No. Removing the Zinus mattress cover could damage the fire barrier, so they are spot clean only. Consider using a waterproof mattress protector to keep liquids and other messes away from your mattress.
Zinus Spa Sensations Mattress Review
Zinus Spa Sensations Mattress Review
✔️Last updated: June 2023
|✔️ Customer Rating: 4.5/5|
|✔️ MA Customer Experience Score: 7.2/10|
|✔️ Type: Memory Foam|
|✔️ Firmness: Plush|
|✔️ Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️ 90-Night Sleep Trial|
|✔️ 10-Year Limited Warranty|
Our assessment: Zinus Spa Sensations is a plush all-foam mattress by Zinus that’s made with pressure-relieving Theratouch memory foam and infused with cleansing green tea and charcoal. It’s sold only through Walmart and Amazon, so you get their 90 day trial period, plus the low prices and 10-year warranty typical of Zinus mattresses.
Who Is the Zinus Spa Sensations Mattress Best for?
|Zinus Spa Sensations is best for:||Zinus Spa Sensations may not be best for:|
The Spa Sensations mattress by Zinus is designed to make you feel like you had a luxury visit to the spa every time you wake up. We wanted to see if this mattress could stand up to its name, so we brought it into our sleep lab for evaluation. In this review, we’ll walk you through what we found, including pros/cons, test scores, and buyer info.
- Zinus mattresses are generally very budget-friendly, and the Spa Sensations mattress is no exception. A queen size costs only $389.
- The premium Theratouch memory foam layers are so plush, you may imagine that you’re on a pillow top mattress.
- The all-foam construction of the Spa Sensations mattress relieves pressure that can build up near your joints and cause pain and stiffness.
- Zinus ships their mattresses compressed into one box, so delivery and setup are easy.
- Green tea extract reduces odors and active charcoal keeps your mattress fresh and dry.
Once we received our Spa Sensations mattress, we took into our review lab, where our testers performed 14 assessments that revealed how well the mattress performed. You can check out how the Spa Sensations mattress scored below, and read more about our review process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Customer Experience Score for the Zinus Spa Sensations Mattress: 7.2/10⭐
Test High and Low Points
- Cost: The Zinus Spa Sensations comes at a fairly low price, with a queen starting at under $300 so it’s a great option for those on a budget or looking for an affordable guest room bed.
- Soft: When sitting on this mattress, you immediately notice how soft it is and may be tempted to skip the sheets so you can feel the quilted top directly.
- Motion Isolation: Three foam layers absorb motion before it can travel from one side of the mattress to another, so you experience fewer disruptions while you sleep.
- Warranty: Most mattresses last around 10 years, which is also how long the Spa Sensations mattress is covered against manufacturing defects.
- Expanding: In some cases, it can take up to 72 hours for a Zinus mattress to expand to its full size so you may have to wait before sleeping on your new bed.
- Durability: Generally, all-foam mattresses are not as durable as hybrid or innerspring mattresses.
- Edge Support: Many consumers have remarked that this mattress doesn’t have the best edge support and tends to sink toward the floor which is something to be mindful of if you tend to sleep near the edge.
- Inaccurate sizes: Some customers have complained that the sizes don’t match what they order, with mattresses being off by a few inches.
Zinus rates the Spa Sensations mattress as plush, but we think it’s closer to medium-soft. We gave it a 4.5/10 on our firmness scale. Lighter-weight customers even say it feels closer to a medium or medium-firm mattress.
Sleep Position Compatibility
Side sleepers are the real winners on the Spa Sensations mattress, thanks to 3″ of plush memory foam on top. Back sleepers can also fare well on soft memory foam beds, but stomach sleepers need a medium-firm or firm mattress to get enough support for healthy spinal alignment.
The Spa Sensations is not the coolest mattress on the block, but it does have a few noteworthy cooling technologies that keep its temperature neutral. Mainly, the middle layer of comfort foam is ventilated in order to allow body heat to escape from the core of the mattress. For a mattress with better temperature regulation, consider the SleepOvation 700 Tiny Mattresses In One mattress, which uses its very own sleep technology to promote airflow.
How Much Weight Does It Support?
The twin size Spa Sensations mattress can support a max weight of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 lbs. Soft, all-foam mattresses like the Spa Sensations are the best fit for those with small or average body types. Heavier sleepers may feel like they’re sinking too far into the mattress, and will fare better on a firmer foam mattress or hybrid mattress.
Bed Frames Match
Zinus specifies that the Spa Sensations mattress can be stored on any supportive box spring or platform bed. This includes platform bases, slatted foundations, adjustable bases, box springs, and bunkie boards.
