10-year limited warranty
Foam mattress designed to keep you cool and relieve pressure
- Zotto is a foam mattress that is recommended by doctors and industry critics for its superior cooling, comfort, and pain relieving features.
- Zotto’s top 3 layers are designed with phase-changing materials to help provide the ideal sleeping temperature.
Mattress Advisor score for the Zotto
Here’s how the Zotto mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Each score is a rating out of 10 points. The total score is a weighted average that incorporates all of the functional and performance characteristics of the mattress. We break down the scores so you can see how the Zotto mattress performed on specific tests and evaluations.
8.3 / 10
Zotto mattress review
Take a deeper look into our review of the Zotto mattress, including our methodology, scoring and mattress performance to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Set up test
The Zotto mattress took us exactly one minute and 41 seconds to set up. Zotto was light on the packaging and easy to lift.
So for our setup test, Zotto gets a 9 out of 10.
Motion Transfer Test
Motion transfer is just a fancy way of saying how much movement you feel if your partner is moving around. For a night of undisturbed sleep, you want this to be pretty minimal.
Part A - The Humans
The Mattress Advisor motion transfer test is a two-part test. We start by asking both RJ and Asha to lie on the bed, blindfolded, and rate how much movement they felt when their partner was moving around with 10 being no movement at all.
RJ and Asha noted that the Zotto was a little bouncy but overall kept motion transfer low. They gave it a collective score of 7.25.
Part B - The Wine
Next, comes our wine test. This test provides a visual indication of how much motion is being transferred from one side of the bed to another.
We had RJ lie down and roll back and forth a few times. We then took a look at how much the wine inside of the glass moved.
We were pretty impressed with the stability of that wine. It was a little shaky, but it held up pretty well. So we gave it an 8.5.
So for a total motion transfer score, we gave Zotto a 7.9 out of 10.
Edge Support Test
When choosing a mattress, you may not think to consider how much support the edge provides. But if you find yourself sleeping on the edge of your bed or use the end to get ready in the morning, you should definitely consider the edge support.
The Mattress Advisor edge support test is divided into two parts.
Part A - The Shoe Test
To start, we asked both RJ and Asha to sit on the edge of the bed to tie their shoes. They rated this task on a scale from one to ten, with 10 being “extremely easy, with exceptional edge support.”
The Zotto had great edge support according to our sleep subjects! It was pretty darn close to feeling like a chair they said. So the Zotto scored a 9.5 for the edge shoe test.
Part B - The Side Test
Next, we had RJ and Asha lie on the edge of the bed in each sleeping position, side, stomach and back, to see if they could sleep comfortably in that section of the bed.
After stretching out on side, RJ and Asha agreed they could live life on the edge with the Zotto. Collectively, they scored the Zotto a 9 for the edge support side test.
So Zotto gets a 9.25 out of 10 for edge support.
Pessure Relief Test
When shopping for a mattress, you’ll want to find something that puts minimal pressure on your hips, thighs and shoulders. Let’s dive in deep and take a look at how well the Zotto provides pressure relief.
We measure pressure relief by using a pressure mapping film that shows areas of high pressure. Here’s what you need to know: the cool spots are good and the warms spots are bad. The warmer the color, the more pressure is being placed on that area of the body.
We saw mainly blue and green on RJ, with some warmer red tones in his shoulders. So we gave him a 7.
We saw a little red in Asha’s shoulders and hip areas. So we also gave her a 7 for pressure relief.
So for a total pressure relief score, Zotto gets a 7 out of 10.
Spine Alignment Test
Did you know your sleeping posture is just as important as your posture when you are awake? For every mattress we test, we take a look at how well it keeps your spine in a straight line.
We took a close up of both RJ and Asha’s backs to see the alignment. You’ll want to see a straight line from the neck all the way to the tailbone.
Not bad looking spines. Both RJ and Asha’s spines looked pretty straight with some slight curvature towards the base of the neck.
For spine alignment, Zotto gets a 8.5 out of 10.
When it comes to getting comfortable on your mattress, having superior responsiveness is vital. Responsiveness is just a fancy way of saying how well the mattress adjusts or responds to your sleeping positions while you sleep.
We had RJ and Asha lie in each sleeping position: side, stomach and back. As they changed positions and got settled in, we asked them to rate on a scale from one to ten how quickly and easily the mattress responded to their movement.
There was a slight delay in the Zotto’s response rate.
So Zotto gets a 7.25 out of 10 for responsiveness.
The total Mattress Advisor score for the Zotto mattress:
What to watch out for
- There may be a slight odor when you unbox your Zotto mattress. This will go away within a few hours.
- You can sleep on your Zotto right away after unboxing it, but it may take 24-48 hours to reach its full size.
Zotto sizes available
- Twin: $650
- Twin XL: $700
- Full: $850
- Queen: $975
- King: $1,095
- Cal King: $1,095
A look inside
The materials that make up the Zotto mattress are described below from top to bottom:
- Cover: The Poly + Rayon cover provides a tough yet soft over layer that is completely removable and machine washable.
- Thermaphase Comfort Layer: Foam layer that helps keep you cool while cradling pressure points.
- CoolFlow Support Layer: Open cell foam layer that allows heat to escape from your body.
- Transition Layer: Prevents sinking and provides optimal edge support.
- Base Layer: Dense foam layer that offers durability and support.
What Zotto customers have to say
- “We purchased the king size Zotto mattress a few months ago and haven’t looked back. It is hands down the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. The staff was super nice and easy to get a hold of and the entire process was almost effortless. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for their next mattress.” – Trevor
- “This mattress is AMAZING! I was having horrible back problems prior to purchasing this mattress. Since my husband and I have had it, we wake up feeling so refreshed and without any back pain. I highly recommend it!” – Cheyenna K.
- “I love the mattress. I chose Zotto when I discovered that a nearby hotel casino was using these mattresses and getting rave reviews from it’s customers. I’m glad I did. It’s very comfortable and I sleep much better than I did on my previous traditional mattress.” – Kevin B.
Read all reviews here.
The finer print
The Zotto mattress ships free throughout the continental US and should arrive at your doorstep within 3-7 business days.
Zotto comes compressed and rolled up in a box. Simply unbox, unroll and watch the mattress spring to life! Note that it can take 24-48 hours for the mattress to take its full shape.
Your Zotto can be used on a traditional box spring, slatted bed frame, on the floor, or with an adjustable bed frame. It you choose to use a slatted frame, Zotto recommends slats spaced no more than 4 inches apart.
If you’re not in love with your Zotto mattress, you can return it for a full refund before your 100 night trial period is over. Zotto will come to your house to pick up the mattress for you and arrange for it to be donated to a local charity.
The Zotto mattress come with a 10-year limited warranty.
The cover on the Zotto mattress can be unzipped and washed.
- Made in the USA.
- The foams used to make the Zotto mattress are CertiPUR-US Certified, meaning they are good for you and the environment.
- Through Zotto’s referral program, you can earn 5% commission for every friend you refer. Your friend will also receive $100 off their purchase.
If you have more questions about the Zotto mattress, check out their FAQ page or leave us a comment below.
Customer rating is derived from reviews on Zottosleep.com.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.