Nectar Mattress Protector Review
Looking for specific details about Nectar’s waterproof mattress protector? In this review, we give you our honest opinion about the materials, effectiveness, and price.
Jan 19th, 2021 •
Nectar has made a name for themselves with their affordable bed-in-a-box mattresses. Customers love their memory foam mattress for its breathable materials, stellar pressure relief, and forever warranty. Now, they offer pillows and bedding with the same high-quality design.
The Nectar Mattress Protector is well-loved by customers for it’s quality materials, waterproof design, and breathability. We wanted to see whether or not it’s worth the love it gets online. Our review gives you a breakdown of the it’s construction, materials, special features, and customer reviews. Then you can decide whether or not it’s the best mattress protector for you!
Nectar’s mattress protector is made primarily of cotton, so you can bet that it will start out soft and only get softer over time. The top layer is quilted with a plush layer of padding. It’s not thick like a mattress topper, but it still adds an extra bit of cushion.
Beneath the cotton pad is a layer of waterproof material. We’re not talking about water-resistant; this stuff is waterPROOF. Spilled wine, a potty-training mess, sweat…none of it reaches your mattress. Nectar’s mattress protector even resists dust mites and other allergens. With such great protection, your bed will remain in a like-new condition for much longer.
Additionally, Nectar designed their mattress protector to wrap around your mattress like a fitted sheet. It can cover the top and sides of a mattress up to 22” tall. Most mattresses are between 10”-15” tall, so I’ll wager that it will fit around yours.
What Makes the Nectar Mattress Protector Great
- Waterproof: We’ve already covered this detail of Nectar’s mattress protector, and the benefits of fluid not polluting your mattress are obvious. So we’ll just reiterate that this is a really helpful feature.
- Quiet: Just about everyone has used a cheap or hand-me-down mattress protector that crinkles and crunches whenever you move. Not Nectar. They construct their mattress protector with materials specially selected to stay quiet, even when jostled.
- Stays Put: Not only will this mattress protector fit around mattresses up to 22” tall, it’s stretchy, so you don’t need to worry about it popping up from one corner or sliding to one side.
- Contouring: Regardless of whether you’re a back sleeper, side sleeper, or stomach sleeper, this mattress protector won’t inhibit your mattress’s contouring abilities.
- Machine Washable: Can you imagine NOT being able to wash your mattress protector? Gross. There’s no need for those troublesome thoughts here. Nectar’s mattress protector can be tossed into your washing machine and dryer. It’s also stain resistant, though you may want to use a little stain remover for particularly tricky spots.
Best/Not Best for
Try out Nectar’s Mattress Protector if…
- You like to have breakfast in bed. Seriously though, who hasn’t had a glass of wine or cup of coffee while lounging on their bed? A deep red or brown beverage seeping into the top layers of your mattress really kills the mood.
- You have a child who is potty-training. There are few worse smells than urine-soaked foam. Prevent your toddler’s room from smelling like a soiled diaper and use this waterproof mattress protector.
- You want to protect a mattress in a rental space. More and more people are leasing out rooms or whole homes to travelers. If that bachelorette party has a little too much to drink, your mattress won’t suffer the consequences if it’s guarded by Nectar’s mattress protector.
- You want to extend the lifespan of your mattress. Bed sheets provide a little protection against stains and spills, but not much. If you want to keep your mattress in a pristine condition, add a plush, waterproof mattress protector to the mix.
- You have pets. Not only will Nectar’s mattress protector keep pet accidents from reaching your mattress, it will also prevent pet dander from making its home in your bed.
Don’t buy Nectar’s Mattress Protector if…
- Your mattress’s cooling technologies aren’t effective through a mattress cover. You probably spent a pretty penny on an extra cooling new mattress. Even though Nectar’s mattress protector is breathable, check with your mattress provider to make sure any special features work through waterproof material and a cotton pad.
- You have a cotton allergy. The quilted cover of Nectar’s Mattress Protector is woven from cotton, and allergic reactions don’t make for the best night’s sleep.
- You want to try before you buy. No one really wants a used mattress protector, so instead of a trial period, Nectar gives you a final-sale period. You can return the mattress protector within 50 days of delivery, but only if it hasn’t been removed from the packaging.
Check out the prices and compatible mattress sizes for Nectar’s Mattress Protector.
Sizes and Prices
|Twin||39” x 75” x 22”||$99|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 22”||$99|
|Full||54” x 75” x 22”||$99|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 22”||$99|
|King||76” x 80” x 22”||$99|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 22”||$99|
Shipping and Returns
Nectar gives their mattress protector customers free shipping and returns. Like we mentioned before, only unopened mattress protectors are eligible for a return. If you decide you don’t need your unopened protector anymore, email email@example.com, and Nectar’s customer care team will help you send it back. You’ll get a full refund within 7-10 business days.
Read More: Nectar Return Policy
Trial and Warranty
Nectar doesn’t give you a sleep trial on their mattress protector, but they do give you 50 days to return an unopened product.
Their warranty policy is a bit ambiguous. You do get 5-year warranty coverage on your Nectar Mattress Protector, but we don’t know much more than that. If you do choose to file a claim, email a photo and description of the defect to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “I’ve tried other mattress protectors but they were shiny and slippery, so I purchased the Nectar to go with my new Nectar mattress. So glad I did. Fits perfectly and I love the cushy feeling. Highly recommend!” – Janice O.
- “I waited to review until I had used this item for 6 months. I am happy to say it has held up to washing/drying and using. It still looks just as good as it did when I bought it.” – Denise M.
- “The mattress remains comfortable while protected. No spills yet, but the protector doesn’t take away from the quality sleep.” – David B.
Pros and Cons
|Waterproof: 100% waterproof and spill-resistant materials.||Barrier: May interfere with any cooling features of your mattress’s top layers.|
|Comfort: Comfy cotton pad quilted into the top of the mattress protector.||Warranty: Ambiguous coverage for 5-year warranty.|
|Fit: Fits on just about any mattress, even with a topper.|
If you’ve purchased a quality mattress, a waterproof mattress protector is a no-brainer. Nectar’s protector is affordable, effective, and comfortable. It’s more functional than a basic mattress pad, and definitely worth the $99 asking price.
Nectar Mattress Coupons
When it comes to a good night’s sleep, you won’t go wrong with a Nectar mattress. Save up to $399 on a Nectar mattress this holiday season with our Nectar Mattress coupons & promo codes.
Nectar Mattress Return Policy
With a year-long trial period, the Nectar mattress return policy is one of the most generous around. Learn more about its fine print, how-to’s, and other details.
Nectar vs GhostBed Mattress
The GhostBed and Nectar mattresses both feature gel memory foam layers, but otherwise are quite different. Learn how in this comprehensive comparison.