Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket Review
Debating about buying the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket? Read our accessory guide to learn more about who it's best for and what it's made of.
Jun 17th, 2022 •
Finding a weighted blanket that works all year round can feel like you’re trying to wrangle a monkey. Resident’s Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket works for all types of weather thanks to its cool and warm side feature.
Read on to learn about the blanket’s highlights, materials, and Mattress Advisor score so you can make a more informed decision on whether to purchase it.
|✔️Customer Rating: 5/5|
|✔️Mattress Advisor Score: 9.3/10|
|✔️Type: Weighted Blanket|
|✔️Free Shipping & Returns|
Get a $699 Special Offer
Overview: The Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket uses Phase Change Material to absorb your body heat and comes with glass bead filling that evenly distributes across your body. With a removable cover, it’s easy to clean and keep fresh.
Who is the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket Best For?
|Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket is best for:||Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket may not be best for:|
How We Scored the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket
Here at Mattress Advisor, we rate all blankets, sheets, comforters, duvets, and other related sleeping accessories in five major categories. For each product, we give it a score on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being excellent. After conducting scores for each category, we add them up to get a final score.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket: 9.3/10⭐
Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket Performance Highlights
- Softness: When testing this weighted blanket, we were impressed with how soft the warm side’s fabric was.
- Cooling: Made with PCM technology, the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket absorbs your body heat and cools you down when it’s hot.
- Ease in Washing: Cleaning up life’s little accidents is simple. Just unzip the outer cover, throw it in the washing machine on cold, and tumble dry low.
- Size Options: The Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket comes in only two sizes, with both options being too large for a twin-size mattress.
What’s It Made of?
Like most weighted blankets, the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket has an outer cover and blanket insert. Learn about what makes up the blanket below.
A knit micro mink side made from 100% polyester works as a traditional blanket, keeping you warm when it’s cold out. It’s super soft and feels like you’re hugging a giant teddy bear.
The blanket’s cool side uses a jersey knit made from 100% bamboo rayon. It does a good job of maintaining a cool feel even without flipping.
Inside the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket is an insert that gives the blanket its weight. It consists of a woven outer shell polyester cover, which holds glass beads.
About the Materials
Polyester is a synthetic fabric used in many bedding products since it’s very durable and inexpensive to make. While it’s lightweight and easy to wash, it tends to trap heat. Resident uses this material on the warm side of their weighted blanket to keep sleepers warm.
Bamboo rayon is a type of fiber made from bamboo, a sustainable material that’s easy to grow. It’s hypoallergenic and resistant to bacteria, making it a great option for blanket fabric. Bamboo rayon is also naturally odor-resistant and absorbs moisture well.
Glass beads are a common filler used in weighted blankets to keep weight consistent throughout. They have a higher density than poly plastic pellets, so they can help give a blanket weight without making it bulky.
What Makes the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket Special?
- While most weighted blankets focus either on being a cooling duvet or fuzzy throw blanket, the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket has a warm and cool side so you don’t have to compromise.
- Treated with anti-microbial protection, this blanket prevents odors and bacteria from lingering on your blanket and transferring to your skin.
- The Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket comes in three colors: grey, navy, and tan.
Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket Sizes, Dimensions, and Pricing
|Standard (15 lbs)||48″ x 72″ x 1″||$149|
|Large (20 lbs)||80″ x 87″ x 1″||$169|
|Standard (20 lbs)||48″ x 72″ x 1″||$159|
|Large (25 lbs)||80″ x 87″ x 1″||$179|
*Prices listed are standard without sales or Mattress Advisor exclusive discounts. Click below to find the best price for the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket.
|Delivery||Free shipping, arrives within 2-3 business days|
|Trial Period||None available|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Available through Affirm|
Shipping and Delivery
When ordering a Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket from DreamCloud or Nectar’s website, your item comes with free shipping. Typically, this takes between 2 to 3 business days. Both companies offer no contact delivery.
Trial and Warranty
Nectar and DreamCloud don’t offer a trial period with their Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket, but they give you 50 nights to decide. During this time, you can return an unopened package for a full refund.
The Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket comes with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty, which covers defects like tears. To make a warranty claim, call 1-833-2DREAMY for a DreamCloud representative or 1-888-425-4854 for a Nectar representative.
- “The blanket is a good weight and has helped greatly with my sleep schedule. I would highly recommend it as it has greatly lessened my anxiety.” – William N.
- “I’m so happy with this weighted blanket. It feels like a hug! It definitely feels different at first, but definitely worth getting used to. I’m sleeping so well, every night. Have recommended it to everyone in my family.” – Brenda T.
- “This blanket is wonderful! My fiancé got me it for my birthday. I am definitely sleeping more soundly and longer. The duvet cover was a little tricky to get back on the first time but I think it will get easier with more tries.” – Cheryl
Is the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket Right for You?
The Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket is a great option for those experiencing anxiety, autism, ADHD, or insomnia. Since it uses PCM technology, it’s also great for hot sleepers and works well all year. It’s double-sided, so you can pick between a super soft warm side or a duvet-like cool side.
If you have a twin-size mattress, this blanket may be too large for your bed but can work as a great throw blanket when lounging on your couch. Also, keep in mind that the highest weight amount this blanket comes in is 25 lbs, which may be too light for couples looking to share a weighted blanket.
Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket FAQs
Where can I buy the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket?
The Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket is available on all Resident brand websites. This includes DreamCloud and Nectar.
How much should my Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket weigh?
The Resident companies recommend buying a weighted blanket that is 8-15% of your body weight. Below is the recommended body weight for each blanket size.
- 15 lbs blanket: 100-187 lbs
- 20 lbs blanket: 133-250 lbs
- 25 lbs blanket: 166-312 lbs
For more information on how much your weighted blanket should weigh, check out our guide.
What makes the Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket stand out from other weighted blankets?
The Resident Serenity Sleep Weighted Blanket is unique in its dual-temperature design. Most weighted blankets focus on either being a cooling or warming blanket but this one has a side for each feature.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Weighted Blankets
What is a weighted blanket? Who is it good for? Find out how weighted blankets soothe anxiety, help you sleep, and which brands to buy from.
Compare Resident Mattress Models and Prices
Read our reviews of all the Resident mattresses to learn what sets them apart and which mattress is best for you.