Hybrid: foam, latex and pocket coils
10-year limited warranty
Luxury mattress designed for heavier sleepers
WinkBed PLUS highlights
- The WinkBed PLUS is a luxury mattress is designed specifically for heavier individuals.
- The support system of the PLUS has a triple-zone pocketed coil system for deep support through the hips and midsection, enhanced edge support so you can sleep to the bed’s edge, and high-density foams to ensure durability.
- The PLUS features a unique layer of high-density latex foam to provide proper responsiveness and bounce for heavier users.
- Great for heavier users who want to maximize pressure relief and support without sacrificing comfort.
The WInkBed PLUS will work on any firm, flat surface.
What makes WinkBed PLUS different from other mattresses?
A recurring issue among heavy sleepers is mattress sag (aka the impressions left in your mattress overtime). According to WinkBed founder, Dan Adler, ehe cause for mattress sag lies in the quality and density of the foam layers.
The WinkBed PLUS is constructed with high-density foam cushioning, with a minimum density of 1.8 pcf (pounds per cubic foot). That’s over 50% denser than the foam in a standard innerspring mattress and is considered sag-proof.
WinkBeds recommends their PLUS mattress if:
- You’re a heavier user who wants a mattress
specifically designed for you and your needs.
- You’re a heavier user who wants a hybrid
mattress with a luxury medium-firm feel.
- You’re a heavier user who wants to maximize pressure relief and body support without sacrificing comfort.
- You’re a heavier user who wants a durable
mattress that won’t break down prematurely.
What to watch out for
- The WinkBed PLUS mattress is rated at a 6.5/10 firmness level for sleepers over 300 lbs. For individuals that way under 300 lbs, this mattress will feel more firm.
- This mattress is not delivered compressed and rolled up but delivered at full size. You can get in contact with customer service if you have delivery preferences.
- Note that there may be a slight odor after you unbox your WinkBed PLUS. This should go away within a few days.
WinkBed PLUS sizes available
- Twin: $949
- Twin XL: $1,049
- Full: $1,199
- Queen: $1,499
- King: $1,699
- Cal King: $1,749
A look inside
The WinkBed Luxury Firm mattress is a hybrid construction of foam, latex, and coils. Specifically, the PLUS features a high-density latex foam layer to provide the needed responsiveness and bounce for heavier users.
- Tencel Cover: This cover made with a botanical-based fabric naturally wicks away moisture for a cool and dry sleep.
- 1” Hypersoft Foam: Optimized for pressure relief, this foam contours to the shape of your sleeping position without leaving body impressions. Always buoyant, never sinky.
- 1” Premium Gel Foam: Designed to absorb motion transfer so you stay asleep all night long.
- 7-zoned support latex: In contrast to the original WinkBed, the PLUS replaces the micro-coil layer with a 7-zoned support layer of latex for durability and support.
- Lumbar-Support Pad: This pre-densified cotton layer helps reduce tension in the back by providing pressure relief and lower back support.
- Tempered Pocket Coils: These individually wrapped tempered steel coils are separated into three individualized support zones and reinforced in 246 places to actively push back against your body weight ensuring localized pressure point relief for support and spine alignment.
- 2” High-ILD foam: This dense perimeter of high-ILD foam creates durability and unmatched edge support.
What WinkBed PLUS customers have to say
- “We recently purchased a new Wink after having tried a couple of the popular foam and latex beds. We liked them all, but none were firm enough and our backs suffered. The Wink is plenty firm, but is not so hard as to be uncomfortable. I’m 6’01” and 230 lbs and now, finally, I don’t wake up with my back bothering more than when I went to bed. “ – Mike C.
- “Drawn by the generous return policy, I took a leap of faith ordering a mattress I’d never seen or touched. I am so, SO glad I did. I’ve had this mattress over a month now and every single day I wake up without any memory of moving around or waking up the night before. I am less stiff and better rested every day.” – Chantal B.
- “I originally purchased a premium online only memory foam mattress to replace my aging innerspring, and never slept well on it, eventually returning it. After extensive research, I chose the WinkBeds, and am very happy I did. The build quality and construction is comparable to mattresses 2-3x the cost, and I have slept great from day one.” – Robert H.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The WinkBed PLUS mattress comes with free delivery and should arrive at your doorstep within 7-14 business days.
The WinkBed PLUS mattress comes in a mattress-sized box. You will simply unbox and set up on your preferred foundation.
The WinkBed PLUS mattress will work on any firm, flat surface. This includes a box foundation, flat frames, slats, adjustable frames or even the floor.
If you’re not in love with your WinkBed PLUS mattress, you can return it for a full refund within your 101-night trial period. WinkBeds will arrange for a representative to come to your home to pick up your mattress and donate it to a local charity or recycle it. WinkBeds asks you give the mattress a try for at least 30 nights.
The WinkBed PLUS mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Winkbeds recommends that you vacuum your mattress every couple of weeks to clean out dust and dander.
Most mattresses on retail showroom floors use components that are known to soften over time. For heavier sleepers, this type of softening can occur at an accelerated pace.
- Made in the USA
- The foams used to make WinkBed mattresses are CertiPUR-US Certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
Other products sold by WinkBeds
If you have more questions about the WinkBed mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating derived WinkBeds.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.