Sam's Club Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
Sam's Club Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: June 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.8/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 7.6/10|
|✔️Type: Foam Blend|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️10-Year Limited Warranty|
Save up to $700 off Mattresses
Our impression: The Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle is a memory foam mattress with a firm feel. This is both an online mattress and one you can buy in person at Sam’s Club. This bed works best for stomach sleepers, back sleepers, couples, and people on a budget.
Who Is the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle Mattress Best for?
Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle is best for:
Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle may not be best for:
Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle Mattress Review Highlights
Costco partners with mattress brands like Tempur-Pedic and Serta Simmons to allow you to buy beds in store. Like Costco, Sam’s Club now carries mattresses too. Specifically, they’ve partnered with Tuft & Needle for a new take on their classic mattress. To see how the Sam’s Club version of the Tuft & Needle measures up, we took this bed to our mattress lab.
In this review you will find out how it scored, explore some pros and cons, learn about the great price point, and much more.
The best parts about the mattress:
- As you can tell by the name, this bed is sold at Sam’s Club, meaning you can buy this new mattress from the comfort of your home or on your next grocery run.
- This mattress has great edge support and motion isolation meaning it works well for couples: your movements shouldn’t wake up your partner, and you can comfortably lie near the edges.
- A firmer alternative to the original Tuft & Needle means you can choose this bed if you enjoy sleeping on top of your mattress rather than in it.
Lab Test Scores
We brought the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle into our mattress lab to see if it performs as well as it claims to by testing it in 8 different in-depth tests. After that, we examine the buying experience as a consumer in 6 other evaluations. All of these scores give us a weighted average Mattress Advisor score out of ten. Keep reading to see how the Sam’s T&N fared.
Read more about our review process.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Sam’s Tuft & Needle Mattress: 7.6/10⭐
Testing Highlights and Lowlights
- Motion Isolation: The Sam’s Club T&N does a pretty good job of isolating motion from one side to the other, especially as your partner tosses and turns. There was a bit of transfer when we got in and out of bed, but that was it.
- Cost: The Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle is even more wallet-friendly than the original Tuft & Needle, making it a good choice for people on a tight budget.
- Warranty: Even though this mattress is sold at a traditional brick-and-mortar store, you still get the bed-in-a-box industry-standard warranty.
- Alignment: Side sleepers with back pain need a bed with great alignment to fix their nighttime posture. Unfortunately, the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle doesn’t allow your hips and shoulders to sink in enough for good spinal alignment.
- Trial Period: Though this mattress offers the industry-standard warranty for a bed-in-a-box, there is no mention of a sleep trial on Sam’s Club’s website.
One of the most impressive factors about this mattress is its edge support. In our test, we sat down at the edge of the Sam’s T&N and put on a pair of shoes. Here we look to see if we feel supported or if we feel like we’re slipping off. This Tuft & Needle mattress had very solid edge support. Take a look at how it barely buckles under my weight.
Our responsiveness test did not go as well. In this test, we look for ease of movement, comfort in different positions, and bounce. This is the main factor combination sleepers should look for in a mattress.
Because the mattress felt so firm, it was pretty difficult to get comfortable with each sleep position. Even though we were not sinking into the mattress, we had the feeling of being stuck.
Let’s start off with the good news. From this test, we can see that the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle is great for back sleepers in the pressure department. On our heat map, you can see that it is primary littered with cooler colors, meaning there is minimal pressure.
Unfortunately when it comes to the bad news, it did not do so well in our side sleeping test. You can see a ton of pressure in the shoulder area and a smaller amount of pressure concentrated at the hips. So if you are a side sleeper with shoulder pain, this may not be the bed for you.
What Is the Firmness Level?
Though the Sam’s Club website says it has a medium-firm comfort level, we found the mattress to be very firm: about a 8 out of 10. This firmness works best for back and stomach sleepers because it helps with alignment.
What Sleeping Position Does the Mattress Best Support?
The Sam’s Club T&N works best for back sleepers and stomach sleepers. Stomach sleepers should enjoy how firm the mattress is, and back sleepers get good pressure point relief.
