Addressing Common Puffy Mattress Complaints
There are a few Puffy complaints shared by customers online. We’ll review these, examine if they’ve been addressed by Puffy and guide you in what to do if you encounter one of these issues.
Oct 16th, 2020 •
In only 3 years, Puffy has earned a spot as one of the most popular memory foam mattress brands. While most people who purchase the Puffy never look back, there is the rare complaint shared in reviews.
We’ve combed the internet to find common complaints about the Puffy mattress and buying experience. We’ll review the common problems in detail to help you know what to expect and guide you in how to navigate bumps along the way.
The Puffy Lux mattress, original Puffy mattress, and Puffy Royal mattress each have a luxuriously plush comfort layer. While these ultra-soft foam layers offer exceptional contouring and pressure relief ideal for side sleepers, they are more prone to sinkage than firmer foam layers.
Amongst the Puffy mattress complaints, one we’ve come across is sagging in the top layer. Some customers experienced this after years of regular use. These complaints varied from sinking edge support to indentations along the sleeping surface.
It’s not at all uncommon for a memory foam layer to unexpectedly lose some of its support after years of use. Fortunately, Puffy offers a lifetime warranty. This warranty covers indentations of greater than 1.5” for as long as you own your Puffy bed. Additionally, every new Puffy mattress comes with a 101-night sleep trial, so if you find a rare defect during the trial period, you can return it for a full refund.
- Some customers experience sagging or indentations immediately or after years of use.
- This default is covered in Puffy’s generous lifetime warranty. You can also return the rare defective mattress for a full refund during the trial period.
There are a lot of ways to contact companies these days. From phone numbers and email to live chats and social media, it can be tough for a company to fully staff every method. When scouring through Puffy reviews, we’ve found that Puffy may not be the fastest with email.
When we wrote our first Puffy mattress review, Puffy had a live chat feature at puffy.com. Live chat is typically the fastest way to get in touch with mattress companies. Since that time, Puffy has removed this feature from their website.
Fortunately there is another way to get prompt customer service: call Puffy directly during their business hours. We tried this out ourselves and were met with a friendly, helpful representative each time we called. We found similar experiences shared in customer reviews—email wasn’t successful, but calling was.
- Some people get a slow email response when contacting Puffy.
- Call Puffy directly during their business hours for quick assistance. Here’s their contact information:
- Monday – Friday: 6:30 A.M. – 8 P.M. PST
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 A.M. – 5 P.M. PST
One of the less common Puffy complaints that we found mentioned a few times was a problem with shipping times. Puffy’s mattresses are made in the USA, compressed and rolled into a box (this is why Puffy is known as a bed-in-box mattress brand), and shipped using FedEx. The new mattress typically arrives in only 2-5 business days from the order date.
For some customers, the Puffy didn’t arrive in this time frame either due to a miscommunication within the Puffy warehouse, FedEx shipping troubles, or the mattress being stolen by someone passing by. For all of these, Puffy worked with the customers and made sure that they received their new Puffy mattress.
- Some people complain of it taking a while to receive their Puffy mattress.
- Long shipping times are rare with Puffy. If you find yourself in this position, call Puffy’s customer service team and they’ll work to get you your new mattress.
In a few reviews, new Puffy mattress owners mentioned a mild odor when they unboxed the mattress. This odor lasted anywhere from a few hours to a few days. We too experienced a scent when unpackaging the Puffy mattresses in our mattress lab.
Rest assured, the odor is normal and temporary. Mattresses with memory foam or polyfoam layers release tiny particles into the air when new, a process known as off-gassing. The release of these tiny particles increases after a foam has been compressed—which is what happens when Puffy packages their beds for shipment. Because Puffy uses CertiPUR-US certified foams, you don’t need to worry about the particles being dangerous to your health.
When you buy a new memory foam mattress, plan to let it expand and air out for 1-3 days. Don’t put any sheets or blankets on the bed during this time, and open windows or use a fan to boost ventilation. Once you no longer detect the odor, it’s time to try out your new mattress.
- The Puffy beds omit a mild odor for a few hours to a few days when new.
- Wait it out. Allow the bed to breathe for 1-3 days before sleeping on it. The scent is normal, harmless, and temporary, so you don’t need to worry!
What’s Great About the Puffy Mattress?
The Puffy mattress line offers some of our top-rated memory foam mattresses. With multiple layers of exclusive foam that work together to balance plush comfort and contouring support, they work well for all sleep positions.
Here’s an overview of the best features Puffy has to offer:
- Puffy’s Cooling Cloud foam with cooling gel does a great job at removing excess body heat from the bed’s surface, keeping you dry and cool.
- Puffy’s ClimateComfort technology means the same comfortable mattress no matter the room temperature.
- Puffy mattresses are some of the best at motion isolation, making them an excellent option for couples who sleep together.
- Every Puffy mattress is good at relieving back pain thanks to the ample cushion of pressure points and contouring transition layer.
- Puffy’s base layer of support foam delivers durability and sturdy edges.
- The Puffy mattress cover is stain resistant, removable, and machine-washable.
- With 3 mattress options, the Puffy beds work well for stomach sleepers, side sleepers, back sleepers, and combination sleepers.
- The Puffy beds are compatible with most frames and bases, including a box spring, adjustable bed frame, slatted bed base, platform bed, and bunkie board.
- Puffy offers a 101-night sleep trial with free returns.
- Puffy mattresses come with a generous lifetime warranty.
For more information on the Puffy beds and to decide which one is best for you, check out our Puffy mattress comparison where we examine their three mattresses side-by-side.
Puffy has quickly become one of the most popular bed-in-a-box retailers. Their high-quality construction and universal feel great for every sleep position has earned the Puffy beds rave reviews from a wide range of customers.
However, there are some customers who haven’t had the best experience with Puffy. Follow the tips above to navigate these troubles if you encounter them. And remember—every Puffy mattress comes with a generous lifetime warranty and sleep trial, which demonstrate that Puffy is committed to providing their customers with exceptional customer service.
Puffy Mattress Coupons
Looking for Puffy mattress coupons and promo codes? Save up to $300 on Puffy mattresses this season. Your new mattress is just a click away.
Compare Puffy Mattress Models and Prices
In our complete Puffy mattress review, we’ll compare the 3 Puffy mattress models. Is the Puffy original, Puffy Lux, or Puffy Royal the best bed for you?