Puffy Mattress Topper Review
Read on to learn who we think will love a Puffy Mattress Topper and what you can expect from your purchase.
Aug 26th, 2022 •
Mattress toppers are an affordable way to upgrade your sleep experience without buying a whole new mattress. They are also an easy way to adjust the firmness level of your bed. A plush topper transforms your firm mattress into a softer one, and a firm topper adds support to a soft mattress.
So why choose the Puffy Mattress Topper? By the end of this review, you’ll have all the information you need to make a decision about whether the Puffy topper is right for you. We’ll give you the scoop on the materials used, pros and cons, and which sleepers the Puffy topper suits best. You’ll also know all about Puffy’s trial period, warranty, and return policy.
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
What’s the Puffy Topper Made of?
Puffy uses OEKO-TEX certified materials in their mattress topper, which is a fancy way of saying that it’s free of harmful chemicals. Sounds good, right? It gets better. The Puffy topper is also hypoallergenic, so it won’t trigger allergic reactions that disrupt your beauty sleep. Customers also noticed no off-gassing when unpacking their Puffy topper.
The cushiony part of the topper is made of 40% bamboo and 60% polyester. It’s breathable, so your body heat doesn’t get trapped in the top layer of your bed. It’s also completely machine washable, so say goodbye to gross odor, oils, and spills that build up after months of use.
The outer cover is nice and stretchy, with durable elastic pockets that secure deep under the bottom of your mattress. An additional grip layer beneath the topper ensures it won’t slide off your bed frame no matter how much nighttime activity happens on top.
What Makes the Puffy Topper Unique?
- The Puffy fits on every type of mattress. Don’t own a Puffy mattress yet? No problem. Puffy constructed their topper to fit on any bed with a depth of 15” or less. That includes innerspring, hybrid, memory foam, and latex mattresses. It also fits on all of their current mattress models, including the original Puffy, Puffy Lux Hybrid and Puffy Royal Hybrid.
- It’s designed to stay cool while you sleep. Do you get hot at night? The crew at Puffy knows the struggle. Their topper is cool-on-contact, so you get a surge of soothing coolness whenever you change position. Think of how it feels when you flip your pillow to the cool side—and then multiply it across the entire sleeping surface. Yes, please!
- The Puffy is comfortable for all sleeping positions. If you’ve spent any time researching the best mattress for your sleeping position, you know that side sleepers need extra pressure relief, stomach sleepers need an adequate cushion, and back sleepers favor a firmer feel. Puffy offers their topper in soft and firm levels, so you can choose the best feel for your sleeping style.
Who Is the Puffy Mattress Topper Best For?
Mattress toppers in general are ideal for those who want to refresh an older mattress or add a comfort layer to a budget mattress. You’ll especially love the Puffy Mattress Topper if you want different firmness options since Puffy lets you choose between soft and firm.
It’s a reliable choice for shoppers with thick mattresses since it wraps securely around mattresses up to 15” thick. Hot sleepers will also want to take note: the blend of bamboo and polyester is cooler than memory foam.
You probably want to pass on the Puffy Mattress Topper if you are looking for the cradled feel of memory foam or a medium-firm topper since the Puffy is only offered in soft or firm. Mattress toppers also significantly change the feel of your mattress, so if you’re on the fence about whether you need one, you may want to opt for a mattress pad instead.
Related: Mattress Pads vs. Mattress Toppers
Sizes and Prices
|Twin||38” x 75” x 2.5″||$179|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 2.5″||$189|
|Full||54” x 75” x 2.5″||$209|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 2.5″||$229|
|King||76” x 80” x 2.5″||$249|
|Cal King||72” x 84” x 2.5″||$249|
Shipping and Returns
Puffy’s mattress topper is ready to ship, so you don’t have to wait around for manufacturing time after you order. Expect your package to be delivered in 1-3 business days via FedEx. Bonus: shipping is free! (Except in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada.)
You can return your topper any time during the trial period for a full refund, as long as you bought it directly from Puffy. Unfortunately, if you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or Canada, your original shipping expense won’t get refunded. Each year, you get one return on an item per household.
Trial and Warranty
Puffy treats you to a 101-night sleep trial, which is more than enough time for most people to decide if they’d like to commit. If Puffy’s topper isn’t working for you, no stress: you get a full refund as long as you reach out to Puffy’s customer care team before the end of the 101st day.
If you keep your Puffy topper, you are protected for life. That’s right—you have a lifetime warranty on your Puffy mattress topper! If you discover any defects from poor workmanship or faulty materials, Puffy will repair or replace the topper for you. Be careful though, because damage from abuse and commercial use aren’t covered. Structural and visual damage (such as stains) aren’t covered either.
- “Love the elegant feel, coolness, softness, and the fact that it seems to envelop my body. Especially like that the skirt fits over the entire mattress like a mattress cover. That definitely helps keep it in place through the night. Puffy customer service was wonderful – courteous, helpful, quick to respond to my questions/concerns.” – Sharon W.
- “The puffy topper has lived up to its reviews. I no longer wake in the night in pain. As well, I can get out of bed without being stiff and sore. Would highly recommend!” – Susan H.
- “This mattress topper helped me so much. It’s firm and has the right amount of support for my lumbar. I’ve always struggled with back pain and nowadays I woke up feeling better than I have in years. It is worth buying in my opinion.” – Molly S.
Pros and Cons
|Durable: Prolongs your mattress lifespan by acting as a mattress protector.||Sensitivity: May not provide enough cushion or firmness for sensitive sleepers.|
|Pain Relieving: Relieves back pain by contouring around pressure points.||Heavy: Toppers can be heavy, making them a bit more difficult to clean.|
|Cost-Effective: Cheaper solution for adjusting your mattress firmness.||Barrier: Can dampen the features of the mattress, such as temperature regulation or motion transfer.|
Puffy’s Mattress Topper is a relatively low-cost, high-quality addition to your bed. We’re confident that you’ll love it, but if you don’t, return it for a full refund and try a different firmness level. Customers give the Puffy topper 5/5 stars, so either the soft or firm version is bound to have you sleeping soundly.
Puffy Mattress Coupons
Looking for Puffy mattress coupons and promo codes? Save up to $300 on Puffy mattresses this season. Your new mattress is just a click away.
Puffy Mattress Warranty
Learn everything you need to know about the Puffy mattress warranty, including what is covered, what isn’t, what voids your warranty, and the fine print.
Puffy vs Puffy Lux Mattress Comparison
Deciding whether the Puffy or Puffy Lux is the best mattress for you? We compare and contrast the two, including recommendations for sleep position, budget, etc.