Nolah Mattress Return Policy Break Down
Jan 7th, 2021 •
If you’re interested in a Nolah mattress, but are still on the fence, you’ve come to the right place. Not only have we performed Nolah mattress reviews in our sleep lab, we’ve also read through the entire return policy.
In this break down, we’ll summarize and simplify the trial period, return/exchange process, and fine print for Nolah mattresses. Before you keep skimming, keep in mind that the following info covers all current mattress models, including the Nolah Original 10” mattress, the Nolah Signature 12” mattress, and the Nolah Evolution 15” mattress.
120-Night Sleep Trial Period
As a Nolah mattress customer, you automatically receive a 120-night sleep trial that begins when your mattress is delivered. The four-month trial period replaces the brief evaluation window you’d normally get in a mattress store.
Also, check out your bed frame and adjustable base. A poorly supported mattress can turn into a “princess and the pea” experience. Even the best mattresses can cause neck and lower back pain when they’re stored on a foundation that dips or sags.
If you’re still not comfortable after the 30 day break-in period, you can return a clean and undamaged mattress for a full refund (minus any promo codes). Nolah will arrange for your mattress to be picked up and donated or recycled, depending on your state. If you keep your mattress, it’s protected against indentations and other defects by a lifetime warranty.
Read More: Nolah Mattress Warranty
You can return your Nolah mattress during the 120-night sleep trial. Here’s a step-by-step guide to returning your mattress:
- Sleep on your Nolah mattress for a minimum of 30 days.
- Send your return request to Nolah via email at email@example.com before day 120 of your trial period. Be sure to include your full name and order number in the email. Note that Nolah doesn’t process returns over live chat, phone, or social media.
- Anticipate that your customer care rep may ask you a few follow-up questions to try to resolve the comfort issue (ex: adding a memory foam mattress topper that better suits your sleeping position). If they can’t help you fix the problem, they’ll process your return.
- Your customer care rep will work with you to schedule a time for the mattress to be picked up by a third party at no cost to you. It will be recycled or donated to a local charity, depending on your state.
Email Nolah a scan or digital photo of the pick-up receipt, and you’ll see a full refund back to your original form of payment within five to seven business days.
If you decide that you would like a different mattress than the one you purchased you’re eligible for a free mattress exchange if you make the request within four hours of placing your order. You can also pay a small fee* to exchange your mattress after it’s delivered, as long as it’s still in the original shipping box.
Follow these simplified steps:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the exchange process. Include your full name and order number as proof that you are the original owner.
- Decide on the best alternate Nolah mattress for you. (ex: memory foam vs hybrid innerspring mattress, medium-firm vs medium-soft).
- Pay the difference in cost between the two mattresses, or be refunded the difference.
- Nolah will arrange for a third party to pick up your original mattress and recycle it or donate it to a local charity.
- Email a scan or digital photo of your pickup receipt to Nolah.
- Your new mattress will be shipped promptly. You can work with your customer care rep to make sure your new mattress is delivered before your original is picked up, so you’re never without a bed.
*Mattresses that have shipped or been processed for shipment can be exchanged for a $50–$70 fee, depending on the mattress size.
The Fine Print
There are a few other details you’ll want to remember when returning or exchanging a Nolah mattress:
- The 30-night break-in period can’t be waived for any reason.
- You must unbox your mattress within 30 days of delivery or you’ll void your trial period and warranty.
- You can receive a small discount if you opt-out of the trial period; however, if you change your mind, you can opt in or out of the trial period as long as the mattress hasn’t been delivered. Email email@example.com to make the change.
- You can cancel your mattress order as long as it’s cancelled within four hours of placing it. Cancellations after four hours incur a $50–$70 fee, depending on the size of the mattress. To cancel your order, reach out to a customer care representative.
- Only one mattress return/exchange is available per household (shipping address) or person (same name even if address is different).
- Exchanged mattresses aren’t eligible for returns or a new trial period.
- Nolah only accepts mattress returns for comfort-related issues. For example, you can return your mattress because you think it traps body heat, but not because of a temporary off-gassing scent or because you ordered the wrong size.
- Your mattress has to be in a “like-new” condition in order for it to be returned. Nolah defines damage as stains, tears, infestations, moisture-damage, and mold in the fabric or foam layers. Use a mattress protector to ensure durability during the trial period.
- Once you receive a response email from Nolah acknowledging your return request, you are responsible to make sure the return request doesn’t close before the trial period ends. Basically, respond to any emails from Nolah within a day or two, and you’ll be fine.
- If you return your mattress, you can keep any promotional items like free pillows, but they’ll be deducted from your mattress refund.
- You can insure your mattress against damages not covered by the return policy or warranty. Nolah offers product insurance from a third-party company called Mulberry, which covers stains, rips, and tears.
About the Nolah Mattress
Nolah Sleep is an innovative mattress company based in the USA. They developed Nolah AirFoam as a way to blend the coolness and responsiveness of latex with the contouring support of memory foam.
AirFoam is the featured comfort layer in every all-foam and hybrid Nolah mattress. We found the foam to be responsive and temperature-neutral—even cool. It also cushions pressure points so well that we consider the Nolah Signature mattress to be one of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
Additionally, Nolah sells their mattresses directly online or by phone, which improves pricing for you. Their bed-in–a-box delivery makes for easy set-up, and the above-average trial period gives you months to decide whether or not the mattress is a good fit. Not to mention, all Nolah mattresses are protected by a lifetime warranty, as long as you’re the original owner.
Read More: Nolah Signature Mattress Review
Can I try a Nolah mattress before I buy it?
Unfortunately no, since Nolah doesn’t have a showroom and only sells directly from their website. The 120-night trial period should be plenty of time to test out your new mattress in the comfort of your home.
Do I need to rebox my mattress before it’s picked up?
Nope! Nolah mattresses are compressed and rolled by machines in order to fit into a shipping box, so human strength can’t return them to their boxed form. All you need to do is remove your bedding, and the Nolah team will take care of the rest.
How does the Nolah return policy compare to its competitors?
The Nolah return policy is on par with other bed-in–a-box mattress brands, and the trial period is longer than average. Most online mattress companies allow one comfort exchange, but Nolah has a comparatively limited exchange policy.
What are the Nolah customer service hours?
You can reach a Nolah customer care representative over live chat or phone Monday-Friday 9AM–11PM and Saturday-Sunday 11AM–11PM, EST.
Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Reviews
Read our reviews of all 7 Brooklyn Bedding mattresses to learn what sets them apart and which mattress is best for you.
Compare Saatva Mattress Models and Prices
Read our reviews of all 5 Saatva mattresses to learn what sets them apart and which Saatva mattress is best for you.
Compare Tuft & Needle Mattress Models and Prices
Tuft & Needle offers 3 bed-in-a-box mattress models, including all-foam and hybrid mattresses. See how they compare by comfort, price, and construction.