10-year limited warranty
One-step up from the original Tuft & Needle while still being a budget-friendly mattress
People who sleep hot
Tuft & Needle Mint highlights
- Referred to as the “enhanced” Tuft & Needle mattress, the Mint mattress is one-step up from the original Tuft & Needle — but still priced economically.
- The Adaptive® Foam in the Mint mattress is made with 30% more heat-wicking graphite than the original Tuft & Needle mattress, offering an even cooler night’s sleep.
Want to see how Tuft & Needle Mint compares to other mattresses?
Mattress Advisor score for the Tuft & Needle Mint
Here’s how the Tuft & Needle Mint mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the Mint mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.9 / 10
Tuft & Needle Mint mattress review
Take a deeper look into our review of the Tuft & Needle Mint mattress, including our methodology, scoring and mattress performance to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Set up test
The Tuft & Needle Mint mattress took us just about a minute and a half to set up. We noticed a slight odor while unboxing the Mint. Otherwise, setup was a walk in the park.
So for our setup test, Tuft & Needle Mint gets a 9 out of 10.
Motion Transfer Test
Motion transfer is just a fancy way of saying how much movement you feel if your partner is moving around. You want this to be pretty minimal.
Part A - The Humans
The Mattress Advisor motion transfer test is a two-part test. We start by asking both RJ and Asha to lie on the bed, blindfolded, and rate on a scale of 1 to 10 how much movement they felt when their partner was moving around, with 10 being no movement at all.
The Mint kept motion transfer to a minimum. RJ and Asha gave it a collective score of 8.25.
Part B - The Wine
Next, comes our wine test. This is great visual indicator of how much motion is being transferred from one side of the bed to another.
We had RJ lie down and roll back and forth a few times. We then took a look at how much the wine inside of the glass moved.
The wine stayed pretty still! So we gave it an 8.
So for a total motion transfer score, we gave Tuft & Needle Mint a 8.1 out of 10.
Edge Support Test
When choosing a mattress, you may not think to consider how much support the edge provides. But if you find yourself sleeping on the edge of your bed or use the end to get ready in the morning, you should definitely consider the edge support.
The Mattress Advisor edge support test, is a two-part test.
Part A - The Shoe Test
To start, we asked both RJ and Asha to sit on the edge of the bed to tie their shoes. They rated this task on a scale from one to ten, with 10 being “extremely easy, with exceptional edge support.”
RJ and Asha both noted the edge to be fairly supportive while putting on their shoes, so the Mint scored an 8.25 for the edge shoe test.
Part B - The Side Test
Next, we had RJ and Asha lie on the edge of the bed in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back, to see if they could sleep comfortably in that section of the bed.
Once again, RJ and Asha felt the edge of the mattress would keep them safe from the floor. So for the edge support side test, the Mint scored an 8.25.
So Tuft & Needle Mint gets a 8.25 out of 10 for edge support.
Pressure Relief Test
When shopping for a mattress, you’ll want to find something that puts minimal pressure on your hips, thighs and shoulders. Let’s take a look at how well the Mint provides pressure relief.
We measure pressure relief by using a pressure mapping film that shows areas of high pressure. Here’s what you need to know: the cool spots are good and the warms spots are bad. The warmer the color, the more pressure is being placed on that area of the body.
We saw mainly blue and green on RJ! So we gave him an 8.5 for pressure relief.
On Asha, we saw a few areas of high pressure on the shoulders and hips, so we gave her a 7.5.
So for a total pressure relief score, Tuft & Needle Mint gets a 8 out of 10.
Spine Alignment Test
Did you know, sleeping posture is just as important as your posture when you are awake? For every mattress we test, we take a look at how well it keeps your spine in a straight line.
We took a close up of both RJ and Asha’s backs to see the alignment. You’ll want to see a straight line from the neck all the way to the tailbone.
Both RJ and Asha’s spines were pretty darn straight with a slight curve towards the base of the neck.
For spine alignment, Tuft & Needle Mint gets a 9.5 out of 10.
Responsiveness is just a fancy way of saying how well the mattress adjusts or responds to your sleeping positions while you sleep. This becomes important when considering how quickly and easily you get comfortable when moving around.
We had RJ and Asha lie in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back. As they changed positions and got settled in, we asked them to rate on a scale from one to ten how quickly and easily the mattress responded to their movement.
The Tuft & Needle Mint seems to be a good responder.
