Zenhaven Latex Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
Our Impression: The Zenhaven Latex Mattress boasts customizable firmness, free white glove delivery, and exceptional edge support. This natural latex bed is ideal for couples and combination sleepers thanks to its impressive responsiveness and motion transfer. Luxurious and durable, the Zenhaven will be sure to provide you with years of healthy and comfortable sleep.
Who Is the Zenhaven Latex Mattress Best For?
|Zenhaven is best for:||Zenhaven may not be best for:|
The Zenhaven mattress is a natural Talalay latex bed from the reliable mattress company, Saatva. Dual-sided and organic, the Zenhaven bed is one of the best mattresses for seniors, a solid choice from our best natural organic mattresses, and one of our top-rated best latex mattresses. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about the Zenhaven bed, like customer reviews, and product specs like sizes and prices.
What Makes the Zenhaven Latex Mattress Stand Out:
- Because the Zenhaven is made with latex foam, you will be able to stay cool and comfortable throughout the night. Latex is a cool material naturally, so say goodbye to those pesky night sweats! Latex is also naturally resistant to allergens and dust mites.
- It provides the contour feeling of foam without any sinkage. Latex is a buoyant, bouncy material that helps with pressure relief and spinal support.
- The Zenhaven bed is flippable and offers two different firmness levels—gentle firm or luxury plush. This makes this mattress universal for sleepers of many different positions and sleeping styles. Not to mention Saatva will also come to flip your mattress should you desire a different firmness level—the Zenhaven is quite heavy so this is a nice bonus.
- Saatva offers free white-glove delivery and setup with the purchase of a Zenhaven bed, making the process that much easier for you. Plus, they’ll even remove your old mattress and foundation for you!
- Although this bed is priced higher than others, for a luxury, high-quality natural mattress that can be flipped to either the soft side or firm side, this is still a great deal. Most luxury mattresses from retail brands are priced higher than the Zenhaven. It also comes with a long warranty so you are protected for a while.
Watch as our team takes the Zenhaven Latex Mattress through a series of performance tests; you know you want to see how it measures up.
Take a look at our score breakdown for the Zenhaven mattress to see which areas this mattress excels in. Our final score is a combined weighted total of each score. We rate each test and the total score on a scale of 1 to 10. To learn more about this procedure, read all about our review process.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Zenhaven Mattress: 8.5/10⭐
The Best/Worst Things About Zenhaven
- Free White Glove Delivery: You don’t have to lift a finger. Just open the door when your mattress arrives and Saatva will take care of setting up your new mattress and removing your old one for you.
- Dual-Sided: Two firmness levels for the price of one! The Zenhaven’s customizable firmness allows you to choose between the luxury plush or gentle firm side, making this bed great for sleepers of all positions. Even better: Saatva will send its team members to flip the mattress for you at no cost so you don’t have to worry about trying to flip it yourself.
- Edge Support: Zenhaven earned an impressive score for edge support meaning that the bed is not only highly durable, but also capable of supporting you while you’re sitting at the edge of the bed getting dressed or tying your shoes. Zenhaven’s excellent edge support lets you do all of these things without creating sagging in the mattress, helping to extend the bed’s life.
- Responsiveness: Edge support’s not the only thing the Zenhaven bed earned a near-perfect score in—this mattress also boasts incredible responsiveness. The Zenhaven is highly adaptable and moves with your body as you toss and turn throughout the night- a dream for combination sleepers.
- Made in the US: The Zenhaven bed is made to order right here in the USA. Made to order, in fact.
- Price: Because this is a dual-sided luxury mattress, the Zenhaven mattress isn’t the most affordable option.
- Motion Isolation: The Zenhaven mattress doesn’t do a very good job of isolating motion which can be problematic for couples who sleep together.
Let’s take a deeper look into what makes the Zenhaven Latex mattress so great. We’ll dive into all the practical stuff you need to know including exact measurements, the materials inside, and more!
The Zenhaven mattress has dual-sided firmness meaning you can customize the bed’s firmness depending on your desired comfort level. One side is “Luxury Plush” which is the softer option while the other side is “Gentle Firm” and the more firm option. Customers can choose which comfort level they prefer at checkout so the delivery team can position your mattress correctly during setup. If you decide after a few nights of sleeping on your Zenhaven bed that you would like to try the other side, Saatva will come to flip your mattress for you.
What Sleeping Position Does Zenhaven Match?
