Tempur-Cloud Pillow Review
Read on for in-depth details on this pillow’s construction, as well our recommendations for the Tempur-Cloud Pillow line.
Aug 26th, 2022 •
[By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.]
Tempur-Pedic is one of the most well known names in the mattress industry thanks to their proprietary Tempur material. Since they launched their namesake memory foam mattress, they’ve delved into high-quality sheets, mattress toppers, and, of course, pillows.
The Tempur-Cloud is billed as Tempur-Pedic’s most popular pillow. It’s part of their Cloud line that provides a cushion soft feel. In this review, we look at the pillow’s construction, pros and cons, and buying experience. By the end of the review, you’ll have a good idea of whether or not the Tempur-Cloud soft pillow is right for you.
Inside the Tempur-Cloud Pillow
Let’s start with the quilted cover. Tempur-Pedic uses a 100% premium polyester knit for this pillow cover. Polyester is breathable and has a silky, lightweight feel. I’m tempted not to use a pillowcase on pillows covered in polyester because it’s so soft and smooth.
The cover can be removed by opening the zipper on the side and pulling out the foam core. It can also be machine wash and dried.
The core is a solid piece of extra soft Tempur foam. It’s designed to mirror the feel of a traditional pillow, but with added support. The Tempur foam responds to your weight and body temperature by relaxing. When your head hits this pillow, you’ll notice a slow compression that evenly distributes the weight of your head and supports the curve of your neck.
What Makes It Unique
These are a few of my favorite Tempur-Cloud Pillow features:
- Responsiveness: The Tempur material that makes up the bulk of the pillow is highly resistant to compressions. Some memory foams hold onto your body’s impression long after you’ve moved. The foam in the Tempur-Cloud pillow moves when you move, so you don’t feel like you’re rolling back into the place where your head used to be.
- Pressure Relief: Pressure relief is at the top of my list when reviewing the most comfortable pillows on the market. The Tempur-Cloud offers a combination of cushion and snug support. On this pillow, you’ll have great spinal alignment and less neck pain, particularly if you’re a back or stomach sleeper.
- Travel Size Pillow: This is a pillow you can take anywhere. It easily compresses and rolls up for storage, and then inflates back into its original shape when needed.
Keep reading for specifics on the Tempur-Cloud pillow warranty, return policy, and pricing.
Sizes and Prices
The Tempur-Cloud Pillow is offered in only one size that fits a standard or a queen size pillowcase.
- Dimensions: 24″ x 15 3/4″ x 5″
- Price: $79
Shipping and Returns
You receive free shipping with your Tempur-Pedic pillow purchase, unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii. Pillow orders with standard shipping are delivered within 3-5 business days. Unlike most online bedding companies, Tempur-Pedic also ships to military addresses.
Returns are only accepted if your pillow arrives damaged or defective. In other words, there is no trial period, so you better be sure before you buy. If your pillow does arrive damaged, call the Tempur-Pedic customer care team by calling 800-821-6621.
Tempur-Pedic also sells their products through a handful of external retailers (Amazon; Wayfair; Bed, Bath & Beyond). If you buy your pillow from one of these authorized dealers, the exchange and return policy are that of the specific retailer.
Trial and Warranty
As mentioned before, Tempur-Pedic doesn’t offer a trial period on their pillows; however, you can test out many of their sleep products at one of their flagship stores across the country.
The Tempur-Cloud pillow is covered by a 5-year warranty. If you’ve taken good care of your pillow and notice cracks/splits in the foam, disfiguration, or defects in the cover, Tempur-Pedic will repair or replace it (at their discretion). They ask that you pay for return shipping, but otherwise there are no additional fees for warranty claims. Make sure you keep your proof of purchase, since you’ll need that to initiate the claim process.
