Hybrid: foam, latex and pocket coils
10-year limited warranty
Luxury mattress designed for heavier sleepers
WinkBed PLUS highlights
- The WinkBed PLUS is a luxury mattress is designed specifically for heavier individuals.
- The support system of the PLUS has a triple-zone pocketed coil system for deep support through the hips and midsection, enhanced edge support so you can sleep to the bed’s edge, and high-density foams to ensure durability.
- The PLUS features a unique layer of high-density latex foam to provide proper responsiveness and bounce for heavier users.
- Great for heavier users who want to maximize pressure relief and support without sacrificing comfort.
Mattress Advisor score for the WinkBed PLUS
Here’s how the WinkBed PLUS mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how theWinkBed PLUS mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.2 / 10
WinkBed PLUS mattress review
Take a deeper look into our review of the WinkBed PLUS mattress, including our methodology, scoring and mattress performance to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Set up test
The WinkBed PLUS mattress is delivered full size and is surprisingly light for its size. WinkBeds offers white glove delivery for an additional fee of $99. With white glove delivery, WinkBeds does all the heavy lifting. All you have to do is answer the door!
So for ease of the set-up, we give the WinkBed PLUS an 8.5.
Motion Transfer Test
Motion transfer is just a fancy way of saying how much movement you feel if your partner is moving around. You want this to be pretty minimal.
Part A - The Humans
The Mattress Advisor motion transfer test is a two-part test. We start by asking both Mark and Tavy to lie on the bed, blindfolded, and rate on a scale from 1 to 10 how much movement they felt when their partner was moving around with 10 being no movement at all.
According to Mark and Tavy, the WinkBed PLUS struggled a bit to keep motion transfer to a minimum. Both felt a lot of movement while their partner rolled around and climbed out of bed.
They gave it a collective score of 5.25 out of 10.
Part B - The Wine
Next, comes our wine test. This test gives a great visual indication of how much motion is being transferred from one side of the bed to another.
We had Tavy lie down and roll back and forth a few times. We then took a look at how much the wine inside of the glass moved.
The WinkBed PLUS struggled to handle its wine – that glass was fairly tilty. So we gave it a 6 out of 10 for our wine test.
So for the total motion transfer test, the WinkBed PLUS scores a 5.6.
Edge Support Test
When choosing a mattress, you may not think to consider how much support the edge provides. But if you find yourself sleeping on the edge of your bed or use the end to get ready in the morning, you should definitely consider how much edge support the bed provides.
The Mattress Advisor edge support test is a two-part test.
Part A - The Shoe Test
To start, we asked both Mark and Tavy to sit on the edge of the bed to tie their shoes. They rated this task on a scale from one to ten, with 10 being “extremely easy, with exceptional edge support.”
The WinkBed PLUS offered a decent amount of edge support, but Mark and Tavy did feel a slight sag on the edge of the mattress. So the WinkBed PLUS scored a 6.25 for the edge shoe test.
Part B - The Side Test
Next, we had Mark and Tavy lie on the edge of the bed in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back, to see if they could sleep comfortably in that section of the bed.
Once again, Mark and Tavy found it a little difficult to lay on the edge. So for the edge support side, the WinkBed PLUS scored a 7 out of 10.
So for the total edge-support score, the WinkBed PLUS gets a 6.6.
Pressure Relief Test
When shopping for a mattress, you’ll want to find something that puts minimal pressure on your hips, thighs and shoulders. Let’s take a look at how well the WinkBed PLUS provides pressure relief.
We measure pressure relief by using a pressure mapping film that shows areas of high pressure. Here’s what you need to know: the cool spots are good and the warms spots are bad. The warmer the color, the more pressure is being placed on that area of the body.
We saw a mostly blue and green on Tavy with warmer tones concentrated in her hips, so we gave her an 8 out of 10.
When on the WinkBed PLUS, we saw a decent amount of red in Mark’s shoulders. So we give him a 6.5 out of 10 for pressure relief.
So for the total pressure relief score, the WinkBed PLUS scores a 7.25.
Spine Alignment Test
Did you know your sleeping posture is just as important as your posture when you are awake? For every mattress we test, we take a look at how well it keeps your spine in a straight line.
We took a close up of both Mark and Tavy’s backs to see the alignment. You’ll want to see a straight line from the neck all the way to the tailbone.
The WinkBed PLUS did a great job of keeping both Mark and Tavy’s spines in alignment.
For this test we give the WinkBed PLUS a 8.5.
Responsiveness is just a fancy way of saying how well the mattress adjusts or responds to your sleeping positions while you sleep. This becomes important when considering how quickly and easily you get comfortable when moving around.
We had Mark and Tavy lie in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back. As they changed positions and got settled in, we asked them to rate on a scale from one to ten how quickly and easily the mattress responded to their movement.