Due to the customizable firmness, this natural latex mattress can support sleepers of all positions. The luxury plush side benefits stomach sleepers and side sleepers the most as it provides a softer contour feel. The gentle-firm side compliments back sleepers the most by providing sturdier support and spinal alignment. Combination sleepers would especially benefit from Zenhaven’s excellent responsiveness; as you move, the bed responds to every position your body shifts to meaning you’ll be comfortable no matter the sleep style.
Want to compare Zenhaven to the competition? Head over to our guides below.
Zenhaven Cooling Factors
Because the Zenhaven mattress is a latex bed, it sleeps cool naturally. Latex is a cool material and is resistant to allergens, so you’ll be sure to sleep cool and comfortable throughout the night. This flippable bed is also wrapped in an organic cotton cover that promotes breathability and moisture-wicking helping to prevent night sweats or any unwanted warmth.
Does the Zenhaven Match Your Body Type?
The Zenhaven does not have a weight limit making this a great mattress for sleepers of all weights and sizes.
Do You Need a Specific Bed Frame?
The Zenhaven bed works best on sturdy, flat surfaces with the exception of slatted foundations. While Saatva does recommend their own foundation and box to support the Zenhaven, you can still choose to use your own foundation as long as it’s under 5 years old and doesn’t creak, dip, or have soft spots.
This bed can also work on adjustable bases, platform bases, and even the floor. Keep in mind that queen-sized and larger beds need to have at least one center leg on the bed frame.
Inside the Zenhaven Mattress
The Zenhaven mattress is a dual-sided bed composed of three all-natural latex layers. Wrapped in an organic cotton cover, the Zenhaven promotes both breathability and comfort. It also uses GOTS certified organic New Zealand wool to naturally wick away moisture and keep you cool while you sleep.
- Quilted Cover: The Zenhaven mattress is covered with an organic cotton cover, which is naturally hypoallergenic and breathable. It also has a Lumbar Zone® Quilting to give you more support in the center third of your mattress and an exclusive Saatva Guardin™ botanical antimicrobial treatment to prevent mold and bacteria growth.
- Gentle-Firm Side: Made with Saatva’s unique “5-Zone” comfort layer, this layer is designed to provide different support levels across different areas of the body. “Pinholes” are formed during the Talalay process and vary in size and distribution helping to create different densities throughout the layer. The firmer side offers more solid support beneath the torso and shoulders to support spine alignment.
- Latex Support Core: A support layer makes up the core of the mattress and consists of 6″ of 100% Talalay latex for durable support and optimal support while you sleep.
- Luxury-Plush Side: This side is made with the same “5-Zone” design as the gentle-firm side but with a softer feel that would appeal to stomach sleepers. It offers excellent support and contouring for your pressure points.
|Twin||38” x 75” x 10”||80 lbs||$1,549|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 10″||82 lbs||$1,748|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||100 lbs||$2,295|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||125 lbs||$2,695|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||165 lbs||$3,295|
|Split King||76” x 80” x 10”||165 lbs||$3,496|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 10″||165 lbs||$3,295|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive Saatva offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Zenhaven Latex mattress.
Setting Up the Mattress
The Zenhaven will be ready to sleep on upon arrival and will not be compressed. However, the bed will arrive in a box the same dimensions of the size selected. The bed is also quite heavy, but luckily you won’t have to lift a finger! Zenhaven offers free white glove delivery meaning two delivery team members will set up your mattress for you.
Keep in mind that it’s completely normal for your Zenhaven mattress to have some mild off-gassing upon unboxing, but this scent should dissipate within a few hours.
Thinking about purchasing a Zenhaven mattress? Read on for a breakdown of all the buying information you need to know.
|Delivery||Free delivery and set-up|
|Trial Period||365 days|
|Return Policy||$99 fee for returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
The Shipping and Delivery Process
It takes anywhere from 9-21 days for your Zenhaven mattress to be delivered. Zenhaven’s beds are handcrafted and made to order, so once your bed is ready to be delivered, their delivery team will reach out to schedule a delivery date that works best for you.
Once delivered, the Zenhaven team offers free set up so you can sit back and relax while they set up your bed for you. Zenhaven will also remove your old mattress free of charge.
Your Sleep Trial Period
Your Zenhaven mattress comes with a 365-night sleep trial, which begins the day your bed is delivered. The sleep trial means should you decide this isn’t the bed for you within those 365 days, you can contact customer support to have a Zenhaven representative come pick the mattress up and donate it locally. You will then receive a full refund for your purchase, minus the $99 return fee.
Recognize that it can take some time to break a new mattress in, so Zenhaven recommends you give your new bed 30 days before making any decisions.
