WinkBeds EcoCloud Mattress Review
WinkBeds EcoCloud Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: November 2022
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.5/10|
|✔️Type: Latex Foam Hybrid|
|✔️Firmness: Medium firm|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️120-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️Lifetime Limited Warranty|
Save $300 on Mattresses
In short: The WinkBeds EcoCloud is a latex hybrid mattress with pocketed coils covered by Talalay latex, a 100% natural material that’s sustainably sourced and eco-friendly. It’s durable, medium firm, and—with its bounciness and responsiveness—one of the best mattresses for sex.
Who Is the EcoCloud Best For?
|WinkBeds EcoCloud Mattress is best for:||WinkBeds EcoCloud Mattress may not be best for:|
Our Favorite Aspects
- The Talalay latex is 100% natural, in addition to being OEKO-Tex100 certified. That means it’s sustainably sourced and hypoallergenic.
- The bed’s construction features zoning in the latex, as well as in the network of innerspring coils. This means that it’s softer at the head and foot, then firmer toward the center.
- Thanks to its firmness level (medium firm), the EcoCloud is bouncy and responsive, meaning you’re unlikely to sink into the bed or feel that “stuck” sensation. All of this makes it a good mattress for sex.
Based in Wisconsin, WinkBeds produces mattresses that are hand-made-to-order from American-sourced, high quality materials. Some of their most notable beds have included the original WinkBed (often cited as one of the best mattresses for back pain), the WinkBeds Luxury Firm, and the WinkBeds Plus. In today’s review, we’ll take a look at their eco-friendly option, the EcoCloud, from its pros and cons to whom it might be good for and what the buying process is like. By the time you’re done reading, you should have a good idea of whether or not it’s the right quality mattress for you.
Mattress Lab Testing Scores
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the EcoCloud Mattress: 8.5/10 ⭐
The Pros and the Cons
- Responsiveness: Like many hybrid mattresses, the EcoCloud has a lot of bounce and responsiveness, because of its coils. The fact that it has characteristics of an innerspring mattress should make it fairly easy to switch positions.
- Social Impact: All of WinkBeds’ mattresses are handmade in the United States, resulting in reliable materials and domestic job creation.
- Pressure Relief: The EcoCloud does a good job of providing the right amount of pressure relief across the body so you can wake up feeling well rested and free of aches.
- Sleeping Position: Stomach sleepers probably won’t get the support they need from this bed (unless you’re under 130 lbs).
- Customer Service: Although you can email WinkBeds or call them during business hours, there isn’t a live chat option for customer service.
- Cost: The EcoCloud is a bit on the expensive side, and might not be the best fit for anyone who’s on a budget.
- Edge Support: This mattress tends to collapse when you sit on the edge of the bed but shouldn’t be too much of a problem for the average sleeper.
Where it Falls on the Firmness Scale
The EcoCloud scored a 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, placing it in the category of medium firm. The latex layer is meant to sink in just a bit before getting countered by the firmer support of the coils below. While it’s not an extremely firm mattress, it isn’t exactly a soft memory-foam experience, either. It’s somewhere in between: bouncy, responsive, and supportive.
What Sleeping Positions Does it Support?
The balanced feel of the EcoCloud should support back sleepers of all weights, with the soft New Zealand wool and latex on top offering just a bit of contouring while the coils give a lift from below and airflow. This combination could also be a decent match for side sleepers. Stomach sleepers tend to need a mattress with a bit more firmness and support, and are probably better off looking elsewhere, unless they are on the light side in weight.
Latex and springs are both known for sleeping cool, especially when compared to the heat-trapping properties of a memory foam mattress. When coupled with an organic cotton cover, the mattress’s breathability was less noticeable. Most average sleepers probably won’t mind the lack of cooling features but it may not be a great option for hot sleepers.
WinkBeds doesn’t list a specific weight capacity, but anyone up to 230 pounds should feel supported by the EcoCloud. Anyone over 230 pounds might want to seek out a supportive bed—check out our Best Mattresses For Heavy People guide. The WinkBeds Plus is an especially good option for heavier stomach sleepers.
Bed Frame Support
The EcoCloud is compatible with all bed frame styles, including adjustable frames. WinkBeds even has several frame options of its own, from a heavy-duty frame to an adjustable “WinkBase.”
