Purple Mattress Return Policy Break Down
Sep 17th, 2020 •
Purple is a mattress company that promises unbeatable pressure relief from their totally unique sleeping surface—the Purple Grid. If you’re looking into Purple’s return policy, then you’ve probably heard of their hyper-elastic polymer comfort grid, and are considering a new Purple mattress.
You’ve come to the right place. In this breakdown, we cover the return policy for the 100-night trial period, as well as the return process, exchange process, fine print, and frequently asked questions.
100-Night Trial Period
Purple offers a 100-night sleep trial with all Purple mattress purchases. Sleep experts say it can take up to a month of sleeping on a new mattress for your body to adjust. Over time, your muscles conform to your old mattress, and you end up compensating where support is lacking.
When you sleep on a new mattress, you may notice temporary back pain or muscle aches. This usually goes away after a few days or weeks. For this reason, Purple requires you to sleep on your new mattress for at least 21 days before requesting a return, in order to allow your body to fully adjust.
The top layer of the Purple mattress will probably not feel like anything you’ve slept on before, but countless customers say that they experience superior comfort and effective pressure point relief after a few days or weeks.
Note: You can also test out Purple mattresses at hundreds of retail stores across the country. Visit Purple.com to find the store closest to you.
- Sleep on your Purple mattress for at least 21 days.
- If you decide the mattress isn’t a good fit within the 100-night trial period, call a Customer Care rep at 888-848-2305.
- The rep will walk you through a few disposal options:
- Donate clean and undamaged mattresses to a local charity.
- Recycle the mattress through a recycling facility.
- Work with the Purple Returns Team to have a company like Sharetown or GotJunk pick up and dispose of your mattress.
- Keep your donation or disposal receipt and send a scan of it to your Purple Customer Care rep. They’ll process your return and initiate your refund.
- You’ll see a full refund back to your original form of payment within 15 business days.
Related: How to Return a Mattress
During the trial period, you are given one exchange opportunity. You can do a good job of choosing the best mattress for you the first time by reading mattress reviews and consulting the Customer Care team, but sometimes you just need to try the mattress for yourself. Here is how to request an exchange from Purple:
- Research the new model you would like to replace your old one. Choose wisely, since you only get one exchange. Helpful hint: Side sleepers need extra cushion, back sleepers need support, and stomach sleepers need a blend of the two.
- Call the Customer Care team at 888-848-2305, and let them know that you’d like to exchange your mattress.
- You’ll be prompted to pay—or be refunded—the difference in price points between the two mattress models.
- You have a few options for old mattress removal:
- Donate the mattress and submit the donation receipt.
- Recycle or dispose of the mattress and submit the disposal receipt.
- Request a mattress removal service from Purple with your new mattress delivery.
- Enjoy your new mattress!
The Rest of the Fine Print
We’ve condensed any remaining fine print details into the bullet points below.
- This return process for Purple mattresses only. The trial period and return policy may differ for other Purple sleep products, including the Purple Adjustable Bed, Power Base, Seat Cushion, Pet Bed, and Plush Pillow.
- If you purchased your Purple mattress from Amazon or a retail store like Mattress Firm, you’ll need to contact them about their return and exchange policies.
- You can return an exchanged mattress. The trial period that began when your first bed was delivered will continue after your second bed is delivered. You will have at least 30 days to test out the second mattress, even if you have less than 30 days left in your trial period.
Do I need to repackage my used mattress before returning it?
Nope! Purple delivers their mattresses compressed and packaged in a cylinder-shaped case. As with all bed-in-a-box deliveries, it would be impossible to return the mattress to its original packaging without special equipment. You need only to remove your bedding and transport the mattress to your car or curbside for recycling/disposal pick up.
What are the hours of operation for the Return Center?
The Purple Return team is available to resolve any questions or concerns by phone Monday-Friday, 8AM – 4:30PM Mountain Time at 888-848-2305.
How can I improve the comfort of my Purple mattress?
First, it’s worthwhile to use Purple’s sheets and mattress protector. Unlike memory foam mattresses, the Smart Grid has shallow gaps that can create a “drum effect.” Purple designs their sheets and mattress protector to stretch with the grid. Second, Purple recommends a solid bed frame, not a box spring, to prevent sagging. Remember, you can also get help from the Customer Care team by calling 888-848-2305.
Does it cost extra to have my mattress picked up?
Nope! If you opt for mattress pick up, you won’t be charged any extra fees.
What is the return policy during the warranty period?
All Purple mattresses are covered by a 10-year limited warranty that begins on the 101st day after your mattress is delivered. During the warranty period, you are not able to return or exchange your mattress, but you are able to request a repair or replacement mattress if your original develops defects. You can read more about the Purple Warranty here.
How does Purple’s return policy compare to their competitors’?
Purple’s return policy is average for the mattress industry. Many other bed-in-a-box mattress companies—like Casper and Tuft & Needle—also offer 100-night trial periods.
How to Return a Mattress
If your new mattress isn’t living up to your needs, returning it and finding one more suited to your needs may be necessary. Learn how to return a mattress.
Purple Mattress Coupons
Get over $300 worth of bedding accessories with your Purple mattress purchase. It’s time to save using our Mattress Advisor Purple mattress coupons.
Purple Mattress Warranty
Purple offers a 10-year limited warranty on all of their mattresses. We break down what's covered, what isn't, the fine print, how to file a claim, and FAQs.