The Zinus cover is not meant to be removed. Doing so could disturb the physical fire barrier and sacrifice comfort. To protect your mattress and cover from damage, use a waterproof mattress protector from day 1.
Zinus Hybrid Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
The bottom line: The Zinus Pressure Relief Gel Memory Foam iCoil hybrid mattress brings world-class comfort at a bargain price. By pairing contouring memory foam and individually encased coils, this mattress delivers spine support and pressure relief perfect for side sleepers. It comes in three sizes that fit most sleeper’s needs.
Who Is the Zinus Hybrid Mattress Best for?
|Zinus Hybrid is best for:||Zinus Hybrid may not be best for:|
Zinus manufactures a variety of hybrid mattresses. We’ve chosen one of their most popular models for this Zinus mattress review. We will share with you the pros and cons of the Pressure Relief Gel Memory Foam iCoil hybrid mattress, who it’s best for, and what to expect when you buy a new mattress from Zinus.
What we love about the Zinus Hybrid:
- The Zinus hybrid mattress brings luxury comfort at an affordable price point. At as low as $285 for a queen-size mattress, it’s one of the cheapest hybrid mattresses you’ll find.
- Every layer of the Zinus is made using the kind of technology that you find in more expensive mattresses. Individually encased coils support optimal spine alignment and pressure relief while dampening motion transfer across the mattress. And layers of plush memory foam and contouring ViscoLatex foam gently hug the curves.
- Thanks to cooling gel foam and airy innerspring coils, this hybrid mattress keeps sleepers cool and dry.
- The Pressure Relief Gel Memory Foam iCoil mattress comes in three thickness options—10”, 12”, and 14”. The thicker the mattress, the softer the sleeping surface. As a result, this hybrid fits the needs of most sleepers.
- The Zinus hybrid mattress has an elegant appearance. Its quilted cover is detailed with a gorgeous design, and the grey/black/white color scheme looks more like a $3,000 mattress than one that costs less than $500.
Zinus is a leader in the bed-in-a-box space. Their high-quality feel and competitive price point make them a top contender for anyone looking for the best bang-for-the-buck. Zinus memory foam mattresses feel as if you’re lying on a cloud, and their hybrid models combine this plush foam with individually encased innerspring coils for a responsive, contouring feel.
Related: Best Cheap Mattress for Your Budget
In this review, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about one of the most popular, and affordable, hybrid mattress models: the Pressure Relief Gel Memory Foam iCoil hybrid.
With an upper layer that feels like a plush pillow top and supportive, contouring high-density foam and innerspring coils, the experience is one of cushion and responsive support. The combination of springs and foam make this bed great for couples and combination sleepers—the bounce is good for adult activities and switching positions, while the foam dampens motion transfer.
This Zinus hybrid mattress comes in three sizes: 10”, 12” and 14” deep. The thicker the mattress, the softer it is. The three mattresses range from a plush medium to a supportive medium-firm. As such, most sleepers can find a Zinus hybrid that fits their needs.
Mattress Advisor Score Coming Soon!
Zinus Hybrid Performance Highlights
- Affordable Price: The Zinus hybrid is an incredible value. There are very few budget-friendly hybrid mattresses, and fewer that boast the benefits of plush memory foam and pocketed coils for a near-luxury sleeping experience.
- Responsiveness: When lying on a memory foam mattress, it can sometimes feel like you’re stuck in quicksand—not ideal for sex or switching sleep positions. But with the immediate spring-back of innerspring coils, you’ll never feel stuck in the Zinus hybrid. This is why we love this mattress for couples and combination sleepers.
- Pressure Relief: A common complaint with 100% innerspring mattress models is that pressure points like the hips and shoulder feel pinched and carry too much weight. Thanks to generous layers of marshmallow-y memory foam and contouring ViscoLatex foam, the Zinus hybrid relieves excess pressure at problem areas.
- Motion Isolation: Thanks to a thick layer of foam atop the innerspring coils, the Zinus hybrid doesn’t have excessive motion transfer. Motion transfer is what happens when your movements spread across the mattress to your partner, disrupting their sleep.
- Edge Support: Zinus utilizes high-density base support foam along the mattress perimeter. Thanks to this sturdy foam, the Zinus hybrid is reliably supportive along the edges. This makes getting in and out of bed easier and allows you to sleep along the edges.
- In our mattress lab, we’ve found Zinus mattresses to have below average durability. This problem is sometimes noted in customer reviews. While the mattresses are still a good value, don’t expect your Zinus mattress to last as long as a high-end mattress.
- We’ve found Zinus memory foam to take longer to expand than the average all-foam mattress. With a generous memory foam layer, your mattress may not reach its full size and shape for 3-7 days.
- Though it is made with CertiPUR-US foam, Zinus does emit an off-gassing smell.
In this section, you’ll learn everything about who is—and isn’t—best-served by the Zinus Pressure Relief Gel Memory Foam iCoil hybrid mattress.
How Firm is the Zinus Hybrid Mattress?
