Sealy Hybrid Premium Mattress Review
Sealy Hybrid Premium Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: April 2023
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.7/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.6/10|
|✔️Firmness: Plush, Ultra Plush, or Firm|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️120-Night Sleep Trial|
Save up to $400 on Select Adjustable Mattress Sets
In a nutshell: The Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress is a luxury hybrid mattress that comes in three firmness options (ultra plush, plush, and firm). With deeply contouring memory foam above individually-wrapped coils, it’s a great fit for side sleepers, seniors, and couples of all weights and body shapes.
Note: The Sealy Hybrid Premium has been discontinued, but you can compare other mattresses from the brand in our Sealy mattress reviews.
Who Will it Work for?
|Sealy Hybrid Premium is best for:||Sealy Hybrid Premium may not be best for:|
The Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress is a close runner-up on our best hybrid mattresses list, especially for side sleepers and those who need extra pressure relief. With three firmness options, the Sealy Premium line is a good option for a wide range of sleepers. In this review, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the Sealy Premium—including pros and cons, product specs, customer reviews, and more—so you can decide if it’s the right mattress for you.
What We Love:
- Sealy’s advanced memory foam closely hugs the body, relieving pain at pressure points like the hips and shoulders.
- The combination of individually wrapped coils and high-density memory foam absorbs motion, so you and your partner can both get a good night’s sleep.
- Sealy’s exclusive Posturepedic technology provides support where you need it most, helping to keep your body in proper alignment. This is particularly valuable for those who wake up with aches and pains.
- Thanks to cooling technology found throughout the Sealy Premium, it supports a neutral body temperature all night long. This means fewer sweaty nights and deeper, more restorative sleep.
- With extra soft foam and responsive innerspring coils, the Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress delivers sufficient give for lightweight sleepers and adequate support for heavyweight sleepers
The Sealy Hybrid Premium is a luxury hybrid mattress that comes in three firmness levels (ultra-plush, plush, and firm). With two layers of ultra-conforming memory foam atop a zoned-support coil system, the Sealy Premium delivers the ultimate in comfort and support. See below for how it performed in our lab.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Sealy Hybrid Premium Mattress: 8.6/10⭐
Pros and Cons
- Pressure Relief: With 4.5” of heat-responsive memory foam, the Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress cradles the body’s unique curves, distributing weight from areas like the hips, shoulders, and lower back to the rest of the body.
- Motion Isolation: Thanks to its thick foam layer and pocketed coils, very little motion transfer occurs across the surface. allowing you to sleep through your partner’s movements.
- Cooling: Sealy’s Premium Hybrid line is designed to facilitate a cool night’s sleep. With a cooling cover, open-cell memory foam, gel infusion throughout the memory foam, and airy coils, you’ll stay cool and dry throughout the night.
- Edge Support: The Premium collection boasts a border of flexible, high-density coils that create a comfortable and stable edge. The result is a mattress that is supportive even along the edges, so you and your partner can spread out.
- Spinal Alignment: Sealy is well-known for its Posturepedic technology, which uses a proprietary coil system to offer more support at the hips and midsection. With more springs in this region of the mattress, your hips won’t fall out of alignment, encouraging optimal spine alignment and reducing aches and pains.
- Durability: Sealy’s Premium collection is their luxury line. As such, they use their highest-end coils, memory foams, and covers to achieve enhanced longevity.
- Responsiveness: The Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress’ dense foam makes it difficult to change positions very easily.
- Sleeping Positions: Even the firm option is not very firm and will not sufficiently support most stomach sleepers (the Sealy Hybrid Essentials line or Sealy Hybrid Performance Collection are better for those who need a firm hybrid mattress).
- Off-Gassing: The Sealy Hybrid Premium can have a mild scent when new—this odor comes from memory foam off-gassing, and it will quickly dissipate.
- Not Available Directly to the Customer: This mattress is not sold directly by Sealy, which means that there are variations in things like shipping cost, shipping time, and trial period.
The Sealy Premium is one of the best mattresses for couples. Its thick layers of memory foam absorb movements, while the individually-wrapped coils respond to motion without spreading it across the mattress. It also has better edge support than most mattresses thanks to its flexible coil border made from high-density coils. These features allow you to spread out and move around, all without disrupting one another’s sleep.
