatva Youth Unique:
- Eco-friendly materials make up the construction of the Saatva Youth, like the organic cotton cover and the CertiPUR-US certified foam. This ensures your child gets not only a restful night’s sleep, but a healthy and safe one, too.
- The Saatva Youth comes with a water-resistant barrier that protects the mattress against spills and accidents.
- Made specifically for kids with dual-sided comfort layers, so you don’t have to bother with replacing this mattress as your child ages and matures.
- The 24/7 customer support is a noteworthy feature Saatva provides and makes buying a mattress online not as daunting of a process. The lifetime warranty is a nice security blanket as well.
The Saatva Youth mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress made for growing children. The dual-sided flippable construction allows this bed to adapt easily; when your child has outgrown the 3+ side, simply flip it to the other 8+ side. This mattress is built with durable materials and can provide your child with years of comfortable and restorative sleep.
The top layer is composed of 5-zoned support that ensures proper spinal alignment. The middle layer is made of dual-sided pocketed coils that use Saatva’s spinal zone active wire to support a healthy sleep posture, great for all sleeping positions, including stomach and back sleepers. The high-density support foam is also used in all of Saatva’s other luxury mattresses to help stabilize those growing bodies.
The entire child’s mattress is wrapped in a 100% cotton cover that is soft, hypoallergenic, and safe for your child. The cover is accident-proof as well with a water-resistant finish, so your child’s Saatva Youth mattress can outlast any spills or accidents. And to top off the eco-friendly materials, you don’t even have to set the mattress up yourself. Saatva offers free white glove delivery and mattress removal.
⭐Total Score for the Saatva Youth mattress: 8.5/10⭐
Is Saatva Youth a Good Mattress?
- Dual-Firmness: For a growing child, this is a huge pro. The dual-firmness design adapts to your child as they mature, and you won’t have to worry about replacing this mattress as they age.
- Free White Glove Delivery: Saatva’s delivery service is hard to beat; white glove delivery makes buying a mattress online pretty seamless. The Saatva team will handle your child’s mattress delivery and setup process at no cost to you.
- 5-Zone Support: The top layer of the Saatva Youth features a 5-zoned support system that ensures spine alignment and promotes a healthy back, which is important for your child’s overall health as they grow and mature.
- Responsive: This mattress is extremely responsive, meaning that your child can easily move around without getting the stuck feeling that some memory foam beds have.
- Price: The Saatva Youth is in the higher price range for kids mattresses, but you get what you pay for: luxury comfort, high-quality materials, and a mattress that can accommodate your growing child for years to come.
- Size Options: The Saatva Youth is only offered in twin, twin xl, and full sizes, but since it’s made for kids there’s really no reason for the bed to be offered in any bigger sizes.
- Motion Transfer: The innerspring system in this mattress makes it bouncier than an all-foam option and makes it difficult to isolate motion fully—a drawback for kids who snuggle up with their pets.
During our testing, we were blown away by the Saatva Youth’s edge support. Earning a near-perfect score, this bed provides peace of mind to parents worried about their restless sleepers rolling off the edge. The mattress did a good job of holding our adult testers up, leading us to believe that it would do even better with kids.
Saatva specifically designed their mattress with a patented Lumbar Zone Quilting® to give children targeted support in the center third of the bed. This helps to ensure a healthy spine alignment all night long.
This mattress performs above average for pressure relief, despite having an innerspring system. Pressure relief measures how well a mattress cushions pressure-sensitive areas like the shoulders, hips, and lower back—particularly important for side sleepers.
In this section of the Saatva mattress review, we take a deep dive into all the practical details you need to know about the Saatva Youth bed. We lay out all the important information, such as how much weight the bed can support and what it’s made of.
What’s the Saatva Youth Firmness Level?
The Saatva Youth features dual-firmness levels, and was built with a growing child in mind. Both sides fall around the medium-firm mark or 6/10 on the firmness scale, but the side made for kids aged 3-7 is slightly softer. The other side is built for kids aged 8-12 and is slightly firmer to accommodate their growth and need for added support. Having two firmness options is a noteworthy feature and rare to see among mattresses made for kids.
