Leesa Sapira Hybrid Mattress Review
Leesa Sapira Hybrid Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: September 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 9.4/10|
|✔️Type: Memory Foam Hybrid|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️100-Night Sleep Trial|
Save up to $700 + 2 Free Pillows
The bottom line: The Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress is the highest scoring mattress that we’ve ever tested at the Mattress Advisor Lab. Thanks to balanced cushion and support, it works for every sleeping position. It’s an excellent option for couples and anyone who sleeps hot. Plus, it’s built to last and comes with a risk-free sleep trial.
Who Is it Bad For? Who is it Good For?
|Leesa Sapira Hybrid is best for:||Leesa Sapira Hybrid may not be best for:|
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid is an advanced hybrid mattress. Leesa innovated their original mattress by combining their premium memory foam with individually-wrapped pocket springs for a bed that provides comfort, support, and responds to your movements.
In this Leesa mattress review, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress, including how it scored in our Mattress Advisor lab. Read on to learn why the Leesa Sapira Hybrid is one of our top picks for the best hybrid mattress on Mattress Advisor.
What we love about the Leesa Sapira Hybrid:
- It is the highest scoring mattress on Mattress Advisor! In fact, both editors sleep on the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress.
- The Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress is known for its responsive surface and pressure-relieving abilities, making it a top contender for the best mattress for combination sleepers and an excellent mattress for back pain.
- Since the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress is topped with layers of foam, you’ll get better motion isolation than a traditional innerspring mattress, great for couples who share the bed.
Check out our video review of the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress to learn about it scored in our testing.
*Note: Since we published our video review the score of the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress has been updated to a 9.4 as a result of additional testing and customer feedback.
In the chart below you can see how the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress performed in each of our tests and evaluations. We score mattresses based on 14 factors to derive a comprehensive rating.
Learn more about our review process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Leesa Sapira Hybrid Mattress: 9.4/10⭐
Leesa Sapira Hybrid Performance Highlights
- Perfect Spinal Alignment: The Leesa Sapira Hybrid earned a perfect 10/10 for spine alignment. By supporting a healthy spine, this bed is great for sleepers with aches and pains.
- Easy to Move Around: The Hybrid scored a 9/10 for responsiveness, which is a measure of how quickly a bed adapts to your movements. Combination sleepers and those who toss and turn will find that they get comfortable quickly.
- Cushions Pressure Points: For side sleepers, pressure relief is paramount. The Leesa Sapira Hybrid’s plush foam and targeted coil support deliver exceptional pressure point relief.
- Great Motion Isolation: The Leesa Sapira Hybrid dampens motion transfer, making it an excellent mattress for couples.
- Off-gassing: It’s normal to notice a mild scent when you unbox the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress—don’t worry, it will go away in a couple of hours.
- Adjustment period: Breaking in a new mattress takes some time, so don’t be surprised if it takes up to 30 days to fully break in your Leesa Sapira Hybrid.
You may have heard that you can get trapped in a memory foam mattress’s surface or that they’re slow to respond to your body movements. Fortunately, the proprietary foam in the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress proves these stereotypes wrong.
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid’s 3 foam layers offer excellent responsiveness. Paired with the bouncy innerspring coils and you have a bed that’s easy to move around on, perfect for combo sleepers and those who toss and turn.
Countless verified customer reviews sing praises for the cooling properties of this mattress. The top layer of perforated foam coupled with pocketed coils maximize airflow in the Leesa Sapira Hybrid, keeping you cool all night long.
While the Leesa is a good mattress for hot sleepers, we have tested cooler mattresses. If your number 1 priority is a cool mattress, check out our top picks for the best cooling mattresses for hot sleepers.
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid received a perfect score in our spine alignment test. A mattress that keeps your spine aligned while you sleep will help your body get the rest and rejuvenation it needs to take on the day. It also prevents you from waking up with back pain in the morning.
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid is a medium firmness mattress, with its firmness falling at a 5 on the 1-10 firmness scale. Medium mattresses are preferred by many sleepers.
What Sleeping Positions Does the Leesa Sapira Hybrid Mattress Support?