- “As a stomach sleeper, I’ve experienced more than my fair share of neck and shoulder pain. I had actually forgotten what it felt like to wake up without a stiff neck. I’m so glad I found the TEMPUR-Cloud. The lower loft helps keep my spine in alignment and the soft, comfortable memory foam makes it easy for me to fall asleep quickly.” – Dreamer Down South
- “I really like these pillows. I’ve had a bad neck (multiple surgeries) for years and tried nearly every major pillow available. These are my favorite by far. I even travel with one…The most comfortable and adaptable pillow I’ve ever used.” – Tom H.
- “I came across these in an article listing the best pillows for stomach sleepers.They compress nicely under pressure but bounce back quickly and maintain their shape. No constant readjustments through the night.” – Sweet Dreams
Pros and Cons
|Loft: Ideal loft level for back and stomach sleepers||Size: Only available in one size|
|Soft: Made of extra soft, contouring Tempur-material||Low:nThe low profile is not the best for side sleepers|
|Easy Care: Removable, machine washable knit cover||Cost: Not a budget pillow|
|East Travel: Easy to pack for travel or storage and quickly returns to original shape|
How do I clean my Tempur-Cloud Pillow?
Unzip the pillowcase and remove the foam core. Wash the pillowcase in cold water and dry on cool. You can also air dry the cover. Make sure you don’t use the high-setting on your dryer, and don’t use stain removers or chlorine. The Tempur foam can be spot cleaned, but make sure it’s completely dry before using. You can also remove it from the cover and let it air out if liquids are spilled on it.
Do Tempur-Pedic pillows have a break-in period?
Generally, yes. The Tempur foam cells take a few weeks to fully open. Also, because Tempur material relaxes in response to your body temperature and weight, the more you sleep on your Tempur-Pedic pillow, the more natural it will feel. Sleep experts recommend around 30 days to fully adjust to any new sleeping surface.
Is the Tempur-Cloud the only pillow sold by Tempur-Pedic?
Nope! Tempur-Pedic offers 10+ pillow models at any given time. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Tempur-Cloud Pro Pillow: the same feel as the original Tempur-Cloud offered in different loft levels for different sleeping positions
- Tempur-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow: the extra soft feel associated with the Cloud line, plus cooling gel on both sides of the pillow
- Tempur-Symphony: the Symphony pillow has a tapered side for back sleepers and a flatter side for other sleep positions
- Tempur-Neck Pillow: this model features a unique ergonomic construction that contours around your neck and head
So is the Tempur-Cloud pillow for you? Only you can decide, but here are our recommendations to help you along.
Who the Tempur-Cloud pillow is best for:
- Back and stomach sleepers: The low loft and traditional shape of this pillow are perfect for back sleepers and also work for most stomach sleepers. The soft and feel and classic foam support keep you comfy and pain-free.
- Frequent travellers: Once it’s compressed and rolled, you can fit this pillow into most suitcases, carry-ons, and overnight bags. Cinch it tight with a belt or scarf, and when you’re ready to use it, the memory foam inflates back to its original shape.
- Those transitioning into memory foam: The extra soft feel of this pillow is similar to that of polyester, cotton, and down pillows, but with the added support and responsiveness of memory foam. It’s a good transitional step into the world of memory foam.
Who the Tempur-Cloud pillow is not for:
- Side sleepers: With a height of only 5”, the Tempur-Cloud most likely will not provide enough loft to keep pressure off of side sleepers’ shoulders.
- Hot sleepers: Memory foam has a tendency to trap heat. While Tempur-Pedic has worked to improve the breathability of their Tempur foam, it still may be too warm for some sleepers.
Related: Best Cooling Pillows
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
Best Cooling Pillows
Learn how cooling pillows, designed to refresh and release heat, can improve your sleeping experience.
Best TEMPUR-Pedic Alternatives
TEMPUR-Pedic mattresses are some of the most recognizable beds on the market, but they can be pricey. Explore some cheaper alternatives in our comparison guide.
Mattress Accessories & Bedding
TEMPUR-Pedic Mattress Toppers
Memory foam is an excellent way to support aches and pains. If your mattress is painful, consider TEMPUR-Pedic mattress toppers as a great alternative.