Every layer of the Sealy Premium mattress is designed to facilitate a cool night’s sleep. The cover is cool-to-the-touch, the gel memory foam traps heat away from the body, and the coil layer allows air to quickly dissipate body heat. Hot sleepers who like the feel of memory foam are able to enjoy the marshmallow-y support without waking up hot and sweaty.
The top layer is made from a slow response memory foam that allows your body to sink in, truly enveloping your pressure points. Combined with responsive coils, you’ll feel like you’re sleeping both on and in the mattress, which is excellent for side sleepers. Its zoned-support coil layer provides exceptional lumbar support, relieving back pain and keeping heavyweight sleepers fully supported.
The Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress comes in three firmness levels—ultra plush, plush, and firm.
- The ultra plush option is soft enough for lightweight side sleepers who need a sleeping surface that’s incredibly plush for a comfy hugging feel.
- The plush option falls on the softer side of medium. It’s best for those who like a soft feel, but still need some support. Lightweight back sleepers and average to heavy side sleepers do well with the combination of cushion and support.
- The firm option is a relatively plush medium-firm feel. The upper comfort layer conforms to the body, giving a slight sinking sensation that is quickly balanced by the coil system below.
Which Sleeping Positions Does it Support?
The Sealy Hybrid Premium mattresses best suit side and back sleepers. The ultra-plush is so soft that it will almost remind you of a pillow top, making it a good option for light-to-average weight side sleepers. The plush is great for heavier side sleepers and light-to-average weight back sleepers. The firm is more of a medium-firm mattress, which is a good fit for back sleepers of all weights.
This bed may, however, not be firm enough for most stomach sleepers. It also scored low in our responsiveness test, meaning it wouldn’t be great for combination sleepers.
Does It Sleep Hot?
Sealy incorporates cooling technology in every layer of the Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress. With a DuoChill cover, gel-infused memory foam, and cooling coils, the Sealy sleeps cool for a mattress with a memory foam top layer. We give it an 8.5/10 cooling score.
How Much Weight Does it Support?
Thanks to 14” of coils and foam, the Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress comfortably supports all body types. When you sink into the foam layer, you are then lifted by the individually encased coil system. The mattress is able to support a total of 800 lbs.
Sealy carries a variety of traditional and adjustable foundations that can be used with the Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress. This mattress is built to pair with a traditional frame and box spring, an adjustable base, a platform bed, or even the floor.
A Look Inside
The Sealy Hybrid Premium Mattress is made from 5 layers, including a cooling cover, memory foam layers, and innerspring coils.
- DuoChill Knit Cover: The ultrastretch knit fabric is exceptionally cool thanks to Sealy’s Chilltech cooling technology. It’s cozy to the touch and comes in a striking textured grey pattern.
- Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam: This upper layer of slow-response memory foam hugs the curves for superb pressure relief. Its open-cell structure promotes airflow to keep the sleeping surface cool.
- Sealy Comfortsense Foam: The Comfortsense foam layer is infused with gel to absorb heat from the body, without feeding it back over the night. This dense yet cushy layer protects areas like the hips and shoulders from the coil layer beneath.
- Duraflex Coil Edge System: High-quality flexible coils line the perimeter of the mattress, creating a reliable sleeping surface across the entire surface of the mattress.
- Zoned Support: All Sealy Posturepedic hybrid mattresses are made with nearly 20% more coils along the lumbar region for added support where you need it. Every coil is individually encased, delivering targeted support. The pocket coils also reduce motion transfer so you and your partner can move without disrupting one another’s slumber.
Sealy Hybrid Premium Sizes, Dimensions, and Cost
|Twin XL||38” x 80”||68 lbs.||$1,974|
|Full||53” x 75”||89 lbs.||$1,979|
|Queen||60” x 80”||107 lbs.||$1,999|
|King||76” x 80”||136 lbs.||$2,499|
|California King||72” x 84”||135 lbs.||$2,499|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress.
|Delivery||Free delivery within 1-2 weeks. White glove delivery included, with mattress setup and old mattress removal at no additional cost.|
|Trial Period||120 nights|
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty|
|Return Policy||$139 fee|
|Financing||Available through Synchrony HOME, Affirm, Paypal, and Progressive Leasing|
*Sealy does not sell this mattress line on their website. The information included above is for purchase through US-Mattress.