Does The Saatva Youth Match Your Child’s Sleeping Position?
Because the Saatva Youth is medium firm and features a blend of comfortable foam and supportive coils, this mattress can accommodate sleepers of all positions.
- It’s a good mattress for back sleepers who would benefit from the zoned support and spinal active wire as these features promote spine alignment and a healthy sleep posture.
- The Saatva Youth is also a good mattress for side sleepers who would enjoy the pressure relief and contouring the support foam layer provides.
- Combination sleepers will appreciate its near-perfect score in responsiveness.
- And finally, the Saatva Youth’s innersprings help make it a good mattress for stomach sleepers.
Will Your Child Sleep Hot?
Hybrid beds generally sleep cooler than memory foam mattresses, and the Saatva Youth doesn’t disappoint. With a breathable cotton cover, this mattress does a nice job of keeping children cool and comfortable all night long.
Explore our top picks for the best cooling mattresses for hot sleepers
How Much Weight Does It Support?
The Saatva Youth can support up to 250 lbs and can accommodate average-weight children of all ages.
Best Foundations and Bed Frames For The Saatva Youth
While the Saatva Youth can be supported by a box spring or solid platform bed, Saatva recommends their own custom foundation, specifically made for the Youth mattress. The foundation is available in two heights: 4.75” and 8.75”, so it depends on whether you’d prefer a taller bed. The Saatva Youth performs best with this custom foundation, which you can purchase at checkout for this mattress.
Saatva Youth Materials
The Saatva Youth’s handcrafted layers were made with a child’s rapidly growing body in mind and consists of three core layers covered in organic cotton. This mattress’s flippable design offers customized support for a wide range of children.
- Organic Cotton Cover: A breathable cover made from 100% organic cotton; features a waterproof barrier, so any spills or accidents don’t ruin the mattress.
- 5-Zone Support Layer: This layer is designed to be firmer in the center of the bed to provide spine alignment and posture support; softer at the head and feet.
- Dual-Sided Coil Unit: The Saatva Youth mattress uses strong 14.5 gauge coils to provide support. The ages 8+ side features Saatva’s Spinal Zone active wire that promotes a healthy sleep posture.
- High-Density Support Foam: This layer uses the same luxury foam seen in their adult mattress for stable and well-balanced support.
|Twin||38″ x 75″ x 10″||80 lbs.||$749|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″ x 10″||82 lbs.||$849|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10″||100 lbs.||$999|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Saatva Youth mattress.
Saatva Youth Delivery and Set-Up
Lucky for you, Saatva makes the set-up process a breeze. Their team will take care of the entire delivery and setup process for free, so you can sit back and relax while they handle the labor. Unlike bed-in-a-box mattress brands, Saatva doesn’t compress or roll its mattresses for delivery.
There may be a mild scent when the mattress is first unboxed, but this is harmless and should dissipate quickly. All of the foams used in Saatva’s mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they are free of harmful chemicals.
Keep reading for all the purchasing details you need to know, such as what the trial period consists of and how long the warranty’s good for.
|Delivery||Free white glove delivery, arrives in 9-21 days|
|Trial Period||365 days|
|Return Policy||$99 fee for returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Shipping and Delivery
The Saatva Youth takes anywhere from 9 to 21 days to be delivered and includes free white glove delivery and set-up. This means that the Saatva team will set up your child’s new mattress for you from start to finish; all you have to do is let them in and indicate which room you’d like the bed in. Saatva will call you the day before your delivery date so you can schedule the best time window for the set-up process. Saatva will also remove your child’s old mattress, at no additional cost to you.
The Saatva Youth comes with a 365-night sleep trial that starts the day your child’s new mattress is delivered. This means your child can try out their mattress for 365 nights, and if they’re not completely happy with the bed, you have the option to return or exchange the mattress during that time frame. You will only be responsible for a $99 transportation fee.
