Titan Plus Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
What we think: Titan Plus is one of the few mattresses on the market made specifically for plus-size sleepers. It excelled during our in-house testing, earning top marks for spine alignment, responsiveness, durability, and motion transfer. This mattress incorporates customizable cooling technology and a flexible return policy, keeping customers happy!
Who Is the Titan Plus Mattress Best for?
|Titan Plus is best for:||Titan Plus may not be best for:|
The Titan Plus mattress by Brooklyn Bedding is a durable hybrid mattress and one of the best hybrid mattresses made for plus-sized sleepers. The Titan Plus is also optimized for airflow, since heavy people tend to sleep hot.
We brought Brooklyn Bedding’s Titan Plus into the Mattress Advisor lab to gain a first-hand experience into the bed’s pros and cons. In this review, we’ll share how it performed in our 14-point evaluation, the bed’s details, and what you can expect when you buy a new bed from Brooklyn Bedding.
What makes it stand out:
- The Titan Plus mattress is designed with the needs of heavier sleepers in mind. Its materials are durable, comfort layers resist body impressions, and heavy duty coils come together for optimal comfort and impressive longevity. In fact, it’s one of the best mattresses for heavy people that we’ve come across!
- Brooklyn Bedding offers an optional cooling panel for hot sleepers. As plus-size people often find themselves sleeping hot, this added cooling potential supports a deep, rejuvenating night’s sleep.
- The Titan Plus is one of the most durable mattresses you can find. Brooklyn Bedding made sure of this by testing their durability to double the industry standard—and it passed with flying colors!
- Brooklyn Bedding owns the manufacturing process from start to finish. They make the mattresses right here in the USA and sell them directly to customers. This in-house process means higher quality and better prices when compared to the average bed.
We test and rate every mattress that comes into our lab on 14 factors that influence the sleeping experience and buying process. Take a look at how the Titan Plus scored!
Learn more about our review process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Titan Plus Mattress: 9.2/10⭐
- Spine alignment: Our sleep testers experienced nearly perfect spinal alignment when lying on the Titan Plus. This is great news for people with neck or back pain.
- Responsiveness: If you toss and turn, you need a mattress that facilitates movement. The Titan Plus earned a 9.5/10 for responsiveness, meaning you won’t feel stuck.
- Motion isolation: Couples who sleep together need a bed that dampens motion for uninterrupted sleep. The Titan Plus performed exceptionally well in our motion transfer tests, so you and your partner can sleep peacefully.
- Durability: Thanks to high-density foam and strong pocketed coils, the Titan Plus is likely to outlast your average mattress.
- Cooling: Even without the optional cooling top panel, the Titan Plus sleeps pretty cool. By adding the panel, even the hottest sleepers can find relief.
- Pressure relief: Our sleep testers experienced pressure at their hips and shoulders when lying on their sides. This could cause pain at pressure points if you’re a side sleeper.
- Off-gassing: Be aware that the Titan Plus have a slight odor when you first unbox it. Known as off-gassing, this scent is normal and will fade within a few hours.
- Extra Cost: You must pay extra for the optional cooling top panel, which is a good idea if you tend to sleep hot.
Bigger bodies need a mattress that’s sturdy enough to keep the body from sagging, knocking the spine out of alignment. Yet, there also needs to be sufficient cushion that contours to the spine’s natural curves.
We tested how well the Titan Plus kept our sleep testers’ backs aligned, and the results were impressive. Our testers experienced nearly-perfect spine alignment, making the Titan Plus an excellent mattress for people who have back pain or neck pain.
Our sleep testers lay down on the Titan Plus with a pressure-mapping film underneath them. We were looking for areas of high pressure, which tell us that areas like the hips and shoulders may become sore over time.
When lying on their sides, our testers experienced some high pressure zones at their hips and shoulders. However, there weren’t these troublesome zones when lying on their backs. What this test tells us is that the Titan Plus may be best for primarily stomach and back sleepers who only need moderate pressure relief for optimal comfort.
Heavy sleepers are often hot sleepers. Not only does the Titan Plus have a one-inch layer of gel memory foam designed to keep its sleepers cool, but Brooklyn Bedding also gives customers the option to purchase an additional cooling panel. This panel uses phase change material to moderate body temperature as you sleep, keeping hot sleepers cool on contact.
Related: Best Cooling Mattress
The Titan Plus is a firm mattress, registering at an 8 on the 1-10 firmness scale. The more that you weigh, the softer a mattress feels. This is because the body more easily compresses foam and innerspring layers. This is why most plus-size sleepers do best on a firm bed.
What Sleeping Position Works Best?
Firm support makes the Titan Plus one of the best mattresses for back sleepers and best mattresses for stomach sleepers. Side sleepers may find too much weight on their hips or shoulders, so head over to our best mattresses for side sleepers page for other recommendations. However, if you only spend part of your night on your side, the Titan Plus may still be a good fit. Its responsive feel makes it an ideal bed for combination sleepers because it’s easy to switch from one position to the next and get comfy quickly.
Does It Cool for Hot Sleepers?
