Snuggle-Pedic Memory Foam Pillow Review
This Snuggle-Pedic Pillow review covers the materials and special features that make this pillow stand out, as well as info on the sleep trial, warranty, and prices.
Jan 22nd, 2021 •
It’s tough for one pillow to fit all sleepers. That’s where Snuggle-Pedic comes in. Their popular pillow is stuffed with memory foam pieces that can be added or removed to your preference. In other words, you have endless possibilities from one pillow. In this review, we’re going to talk about adjustability, plus how the Snuggle-Pedic performs across several consumer categories and comfort criteria.
Snuggle-Pedic is one of Amazon’s best pillows, according to customer reviews. This memory foam pillow was designed and refined by a guy named Dr. Rick Swartzburg D.C. He’s a chiropractor with several decades of experience, and is head of product development at Relief-Mart, Inc., Snuggle-Pedic’s parent company.
Dr. Rick designed the Snuggle-Pedic pillow to correct issues he noticed in down pillows. A lot of people love down, and even I used a down pillow for years. But unless you’re a stomach sleeper, down can cause pretty harsh neck misalignment. If your neck or back are misaligned, bad things happen, like muscle soreness, pinched nerves, and numb limbs.
Enter: fluffy, supportive chunks of memory foam. The Snuggle-Pedic pillow is packed with an eco-friendly mix of shredded memory foam that can be molded to fit snugly around your neck and head. The foam is high density, so it springs back to shape after pressure is removed. It’s cut into small pieces to give it an airy feel. Then, it’s combined with a light down alternative fiber. The result is a feel similar to down with the support of memory foam.
Additionally, the shredded foam is surfaced with Snuggle-Pedic’s Cloud-Coated™ laminate. This coating helps to form tiny pockets of air between the foam pieces. The pockets form channels of air that weave through the core of the pillow, allowing streams of heat to escape from beneath your head.
Related: Best Memory Foam Pillows
The removable outer cover is also highly breathable. It’s made from Kool-Flow micro-vented fabric. You may recognize this fabric from a few other memory foam pillows on the market. It’s crafted from polyester, lycra, and viscose of bamboo. This combo is soft, silky, and stretchy. A zipper along the seam opens up to the inner liner. The inner liner holds the memory foam.
As an added plus, the Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo pillow is fully machine washable. Just make sure to take the outer cover off and wash separately.
Best Things About the Snuggle Pedic Pillow
Here’s a roundup of what I love about the Snuggle-Pedic Pillow:
- Cooling: When I think of memory foam, I think of heat. That’s not the case with the Snuggle-Pedic. Any heat that you give off is able to move right through the pillow. The bamboo cover and Cloud-Coated memory foam pieces are high in breathability, so even though there aren’t any other cooling bells and whistles, you can count on consistent air circulation up top.
- Free Customization: The Snuggle-Pedic is an adjustable foam pillow. You can tinker with the fill level yourself or reach out to the Snuggle-Pedic team for advice on the right loft level for your sleeping position. All you do is unzip the pillow case and add or remove foam. Plus, it comes with an extra bag of foam.
- Contouring: The key to no neck pain is the right amount of neck support. The best support comes from a pillow that hugs the curve of your neck and lets your head rest in a neutral position. The medium soft foam in the Snuggle-Pedic pillow has a magical balance of cushion and support, so your head feels like it’s floating.
We got all the details about Snuggle-Pedic’s pillow trial period, return policy, warranty coverage, and prices. You can check them out below.
Sizes and Prices
The Snuggle-Pedic Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow is offered in 3 sizes:
- Standard Size: 26” x 19” $49.99
- Queen Size: 28” x 20” $59.99
- King Size: 35” x 20” $69.99
Snuggle-Pedic also sells a body pillow with the same high-quality materials. The shape orthopedically supports all sleeping positions. I would also recommend it for pregnant ladies who need an extra cushion. The dimensions are 54” x 20”, and it costs $69.99
Shipping and Returns
Snuggle-Pedic really turns on the “wow factor” with their customer care. They ship your pillow for free through UPS. If you need to return your pillow during the sleep trial, you’ll get a full refund with no restocking fees. You can also request a free exchange! Their products are made in the USA, so your pillow will be delivered in a week or less.
Trial and Warranty
You can test out the Snuggle-Pedic pillow for 120-nights. That’s plenty of time to adjust the loft level and see if it’s a good fit. Snuggle-Pedic has a great team of customer care reps who will work with you to find the perfect loft level. They’ll even pay to ship your pillow back for free customizations during the trial period.