The WinkBed PLUS has a decent response rate.
They scored the it an 8 out of 10 for responsiveness.
The total Mattress Advisor score for the WinkBed PLUS mattress:
The WInkBed PLUS will work on any firm, flat surface.
What makes WinkBed PLUS different from other mattresses?
A recurring issue among heavy sleepers is mattress sag (aka the impressions left in your mattress overtime). According to WinkBed founder, Dan Adler, ehe cause for mattress sag lies in the quality and density of the foam layers.
The WinkBed PLUS is constructed with high-density foam cushioning, with a minimum density of 1.8 pcf (pounds per cubic foot). That’s over 50% denser than the foam in a standard innerspring mattress and is considered sag-proof.
WinkBeds recommends their PLUS mattress if:
- You’re a heavier user who wants a mattress
specifically designed for you and your needs.
- You’re a heavier user who wants a hybrid
mattress with a luxury medium-firm feel.
- You’re a heavier user who wants to maximize pressure relief and body support without sacrificing comfort.
- You’re a heavier user who wants a durable
mattress that won’t break down prematurely.
What to watch out for
- The WinkBed PLUS mattress is rated at a 6.5/10 firmness level for sleepers over 300 lbs. For individuals that way under 300 lbs, this mattress will feel more firm.
- This mattress is not delivered compressed and rolled up but delivered at full size. You can get in contact with customer service if you have delivery preferences.
- Note that there may be a slight odor after you unbox your WinkBed PLUS. This should go away within a few days.
WinkBed PLUS sizes available
- Twin: $949
- Twin XL: $1,049
- Full: $1,199
- Queen: $1,499
- King: $1,699
- Cal King: $1,749
A look inside
The WinkBed Luxury Firm mattress is a hybrid construction of foam, latex, and coils. Specifically, the PLUS features a high-density latex foam layer to provide the needed responsiveness and bounce for heavier users.
- Tencel Cover: This cover made with a botanical-based fabric naturally wicks away moisture for a cool and dry sleep.
- 1” Hypersoft Foam: Optimized for pressure relief, this foam contours to the shape of your sleeping position without leaving body impressions. Always buoyant, never sinky.
- 1” Premium Gel Foam: Designed to absorb motion transfer so you stay asleep all night long.
- 7-zoned support latex: In contrast to the original WinkBed, the PLUS replaces the micro-coil layer with a 7-zoned support layer of latex for durability and support.
- Lumbar-Support Pad: This pre-densified cotton layer helps reduce tension in the back by providing pressure relief and lower back support.
- Tempered Pocket Coils: These individually wrapped tempered steel coils are separated into three individualized support zones and reinforced in 246 places to actively push back against your body weight ensuring localized pressure point relief for support and spine alignment.
- 2” High-ILD foam: This dense perimeter of high-ILD foam creates durability and unmatched edge support.
What WinkBed PLUS customers have to say
- “We recently purchased a new Wink after having tried a couple of the popular foam and latex beds. We liked them all, but none were firm enough and our backs suffered. The Wink is plenty firm, but is not so hard as to be uncomfortable. I’m 6’01” and 230 lbs and now, finally, I don’t wake up with my back bothering more than when I went to bed. “ – Mike C.
- “Drawn by the generous return policy, I took a leap of faith ordering a mattress I’d never seen or touched. I am so, SO glad I did. I’ve had this mattress over a month now and every single day I wake up without any memory of moving around or waking up the night before. I am less stiff and better rested every day.” – Chantal B.
- “I originally purchased a premium online only memory foam mattress to replace my aging innerspring, and never slept well on it, eventually returning it. After extensive research, I chose the WinkBeds, and am very happy I did. The build quality and construction is comparable to mattresses 2-3x the cost, and I have slept great from day one.” – Robert H.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The WinkBed PLUS mattress comes with free delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 7-14 business days.
The WinkBed PLUS mattress comes in a mattress-sized box. You will simply unbox and set up on your preferred foundation.
The WinkBed PLUS mattress will work on any firm, flat surface. This includes a box foundation, flat frames, slats, adjustable frames or even the floor.
If you’re not in love with your WinkBed PLUS mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 101-night trial period. WinkBeds will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress and donate it to a local charity or recycle it. WinkBeds asks you give the mattress a try for at least 30 nights.
The WinkBed PLUS mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Winkbeds recommends that you vacuum your mattress every couple of weeks to clean out dust and dander.
Most mattresses on retail showroom floors use components that are known to soften over time. For heavier sleepers, this type of softening can occur at an accelerated pace.
- Made in the USA
- The foams used to make WinkBed mattresses are CertiPUR-US Certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
Other products sold by WinkBeds
If you have more questions about the WinkBed mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating derived WinkBeds.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.