All-natural latex mattress; flippable
Soft side: 4-5/10; Firm side: 7-8/10
20-year limited warranty
Durable natural latex mattress by Saatva
- You might have a bit of sticker shock when you see the price of the ZenHaven but it’s actually still a good deal considering what you’re getting: a luxury, natural mattress that can be flipped for either soft or firm preference.
- Because this is latex, you won’t get as much “hug” as you would with a memory foam mattress, but it will offer great pressure relief and spinal support.
Mattress Advisor score for the ZenHaven
Here’s how the ZenHaven mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
8.6 / 10
ZenHaven mattress review
See how the ZenHaven performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
What makes ZenHaven different from other mattresses?
- The ZenHaven naturally resists mold and microbes and is built to last 20 years with normal usage. While this depends on a number of factors, including the people sleeping on it, latex does tend to have the longest lifespan.
- It’s nearly impossible for a mattress to be 100% organic, but the ZenHaven is “as green as modern manufacturing will allow.” All the latex layers in the mattress are made from 100% natural latex, the flame-retardant is made from natural 100% organic New Zealand wool, and the cover from organic cotton. There is, however, a small amount of non-toxic, inorganic material used to convert natural latex from its liquid, tree-tapped form to its solid form.
- ZenHaven also offers free in-home set-up for your new mattress and removal for your old mattress.
What to watch out for
- If you decide to return your ZenHaven mattress, you will get your money back, minus a $99 return fee.
- The cover of the ZenHaven may have natural markings on it since it is made with 100% organic cotton. This is normal and is the result of the organic cleansing process that takes place.
ZenHaven sizes available
- Twin: $1299
- Twin XL: $1349
- Full: $1699
- Queen: $1899
- King: $2499
- Cal King: $2499
A look inside
ZenHaven is made up of all natural latex layers and is also flippable for softer (Luxury Plush) or firmer (Gentle Firm) preference. The layers below are listed as a sandwich.
- Top/bottom layer (firm) – 5-zone comfort layer that provides firmer support where you need it to help with spinal alignment
- Middle layers – latex support cores (x2) for more resilient support
- Bottom/top layer (soft) – same 5-zone comfort layer, but softer to contour your body more
- Cover – organic cotton cover with wool lining to help with breathability and moisture wicking
What ZenHaven customers have to say
- “We have had our mattress for over a month now are extremely happy with our purchase. Not only are we sleeping better, there’s no aches and pains in the morning. These mattresses are great for adjustable frames too.” – Carrie B.
- “I researched so much on a mattress and am so happy I ended up with this one. I am a chiropractor and my patients are always asking me what is best for them. I advise them to all look to Zenhaven now. My sister has also bought one and loves it just as much. Thank you so much! VERY pleased!” – Katie U.
- “I have had my Zenhaven mattress for two months and could not be more pleased. It is everything that the other reviews state. Be sure to give it a few weeks to loosen up and you will be sleeping better than you have ever slept in your life. I highly recommend!” – Dick D.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
ZenHaven will deliver the mattress anywhere in the continental U.S. for free and dispatch two delivery team members to set up your mattress for you. (This can take around 2 weeks or so since they’re made to order.) Due to the heavy weight of the mattress, they will also send representatives to your house to flip the mattress for you at no cost. You can choose to have the delivery team remove your old mattress at no cost to you as well.
You’ll want a flat surface to place your ZenHaven mattress on. If your box spring/foundation is in very good condition, meaning it’s sturdy and isn’t sagging, it should work ﬁne.
If you decide the ZenHaven isn’t for you during your 120-day home trial, it can be returned for a full and prompt refund of the purchase price, less a $99 handling fee.
The ZenHaven comes with a 20-year limited warranty.
If you need to clean your mattress, just spot clean the stain using cold water and a gentle detergent.
- Made in the USA.
- As noted above, ZenHaven is one of the greenest mattresses available.
- You can also have your new mattress set up and your old mattress removed without ever lifting a finger (except of course to click “add to cart.”)
Other products sold by ZenHaven
- Saatva also offers an adjustable base called The Lineal ($1,399 for queen), and an additional foundation or stationary frame ($250 for queen foundation / $99 for queen frame).
If you have more questions about the ZenHaven mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.