Natural latex mattress available in 4 firmness options
Available in Soft, Medium, Firm and Extra Firm
Returns are accepted up to 1 year (returns are not free)
10-year limited warranty
Durable natural latex mattress; some assembly is required
- Spindle is a smaller, family business which is why you may not have heard a lot about them.
- However, we do think they offer a great quality mattress that’s natural, durable and customizable to your needs.
What makes it different from other mattresses
- Spindle offers 4 different firmness options, but also allows you to make adjustments to the firmness or purchase new layers to ensure you’re completely satisfied with your mattress.
What to watch out for
- Returns are not free. Spindle gives you up to a year to return your mattress, but they only give you your original payment, minus $200 back.
- The Spindle requires some at-home assembly. Customers claim it’s not that difficult, but it’s something to be prepared for.
Spindle sizes available
- Queen: $1,350
- King: $1,700
- Twin: $900
- Twin XL: $950
- Full: $1,150
A look inside
The Spindle is made with three, 3” layers of natural latex (which they claim to be 3x as durable and 4x as breathable as conventional foams). The cover is made with natural organic cotton lined with natural wool batting to help wick moisture away.
You can choose from four different levels of firmness depending on your preference. Spindle has a firmness calculator to help you decide.
What Spindle customers have to say
- “Had the mattress for more than a month now and overall really like this mattress. It is 100% all natural latex and does well in supporting your body when you sleep. The latex had a bit of smell when it first arrived since it was made using natural material but it quickly went away. The mattress is made in the USA so it came very fast. The only complaint is that the latex does make this mattress hotter than most other material especially since it is 10 inches layer. Still, nothing the fan or air conditioner couldn’t solve. Buy this if you are looking for an affordable, natural mattress all while supporting a family owned business here in the United States!” – Shiawtian C.
- “Love It! The very first morning after sleeping on this mattress was the first time, in a long time, that I woke up without lower back pain! The frame and bed assembly was simple as can be. I am 6′ 2″, 225 lbs. and the queen size medium firm seems to be just right for me. Thanks Spindle!” – Paul B.
- We love our mattress. We had a well loved decades old spring mattress. Never having tried a latex mattress before I was hesitant but I’m so glad we made the switch. It is just the right “in-between” of sinking in and laying on top of your mattress. We live in a high humidity climate in Texas and never have I felt that it slept warm. High quality mattress! – Rachel T.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
- Delivery: The Spindle ships free to your door anywhere in lower 48 states and should arrive within 7-10 business days.
- Setup: The Spindle is shipped in three separate cartons, each with a 3” layer of latex. One of those cartons will also contain your zippered case. You will actually assemble the mattress yourself by inserting the latex layers into the cotton cover. It might seem like a hassle, and while it does take more time than just unrolling your mattress, it’s actually not that You can watch this video on how to assemble the Spindle for reference.
- Foundation: Spindle recommends using a support structure with slats that are spaced no more than 3″ apart for proper support and ventilation. The slats should be made of solid wood (not a composite or plywood like material) for lasting durability.
- Return policy: Spindle is one of the few newer mattress companies that does not offer a full refund – they’ll refund you the total cost minus $200. However, you do have up to one year from taking delivery on the mattress to make your final decision and the customer support team will do everything they can to remedy your issue.
- Warranty: The Spindle comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
- Made in the USA.
- Comfort life program: as a Spindle customer, you get 30% off a new layer of latex (if it’s damaged or you prefer a different firmness) for up to 25 years (current cost would be $252 per layer with this program).
- Spindle does allow you to make one comfort adjustment for a $200 fee within 365 days of purchase (this could be swapping out a layer or adjusting the firmness).
- The Spindle is made with natural latex, eco-friendly wool and organic cotton. You can learn more about what’s inside the mattress here.
Other products sold by Spindle
- Spindle also offers a wood foundation ($275 for queen), and replacement parts (cover and an extra layer of latex).
If you have more questions about the Spindle mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.