Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
Our impression: The Tempur-Cloud mattress by Tempur-Pedic has a medium-firm feel and suits all sleep positions. This luxury mattress is perfect for memory foam lovers. Its proprietary Tempur foam eases pressure from sensitive areas and keeps away motion transfer, making this mattress great for couples and people with back pain.
Who Is the Tempur-Cloud Mattress Best for?
|Tempur-Cloud is best for:||Tempur-Cloud may not be best for:|
When it comes to memory foam mattresses, Tempur-Pedic is probably the first brand you think of. Like other traditional mattress brands such as Sealy and Beautyrest, you can usually find these beds in your local mattress store. But, their newest mattress, the Tempur-Cloud, comes to your door as a bed-in-a-box.
In this review, we’ll break down how well the Tempur-Cloud performs in our mattress lab as well as some pros and cons, prices, FAQs, and more.
What makes it unique:
- As one of the well-known Tempur-Pedic mattresses, the Tempur-Cloud uses high-quality memory foam to offer amazing pressure point relief.
- In our lab we discovered this mattress’s stellar motion isolating properties, earning it a nearly perfect score in motion transfer.
- With medium firmness, and a high-quality construction, the Tempur-Cloud should work for all sleep positions.
We put the Tempur-Cloud through some rigorous tests and evaluations in our mattress lab. Let’s check out how it did in 14 different areas. Want to know more about how we test? See our review process for more.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Tempur-Cloud Mattress: 8.4/10⭐
- Motion Isolation: This bed had some of the best motion isolation we’ve ever tested, meaning couples can sleep soundly without being awoken by the other’s movements.
- Pressure Relief: No matter what sleeping position you find yourself in, Tempur-Cloud will ease the pressure from those key areas.
- Durability: Memory foam tends to have a shorter lifespan than beds made with springs. But not Tempur-Cloud. The high-quality memory foam layers ensure that your mattress will last you for years to come.
- Cooling: The Tempur-Cloud can sleep warm like most memory foam mattresses do. Innerspring mattresses typically allow for more airflow.
- Cost: One of the most common Tempur-Pedic mattress complaints revolves around how much they cost. Coming in around $2,000 for a queen size, the Tempur-Cloud is no exception, but you receive quality comfort in return.
If you sleep with someone else, human or pet, you need a bed with motion isolation, so your sleep partner’s movements or nighttime bathroom breaks don’t wake you up. The Tempur-Cloud offers great motion isolation. Here’s how we found out.
First, we took turns lying on the mattress blindfolded while the other person got in bed, moved around, then got out. We then gave it a score out of 10 based on how much movement we felt. Collectively, it received a 9.25.
Then, we grabbed a glass of red wine and set it on one side of the mattress as we rolled around on the other. The goal is to see how much the liquid inside the glass moves. As you can see, there was almost no movement inside the wine glass, meaning there was very little motion transfer.
Unfortunately, edge support did not perform as well. We sat on the edge of the mattress to put on a pair of shoes to see how supported we felt. Like you see in the picture below, I sunk all the way down to the foundation; I felt as if I were slipping off. This aspect of edge support received a 6 out of 10.
Then, we moved to lie near the edge of the bed to see if we felt enough support to sleep there. The edge support was significantly better this way, receiving a 9 out of 10. There was still a bit of sink, but there was solid support, and no fear of falling. Collectively, the Tempur-Cloud earned a 7.5 for edge support.
Spine alignment is a good indicator of whether or not you’ll experience back pain on a mattress. If your spine is properly aligned, you’ll have good nighttime posture and it will reduce kinks in your back.
When we tested spinal alignment for side sleepers, the hips sank in deeper than the shoulders, which made the spine dip slightly in the middle. This received a 7.5 out of 10.
But when we shifted to our stomachs, alignment was better because our hips did not sink in too much. While back sleeping, the foam cradles your lower back, keeping your spine in neutral alignment. These positions earned a 9 out of 10 for alignment.
Pressure relief in a mattress is what decides if you’re going to wake up with low back, hip, or shoulder pain, or if you’re going to wake up feeling refreshed. One of the best things about a memory foam mattress is how well it relieves pressure. Let’s take a look at how Tempur-Cloud did that with our pressure map.
Blue colors, like blue and green, mean minimal pressure. Warm colors, like yellow and red, mean high pressure. Back sleepers see virtually no pressure in the lower back area.
Side sleepers see tiny bits of pressure in the shoulders and chest, but not enough to wake up with pain.
Stomach sleepers don’t see pressure point issues in their hips or shoulders as the rest on the Tempur-Cloud.
Overall, the Tempur-Cloud scored an impressive 9 out of 10 in the area of pressure relief.
The Tempur-Cloud is a mattress with medium firmness. It falls at about a 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale. It’s memory foam comfort layer allows it to feel like a medium-soft mattress while offering medium-firm support. This makes Tempur-Cloud work for most types of sleepers.
What Sleep Position Does It Fit Best?
We think the Tempur-Cloud will please each sleep position. Here’s how:
- Stomach sleepers should have decent spinal alignment and great pressure relief.
- Back sleepers will enjoy the plush cradling of the comfort layer and the pressure relief in the low back area.
- The cozy top layer gives side sleepers a chance to have their high pressure areas sink in.
- With good responsiveness for an all-foam bed, Tempur-Cloud should allow combination sleepers to comfortably shift positions.
Will You Sleep Hot?