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress works well for every sleeping position. Soft foam cushions the shoulders and hips making it a good side sleepers mattress, and a balance between support and cushion works well as both a bed for stomach sleepers and bed for back sleepers. And thanks to responsive coils, the Hybrid is an excellent mattress for combo sleepers, too.
Does the Leesa Sapira Hybrid Mattress Sleep Hot?
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid sleeps cooler than the average mattress. The bottom layer of innerspring coils supports ample airflow, as does the top layer of hole-punched foam. These cooling properties earned the Leesa Sapira Hybrid an 8/10 for its cooling potential, cool enough for most people.
How Much Weight Does the Leesa Sapira Hybrid Support?
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress works well for sleepers of every body shape. The soft comfort layer ensures a plush enough surface for lightweight sleepers, while the supportive innerspring coils offer the structure needed by heavier people. The mattress is designed for people who weigh up to 350 lbs.
Foundations definitely play a role in how your mattress feels. Leesa mattresses are designed to deliver their signature feel on a firm, flat, sturdy surface. The best foundation options for your Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress are a solid platform, box spring, bunkie board, or slatted base. The Leesa Sapira Hybrid is also compatible with adjustable bases.
What is the Leesa Sapira Hybrid Mattress Made of?
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress has 4 layers of foam and an innerspring coil system. Combined, these layers marry pressure relief and support, providing a medium feel.
- Mattress cover: A soft white and gray cover that’s breathable for a cool sleeping surface.
- Comfort layer (1.5”): A plush polyfoam layer cushions pressure points. It’s perforated, promoting breathability for a cool night’s sleep.
- Recovery layer (1.5”): A layer of memory foam achieves close contouring for a distinct memory foam mattress feel.
- Transition foam (1”): High-density foam protects the body from the layer of innerspring coils below.
- Innerspring support layer (6”): 1,000+ pocketed coils bring a bouncy, responsive feel and targeted relief.
- Base foam (1”): A final layer of high-density foam adds support, boosting durability. It also absorbs some of the motion of the spring layer for impressive motion isolation.
Leesa Sapira Hybrid Dimensions and Prices
|Twin||38” x 75” x 11”||75 lbs.||$1,199|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 11”||80 lbs.||$1,299|
|Full||53” x 75” x 11”||96 lbs.||$1,599|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||115 lbs.||$1,899|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||142 lbs.||$2,099|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 11”||142 lbs.||$2,099|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress.
Leesa Sapira Hybrid Mattress Unboxing
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress arrives compressed in a box. Set this box on your bed frame or foundation, remove the mattress from the box, and free it from other packaging. Unroll it and give it time—up to a day or two—to fully expand.
Don’t be worried if you notice a slight odor, similar to a “new car smell.” That scent is typical for beds with generous foam layers, especially ones that are shipped compressed. The odor, known as off-gassing, typically fades in just a few hours, but can last up to a few days.
Before you buy a Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress, we can walk you through all the purchasing details so you feel confident in your decision.
|Delivery||Delivered to your door within 2 weeks|
|Trial Period||100 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Leesa’s Shipping and Delivery
Leesa ships for free everywhere within the USA. You can typically expect your new bed within 1-2 weeks from the day you ordered it, but with COVID-19 delays, shipping may take longer.
Don’t want to set up the bed yourself? Leesa offers White Glove Delivery for an extra $150. With White Glove Delivery, 2 Leesa representatives will deliver your bed, carry it to your bedroom, and set it up. They’ll even remove your old mattress and box spring if you wish.
The Sleep Trial Explained
Leesa beds come with the most common sleep trial that you’ll find for bed-in-a-box mattresses: 100 nights. You have 100 nights to try out your new Leesa mattress to ensure that it’s the right fit. If you decide that it isn’t, contact Leesa’s customer service to initiate a refund.
You must keep your mattress for 30 nights before qualifying for free returns. Why? It can take a month for your new mattress to reach its final comfort level and for your body to adjust to a new sleeping surface.
Leesa Mattress Warranty Simplified
Leesa mattresses come with the industry-standard 10-year limited warranty. The warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship that you wouldn’t expect from normal wear-and-tear. To submit a claim, contact Leesa customer service and they’ll instruct you on next steps.