There are three options to choose from: the 10”, 12”, and 14”. The firmness of each mattress differs due to variations in the interior foam and innerspring layers. As a general rule, the Zinus hybrid gets softer with increasing thickness thanks to more marshmallow-y foam.
- The 10” is a medium-firm mattress. Thin foam layers (less than 2”) provide protection from the springs without giving up the firm, bouncy support that innersprings offer.
- The 12” is a medium mattress. With 4” of foam, there is ample cushion for those who like a balance of softness and support.
- The 14” is a plush medium mattress. With over 5” of foam, this is a great bed for those who love memory foam but want something that’s a bit more responsive.
What Sleeping Position Does the Zinus Hybrid Mattress Support?
The Zinus hybrid is a good fit for every sleep position:
- Side sleepers will find the plush foam feel of the 12” and 14” mattresses plush enough to comfortably cradle their shoulders and hips. The 14” is slightly softer and more supportive than the 12” thanks to an extra inch of both foam and innerspring coils. As such, the 14” is the best mattress for side sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds or more than 230 pounds. The extra cushion allows lightweight sleepers to sink in, while the added support keeps the heavyweight sleepers from sinking in too far.
- Back sleepers tend to prefer either the 10” or 12” mattress. The 10” option is better for back sleepers who like a firm feel, while the 12” is good for back sleepers who like the feel of sleeping on a pillow top.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress. Only the 10” is a good fit for stomach sleepers. Stomach sleepers who weigh more than 230 pounds are better suited by a firmer, thicker mattress.
- Combination sleepers will love the ease-of-movement created by the layer of innerspring coils. If you spend the most time on your front, opt for the 10”. If you spend much of your time on your side or back, go for the 12” if you like a medium feel and the 14” if you could use extra cushion and support.
Does the Zinus Hybrid Mattress Sleep Hot?
Thanks to temperature-regulating technology, the Zinus hybrid doesn’t trap excess heat. The gel infusion in the memory foam layer absorbs heat from the body, keeping the sleeping surface nice and cool. Cool air readily travels through the innerspring coils, dissipating body heat. The result is a cool, dry night’s sleep.
How Much Weight Does the Zinus Hybrid Mattress Support?
The Zinus hybrid has the following weight limits:
- Twin, Twin XL: 250 lbs.
- Full, Queen, King, California King: 500 lbs.
What Foundations or Bed Frames Can be Used with Zinus Hybrid?
Zinus mattresses are built to be low-maintenance. Their design facilitates use with any and all modern foundations and bed frames. This includes an adjustable base, platform bed, slatted base, a traditional frame and box spring, or bunkie board.
What is the Zinus Hybrid Mattress Made of?
The Zinus Pressure Relief Gel Memory Foam iCoil hybrid mattress is made using various layers of foam and innerspring coils. The three mattress options—10”, 12”, and 14”—vary in their feel thanks to different thicknesses of these layers.
- Quilted-Foam Pillow Top: The upper layer feels like a plush pillow top. It’s made from comfort foam quilted into the microfiber cover, with an elegant design. Along the sides, you’ll find handles that make it easy to move the mattress.
Comfort Layer: The second layer is Zinus’s proprietary gel-infused memory foam. It’s ultra-plush, gently hugging the body. This layer is thinnest in the 10” and thickest in the 14”, which is why the thicker mattresses have a softer feel. With cooling gel technology, this layer supports temperature neutrality.
Transition Layer: A generous layer of ViscoLatex foam provides a firm cushion that stops the body from sinking through the comfort layers. It balances the feel of the mattress, ensuring that there’s reliable body contouring.
Support Coils: A 7.5” to 8.5” section of pocket coils provides the supportive bounce that you expect from a hybrid mattress. Because the coils are pocketed rather than connected, movement doesn’t easily travel across the mattress surface. The Zinus hybrid mattress is one of the most affordable beds that utilizes the supportive, pressure-relieving benefits of pocket coils.
- High Density Base Support Foam: High density polyfoam is used along the mattress perimeter and underneath the coils for added durability and stability. The sturdy perimeter foam creates excellent edge support so you can sleep along the edge of your mattress.
Zinus Hybrid Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||39” x 75”||58 lbs.||$200|
|Full||54” x 75”||86 lbs.||$305|
|Queen||60” x 80””||103 lbs.||$349|
|King||76” x 80”||129 lbs.||$404|
|California King||76” x 84” x 14”||148 lbs.||$899|
*The prices in this chart are reflective of the 12” model. These prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Zinus Hybrid mattress.
Zinus Hybrid Mattress Unboxing
The Zinus hybrid mattress comes compressed in a long, thin box (compared to the width of a mattress, that is). It’s best to carry this box directly to where you want your mattress as it’s harder to maneuver once it’s out of the box.
Once you unbox and unroll your mattress, it can take some time to decompress. The memory foam, in particular, needs time to expand to its final size. While some people will find it comfortable to sleep on their mattress within the first few days, most sleepers prefer to wait 2-7 days for optimal comfort.
Fresh out of the box, your new mattress will omit an odor. This is normal, and it’s a property of memory foam known as off-gassing. Small particles escape into the air as the foam expands to its original size. This scent typically fades within a few days. To expedite the process, don’t put any bedding or blankets on your mattress and air it out by opening windows or using a fan.