Free Shipping and White Glove Delivery
When you purchase the Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress through US-Mattress, you’ll receive it within 1 to 2 weeks from your order date. It’s also available at Sears, Mattress Firm, and other retailers.
Shipping with US-Mattress is free, as is white glove delivery. This means that the mattress will be delivered and unpacked in the room of your choice. Additionally, you can select to have your old mattress removed for free during checkout.
Around one week before your mattress arrives, you’ll be contacted to schedule a delivery date and time. Someone must be home during this window to accept the home delivery. Shipping may vary if you purchase from a retailer. Some companies only deliver to your door, which can make setting up a challenge since the mattresses weigh over 100 lbs.
120 Nights to Try It
The Sealy mattress comes with a 120-night money-back guarantee. You have 120 nights from the day you receive your new mattress to return or exchange it for a full refund (minus a $139 processing fee). You must wait at least 30 days before returning it—it can take a few weeks for your body to adjust to a new mattress, so give it a chance before you decide against it.
The Sealy Hybrid comes with a standard 10-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects. Call 1-800-455-1052 to submit a claim. If your claim is approved during this 10-year period, Sealy will replace or repair your mattress.
Reaching the Sealy Team
You can call Sealy’s support team at 1-800-MY-SEALY or email them at email@example.com. Here’s what customers have to say about Sealy’s customer service:
- “The salesman Gary was really great at explaining all of the details of each that we looked at.” -Neil and Patti
- “Transaction went very smoothly with the salesperson and delivery was on time and efficient.” -Myron
- “After owning my Sealy king size mattress for 4 years, it started sagging. I decided to file a warranty claim as our mattress came with a 10-year warranty. Our claim was processed and approved. The whole process from start to finish was 2 weeks. I was floored. I have never, ever had such a pleasant experience in a claim situation.” -C.
Returning Your Sealy
To return your Sealy mattress purchased from US-Mattress, you must:
- Initiate an exchange within 120 days of receiving your mattress.
- Wait 30 days before returning your mattress.
To do so, fill out the form here or call 1-800-455-1052. You’ll be charged a $139 processing fee. If you decide to do so, you can exchange the Sealy for another mattress during this time. If the new mattress is more expensive, you must cover the difference. If it is less expensive, you will receive a refund of the difference minus the $139 processing fees. Returns with other retailers may vary.
Should You Buy It?
The Sealy Hybrid Premium is a wonderful choice for shoppers looking for a luxury mattress that will support couples and sleepers of all body types. This level of quality, however, does come at a rather steep price. If you’re interested in something more affordable, check out our article on the best mattresses under $1000. Like the Sealy, The Brooklyn Signature Hybrid sleeps rather cool, but it’s a bit easier on the wallet. If you’re interested in still shopping with Sealy while also saving some money, check out our Cocoon Chill Hybrid mattress review.
Compare Sealy Hybrid Premium
Where can I buy the Sealy Hybrid Premium mattress?
Sealy does not sell their premium hybrid line on their website. We recommend going through US-Mattress. They offer free white glove delivery and old mattress removal, free shipping, and a 120-night trial period. Other options include Mattress Firm, Sears, and other mattress retailers.
Which of the firmness options is right for me?
The Sealy Hybrid Premium comes in ultra plush, plush, and firm. Ultra plush is best for lightweight to average weight side sleepers. Plush has a soft medium feel that suits plus-size side sleepers and back sleepers who like some give in their mattress. The firm is best for back sleepers of all weights who want a medium-firm mattress with moderate cushion.
Do I need to flip or rotate my Sealy mattress?
No. Because of the zoned support in this mattress, you should not flip or rotate it. For the best bodyweight distribution, the head and foot of the mattress are not interchangeable, and the mattress is not able to be flipped.