Breaking Down the Nolah Mattress Warranty
Keep reading for the summarized version of the Nolah Sleep mattress warranty, including the claim process, fine print, and FAQs.
Jan 19th, 2021 •
Nolah mattresses are already fan favorites, thanks to competitive pricing and temperature neutral Nolah AirFoam. A lifetime warranty is just the cherry on top of an already great mattress by an innovative USA-based company.
Warranties are important if you want to protect yourself against mattress defects and maximize the durability of your sleep investment. In this breakdown, we simplify the Nolah mattress warranty, which covers all three mattress models, including the Nolah Original 10” mattress, the Nolah Signature 12” mattress, and the Nolah 15” Evolution mattress.
What Does the Nolah Warranty Cover?
In a nutshell, the Nolah mattress warranty covers select manufacturer defects that occur during your entire period of ownership, including during the 120-night trial period. You can also return your mattress for a full refund during the sleep trial if it doesn’t meet your comfort standards.
The Nolah mattress warranty covers manufacturer defects. They specifically call out indentations deeper than one inch, but virtually any defect could be covered if Nolah decides it developed due to a manufacturer error. Other common defects include cracks in the foam layers, splits in the top layer, and defective innerspring coils.
They also specify that mattress cover defects are only covered for the first year of ownership.
If your mattress develops a covered defect, you’ll receive a new mattress or repairs on your original mattress. This is all free of cost to you for the first 15 years, but from year 16 on, you’ll be required to pay a handling cost for repairs or a prorated cost, and $75 for shipping in order to receive a replacement mattress.
If you are paying a prorated cost for a new mattress, the proportion of the price that you pay will depend on how many years you’ve owned the mattress. From years 15–25, you’ll pay 50 percent of the original purchase price, and during years 25+ you’ll pay 60 percent of the original purchase price. In other words, Nolah essentially offers a 15-year warranty and exceptional discounts on replacement mattresses after 15 years.
What Doesn’t It Cover?
The Nolah mattress warranty isn’t very specific about which manufacturer defects are covered, but they list a lot of issues that aren’t covered. In short, they don’t cover issues related to your comfort preference or damages that result from normal wear and tear or misuse of the mattress.
Still not clear about whether your issue is covered? Here is the full list of damages NOT covered by the Nolah mattress warranty:
- Damage from not using an adequate bed frame, foundation, box spring, or adjustable base.
- Damage from abuse or misuse of the mattress, including burns, stains, cuts, infestation, liquid damage, mold, or basically using the mattress for activities other than what it’s intended to be used for (sleeping, lounging, and sex).
- Changes in your comfort preference related to your sleeping position, body type, etc.
- Subjective changes in the performance of the mattress (ex: edge support, motion isolation, pressure relief, airflow, responsiveness)
- A normal softening of the mattress materials, including the comfort layers, polyfoam, resilience foam, etc.
- Indentations in the foam that are shallower than one inch. Tip: Nolah AirFoam is designed to be exceptionally contouring—like traditional memory foam—without trapping your body heat. As such, it may form normal body impressions over time.
- A “new mattress scent,” also known as off-gassing, that is common in all-foam or memory foam mattresses and usually dissipates within a few days.
- Flaws in the cosmetic appearance of the mattress cover (ex: wrinkles, naturally occurring blemishes).
- Secondhand Nolah mattresses.
- Mattresses used for commercial purposes like rental properties or schools.
- Any injuries resulting from using a Nolah mattress, such as back pain or pressure point pain.
Read more: Nolah Mattress Review
What Voids the Warranty?
There are a few actions that can totally void your warranty coverage. Make sure you avoid the following:
- Using a bed frame or foundation that doesn’t support the mattress and its users. If you have a slatted bed frame, the slats must be no more than 3” apart.
- Causing damage to the mattress, whether intentional or accidental.
- Selling or giving away your Nolah mattress. Only the original owner is eligible for the lifetime warranty.
The Fine Print
You’re in luck—Nolah doesn’t have a lot of fine print on their mattress warranty, but we summarized what we found and added a few details that aren’t explicitly mentioned. If you own a Nolah mattress, remember these key points:
- Replacement mattresses are covered by warranty for only 10 years from the original mattress purchase. Replacement mattresses received after 10 years aren’t eligible for warranty coverage.
- Nolah Sleep arranges all shipping and handling via a third party company.
- The Nolah mattress warranty only covers your mattress. If you received free pillows or sheets as part of a promo, they aren’t covered by the mattress warranty.
- The Nolah mattress warranty is in lieu of any other warranties, including implied warranties or warranties of merchantability, which can vary by state.
- Be prepared for a warranty claim by keeping your original proof of purchase and order number. Also, don’t remove the white law tags on your mattress.
- To prevent voiding your warranty, follow appropriate care and cleaning guidelines for your mattress (see FAQs below).
Filing a Claim
It’s easy to file a warranty claim with Nolah. First, email their customer care team at email@example.com. Let them know you’d like to start the claim process. Include your order number, original proof of purchase, and photos or descriptions of the defect.
Your Nolah customer care rep may ask you to follow up with additional photos or performance tests to prove the severity of the defect. This is a normal part of the claim process. If Nolah approves your claim, they’ll decide whether to repair or replace your original mattress.
In the occasion of a replacement, Nolah will arrange for your old mattress to be recycled or donated to a local charity, depending on your state. Then, you’ll need to email the pick-up receipt to your Nolah rep. Once they receive your receipt, they’ll ship you a new mattress.
Pro tip: To ensure you get the best mattress coverage, inspect the shipping box as soon as it’s delivered, and then inspect your mattress before you use it. Use a level to check for sagging not caused by your bed frame. Look for tears or snags, and take clear, dated photos of any damages.
Am I able to get a full refund instead of a replacement mattress if Nolah approves my warranty claim?
No, refunds are only issued during the trial period. During the warranty, you are eligible to receive mattress repairs or a replacement.
How can I change the comfort of my mattress when my issue isn’t covered by the Nolah warranty?
Consider adding a mattress topper that suits your sleeping position. Remember that back sleepers and stomach sleepers need a medium-firm or firm mattress, while side sleepers need plenty of cushion. Also consider purchasing the versatile Nolah Signature mattress, which is flippable and has a medium-soft and medium-firm side.
Can I upgrade my mattress when I make a warranty claim?
Nolah doesn’t specify whether or not you’re able to upgrade your mattress when you make a warranty claim, but our Nolah customer service rep said it’s worth asking during the claims process. If your upgrade is approved, you’ll likely be required to pay the difference between your original and new mattress models.
What are the care guidelines for Nolah mattresses?
You can improve the durability of your mattress by using a waterproof mattress protector and rotating it every few months for even wear. If you have a spill on your mattress, soak it up as much as possible and let it air dry completely. If there’s an odor, most mattress covers can handle a little bit of simple cleaning solution diluted with water.
How do I contact the Nolah customer care team?
You can reach a Nolah customer care representative over live chat, phone (1–866–403–6615), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Their hours are Monday-Friday 9AM–11PM and Saturday-Sunday 11AM–11PM, EST.
Mattress Warranty Breakdowns
Having a problem with your mattress? Most mattresses come with a warranty, find out what a mattress warranty covers and how to file a claim for over 20 top brands.
Best Mattresses Under $500
Looking for a cheap mattress under $500 that still is comfortable and good quality? Check out our top-rated picks and reviews.
Best Mattresses Under $1,000
Shopping for an affordable mattress under $1,000? Check out our top-rated picks, reviews, and shopping tips for getting a great value mattress.