Purple Simply Seat Cushion Review
Looking for some extra cushion as you sit down all day? See how the Purple Simply Cushion measures up.
Aug 26th, 2022 •
[By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.]
Purple does more than just make great mattresses. They took their love for proper alignment and pressure relief and created a line of Purple Seat Cushions. These cushions are great for any location where you would be seated for over a period of minutes or hours: the bleachers at a sporting event, the car, office chairs, a movie, etc.
I tested the Purple Simply Cushion while sitting and working here at Mattress Advisor, and I’m going to tell you all about my experience. But first, let’s look inside.
Here are some things that make the Purple Simply Cushion outshine the competition.
- Lightly Cooling: The cushions have an open-flow grid design where air can easily pass through, making it temperature neutral. Even after sitting on this cushion for hours your butt never gets sweaty or overheated.
- Washable Cover: The Purple Simply Cushion is built to last a long time, so it’s only fair that it’s easy care. The cushion cover can be unzipped and removed for a machine wash in cold water. Tumble dry on low, and slip it back on. If you want to clean the cushion itself, you can do that too! Just hand wash it in warm water with a gentle detergent and let it air dry.
- No-Slip Bottom: No matter where you set down the Purple Simply Cushion to sit, the bottom of the cover grips the surface with its no-slip design. Your cushion stays put, so you can focus on the task at hand and not on adjusting your seat.
The Purple Seat Cushions are made with hyper-elastic polymer instead of memory foam, like other seat cushions on the market. This construction is designed to relieve pressure points as you sit. It adapts under the pressure of your weight for comfort, but it also pushes back to add support.
The cushion cover is made of polyester fabric that stretches to allow you to feel as much of the seat cushion as possible. Take a look at its layers:
- Super Stretch Cover: The Purple Simply Seat Cushion starts with a stretchy gray cover that you can easily remove to wash.
- Purple Grid: Like all of Purple’s mattresses, the seat cushion core consists of Purple Grid which instantly adapts to your body for total comfort.
- Stay-Put Bottom: Finally, The Purple Simply Seat Cushion has a special bottom to help ensure your cushion doesn’t shift when you’re sitting.
Purple Simply Cushion Experience
Here at Mattress Advisor, we spend countless hours testing hundreds of mattresses and sleep products, synthesizing data, and writing reviews. That means we spend hours at a time with our butts in chairs, working. This can take a toll on posture, as well as comfort, so trying out the Purple Simply Cushion was an exciting way to begin sitting comfortably.
Upon sitting on the Purple Simply Cushion, my posture immediately improved, drastically. I sat up straighter, my shoulders were back, and my spine was aligned. Because I sat up so straight, I felt more focused on the work I was doing and had a more productive day as a result.
The cushion has a firm feel that is not uncomfortable. Though it looks odd with the gel and holes, it felt just like a cozy chair bottom. The cushion contoured to my bottom (and the phone in my back pocket) in a way that never made my butt get sore or my legs go numb.
When I picked up the Simply Cushion to move it to a different chair, it felt heavier than I expected. I was surprised the carrying handle held up. The cushion cover is breathable and easily unzips to be removed and clean. My favorite feature is the no-slip bottom. I sit in a rolling office chair, and no matter how much I fidgeted and moved around, the Simply Cushion stayed put.
Sizing and Pricing
- Price: $69
- Dimensions: 17.5“ x 15.75“ x 1.25“
- Weight: 4 lbs
Your Purple Seat Cushion comes with a 30-day trial, which at any point you can initiate a return for free from the date of delivery. You also get a 1-year warranty.
Shipping and Returns
There are no shipping fees or restocking fees, unless you live in Hawaii or Canada. From the day you get your Simply Cushion, you have 30 days to sit on it and make a decision. If you decide to return, they will send you a return label and issue you a refund once they receive it back in the mail.
Pros and Cons
|Better Posture: The Purple Seat Cushion supports better posture which is great for lower back pain, lumbar support, and general spinal alignment.||Cost: Compared to memory foam and gel cushions sold in stores, the Purple Simply Cushion is a bit on the pricey side. I’d only recommend investing if you spend a great deal of time seated in one spot.|
|No Weight Limit: It doesn’t matter how much you weight, the Simply Cushion will support it. Hey, Purple backed an 18 wheeler over it and it maintained its shape. This durability means you get to keep the cushion for years to come.||Heavy: If you plan on taking this seat cushion with you as you travel, be aware that it has a bit of weight to it.|
|Hypoallergenic and Non-Toxic: Even people with allergies and children can enjoy the Purple Cushion without worrying about adverse effects.|
Other Purple Products
Other Seat Cushions
- Double Cushion: A dual-firmness design, made for those who like to switch up their seating in the office. Available at $119.
- Foldaway Seat Cushion: A minimalist design designed for easy storage while traveling. Available at $55.
- Portable Cushion: A seat cushion made to travel anywhere. Available at $65.
- Purple Back Cushion: Offers lumbar support for as long as you need it. Available at $59.
- Royal Seat Cushion: Made for all seating circumstances and built to support you for hours. Available at $99.
- Ultimate Cushion: The biggest, thickest Purple seat cushion yet. Available at $149.
The Final Breakdown
The Purple seat cushions are great for anyone who sits all day and whose butt needs a little relief. Their patented grid technology reliefs pressure and supports posture, while the grip promotes airflow. You can take our word for it all you want, or you could try out the Purple Simply Cushion for yourself—you’ve got 30 days with nothing to lose.
Compare Purple Mattress Models and Prices
Learn about the Purple mattresses and see our reviews for each model. See which is best for you based on lifestyle, sleeping style, and more.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Sheets for Your Purple Mattress
Sheets for your Purple Mattress need to be an extension of the bed. Take a look at our suggestions for the best sheets for your Purple Mattress.
Why Spine Alignment is Important for Choosing a Mattress
Learn about how keeping proper spine alignment while sleeping can help to reduce strain on your muscles and ligaments, relieving pain and allowing you to sleep well.