Buying a new Zinus mattress online may feel unfamiliar for first-time online mattress shoppers. Here’s what you can expect during the purchase process and shortly after you receive the Zinus hybrid.
|Delivery||Free delivery in the 48 contiguous states|
|Trial Period||100 days from delivery date|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Zinus Hybrid Mattress Shipping and Delivery
Zinus offers free delivery to the 48 contiguous United States through FedEx. They do not offer expedited shipping, nor do they have White Glove Delivery.
If you want your old mattress removed, check out local charities. And if you’re in a rush and need a new mattress soon, many Zinus models are available on Amazon with Prime shipping.
Zinus Hybrid Mattress Sleep Trial
You have 100 nights from the date you receive your mattress to initiate a return. It’s important to understand that memory foam takes time to break in. It won’t be until you’ve slept on your bed for around 30 nights that you’ll know what your new bed will feel like long-term.
If you decide that the Zinus hybrid isn’t a good fit, reach out to Zinus customer service within the first 100 days to start a return. They will work with you on removing the mattress. Once this process is complete, you will receive a full refund within a few business days.
Zinus Hybrid Mattress Warranty
Every Zinus mattress comes with an industry-standard 10-year limited warranty. This warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship, such as sagging or indentations of greater than 1.5”. Be sure that you keep your mattress in good condition; spills and other damage can void the warranty.
Zinus Hybrid Mattress Customer Service
It’s easy to get in touch with Zinus. You can:
- Use their online chat feature at Zinus.com
- Call them at 1-800-613-1225
- Email them at email@example.com
- Submit a request via their online form.
When reviewing customer reviews, we found a mixed bag when it came to experiences with customer service. Most customers raved about how helpful Zinus customer service was when it came to purchasing their mattress, but some people ran into trouble getting in touch with Zinus’s customer service team after purchase.
Here’s what their customers have to say:
- “Great mattress, great customer service – just a refreshingly great experience!” -Anonymous
- “It came with wonderful delivery service, no fumes, fully inflated within hours, and best of all, the best night sleep we’ve had in decades!” -Anonymous
- “Good price. Good comfort except I could feel metal poking through. Good customer service for return.” -Anonymous
- “The issue is Zinus customer service. I sent an inquiry, waited a couple weeks and got a response basically saying that their system has issues and to resubmit the inquiry if I want them to respond. So I did, and I never got any response from that.” -D. Rush
It seems like emails and calls are sometimes unanswered by Zinus. We recommend reaching out using their live chat feature as we have always received prompt and helpful service using this method.
Zinus Hybrid Mattress Return Policy
When you buy a mattress at Zinus.com, it’s backed by a 100-night sleep trial with free returns. Contact Zinus within 100 days of receiving your mattress to initiate a return. They will work with you to have the mattress removed from your house.
If you buy their mattresses through other retailers, such as Amazon, follow the return policy of the seller, not of Zinus. Most retailers offer similar policies, but be sure to check before you buy if you may return your mattress.
- Never thought with trying to stick to a hairline budget that we would have a mattress of this quality. Like, ever. And it’s hard to take so many positive reviews seriously, right?! But, believe them. If you’re on a budget but want/need a mattress upgrade – This is it. It’s soft on top, supportive where you need it, and obviously – VERY easy to “install.” At the end of the day, I would recommend this mattress to anyone, no matter their budget. (Broke college kid to Florida-retiree millionaire).” -The Elliotts
- “I have super bad back pain (since a young girl). After a while of sleeping on this mattress my back feels so much better in the morning!” -Anonymous
- “I heard about this brand from a friend. I was in need of a new mattress, and found this one and never looked back! Talk about a Big Bang for your buck!!” -Amberlyn S.
- “This bed is just simply worth it. The cooling keeps you from overheating but doesn’t make you cold. I am loving my sleep. And the movement doesn’t transfer either. My niece, named the worm while sleeping, didn’t wake me.” -Auntie
Zinus offers 9 different mattress toppers for added cooling and pressure relief. Explore their options to turn your mattress into your dream-bed.
Mattress Frames and Foundations
Zinus carries a wide variety of wood, metal, and upholstered platform beds—61 in total. They also offer adjustable bases, simple frames, and other foundations.
Can I finance a Zinus mattress?
Yes, you can! Zinus partners with Affirm to offer their customers financing. Simply select this option at checkout.
Should I flip my Zinus hybrid mattress?
No, hybrid mattresses are typically 1-sided, with a firm support bottom layer and cushy comfort layer. However, it is beneficial to rotate your mattress 180 degrees every 6 months. This helps to extend the life of your mattress.
Can I remove the mattress cover?
Should I buy the 10”, 12”, or 14” mattress?
The right mattress depends on your sleeping position, body shape, and personal preference. At a rule, the thicker the mattress, the softer it is. The 10” is typically best for stomach and back sleepers who like a firm feel, the 12” for back and side sleepers who like a balance of comfort and support, and the 14” for side sleepers who need ample cushion.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.