So Tuft & Needle Mint gets a 8.75 out of 10 for responsiveness.
The total Mattress Advisor score for the Tuft & Needle Mint mattress:
What to watch out for
- Be aware that your mattress may have a mild scent when you unbox it – this is normal and should go away within a few hours.
Tuft & Needle Mint sizes available
- Twin: $650
- Twin XL: $695
- Full: $795
- Queen: $895
- King: $1050
- Cal King: $1050
A look inside
Tuft & Needle’s proprietary Adaptive® Foam works to draw heat from your body and disperse it out of the mattress. It’s ideal for sleepers of any size or weight because the more pressure you put on it, the more it reacts to support you.
The Tuft & Needle Mint is made with three adaptive foam layers and covered by a charcoal knitted cover.
- Tuft & Needle Adaptive® Foam: This patented top foam layer is made with 30% more heat-wicking graphite than the original Tuft & Needle mattress. Tuft & Needle Adaptive® Foam was designed to feel comfy while still providing great pressure relief.
- Adaptive Transition Layer: Made with Tuft & Needle Adaptive® Foam and infused with ceramic gel beads that absorb 5x more heat than conventional blue gel products.
- Support Base Layer: This foundation foam layer provides support and structure.
What Tuft & Needle Mint customers have to say
- “The Mint mattress is great. Soft with a little bounce. I’m a petite 118lb back/side sleeper and my 155lb boyfriend is a stomach sleeper. We both like this mattress. Have been sleeping on it for only two weeks but I have high hopes that it will last. Good price. Fast shipping. Easy installation.” -Karen
- “I had misgivings about spending the extra $$ for the Mint mattress. I was really concerned about the extra thickness vs the regular T&N working on an adjustable base despite customer service assuring me that it would work. The Mint arrived in record time. Upon arrival, I got it on my adjustable base and I set it up. Finally it was time to go to bed (about 12 hours later) and when I got into bed I couldn’t believe the comfort level. It was as if I had been sleeping on it for years. Something I didn’t have after 3 months with the Nectar mattress. I have Fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, and osteoarthritis and I am totally comfortable on this mattress and it works well with the adjustable base. I also want to mention that I am 65 and I set the Mint up by myself. It’s simple!” -Rose
- “I had trigger point back pain for years. After one night of being supported properly on the T&N Mint mattress, my back pain was significantly reduced. It’s almost non existent now after a few weeks. Best mattress I’ve ever owned.” -Wade
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
Most customers in the lower 48 states can expect their new Tuft & Needle mattress to arrive in 2–7 business days from the day they order with free shipping.
The Tuft & Needle mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand. You can also watch this brief video tutorial on how to unbox your mattress.
This mattress is compatible with most bed frames (box springs, slatted frames, adjustable frames), you’ll just want it to be a sturdy foundation.
If you decide to return your Tuft & Needle Mint mattress within the 100-night trial period, they will work with you to find a local charity to donate your mattress to. Once your mattress is donated, you’ll send them a scanned or photographed copy of your donation receipt via email and they’ll process your refund in full. *T&N is unable to refund the shipping fees for the original delivery in Alaska or Hawaii.
The Tuft & Needle comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
While the cover cannot be removed, the mattress can be spot cleaned using a small amount of mild detergent and water and gently dabbing the cover, rather than rubbing it. Make sure the cleaned area is completely dry before placing sheets and blankets back on the mattress.
- Made in the USA.
- All foams used in the Tuft & Needle Mint mattress are CertiPUR-US Certified.
- Through Tuft & Needle’s return policy, direct product donations, and school fundraising program, the company has donated over $8M in mattresses back to the community. Read more about their social mission.
- Tuft & Needle employees have collectively volunteered over 1,000 hours of time to help set up beds, clean bedding, provide meals, build housing, and so much more for those in need.
- Tuft & Needle offers same-day delivery for customers in certain parts of Phoenix, New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area. If you qualify for this service, you will see an option for same-day shipping at checkout.
Other products sold by Tuft & Needle
- Original Tuft & Needle Mattress: $575 for queen
- Pillow: $75 standard / $100 king
- Sheets: $100 for queen
- Mattress protector: $70 for queen
- Bed frame: $1,200 for queen
- Foundation: $250 for queen
- Metal Base: $80 for queen
- Pouch: $450
If you have more questions about the Tuft & Needle Mint mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the Tuft & Needle mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.