The Zenhaven Warranty
Saatva offers a lifetime warranty, meaning that if you deem your Zenhaven mattress defective at any time during the two-year period following your delivery date, the Saatva company will replace it with a brand new mattress free of charge. Beyond those two years, Saatva will completely repair and re-cover your bed for transportation costs of $99 each way with no other charges. The warranty is valid only to the original purchaser and if you’ve used your mattress on a platform bed or adjustable base.
If your platform bed has slats, Saatva requires you to apply a layer of a solid surface such as plywood over the slates to create a uniform surface. If you use a metal frame, the warranty will be void if the foundation is not supported by a 5-or 6-legged metal bed frame on Queen or King size.
The Saatva Company also offers a “Fairness Replacement Option” should your bed be deemed defective separately and solely at your option. This option allows you to keep your original mattress and receive a brand new mattress, plus installation for 40% of the original price you paid in years 3 to 5 of your warranty. Within years 6 to 10, they will replace your mattress for only 60% of the original price and within years 11 to 15, they will replace your bed for only 80% of the price you paid. The transportation cost of $99 will apply to the delivery of your new bed.
To submit a claim, you can call Saatva’s mainline number at 1-877-672-2882. To learn more about the Fairness Replacement Option or about your mattress’s warranty in general, visit Saatva’s website.
Read More: Saatva Warranty
Customer Service Experience
To contact customer service, you can call Saatva’s main number at 1-877-672-2882 or chat with a representative on their site. Their main number is available for calls 24/7 and their chat feature is available 7 days a week. You also have the option to email their customer service team at email@example.com. The Zenhaven mattress earned a near-perfect score for customer service so safe to say you’ll be in good hands.
Take a look at what makes customers love Saatva’s customer service:
- “I’ve had my Zenhaven for nearly two years and I love it! The price is great and the customer service is amazing. I can’t give a high enough recommendation and would happily buy another if I slept in two beds!”- Mary Lynn
- “When I called recently with an issue that wasn’t really their problem/fault, they went above and beyond to make sure we stayed in love with their product. And that was even more remarkable given that we had purchased our mattress quite a while ago. Best experience I have had with a company in a long while.”- B Moore
- “Customer service could not have been better: kept me well informed when there was an unexpected delay. Delivered as promised by two very professional delivery people.” – Paulette B.
Mattress Return Policy
When it comes to returns, Zenhaven makes it easy. You are only responsible for the $99 transportation cost of returning your bed. If you find that your Zenhaven bed isn’t a great match during your 365-night trial, you can return your bed for a full and prompt refund of the purchase price minus the transportation cost. Based on the condition of the mattress, Saatva will either donate your returned bed to a local shelter or dispose of the bed if it’s in poor condition.
Read More: Saatva Mattress Return Policy
Reasons You Should/Should Not Buy the Zenhaven
To the eco-conscious consumer, a natural latex bed is about as green as a mattress filling can get, not to mention this bed is also two-sided: that’s two beds for the price of one! If you find that you are indecisive, you toss and turn, or you sleep hot, you’ve found a winner in Zenhaven. As an added bonus, this bed comes with a lifetime warranty, a 365-day trial period, and excellent customer service.
However, if you can’t get over the feel of a traditional spring mattress, don’t worry. You can still find an eco-friendly bed with the bouncy springiness you love. We suggest the Awara: it’s got natural latex, thick pocketed coils, and other organic materials. The Zenhaven’s high price tag may also be unappealing to those on a budget. Keep in mind that Saatva offers regular sales and discounts. For those looking for a more affordable option, consider one of our best cheap mattresses of 2022.
Other Saatva Product Reviews
Other Saatva Mattress Reviews
Is the Zenhaven mattress 100% organic?
Although every layer in this mattress is made with 100% natural organic latex, a tiny amount of nontoxic, inorganic material has to be added to the bed in order to transform natural latex from its liquid form to its solid form. This process occurs once the latex is harvested.
However, the cover is made of 100% organic New Zealand wool and organic cotton.
Does the Zenhaven mattress have a break-in period?
Yes – it may take up to 30 days to fully break in your Zenhaven mattress. This is why Saatva gives you 180 days to try out your mattress before making a final decision.
How does the dual-firmness work?
The Zenhaven mattress features two firmness options in one mattress. One side is “Luxury Plush” and the other is “Gentle Firm.” The luxury plush side is on the softer end of the firmness scale and the gentle firm side is on the firmer end.
When you purchase your Zenhaven mattress, you’ll be asked to indicate which comfort level you prefer so the Saatva team can set it up with the desired firmness on top. If the firmness level you decided on isn’t right for you, the mattress can be flipped to the other side. Due to the heavy weight of this mattress, Saatva will send its team members to flip the mattress for you at no cost.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.