Nectar Copper Pillow Review
An excellent pillow for warm nights, the Nectar Copper maintains an ultra-cool surface temperature and good memory foam support all night.
May 9th, 2023 •
[By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.]
Hot sleepers who love a crisp pillow will find a lot to love in the Nectar Copper Pillow. The pillow has copper fibers woven into its cover that make it feel noticeably cool to the touch, while its medium firmness and medium loft make it a great fit for side sleepers.
We had the chance to sleep overnight with the pillow—read on for more about who we think will love it, and who should probably opt for a different pillow.
|✔️Customer Rating: 4.3/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 8.5/10|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
|✔️5-Year Limited Warranty|
|✔️50-Night Sleep Trial|
The Nectar Copper pillow is made from a shredded memory foam and microfiber polyester fill inside of a microfiber liner. Its cover is made from polyethylene yarn with a copper fiber infusion.
Mattress Advisor Score for the Nectar Copper Pillow
When reviewing pillows, we rate each factor on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being “exceeds expectations” and 1 being “has significant room for improvement.” To reach our final score, we calculate a weighted average from all 5 categories. Read more about our review process here.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Nectar Copper Pillow: 8.5/10⭐
Cooling: This is the Copper pillow’s forte. The copper fibers woven into its cover help wick away sweat and keep the pillow’s surface feeling cool.
Good for Side Sleepers: With a medium firmness and medium loft, the Copper pillow suits a side-sleeping position well. It also works well for many back sleepers, though I found it to be too tall and firm in this position.
Nice Contouring Support: Due to the pillow’s memory foam construction, it does a nice job of contouring to your head and neck to provide optimal support and pressure relief. I felt all the tension leave my neck when I nestled in on my side with this pillow.
Sizes and Prices
- Standard, 26”W x 17.3”L x 5”H, 4.43 lbs, $150
- King, 33.5”W x 17.3”L x 5”H, 5.58 lbs, $150
The Nectar Copper Pillow comes with a five-year limited warranty to protect you against defects.
Shipping and Returns: Nectar ships the Copper Pillow for free within 4 to 7 business days. If the pillow doesn’t work for you, you can return it within 50 days of ordering.
The Nectar Copper Pillow is billed as an ultracool pillow, but I was still shocked at how crisp it actually felt. The phrase “cool to the touch” is probably overplayed in the sleep products reviewing world, but it’s the simplest way to describe this pillow’s cover—its copper-woven grid surface felt almost cold under my hand, and stayed that way for the duration of a 15-minute ride in my warm car.
Once the pillow was at home and on my bed, I enjoyed not just its next-level cooling but also its medium-firm firmness and medium loft—both of which are ideal for my preferred side-sleeping position. My head dipped ever-so-slightly into the foam, while the pillow contoured to the hollow of my neck. I didn’t feel any buildup of pressure—the shredded memory foam dissolved any tension in my neck and shoulders.
On my back, the pillow also worked well—though it was taller and far firmer than my usual latex foam pillow. With that firmness came more structure and support, so I would say this is a good pillow for not just side sleepers, but back and combination sleepers, as well.
Inside of a cool bamboo pillowcase, the pillow stayed crisp throughout the night and never had to be flipped in search of a fresher sleep surface. I woke to a dry comfy pillow. All this was after only one night with the Copper—I plan to keep sleeping with it to see if it gets even more comfortable after breaking it in.
- “As a side sleeper with a low center of gravity and a big head, it’s been a challenge finding a pillow that has enough loft and softness to accommodate my tossing and turning. This fits the bill perfectly, even without it being the coolest-to-the-ouch bedding of any I’ve owned.” — Jared E.
- “I love this pillow. It isn’t too soft nor too firm. My husband raves that since he’s been using his, he doesn’t have neck pain in the morning.” —William S.
- “Honestly it took about a week to get used to but I’m very satisfied with the product. Retains shape doesn’t clump up. Very comfortable. Retains a cool temperature. Softer than expected but supports head and neck well. Complete package.” — Ethan D.
Pros & Cons
- Cooler than cool: This is genuinely the coolest pillow I’ve tested. The cover surface felt crisp, even after sitting in my warm car. Throughout the night, I felt no need to flip this pillow to find an elusive cooler side—the one under my head stayed the right temperature.
- Medium-firm: The pillow didn’t flatten down at all when I lay on it, nor did it feel like a dense slab of foam under my head. It stayed at a nice medium firmness and medium loft that perfectly supported my neck and spine.
- A back/side combination sleeper dream: The pillow provides lots of contoured support for side sleeping, and feels comfortable for most back sleepers, as well. If you tend to switch positions frequently, you’re in luck—the pillow will support you in both positions.
- Not for stomach sleepers: The pillow is just too tall and firm to maintain good spine alignment for stomach sleeping. Try a pillow from our roundup of best flat pillows.
- Not a good choice for those who like a softer pillow: If you prefer a pillow you can sink further into (for example: down or down alternative), this pillow won’t work for you. It will cradle your head but still hold it aloft.
The Nectar Copper is a medium-firm memory foam pillow that provides lots of support and structure for side sleeping and back sleeping. Its biggest party trick is that it stays cool all night, and even wicks sweat through a copper infusion in the pillow’s cover.
If you find yourself endlessly flipping your pillow in search of a cooler surface, this pillow is for you—the copper infusion really feels like it’s working. Stomach sleepers and those who like a soft pillow are the only people we don’t recommend it to, due to its medium height and relative firmness. All others should give it a chance to be your next summer pillow—especially considering Nectar gives you 50 nights to try the pillow and make a decision after you’ve ordered it.
Other Products Sold by Nectar
Bases and Headboards
Pillows and Bedding
- The Nectar Pillow
- The Nectar Graphite Pillow
- The Nectar Mattress Protector
- Nectar Resident Pillow
- Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
How Often Should You Replace Your Pillow?
Pillows are an essential part of supporting our bodies as we sleep. How often you replace your pillow depends on a number of factors including pillow material, age of pillow, and any physical symptoms you are experiencing.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Cool Gel Memory Foam Pillows
Even the hottest of sleepers will find cooling relief with these super comfy and supportive gel memory foam pillows. Check out our lists of the best gel memory foam pillows.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Pillows for Back Sleepers
Back sleeping is the healthiest position, so it is crucial to have the proper pillow. We’ve found some of the best pillows for back sleepers for your alignment.