Snuggle-Pedic has a really generous 20-year limited pillow warranty. If you notice your pillow isn’t quite as supportive, soft, or springy, Snuggle-Pedic will pay for return shipping to fix the problem. Alternatively, they may send you an extra bag of fill. Only the pillow cover isn’t included in the warranty so be careful with that zipper.
To make a claim, call 800-667-1969. They’ll send you a RMA (return merchandise authorization) and further instructions on how to get your pillow fixed. Remember to register your pillow on the Snuggle-Pedic website.
- “This pillow is quite wonderful. The first few months took time to get used to because I was sleeping on a basically flat pillow beforehand. Now my neck is much more supported, and I wake up with less neck and shoulder pain. I’m really happy with it.” – Chelsea B.
- “Last night was the first time sleeping on it, and it was worth every penny! We didn’t want to get out of the bed. It’s thick enough for support but won’t give you a kink in your neck.” – John L.
- “Very nice pillow. I have used it for 9 months now, and it has been very good. It did start to go flat after about 7 months. I contacted the company, and they told me to put it in the dryer on high heat for 30 minutes once a month. That did work. They also sent more fill. Very happy with the response of the company and the product.” – texas141
Pros and Cons
|Adjustable: Fully adjustable, plus an extra bag of fill and free customizations during the trial period||Care: Shredded foam pillows may require occasional re-fluffing|
|Cooling: The breathable micro-vented cover and Cloud-Coated foam improve air circulation and coolness||Off-Gassing: Some customers notice a slight odor after taking their new pillow out of its packaging|
|Trial & Warranty: You’re taken care of with a 120 -night sleep trial and 20-year warranty|
How do I request customization of my Snuggle-Pedic pillow?
Snuggle-Pedic has a customer service team located at their Agoura Hills, CA facility. Their primary job is to make sure you are totally cozy and satisfied with your pillow. During the sleep trial, give one of these reps a call at 800-667-1969 or reach out on their website. They’ll usually respond the same day or within 1 business day max.
What do I do if my pillow gets flat?
If you feel like your pillow has lost some of its loft, toss it in the dryer on high heat with a few dryer sheets. 10-20 minutes should do the trick. If your pillow gets too fluffy, don’t worry – that is normal. The extra hot air will escape, and the pillow will settle into the fluff level you started with.
Where are Snuggle-Pedic’s pillows made?
All of Snuggle-Pedic’s products are made in the USA, and they hire their staff exclusively from southern California, where they’re headquartered. They also went to the length of having their supply chain audited and certified, so they can say with integrity that they are truly U.S. based.
Are Snuggle-Pedic’s memory foam pillows safe for kids?
Absolutely. Snuggle-Pedic’s bamboo pillows use only CertiPUR-US certified and Biogreen GreenGuard foam. All of the materials are hypoallergenic, and the cover is antimicrobial and dust mite resistant.
What are Certipur-US certified foams?
Memory foam that is Certipur-US certified has passed rigorous tests for air quality and overall safety. They are manufactured to produce low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) emissions. They are also made without heavy metals, ozone depleters, phthalates, formaldehyde, and flame retardants like PBDE.
Are you still on the fence about this pillow? I’m not. Here’s why:
- The fill level can be adjusted to accommodate back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers.
- The shredded memory foam really supports your noggin. It keeps your head in alignment with your neck, and your neck in alignment with your upper back. Good sleeping posture reduces or eliminates neck pain caused by the wrong pillow.
- It’s affordable. Yes, it’s a little more than you’d pay for a basic polyester pillow off the shelf, but you’re really getting endless pillow possibilities with one adjustable Snuggle-Pedic.
- You can count on the same quality of support and comfort for 20 years, thanks to a seemingly never ending warranty. Seriously though, if I bought this pillow now, it would be covered until I was 50.
- It’s breathable. I don’t want greasy hair and break-outs when I wake up. I’m guessing you don’t either. Hot pillows trigger sweat, and sweat is kind of gross. The Snuggle-Pedic lets hot air travel away from your clean air and cleansed face.
- Like I mentioned earlier, I used to sleep on a down pillow and love the feel of down. The Snuggle-Pedic has the feel of down with the support of memory foam. To that I will say, “Yes please.”
You have almost 4 months to trial this pillow, plus a team of customer care reps who are paid specifically to help you get comfortable. My vote? Go ahead and give it a try.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Adjustable Pillows
Have you ever experienced a bad night of sleep due to an ill-fitting pillow? Adjustable pillows make bad sleep a thing of the past. Read below to find out our top picks for the best adjustable pillows.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Cooling Pillows
Learn how cooling pillows, designed to refresh and release heat, can improve your sleeping experience.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Memory Foam Pillows
Find out how sleeping on a memory foam pillow can improve your sleep, and get links to the best memory foam pillows of 2019.