TEMPUR-Flex Hybrid Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
The bottom line: TEMPUR-Pedic’s Flex Hybrid collection combines cooling technology with their trademark memory foam and supportive precision coils. This series runs softer, but you can customize firmness depending on which model you choose. The Flex collection is great for discount shoppers as well!
Who Is the Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Best for?
|Tempur-Flex Hybrid is best for:||Tempur-Flex Hybrid may not be best for:|
The TEMPUR-Pedic Flex Hybrid is an earlier hybrid mattress model from TEMPUR-Pedic that champions a cool sleep experience and the responsive feel sleepers look for in a hybrid model. It delivers exceptional body contouring and the high quality materials that we’ve come to expect from TEMPUR-Pedic mattresses.
What we love about the Tempur-Flex Hybrid:
- SmartClimate® moisture-wicking technology keeps you cool and dry throughout the night.
- Extra soft TEMPUR-es memory foam cradles your body and feels like a supportive hug.
- A foundation of TEMPUR-Response™ foam and precision coils prevents you from sinking into the mattress and responding to your body’s movements.
- A removable, washable cover makes for easy cleaning and a fresh feel.
- Four TEMPUR-Flex models—Prima, Supreme, Elite, and Supreme Breeze—offer firmness levels and price points for every shopper.
TEMPUR-Pedic’s Flex collection prioritizes pressure relief and responsiveness. The Prima, Supreme, Elite, and Supreme Breeze models all have 6-layers and differ in thickness and firmness levels. They each include the SmartClimate® treatment in the top two layers. The removable, quilted cover wicks moisture away from the body, while the inner core layer creates a cool feel as soon as you lie down.
The Flex Prima is the firmest option. It’s the best choice for back or stomach sleepers because the layer of comfort foam is thinner than the other models. This is ideal because your spine is closer to the firmer foam layers and supportive coils, while still providing adequate cushion for joints. It’s also the lowest cost model.
The Flex Supreme is a good choice for the average sleeper. It’s medium on the firmness scale, so it works for all kinds of sleep positions and firmness preferences. The Supreme Breeze shares the medium feel of it’s sister model, the Supreme. It includes the SmartClimate system and infuses the comfort layer with their proprietary PureCool technology for an extra temperature regulation.
The Flex Elite is the softest of all the Flex models with a medium-soft feel. It’s also the thickest and most expensive. This is a luxurious choice for side sleepers who want extra cushion without compromising on the support and responsiveness of an innerspring layer. This model also works particularly well with TEMPUR-Pedic’s adjustable bases, such as the TEMPUR-Ergo base.
*Mattress Advisor Score Coming Soon!
Tempur-Flex Hybrid Performance Highlights
- Pressure Relief: The thick layer of TEMPUR-es memory foam material provides excellent pressure point relief and contouring.
- Motion Transfer: The combination of memory foam and precision coils reduce motion transfer and respond quickly to changes of position during the night.
- Value: Discounted prices mean this TEMPUR-Pedic mattress is more financially accessible to the average buyer
- Cooling: Cooling technology prevents you from overheating.
- Supplies are limited, so you may not find the size or feel you want
- Even at a discount, TEMPUR-Pedic beds are still on the pricier end
How Firm is the Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress?
The TEMPUR-Flex collection runs from medium-soft to medium-firm, depending on the model. All 4 models have a comfort layer of TEMPUR-es material, which hugs the body, and a more buoyant layer of TEMPUR-Response material that quickly adjusts to your body’s movements.
What Sleeping Position Does the Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Support?
Flex mattresses suit the whole range of sleeping positions. Side sleepers will appreciate the contouring of the extra soft Flex-Elite, while back sleepers and stomach sleepers will want the firmer Flex-Prima. Both the TEMPUR Flex-Supreme and Supreme Breeze are medium on the firmness scale, making them quality universal choices.
To compare the Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress to other beds for each sleeping position, check out our guides below.
Does the Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Sleep Hot?
Memory foam can accumulate heat coming off the body, making hot sleepers uncomfortably warm. The Flex collection acknowledges this issue by putting cooling technology right in the mattress topper. The quilted cover draws moisture away from your skin, while the Smart Climate system is cool-on-contact.
The Flex-Supreme Breeze takes cooling a step further by adding PureCool material to the comfort layer. The addition of a coil layer improves airflow, so you won’t feel trapped by hot, stale air.
How Much Weight Does the Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Support?
