10-year limited warranty
Budget-friendly mattress for the average sleeper
Tuft & Needle highlights
- Tuft & Needle is known for being a universal mattress, or good for the “average” sleeper, offering one mattress design at a medium firmness level.
- Tuft & Needle is one of the most budget-friendly options when it comes to quality foam mattresses. They actually dropped their pricing recently. (A queen mattress used to run for $675.)
Tuft & Needle mattress review
See how the Tuft & Needle performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Mattress Advisor Score for the Tuft & Needle
Here’s how the Tuft & Needle mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|Tuft & Needle Mattress Review|
|Test / Evaluation||Score|
|Motion Transfer Test||7.5|
|Edge Support Test||8.5|
|Pressure Relief Test||8.5|
|Spinal Alignment Test||8.5|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||5|
What to watch out for
- Be aware that your Tuft & Needle mattress may have a mild scent when you unbox it – this is normal and should go away within a few hours.
Tuft & Needle sizes available
- Queen: $575
- King: $700
- Cal King: $700
- Twin: $325
- Twin XL: $375
- Full: $475
A look inside
Tuft & Needle’s proprietary foam works to draw heat from your body and disperse it out of the mattress. It’s ideal for sleepers of any size or weight because the more pressure you put on it, the more it reacts to support you.
- Top layer – Adaptive® foam designed to carry heat away from your body and adapt to your movements while you sleep
- Cover – light and airy fabric promotes heat transfer through the mattress
- Bottom layer – foundation foam, provides support and structure
What Tuft & Needle customers have to say
- “After spending more than 10 years in pain every minute of every day I have found a mattress that give me some relief. When I get up to start my day I am pain free for the first hour or so. And that is all due to my tuft and needle mattress. The support I get is unmatched by anything I’ve found. And the fact that they are only ~$600 for a queen size is nothing to sneeze at either.” – Google Review
- “Good, but not the best…great for my nomad lifestyle since I kept ruining high priced mattress by moving them too often! Sleeps good! Almost firm enough, but gives a little too much…getting used to it and liking it ;)” – Google Review
- “Customer service, delivery, packaging, and price were all excellent. Most of all though, every night spent on this mattress has left me without any aches or pains in the morning, as well as feeling like I actually slept during the night. Tuft and needle has been a good choice.” – Jesse
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
- Delivery: Most customers in the lower 48 states can expect their new Tuft & Needle mattress to arrive in 2–5 business days from the day they order with free shipping.
- Setup: The Tuft & Needle mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, and wait for it to expand. You can also watch this brief video tutorial on how to unbox your mattress.
- Foundation: This mattress is compatible with most bed frames (box springs, slatted frames, adjustable frames), you’ll just want it to be a sturdy foundation.
- Return policy: If you decide to return your Tuft & Needle mattress within the 100-night trial period, they will work with you to find a local charity to donate your mattress to (you won’t need to re-box it). Once your mattress is donated, you’ll send them a scanned or photographed copy of your donation receipt via email and they’ll process your refund in full. *T&N is unable to refund the shipping fees for the original delivery in Alaska or Hawaii.
- Warranty: The Tuft & Needle comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
- Cleaning: While the cover cannot be removed, the mattress can be spot cleaned using a small amount of mild detergent and water and gently dabbing the cover, rather than rubbing it. Make sure the cleaned area is completely dry before placing sheets and blankets back on the mattress.
- Made in the USA.
- All foams used in the Lull mattress are CertiPUR-US Certified.
- Tuft & Needle offers same-day delivery for customers in certain parts of Phoenix, New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area. If you qualify for this service, you will see an option for same-day shipping at checkout.
- If you want to check out the Tuft & Needle IRL before you commit, you can visit one of their retail locations or partner stores. Take a look here to see if there’s one near you.
Other products sold by Tuft & Needle
- T&N also offers a pillow ($75 standard / $100 king) made with the same adaptive foam as the mattress as well as sheets, a mattress protector and a bed frame.
If you have more questions about the Tuft & Needle mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from Google Reviews on the Tuft & Needle mattress.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.