This hybrid mattress comes with a lifetime warranty. For the first two years of the warranty, if deemed defective, Saatva will replace your child’s mattress with a brand new Saatva at no cost to you. In years 3-12, Saatva will completely repair and recover your child’s Saatva bed with the only cost being a $99 transportation fee. As far as mattress warranties go, Saatva’s is one of the friendliest and most forgiving.
The warranty is only valid to the original purchaser and remains valid as long as you use the mattress on a platform bed, or any properly supported foundation and slatted support system closer than 4”. As your child’s mattress adapts to their unique shape, there may be indentations in the bed. Body impressions greater than 1” are covered by the warranty.
To submit a claim, you can call, chat, or email the Saatva team.
Saatva also offers a unique “Fairness Replacement Option”, which means if your mattress is deemed defective, you get to keep your original mattress, while Saatva delivers and installs a brand new Saatva mattress for only 40% of the price you paid in years 3-5 of your warranty. As your warranty increases in age, the percentage of the original price you paid also increases. For more information and details on this replacement option, check out Saatva’s site.
Saatva is known for its phenomenal customer service. Between the white glove delivery and 24/7 customer support, Saatva excels in promptly taking care of customers’ needs. To contact customer service, you have a few options. They are reachable by phone at 1-877-672-2882, or by email at email@example.com. You can also make use of their chat feature, which is a 24/7 service available on their site. Check out what real customers had to say about their excellent customer service:
- “Literally, I love everything about this company. Customer service is excellent, they would answer any questions you have with their 24/7 service. I told Gloria (the representative who helped me buy this mattress) that I needed the mattress ASAP, and within 2 days my mattress was delivered.”- Danny
- “This is a genuine company that cares about its product and delivers on the guarantees and previous reviews. If you are looking for a mattress, I encourage you to try Saatva.”- Zach
Mattress Return Policy
If you find the Saatva Youth doesn’t work out for your child, you can return the mattress within the 365-night trial period for a full refund. There is a $99 fee that covers the cost of transportation both ways as well as the labor associated. The Saatva team will come get the returned mattress, so you don’t have to worry about shipping anything back.
To initiate a return, you can contact Saatva’s customer service at 1-877-672-2882, and you can expect to receive a refund anywhere between 7-14 days after you initiate the return.
Should You Buy the Saatva Youth for Your Child?
If you’re looking for a high-quality, durable mattress for your child that can withstand their growing pains, the Saatva Youth is your go-to. The Saatva Youth was thoughtfully designed for children with its dual firmness feature that allows the mattress to adapt with your child as they mature. This feature is what sets this mattress apart from the competition—not to mention the cooling technology and safe, sustainable materials.
The free white glove delivery and lifetime warranty make your job even easier and guarantee this bed will continue to give your child a healthy and restful night’s sleep for years to come. Some of you may be gawking at the high price tag, but remember: with Saatva mattresses, you’re paying for a luxurious sleep experience, eco-friendly materials, and premium comfort.
If the Saatva’s price tag is something you can’t get past, the Helix Kids mattress is a less expensive alternative. Like the Saatva Youth, it’s a flippable foam/coil hybrid with dual firmness. For more details, read our full Helix Kids mattress review.
Is the Saatva Youth mattress compatible with bunk beds?
The Saatva Youth does work with bunk beds as well as loft beds. Keep in mind that the Saatva Youth is a multi-layer mattress, which means it’s thicker than a standard bunk bed mattress. To be safe, check the dimensions first to ensure it’s a good fit.
Does the Saatva Youth mattress have a break-in period?
As with most mattresses, your body needs time to adjust to a new bed. The Saatva Youth is no different, and it can take your child anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks to get used to their new bed. That’s why the 365-night sleep trial is in place, to give your child as much time as possible to adjust to their new mattress.
Can I flip my Saatva Youth?
Yes. The Saatva Youth is made to be flipped as your child ages. If your child is below the age of eight, the 3+ side is for them. As they get older, flip it to the 8+ side.