We love the Titan Plus mattress for hot sleepers. The top layer of gel-infused memory foam is designed to absorb excess body heat and disperse it away from the mattress surface. And with the optional cooling panel with phase change material, even the hottest sleepers can find relief.
How Much Weight Can It Support?
The Titan Plus mattress can support up to 1,000 pounds, making it a great choice for heavier people. Some lightweight people may also enjoy the Titan Plus, but they would have to be fans of an extra-firm feel: beds tend to feel firmer to lighter people.
Suitable Foundations and Bed Frames
The Titan Plus mattress can be used on most foundations that provide minimal to no flex. This includes box springs, platform beds, adjustable frames, or slatted bed frames. If you need a new foundation, Brooklyn Bedding designs foundations to be compatible with their mattresses.
Mattress Materials and Feel
The Titan Plus mattress incorporates four intentionally engineered layers to create a highly resilient, sag-resistant mattress for plus-size sleepers. Multiple foam layers cushion the body while resilient innerspring coils deliver targeted support.
- Top Cooling Panel (Optional): Add the optional cooling panel if you’re a hot sleeper. Made of premium Phase Change Molecule (PCM) fabric that regulates body temperature on contact, this add-on will help keep the night sweats at bay. Available for $200–$250.
- Quilted Top with Gel Memory Foam: The top layer of the Titan Plus is made of high-resiliency memory foam that’s resistant to body impressions and infused with gel to help keep the surface of the mattress cool.
- TitanFlex™ Foam: Developed and patented by Brooklyn Bedding, TitanFlex foam was created to provide a responsive sleep surface that achieves pressure point relief.
- TitanCaliber™ Pocket Coil Core: The core of the Titan Plus is made with up to 961 industrial-grade coils that isolate motion, evenly distribute body weight, and reinforce the entire mattress structure.
- High-Density Base Foam: High-density polyfoam reinforces the encased coils while adding durability to the mattress.
Titan Plus Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Size||Dimensions||Weight||Standard Price*||Price w/ Cooling Top|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 11”||58 lbs.||$699||$899|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 11”||60 lbs.||$749||$949|
|Full||53” x 75” x 11”||85 lbs.||$799||$999|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 11”||100 lbs.||$999||$1,249|
|King||76” x 80” x 11”||120 lbs.||$1,249||$1,499|
|California King||72” x 84” x 11”||120 lbs.||$1,249||$1,499|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Titan Plus mattress, and click here for more Brooklyn Bedding Coupons.
What’s Unboxing Like?
Brooklyn Bedding is a bed-in-a-box mattress company, so expect your new mattress to arrive on your doorstep compressed in a box. To set up the mattress, take this box to its final location, and then remove the bed from its packaging on its foundation.
It should only take a couple of minutes to set up, especially if you have a pair of helping hands. We did notice a slight off-gassing odor, but it wasn’t overwhelming and faded within a few hours. While most people will be able to sleep on the mattress the same day that it arrives, it may take a couple of days to fully expand.
Learn everything you need to know about buying the Titan Plus mattress before you head to the checkout cart.
|Delivery||Ships free and arrives to your door within 3-4 business days|
|Trial Period||120 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Shipping the Titan Plus
Brooklyn Bedding ships for free within the contiguous USA with a typical shipping time of three to four days.* They also ship to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada for an additional fee. You don’t need to be home to sign for your new bed; it will be left at your doorstep.
*With COVID-19, shipping times may vary. Contact Brooklyn Bedding for the current estimated shipping times.
Brooklyn Bedding Sleep Trial
Every Brooklyn Bedding mattress comes with a generous 120-night sleep trial that starts the day you receive your mattress. You have 120 nights to ensure that it’s the right fit. You must wait 30 days before initiating a return to ensure that you’ve given your body time to get used to the bed and for the bed to fully break in.
Mattress Warranty Overview
The Titan Plus mattress comes with the industry-standard 10-year limited warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. To submit a claim, simply contact Brooklyn Bedding’s customer service.
Contacting Customer Service
You can get in touch with a Brooklyn Bedding team member any day of the week. They’re open from 7am–7pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm Saturday-Sunday. Here’s their contact information.
- Phone at 1-888-210-8751
- Live chat at brooklynbedding.com
- Email using their contact us form
When purchasing and testing the Titan Plus mattress, we contacted BB with a variety of questions using their live chat feature. We received prompt, polite, and thorough care every time we reached out.
To hear what real customers have to say about the Titan Plus, check out these customer reviews.
Return Policy Overview
It’s easy to return a Brooklyn Bedding mattress. After you’ve had the mattress for 30 days, but before the end of the 120-night sleep trial, contact their customer service team. They’ll walk you through next steps and help you find a local charity to come and pick up the mattress. Once it’s been donated, you will shortly see a refund on your original form of payment.
Reasons to Buy/Not Buy Titan Plus
The Titan Plus is an excellent firm mattress for plus-size people. It earned an almost perfect score in our spine alignment and responsiveness tests, great for people with back pain and anyone who tosses and turns. Another thing that we love about the Titan Plus is that it sleeps cool, and with the additional cooling panel, it’s one of the coolest beds around.