Get in Touch with Leesa
Leesa customer service is available 7 days per week, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. To get in touch with Leesa’s customer care team:
- Call them at 1-844-335-3372
- Live chat at leesa.com
- Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you expect from Leesa customer service? Just as other leading online mattress companies, Leesa is known for their helpful and friendly customer service.
Leesa’s Return Policy
Returning a Leesa mattress is easier than you might think. During Leesa’s trial period, you can return your mattress for a full refund.* Simply contact Leesa’s customer service to initiate a return. Leesa will find a local charity to come and pick up the mattress from your doorstep. Within a few days of the donation, you’ll receive a full refund on your original form of payment.
*There is a $100 return fee for customers who live in Hawaii or Alaska.
Is the Leesa Sapira Hybrid Mattress Right for You?
The Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress is the highest scoring mattress that we’ve had in our mattress lab. What this means is that you won’t have to sacrifice one performance factor for another. Instead, the Leesa provides exceptional support, body alignment, and pressure relief, all while sleeping cool and facilitating ease-of-movement. And with sturdy edges and an ability to dampen motion transfer, the Leesa is great for couples who share the bed.
The Leesa’s medium feel is great for the average sleeper. With generous comfort layers and sturdy innerspring coils, there’s the right amount of cushion and support for sleepers of every body weight.
While there isn’t much negative to say about the Leesa Sapira Hybrid, that doesn’t mean that it’s the best mattress for everyone. For instance, if you’re someone who loves an extra-firm mattress, you’d be better off looking elsewhere. Additionally, the Leesa Sapira Hybrid is a luxury mattress that may be too costly for the average budget shopper. For a cheaper mattress, check out the best budget-friendly mattresses.
Leesa Sapira Hybrid vs Other Leesa Mattresses
Leesa manufactures 5 mattresses: the Original Leesa mattress, the Leesa Legend, Studio by Leesa, the Leesa Original Hybrid, and of course, the Leesa Sapira Hybrid. Here’s how the Leesa Sapira Hybrid compares to Leesa’s other mattress models.
- Leesa Sapira Hybrid vs Leesa Original: The Leesa Sapira Hybrid has a similar construction to the Original, just with a layer of coils rather than foam for the support layer. The Hybrid is slightly softer while being more supportive than the Original. The Original is more affordable.
- Leesa Sapira Hybrid vs Leesa Legend: Both the Hybrid and Legend are luxury hybrid mattresses. The Legend is slightly firmer and has an added layer of zoned foam-and-microcoil support, making it better for stomach sleepers and heavy people.
- Leesa Sapira Hybrid vs Studio by Leesa: The Studio by Leesa is Leesa’s most affordable mattress. Its all-foam construction is slightly less supportive than the Hybrid’s foam and coil makeup, and it doesn’t have as generous of foam comfort layers as the Hybrid. The Leesa Sapira Hybrid is better for most adults who can afford it, while the Studio is a good budget mattress.
- Leesa Sapira Hybrid vs Leesa Original Hybrid: As hybrid mattresses, both these beds combine foam layers with a coil system to create a unique experience. The Leesa Sapira Hybrid comes with a higher price tag, but this also includes hole-punched foam to promote breathability.
Other Products Sold by Leesa
Leesa Sapira Hybrid Mattress FAQs
Does Leesa have a referral program?
Yes – Earn $75 via PayPal for every purchase made using your unique referral code with Leesa’s Refer a Friend program.
Do I need to flip my Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress?
You do not need to flip the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress, and you shouldn’t. The materials inside work best in the order they are in.
Is the Leesa Sapira Hybrid eco-friendly?
The foams in the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress are CertiPUR-US® certified. This means it meets some of the highest industry standards for sustainability.
Where can I find the Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress?
Most customers buy the Leesa at leesa.com, but you can also find it at showrooms across the United States. Visit the Leesa Gallery in Virginia Beach or New York, or stop by a Pottery Barn or West Elm store. Click here to find a Leesa retailer near you.
Does Leesa offer a military discount?
Military, first-responders, students and teachers receive discounts from Leesa all year.
Can I clean my Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress?
You can spot clean your Leesa Sapira Hybrid mattress with warm water and mild detergent.