The Zinus Spa Sensations mattress is made of three layers of CertiPUR-US certified memory foam and polyfoam:
- Mattress Cover: A soft velour mattress cover with a luxurious-looking jacquard knit design.
- Top Layer: A 3″ comfort layer of premium Theratouch memory foam that’s infused with green tea and active charcoal.
- Second Layer: Another 3″ comfort foam layer that’s ventilated for better airflow.
- Base Layer: This layer consists of 6″ of durable high-density support foam.
Zinus Spa Sensations Mattress Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Twin||75″ x 39″ x 12″||49 lbs||$249|
|Full||75″ x 54″ x 12″||67 lbs||$359|
|Queen||80″ x 60″ x 12″||79 lbs||$389|
|King||80″ x 76″ x 12″||99 lbs||$439|
|Cal King||84″ x 72″ x 12″||100 lbs||$365|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the Zinus Spa Sensations mattress.
Next, we’ll cover all the need-to-know details about actually buying your Spa Sensations mattress.
|Delivery||Free shipping, bed-in-a-box delivery|
|Trial Period||90 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns, full refund|
Shipping and Delivery
Walmart ships your new mattress for free in as fast as two days, depending on where you live. You’ll learn your exact delivery date at checkout. Walmart doesn’t offer white glove delivery or old mattress removal, so you may need to call up a friend for help. If you order this mattress on Amazon, you may be eligible for Prime delivery.
Walmart customers get a 90-night sleep trial, so you can test out your new bed at home. The typical mattress trial period is 100-nights, but three months is usually enough time to adjust to a new mattress and evaluate whether or not it’s the right fit.
Zinus extends their 10-year limited warranty to mattresses sold through authorized retailers like Walmart. The Spa Sensations mattress warranty begins right after the trial period ends, and covers workmanship and material defects.
To file a claim, submit a request on the Zinus website. You’ll need to have registered your mattress on the website and have your original receipt handy. Once your claim is approved, you’ll receive either a replacement mattress or prorated refund.
Zinus Customer Service
The Help Center on the Walmart website has answers to an exhaustive list of questions about their products and return policy. If you don’t find the info you need there, you can request that a live rep call you, or you can give them a call at (800) 925-6278.
Alternatively, you can reach out to Zinus directly. Their customer service team is available 24/7 at (800) 613-1225 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walmart accepts mattress returns and exchanges up to 90 days after your purchase. Visit the store where you bought your mattress or go to the Walmart website to start the return process. You’ll need your receipt or Walmart.com order number. If you don’t have either, Walmart can look up your purchase with your debit/credit card number or phone and email.
Note: If you bought your Zinus mattress from an authorized retailer other than Walmart, you’ll need to reach out to their customer service team about their return policy.
Is the Zinus Spa Sensations Mattress for You?
The Spa Sensations mattress is a worthwhile value buy if you’re in the market for a new memory foam bed, but don’t want to spend a lot. The foam layers are pressure relieving and supportive, and the plush firmness is ideal for side sleepers.
If you’re looking to invest in a more durable mattress, the Leesa memory foam mattress is a medium-firm alternative that earned a near-perfect score for durability. Also, if you’re concerned about getting too hot at night, consider the Zinus Hybrid mattress. It has a breathable coil base layer and cooling gel-infused memory foam; plus hybrid mattresses are better suited to those with heavier body types.
Compare Zinus Spa Sensations
The Spa Sensations mattress is generally softer and more affordable than other bed-in-a-box memory foam mattresses.
For example, the Casper Element and Tuft & Needle are both medium-firm mattresses. You won’t sink as deep into the foam layers on medium-firm beds. The Casper Element costs between $395–$795 and the Tuft & Needle ranges $350–$750—both of which are about $100–$400 more than the Spa Sensations.
The TempurCloud mattress by TempurPedic is a luxury bed-in-a-box mattress with a medium firmness. It costs thousands more than the Spa Sensations and sleeps notably warmer, but it’s also incredibly pressure relieving and motion isolating.
The Spa Sensations 8” Memory Foam mattress has a slightly firmer feel than the 12” version and costs even less ($149–$289). It works best for kids and lightweight sleepers.
Other Products Sold by Zinus
Where are Zinus products manufactured?
Zinus products are designed in South Korea and manufactured in China.
Can I wash my Zinus mattress cover?
Does the Zinus mattress warranty apply if I bought my Zinus mattress from an authorized retailer other than Walmart?
In short, yes. Zinus mattresses are sold by 13 authorized retailers, and the warranty applies to mattresses purchased from any of them. These include: Walmart, Amazon, eBay, Target, Wayfair, Overstock, Costco, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Hayneedle, Macy’s, and Chewy.com. Mattress bought on Amazon must be sold by Amazon for the warranty to apply.