This bed’s firmness level and high-quality construction make it incredibly durable. Its firm feel is best for back and stomach sleepers who need more support than cushion. Heavy side sleepers may be better suited by a medium-firm mattress, such as the relaxed firm Loom & Leaf mattress.
Compare Titan Plus
Titan Plus vs Other Mattresses for Plus-Size Sleepers
When comparing the Titan Plus to other beds designed for heavy people, one primary thing stands out: its cost. It costs less than the average plus-size mattress, while still boasting a durable construction.
Another factor that sets the Titan Plus apart from its competitors is how well it performed at the Mattress Advisor lab. With a composite score of 9.2/10, it’s the highest scoring mattress designed for heavy people that we’ve tested.
Titan Plus vs Other Brooklyn Bedding Mattresses
Brooklyn Bedding crafts many hybrid and foam mattresses. Here’s how the Titan Plus compares to each.
- Titan Plus vs Aurora: The Aurora is a luxury hybrid with a higher price point than the Titan Plus. While the Titan Plus has a firm feel and is designed for heavier people, the Aurora comes in three firmnesses and is designed for light or average weight people. Every one of the Aurora beds is less firm than the Titan Plus, making it better for most side sleepers and those who prefer a plush feel. Read our Brooklyn Aurora Mattress Review.
- Titan Plus vs Signature Hybrid: The Signature Hybrid and Titan Plus are both hybrids with similar price points. The Signature comes in three firmness levels, with the plush and medium softer than the Titan Plus and the firm with a similar firmness. The Signature offers superior pressure relief, great for side sleepers, while the Titan Plus model’s ability to support the spine makes it better for most stomach sleepers. Both work well for plus-size sleepers. Read our Brooklyn Signature Mattress Review.
- Titan Plus vs Sedona: The Sedona is the most opulent Brooklyn Bedding mattress, whose medium feel is much softer than that of the Titan Plus. The Sedona has generous layers of memory foam atop innersprings, delivering a plush, hugging sensation. This is very different from the firm polyfoam and sturdy springs found in the Titan Plus. Read our full Brooklyn Bedding Sedona mattress review.
- Titan Plus vs Spartan: Both mattresses are hybrid beds, but the Titan Plus is designed for heavy people and the Spartan for athletes. The Titan Plus is firm, while the Spartan comes in plush, medium, or firm. The Spartan has thicker comfort layers that deliver superior pressure relief, while the spine alignment of Titan Plus is better for people with back pain. Read our Spartan Mattress Review.
- Titan Plus vs Bloom: The Bloom is an eco-friendly hybrid mattress with a medium firmness level. Its cotton, wool, and latex comfort layers deliver a plush feel and buoyant support, while the high-density polyfoam and innerspring coils of the Titan Plus provide firm support. Read our Bloom Hybrid Mattress Review.
- Titan Plus vs Bowery Hybrid: The Bowery hybrid is BB’s most affordable hybrid bed, with a price tag lower than the Titan Plus. Its medium firmness level and superior cushion are better for side sleepers and anyone who likes a balanced plush feel. The high-density foams and sturdier coils of the Titan Plus make it superior for heavy sleepers and anyone who likes a firm feel. Read our Bowery Hybrid Mattress Review.
- Titan Plus vs Plank Firm: The Plank Firm and Titan Plus are both firm mattresses great for plus-size sleepers, but their feel and construction are very different. The Plank Firm is a dual-sided all-foam mattress with one firm side and one extra firm side. The firmness of the Titan Plus falls right in the middle of the two sides of the Plank Firm. Expect better pressure point relief on the all-foam Plank Firm and superior spinal support on the Titan Plus. Read our Plank Firm Mattress Review.
Titan Plus Mattress FAQs
How long can my Titan Plus mattress stay in the box?
You should unbox the Titan Plus within three weeks of delivery.
Are there any Brooklyn Bedding discounts for military personnel?
Yes! Brooklyn Bedding has discounts for military, first responders, educators, students, and medical professionals.
Should I opt for the cooling panel or Talalay latex mattress topper for a cooler sleeping experience?
Brooklyn Bedding suggests adding either the cooling panel or latex topper for the coolest night’s sleep. The cooling panel won’t change the mattress firmness, but the latex topper will make the bed softer. Instead of a firm firmness level, expect a medium-firm feel.
You May Also Like...
Big Fig Mattress Review
Trial Period: 120 days
Warranty: 20-year limited warranty
Summary: Hybrid mattress designed to provide quality support for individuals with a bigger figure
WinkBeds Plus Mattress Review
Trial Period: 120 nights
Warranty: Lifetime Warranty
Summary: Luxury mattress designed for heavier sleepers
Helix Plus (Nightfall) Mattress Review
Firmness: Firm: 7-8/10
Trial Period: 100 days
Warranty: 15-year limited warranty
Summary: Hybrid mattress built for plus size sleepers
Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
Firmness: Relaxed firm: 6/10; Firm: 8/10
Trial Period: 365 days
Warranty: Lifetime warranty
Summary: Luxury memory foam mattress made by Saatva
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.