The Puffy Pillow Review
In this review, we share what’s to love about the Puffy Pillow and what customers have to say about their experience with it.
Jan 22nd, 2021 •
Have you ever slept on the wrong pillow? It’s no fun. Pillows really do make or break your sleep quality. Even the best mattress can’t make up for a pillow that lets your head dangle down or pushes it up. While some pillows cater specifically for certain sleep positions, others are designed for the universal sleeper.
Enter: Puffy. They’ve developed a pillow that can be adjusted to your sleeping position, body build, and comfort preferences. We know it sounds too good to be true, and yet here we are—about to share more about what makes this pillow so darn unique.
What Is It Made of?Puffy pillow is stuffed with fluffy Certipur-US certified memory foam filling. Pillows with shredded fill rather than a solid chunk of foam are great for the average sleeper because they can be molded to your head and neck. You can add or remove fill to match your loft preference by unzipping an opening in the side of the cover.
Speaking of the pillow cover, it’s plush. Puffy even calls it luxurious. It’s woven from a polyester and bamboo rayon blend and tested for every kind of sleeper, even those with textile allergies. The fact that it’s machine washable elevates it to perfect pillow status.
What Makes the Puffy Memory Foam Pillow Special?
- The Puffy Pillow is adjustable. An adjustable fill level puts the power in your hands to get just the right loft level. If you’re a side sleeper, add fill to your heart’s desire to get enough support. Stomach sleepers will want to remove fill to get a flatter pillow surface. Back sleepers can toy around to find the right feel. Shredded fill can also be shaped to cradle your head no matter how you sleep.
- It sleeps nice and cool. It’s absolutely no fun to wash your pillowcase every other day because you sweat all over it. So, Puffy covered their pillow with a Cooling Cloud fabric blend that starts out cool and stays cool. You won’t even need to flip your pillow in the middle of the night. Plus, the fabric is breathable, so heat from your head enters stage right and exits stage left.
- The materials are hypoallergenic and toxin-free. Some materials used in bedding can trigger respiratory issues and skin conditions. Not Puffy. Their pillow cover is 100% hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant, so you can breathe easy (literally). Also, the memory foam filling is Certipur-US certified, meaning it’s free of harmful substances like formaldehyde, mercury, lead, and heavy metals.
Who Should Buy the Puffy Pillow?
With the ability to adjust the fill level, Puffy’s pillow can support just about any position you sleep in. Still, that doesn’t mean it will ultimately work for every sleeper.
If you like to sleep on the edge of your pillow, there’s a chance your face will tilt down because of the pillow’s slightly rounded construction. That can lead to spinal misalignment and neck pain. Also, if you are prone to overheating, the memory foam fill may be too warm for you, even with cooling features.
You should buy Puffy’s pillow if you aren’t sure about what loft level you like. You can test out different amounts until you find the right fit. This is also a good choice for those who want the feel of memory foam, but don’t want to sleep on a solid chunk of foam. The fill is shredded, so you can fluff it and move it around until you get comfortable.
Check out how Puffy prices their two pillow sizes below.
Sizes and Prices
|Pillow Size||Size Dimensions||Price|
|Standard||20” x 26”||$75|
|King||20” x 36”||$95|
Shipping and Returns
Puffy gives their customers a little extra love with free shipping (except in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada, but they love those customers too). They have a quick turnaround time once you’ve ordered because their pillows are ready to ship. Most packages arrive at your doorstep in just 2-5 business days.
The return process for all Puffy bedding is pretty simple. If you decide you and your Puffy pillow aren’t meant to be, let them know within the trial period, and they’ll send you a full refund (minus original shipping costs for those in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada…sorry folks). Returns are only accepted if you bought the pillow directly from Puffy, and you only get one per household per year, so make sure the problem can’t be solved with a little more or less fill.
Trial and Warranty
Slow movers need not worry about taking their time to make a final decision. Puffy gives you a 101-night sleep trial to make up your mind. If you decide to say goodbye, you get all your money back as long as you let them know before the end of the 101st day.
Those who take the plunge get a lifetime warranty. If you notice any defects from subpar workmanship or materials, file and claim and you’ll get a new pillow shipped to you. Puffy may opt to repair your pillow instead, depending on what’s wrong.
Make sure you take care of your pillow because abused and misused pillows are disqualified from the warranty. Puffy also doesn’t replace pillows with structural or visual damage (ex: stains). You can file a claim by emailing your order number, full name, and a description and photo of the defect. They’ll get back to you within 7 business days.
- “Lifetime warranty…check! Excellent customer service…check! Environmentally friendly and made in the US…check! Free return within 101 night sleep trial…check. Like heaven to sleep on, no more neck or back pain, washable, stain-proof cover, the list goes on. Anyone I’ve ever shown it to loves it just as much as I do! I cannot recommend this enough. If you’re on the fence, just do it, it will be the best decision you ever make.”—Derek
- “This pillow somehow provides the exact support I need while keeping my neck aligned. I am no longer taking short naps in between tossing and turning (I also have back problems) and turning my old pillows this way and that while bunching, punching, and folding them over ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Plus it stays cool.”—J H
- “I have a really hard time as a stomach sleeper to find a pillow that isn’t too hard or soft that causes neck pain and muscle tension. The puffy pillow is a really good balance and so far has been nice and comfortable for me!”—Cambria F.
Pros and Cons
|Adjustable: The adjustable fill level enables you to get the perfect amount of fluff for your sleeping posture.||Price: The cost per pillow is a bit higher than average.|
|Pressure Relieving: Memory foam provides top tier pressure relief and contouring for necks, shoulders, and heads.||Shift: Pillow fill may shift if you change positions while sleeping.|
|Cooling: Cooling Cloud technology helps you to sleep comfortably, especially if you experience night sweats.|
Other Puffy Reviews
All those high-quality materials and snazzy features are great, but should you buy the Puffy Pillow? We say yes. Not only is this a good pillow for all sleep positions, but if you don’t absolutely love you, you can send it back for a full refund. We’ll put our money on you keeping it, though, especially considering that customers give it 4.5/5 stars.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Adjustable Pillows
Have you ever experienced a bad night of sleep due to an ill-fitting pillow? Adjustable pillows make bad sleep a thing of the past. Read below to find out our top picks for the best adjustable pillows.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Puffy Mattress Topper Review
The Puffy Mattress Topper takes your bed from lackluster to luxurious. We share what the hype is about in this honest review of Puffy’s memory foam topper.
Puffy Mattress Coupons
Looking for Puffy mattress coupons and promo codes? Save up to $300 on Puffy mattresses this season. Your new mattress is just a click away.