A Look Inside the WinkBeds EcoCloud
Across four distinct layers, the EcoCloud combines the powers of wool, natural latex, and pocketed coils for a balanced sleeping experience. Let’s take a closer look at the bed’s construction to see what exactly it’s made of.
- Mattress Cover: Made from organic cotton, the EcoCloud cover is both soft to the touch and breathable.
- Wool Comfort Layer: Next, you’ll encounter a top layer of plush New Zealand wool that adds some more softness and a superficial layer of contouring to the bed.
- Natural Latex Comfort Layer (4”): After that, it’s on to the generous portion of zoned Talalay latex foam.
- Coiled Support Layer: Finally, the zoned pocketed coils work to provide spinal support near the center of the mattress. Conversely, the head and foot are softer for great pressure relief. Then, at the edge of the mattress, the coils once again get firmer for an ExtraEdge Anti-Sag Support system. This is meant to give the bed a strong foundation for edge support.
Mattress Size and Cost
|Twin||38″ x 75″ x 12.5″||78 lbs.||$1,399|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″ x 12.5″||81 lbs.||$1,499|
|Full||54″ x 75″ x 12.5″||100 lbs.||$1,699|
|Queen||60″ x 80″ x 12.5″||117 lbs.||$1,999|
|King||76″ x 80″ x 12.5″||135 lbs.||$2,399|
|California King||72″ xx 84″ x 12.5″||135 lbs.||$2,399|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the EcoCloud mattress.
WinkBeds Company Info
Now it’s time to succinctly break down the purchasing process so you can know exactly what to expect when buying a bed or any sleep accessory from WinkBeds.
- Delivery: Free delivery
- Trial period: 120-night sleep trial
- Warranty: Lifetime limited warranty
- Return policy: Free returns
How Shipping Works
WinkBeds offers free shipping through UPS ground. Beds arrive within 7–10 business days. While delivery is free, the service does not include assembly. All mattresses are bed-in-a-box; they are compressed, rolled into a 20”x20”x44” box, then delivered right to your house or apartment.
Explaining the Warranty
The EcoCloud boasts a limited lifetime warranty, which applies to the original purchaser of the mattress, as long as they buy it directly from WinkBeds or any WinkBeds-authorized retailer. The warranty covers any deterioration on an old mattress that’s over 1.5” and not the result of improper assembly or an unsupportive bed base. The warranty does not cover any damage to the bed that’s the result of neglect, spilled liquid, or stains.
Contacting a Customer Service Representative
WinkBeds has an informative FAQ section on their website, as well as an email form and customer service line that’s available 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily to help you with your new mattress. However, there isn’t a live chat option. If you contact the company outside of business hours, you’ll have to wait until they get back to you. That being said, they’re usually good about doing so within a day or so.
Using the Return Policy
Since WinkBeds has a generous 120-night sleep trial, the company asks that you try out your mattress for at least 30 days before deciding whether or not to return it. If you do decide that it’s not the right mattress for you, simply contact WinkBeds, and they’ll send someone to pick up the bed and issue a refund. If you decide to exchange your mattress for another WinkBed mattress during the trial period, there is a $49 charge that covers the new mattress delivery.
Is the EcoCloud the Best Mattress for You?
Anyone who cares about the environment can rest assured that the EcoCloud’s latex is 100% organic. Not only that, the material tends to sleep cool and works in tandem with the pocketed coils to appeal to back and side sleepers alike. Folks who sleep in either of these positions will likely find a lot to love in this bed, as long as they prefer the responsive nature of the bed’s medium firmness. This trait also makes it a good choice for sex.
Stomach sleepers, however, may need something different. The other factor to consider is price. Like many hybrid, natural latex beds, the EcoCloud is a bit on the expensive side.
: What type of latex is used in the WinkBeds EcoCloud?
The bed is made from Talalay natural latex.
: Is this an eco-friendly mattress?
Yes. The natural Talalay latex layer of this organic mattress is OEKO-Tex100 certified and 100% natural, so it shouldn’t experience off-gassing.
: Where is the WinkBeds EcoCloud made?
Like all of WinkBeds’ mattresses, the EcoCloud is made in the USA.