Probably. While the mattress cover on the Tempur-Cloud is moisture-wicking and provides airflow, the rest of the mattress does not. There are no open cell or gel layers of foam, just plain ol’ high-quality memory foam.
This foam eases pressure and provides comfort by using your body heat to shape around your body. However, with no breathable layers, this body heat gets trapped and radiates back to you, creating heat.
For something cooler, consider an innerspring, latex, or hybrid mattress.
Is It Good for Heavy People?
Probably not. The official weight limit for the Tempur-Cloud is 500 lbs. However, memory foam doesn’t not support body weight as well as a bed with an innerspring system. We recommend this bed to lightweight through average weight sleepers. Heavier people will fare better on a bed with more durability.
Tempur-Cloud works best with solid and firm surfaces such as adjustable bases, flat foundations, and treated platform beds. This bed should not be supported by an box spring and doing so could void your warranty.
Materials and Feel
The Tempur-Cloud consists of three pressure-relieving, memory foam layers.
- Mattress Cover: The stretchable cover wicks away moisture and provides breathability.
- Comfort Layer: This top layer provides responsiveness and pressure points relief for people that toss and turn and those with aches and pains.
- Support Layer: Firmer, high-density foam provides contouring to your body shape and eases pressure.
- Base Layer: High-quality, thick foam allows your new mattress to last for as long as possible.
Tempur-Cloud Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|38″ x 74″ x 10”||39.3 lbs.||
Twin Long (Twin XL)
|38″ x 80” x 10”||42.4 lbs.||
|53″ x 74″ x 10”||56.1 lbs.||
|60” x 80” x 10”||57.6 lbs.||
|76” x 80” x 10”||85.3 lbs.||
|72” x 84” x 10”||84.9 lbs.||
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Tempur-Cloud mattress.
Setting Up the Mattress
The Tempur-Cloud arrives in the typical bed-in-a-box fashion: in a box that is tall and rectangular. It took us 1 minute and 19 seconds to fully unbox and set up Tempur-Cloud. The off-gassing was pretty strong, so we recommend letting your bed air out for a few hours before dressing it with sheets and bedding.
|Delivery||Free delivery; arrives in 1-2 weeks|
|Trial Period||90 days|
|Return Policy||Full refund, minus cost of shipping|
|Financing||Available through Tempur-Pedic credit card|
The Tempur-Cloud mattress is the only Tempur-Pedic bed that arrives at your door in a bag or box. You can take this package inside and unbox the mattress in the room of your choice.
Typically, Tempur-Pedic arranges for free white glove delivery for all of their other mattresses, just not the Tempur-Cloud.
Tempur-Cloud Sleep Trial
While most online mattress companies offer you at least 100 nights to try out your bed, Tempur-Pedic only offers you 90, which is still about three months. During these 90 days, you get to sleep on your mattress and decide if you want to keep it or return it for a refund.
Before you begin the return process, Tempur-Pedic asks that you sleep on this bed for at least 30 nights so you can break it in.
The Mattress Warranty
Your Tempur-Cloud comes with the standard 10-year warranty. What makes this special is that this warranty is a full replacement warranty, meaning during the entire 10-year period Tempur-Pedic will repair or replace your mattress should any defects arise.
- Indentations deeper than three-fourths of an inch.
- Physical flaws that cause splits or cracks from normal usage.
- Other manufacturing defects.
Contacting Customer Service
To get in touch with the Tempur team, you can call 888-811-5053 (for help picking a mattress) or 800-821-6621 (for order questions, returns, warranty, etc.). You can also live chat with a rep or shoot them a specific question though email on the website.
Return Policy Fine Print
You can return your Tempur-Cloud mattress during the 90-night trial period. To do this, call customer service, and the team at Tempur-Pedic will retrieve the mattress and you will get a full refund. Be aware that you will have to pay for any return shipping charges.
Is Tempur-Cloud the Best Mattress for You?
Let’s go through everything we’ve discussed in this review to see if Tempur-Cloud is the mattress you want to snuggle into each night.
You may want to give Tempur Cloud a try if
- You sleep with your significant other, child, or pet.
- You are prone to tossing and turning.
- Your old mattress has been giving you back pain.
- You love the feel of memory foam.
You may want to keep searching if
- You like the feel of a traditional mattress.
- You want to save money on a mattress.
- You identify as a hot sleeper.
- You weigh more than 230 pounds.
If you decide to keep looking, check out our Tempur-Pedic Alternatives guide for a mattress that better suits your needs.
How Tempur-Cloud Compares
Tempur-Pedic is the godfather of memory foam mattresses, dating back to NASA’s research on the material. Since then, there have been many cheaper replications, but Tempur-Pedic beds have withstood the test of time.
Nowadays, Tempur-Pedic has become the luxury buy, with a higher price tag than new foam mattresses such as Nectar and Casper. But Tempur-Pedic’s reputation says it all.
See other Tempur-Pedic model comparisons:
Can I finance my Tempur-Cloud?
Yes! Tempur-Pedic has partnered with Wells Fargo to offer you a credit card for mattress financing. Apply during checkout or anytime on the Tempur-Pedic site.
How long does a Tempur-Cloud mattress last?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are built to last you 10 to 15 years while most mattresses last about 5-7. In order to get the most out of your bed, make sure to rotate it every few months and use the proper bed frame and foundation.
Can I order a mattress over the phone?
Yep. Simplay call 888-811-5053 and a Tempur-Pedic sleep expert will get you started.