Hybrid mattresses support more weight than all-foam mattresses because the coil layer is more sturdy. The Flex collection packs coils into their dense Dynamic Support Layer, which distributes your body weight more evenly than some all-foam beds.
What Foundations of Bed Frames Can be Used with Tempur-Flex Hybrid?
TEMPUR-Pedic designs their mattresses to work on most bed frames and foundations, as long as they are standard size. They are also compatible with TEMPUR-Pedic adjustable bases.
What is the Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Made of?
The Flex collection pairs layers of memory foam with precision coils and a foam edge support system.
- The quilted EasyRefresh top layer is machine washable and cooling.
- The dual layer SmartClimate system works to keep you cool all night.
- The comfort layer keeps you cushioned and cozy.
- The firmer response layer actively adjusts to your movement and bounces back to its original shape.
- The support layer of precision coils improves motion isolation and overall body support.
- The base layer provides mattress durability, edge support, and extra cooling.
Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||72lbs||$2,999.00|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||116lbs||$3,499.00|
|King||76″ x 80″||152lbs||$4,199.00|
|California King||72″ x 84″||152lbs||$4,199.00|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Tempur-Flex Hybrid mattress.
Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Unboxing
TEMPUR-Pedic is one of the few mattress companies to provide complimentary white-glove delivery service, meaning they’ll set up your new bed in your home and will also remove your old mattress. Some buyers notice slight off-gassing from memory foam mattresses, but 24 hours without sheets should sufficiently air out your new mattress.
Take a look at TEMPUR-Pedic’s sale delivery and warranty policies.
|Delivery||1-2 weeks from purchase date|
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty|
|Return Policy||Closeout—all sales are final|
|Financing||TEMPUR-Pedic credit card (issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.)|
Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Shipping and Delivery
TEMPUR-Pedic offers free ground delivery on their sale products, with an extra fee for Alaska and Hawaii. You can expect your bed to arrive in 1-2 weeks. They’ll also set up your bed for you and remove your old mattress, if requested.
Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Sleep Trial
Normally TEMPUR-Pedic lets you trial their mattresses for 90 days, risk free; however, since this is a closeout item, all sales are final.
Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Warranty
The Flex collection is covered by a 10-limited warranty that covers wear from normal use. They will repair or replace your mattress, and you also have the option to upgrade to a more expensive product by paying the difference. For the warranty to be valid, you must be the original owner and have purchased your bed direct from TEMPUR-Pedic or an authorized dealer. Keep your receipts, because you’ll need them to file a warranty claim.
Read More: Tempur-Pedic Mattress Warranty
Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Customer Service
TEMPUR-Pedic offers excellent customer service. You can talk to a sleep expert 7 days a week online or on the phone. They also have a thorough list of FAQs that answer most questions.
Tempur-Flex Hybrid Mattress Return Policy
All sales are final on closeout items, but we bet you’ll want to keep your TEMPUR-Pedic mattress forever!
- “The mattress along with the ergo adjustable base, is fantastic. First solid night sleep in ages and don’t wake up with my arthritis flaring. A good choice.” -McKinney, TX
- “My tempur pedic flex elite was delivered yesterday and it is worth every penny. I have had 4 back surgeries and haven’t slept through the night in two decades—until last night. Yes, this mattress was a splurge for me but it was worth it. If you truly want to get the best rest and sleep possible, you really need this mattress.” -Garner, NC
- “This bed is like sleeping on a cloud. It’s soft without being too soft, but it’s not too firm either. It’s that just right in between that my partner and I were looking for. We’ve had the bed three years now, and it’s still perfect. No sagging at all. I definitely recommend it.” -New Jersey
Is there a break-in period for my mattress?
TEMPUR-Pedic recommends 30 days for your bed to be fully broken in. The TEMPUR cells need a few weeks to fully open up, which is why some people say their mattress feels firmer than expected at first.
Do I need a TEMPUR-Pedic base for my TEMPUR-Pedic mattress?
No, all TEMPUR-Pedic mattresses fit on standard sized bed frames and bases; however, you can get the most out of your mattress by using TEMPUR-Pedic bases that offer extra ergonomic support and other special features.
The size or model I want is sold out—what’s a good alternative?
The TEMPUR-Pedic ProAdapt Hybrid mattress is the most comparable to the Flex models. It’s a medium-firm mattress with the same SmartClimate system and comfort and support layers as the Flex, plus a TEMPUR-APR™ Support Layer.