However, combination sleepers may find it hard to get comfortable in each position, and side sleepers may have an issue with shoulder pain.
Will You Sweat on the Sam’s Tuft & Needle?
The answer is probably yes. This mattress is made from two dense foam layers. Memory foam conforms to your body using your body heat as a guide. What usually happens is that the foam holds this body heat, making for a warm sleep surface.
If you want a cool night’s sleep, we suggest going for an innerspring bed for added breathability, such as the Tuft & Needle Hybrid. It may also be beneficial to find a mattress with added sleep technology for temperature regulation, such as the SleepOvation 700 Tiny Mattresses In One mattress.
Is It Good for Heavier People?
Even though we classify this as a firm mattress, it is not supportive enough for heavy sleepers. To prevent premature sagging, we suggest that plus-sized sleepers purchase an innerspring mattress, so the coils provide added support.
Suitable Bed Frames and Foundations
One of the best things about buying the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle is that you don’t need to buy a special separate foundation to support it. This mattress will be supported using most foundations and frames.
The Inside Layers
The Sam’s Club T&N has a very similar construction to the original Tuft & Needle: two layers of foam wrapped in a breathable cover.
- Mattress Cover: This mattress cover is woven loosely to allow for some breathability.
- Comfort Layer: The top layer of this mattress specializes in pressure relief and high-quality support.
- Support Layer: The bottom layer is made of dense support foam to keep away sinkage and sagging.
Sam’s Tuft & Needle Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|37.5″ x 74.5″ x 10”||37 lbs||
|38″ x 79.5″ x 10”||39 lbs||
|53.5″ x 74.5″ x 10”||51 lbs||
|60″ x 79.5″ x 10”||62 lbs||
|76″ x 79.5″ x 10”||77 lbs||
|72″ x 83.5″ x 10”||78 lbs||
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Sam’s Tuft & Needle mattress.
Is It Easy to Set Up?
Like other mattresses that you order online, Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle arrives in a rectangular box. It did not take us too long to unbox this mattress and allow it to expand. Because a queen size mattress is only 62 pounds, it wasn’t too heavy, though we do still urge you to unbox with a partner.
Sam’s Club Purchasing Information
Shipping and Delivery
This bed ships free and arrives in a box at your door. There is no white glove delivery option, so you’ll have to unbox your bed by hand and find a way to dispose of your old mattress.
You get a 10-year limited warranty with the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle. This covers typical manufacturing defects such as excessive sagging and stitching issues.
You can check out the original Tuft & Needle Mattress Warranty here.
Sam’s Club does not have an official return policy for mattresses, but they do have a return policy. In this policy, they allow you to print out a label and ship online orders back. This may be an in-person return considering the size of mattresses. We suggest contacting your local Sam’s Club for their policy.
You can check out the original Tuft & Needle Return Policy here.
Is This the Best Mattress for You?
It’s time to review everything we’ve discussed in this review, so you can decide if this is the bed you want brought to your home. We think you’ll love the Sam’s Club T&N if you sleep with a partner or near the edge of the mattress. The price point also makes it a good choice for children, guest rooms, and college students.
You probably won’t love the Tuft & Needle from Sam’s if you toss and turn often at night, are a side sleeper with shoulder pain, or you weigh more than 250 pounds. Instead, we recommend you check out the Titan mattress.
Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle vs Original Tuft & Needle Comparison
Let’s go over how the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle measures up to the Original, Hybrid, and Mint mattresses.
- The Original Tuft & Needle is less firm than the Sam’s Club version and offers better spinal alignment. The Sam’s Club version has better edge support.
- The Tuft & Needle Hybrid is cooler and more pressure relieving than the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle, but the Sam’s Club version has better motion isolation and edge support.
- The Tuft & Needle Mint mattress is better and cooling, pressure relief and alignment, but the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle has better edge support.
Where is the Sam’s Club Tuft & Needle made?
This bed is made here, in the United States.
Should I flip my mattress?
Nope! The T&N for Sam’s Club is made to be a one-sided mattress. In order to prolong its life, rotate your bed every six months and use a mattress protector to prevent spills.